Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot (838).png
Screenshot (839).png

I could swear she was pressing in on purpose. was there really no other way she could have taken? how about just not go in that direction? just how stupid and spoiled do you have to be do this to your shoes? the way she just doesn't give a single tit about her belongings is just...

Is it... is this romantic? aesthetic??? like that time expensive brands made shoes that looked like it was worn out, like they had dirt on them, so that rich people who wore new shoes everyday all their lives could feel like they had worn out shoes??? is that why she did it omg

Reactions: 17
It's likely because there's dirty dishes visible in the background shots and she wanted to jump in to casually insist that they're JANUINELY from the same day and HONNASTLEEEE haven't been there for days/weeks/months. She thinks calling attention to it and just lying will fool people into thinking she's being transparent. In reality, she's just a slob and far too lazy to tidy before filming.

It's far from the first time she's revealed that she just lives in squalor at Oxford, too, with dirty dishes piled high on the counters and floor for days on end:

View attachment 2714358

She really needs to just drop out, make peace with the fact that she's a privileged person with aggressively average intelligence at best and just start making friends and spending her time with them free of the fakery. For all her pretending she's SOCH AND INTROVARRT and JANUINELY LOFFS STODDYING AND LAHHHRNING, she looks completely miserable and hopelessly out of her depth whenever she's pretending to read or trying to study things she has no hope of comprehending.

View attachment 2714459

The only time she looks remotely happy is when she's around other people, removed from academia (or within arm's reach of mummy).

True to form for Ruby, she just mopes in her room alone eating nothing for most of this video, struggling to write an essay on a topic she doesn't understand for a degree that she's completely unequipped for, all the while insisting that she loves every minute. And then she wonders why her "MANTLE HALTH" isn't great.

And once again she complains that she can't focus or concentrate on anything and her attention span's destroyed after spending all day eating nothing but a few flakes of donut icing, but her solution is to just change locations and continue not eating.

My favourite part was when she exclaimed with shock that there's "SYO MANNIE GIFTED THINGS IN THIS VIDEEYOWWW: CROSSTOWN DYOHNOTS AND NOW THE OIVY." Two things is JANUNINELY SYO MANNIE and Ruby neglects to point out that every single video she uploads has between 4 and 25 undeclared ads for gifted/paid products, along with a main sponsor. She's clearly been looking at the ad criticism she's been getting and thinks more gaslighting and lies will count as transparency.

Ruby's fake accent claims another word victim: "The MASHROOM syoup was one off the basst syoops oiy've troiyed".

"It's SYO GUD fwore what nature calls..."Irresponsible reading"," Ruby says.

I must've missed that Attenborough episode, but I'm glad they're reading the classics and academic papers in the wild animal kingdom, too.
I was going to comment on the way she said SYUEWP instead of soup 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Saying Crime and Punishment is going to be in her “top 5 favourite books” after only being 5% through it… she is infuriating.
No one likes the first 100 pages of C&P. It's a hill I'm willing to die on (as an English literature graduate)

Reactions: 19
View attachment 2715903View attachment 2715908

I could swear she was pressing in on purpose. was there really no other way she could have taken? how about just not go in that direction? just how stupid and spoiled do you have to be do this to your shoes? the way she just doesn't give a single tit about her belongings is just...

Is it... is this romantic? aesthetic??? like that time expensive brands made shoes that looked like it was worn out, like they had dirt on them, so that rich people who wore new shoes everyday all their lives could feel like they had worn out shoes??? is that why she did it omg
She’s got a loft full of clothing, she’ll have five or six replacements for that pair of shoes ready to go at any time, if she ever feels like wearing something that isn’t nasty and grimy. It’s another sign of her enormous privilege that she can just ruin a pair of shoes and laugh about it. The rest of us have to put in actual hours of work to be able to afford to replace shoes. say ”shoes” one more time

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
How sad that they gift you a ton of donuts and you eat them alone and friendless in your own room... I'm sure they had in mind that she would post a little video or pic of her enjoying them with friends. Right now the message is: Eat our donuts so that you will be alone and sad. *nailed it
She didn't eat them at all - in the shot of her tasting the final one you can see she only took a bite out of two of the others and put them back in the tray.

Reactions: 8
I doubt she even understands it. More than likely we will someday get a "review" which will basically be some bizarre compilation of an Amazon review and the blurb on the back of the book, with odd little additions by her, that make absolutely no sense, whatsoever. She has proven time and time again that she needs to be spoon fed information and has no sane original thoughts of her own.
Kind of reminds me of myself reading Gone With the Wind when I was 13. It went completely over my head but I liked the idea of being the kind of person who reads ~big difficult books~. I always feel like that's what Ruby is doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Kind of reminds me of myself reading Gone With the Wind when I was 13. It went completely over my head but I liked the idea of being the kind of person who reads ~big difficult books~. I always feel like that's what Ruby is doing.
When I was 14 my favourite book was Les Miserables. And I legitimately read it cover to cover and loved it too.
And if you're wondering, yes I had no friends

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She didn't eat them at all - in the shot of her tasting the final one you can see she only took a bite out of two of the others and put them back in the tray.
Yep, these got binned after those tiny bites. If she had any intention of eating them, she could've filmed herself actually taste-testing them throughout the day, compared to the ridiculously small crumb of icing she ate before dumping them back in the box.

She does it every time she "taste-tests" something: Makes a dramatic production of taking the tiniest, crumb-sized "bite" she can, claims she devoured the whole thing and it's her favourite, but the rest is never seen again and no doubt gets binned off-camera. It's the food equivalent of her book reviews.

Reactions: 21
When I was 14 my favourite book was Les Miserables. And I legitimately read it cover to cover and loved it too.
And if you're wondering, yes I had no friends
Oh bless you we would have been BESTIES
Edit to add not in a creepy Blakeney/Rubster way

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The review: ‘IYT’S BAYSICKLY ABOUT CROIYME AND …’ Ruby screws up her eyes and squints at the camera ‘PONNISHMENT’.
"Weee tand tyooo think of CROIYME as ayyy thing that happens tyoooo OTHA PEOPLE. But whan weee think about CROIYME as ayyy CON-SAPPT, we realoise that there are A VARRY MANNIE DIFFERENT TOIYPES OF CROIYME, and NOT AWLL OF THAM ARE LEGAL. Somm of tham can even be what Hawthingbornford considers, "MATTAPHORICAL CROIYMES." And, as oiy say, ponnishment can sometimes be on-fahhr. So, in conclyoooshon, oiy would JANUINELY give THE CROIY-MAN'S PONNISHINGS boiy DOSTORR YOTHSKI a FOIVE OUT OF FOIVE. HONNASTLEE THE BASST BOOK OIY'VE AVVER RAD!"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Yep, these got binned after those tiny bites. If she had any intention of eating them, she could've filmed herself actually taste-testing them throughout the day, compared to the ridiculously small crumb of icing she ate before dumping them back in the box.

She does it every time she "taste-tests" something: Makes a dramatic production of taking the tiniest, crumb-sized "bite" she can, claims she devoured the whole thing and it's her favourite, but the rest is never seen again and no doubt gets binned off-camera. It's the food equivalent of her book reviews.
It’s giving
22146196-0C47-4878-9E18-7186FAE65D81.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Is it just me or does the wording of this make it sound like she has no idea who Dylan Thomas is?
1000051258.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
That donut GIF is doing my head in, she’s basically chewing air! Looks delish!
Why do these food producers use her to advertise though? She has an eating disorder as plain as day and her followers must be similarly inclined or blind - why would a donut producer think she is going to help sales?

Reactions: 10
Her hair would be so nice if she cut it to that length. It's far too long, as is, and she would have a far easier time taking care of it if she lopped it off.
---
Anyone know if there’s actual science behind this or is it something she likes to think exists in her dark academia world?
There have always been superstitions about the moon. Midwives used to swear that babies are more likely to be morn under a full moon, and nurses in care homes often talk about how their patients are more agitated when there's a full moon.

Of course there's no evidence around these things, it's probably coincidence. Unless roobs is a werewolf. Obviously.
---
Even if they were all from the same day, Oxford colleges are infamous for their rodent problems. Which isn't at all suprising because those buildings (even the modernised ones like Ruby's) are old as balls. And filled with students with questionable hygine. She shouldn't be leaving food scraps in her room for any length of time. You'd expect a germ-a-phobe like Roobles to be concious of that.
Not that it excuses the leaving of food scraps about, but her accomodation is post graduate and brand-spanking new. Post grads tend to not be quite the slobs that undergraduates are. Like, it's not a modernised building. It's a brand new building. She might be the first or second person to live in that room. I forget when they finished building it but I think it was around the time I graduated, so only about a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Her hair would be so nice if she cut it to that length. It's far too long, as is, and she would have a far easier time taking care of it if she lopped it off.
Agreed, I think her hair is nice but the unkempt length and the violent brushing is ruining it.

Reactions: 9
Why do these food producers use her to advertise though? She has an eating disorder as plain as day and her followers must be similarly inclined or blind - why would a donut producer think she is going to help sales?
I suppose when it comes to Ruby's following, from a brand's perspective, to gift her food is cynical marketing. Once the food is bought, it doesn't matter where and how it ends. The only thing that matters is the purchase. Sad, I know.

Reactions: 6
How the hell is she going to emulate cosplay copy that..? I feel for Ruby. Sort of.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.