Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another typical vlog on how many books she read. Still reading a single essay or poem and considering it an entire book to plump up those numbers. She still struggles with classics, but always raves about poorly received books or random reads that no one else has ever even heard of. My takeaway from this is the same as all the previous years. She doesn't understand a thing she is reading and if you asked her to describe something in depth, without being able to prep beforehand or refer to the book (or anything else for that matter) she would come up empty, like she did at her original Oxford interview.

Her strange obsession about books as physical objects. Did she think they were mirages before? Figments of her imagination? Then suddenly awoke to tactile material? I mean, wtf?

I expect next year she will have read 150 books....."The moist books I've evah red in a yeehar!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 27
At one point, I wanted to watch a parcel's tracking number. I didn't pay attention to the window, instead of opening a new one, it closed Ruby's latest borefest. I just didn't give a duck. That's how interesting it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How are vitamin tablets anything to do with reading books? Why does a company pay her to attach their product to a film that has nothing to do with their product? Doesn't that make it horrifically apparent that this is just cynical and thoughtless product placement by someone who has no professionalism and no credibility? I guess not or they wouldn't pay.

Reactions: 18
Honestly it's sad hearing her say that she has digestion issues, because of course she does with how restrictive her diet. I wish she would get the help she needs for her ED.

Reactions: 12
How are vitamin tablets anything to do with reading books? Why does a company pay her to attach their product to a film that has nothing to do with their product? Doesn't that make it horrifically apparent that this is just cynical and thoughtless product placement by someone who has no professionalism and no credibility? I guess not or they wouldn't pay.
I imagine it's her managers making the arrangements as a "talent" agency. They land an ad deal with a company and promise them ads on x number of videos in a certain timeframe from influencer/s with a reach of y number followers. Dodgy brands like this don't care who advertise their products or how dishonestly they do it, just as they get views.

A good manager would tailor those kind of deals to suit the content of their creators. An influencer with integrity would decline opportunities that don't suit their brand or content. With Ruby it's the worst of both worlds: Her agency don't give a damn about her or any of their other clients, they're nothing more than a sponsor ad farm, while Ruby doesn't have a shred of integrity so she'll desperately grasp for any cash offered from any sponsor no matter how tone-deaf, dodgy or ill-suited it is or how little she needs the money.

Reactions: 20
I don’t think I can ever get through this video. She describes a poetry anthology (for once in her life, she uses the word ”anthology” correctly) as being ”chronological” and then goes on to say it’s organised from A to Z. That just seems overly complicated, wouldn’t you just pick one as an editor? The poems in this anthology are each ”ascribed to” some theme associated with Oxford. ”Ascribe” must be her word of the week, because she’s used it incorrectly twice in the space of two days now.

also what are these comments lol, she’s certainly attracting a certain demographic ☠ Poor impressionable televisionless Roobee with her less than optimal young woman’s brain and hormones.

IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_2675.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
all our favourite book poses in the thumbnail

View attachment 2691920

oh god she’s got a new sponsor, we’ve unlocked a new Roobee threat - unfounded health claims and a dubious, vastly overpriced product.
Umm that barely visible „ad” in the left top corner won’t do roobes - it should be immediately visible and even though I was looking it took me a while to spot it. It should be immediately visible, not to mention included in the title.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think I can ever get through this video. She describes a poetry anthology (for once in her life, she uses the word ”anthology” correctly) as being ”chronological” and then goes on to say it’s organised from A to Z. That just seems overly complicated, wouldn’t you just pick one as an editor? The poems in this anthology are each ”ascribed to” some theme associated with Oxford. ”Ascribe” must be her word of the week, because she’s used it incorrectly twice in the space of two days now.

also what are these comments lol, she’s certainly attracting a certain demographic ☠ Poor impressionable televisionless Roobee with her less than optimal young woman’s brain and hormones.

View attachment 2693085
View attachment 2693086
View attachment 2693087
Considering "television" a time-squandering activity in the year 2024 in regard to a 23 year old is even beyond boomer behavior lol. Most people my age that I know haven't "squandered time" watching television in like 15 years.

Reactions: 20
"this book feels verbal"

I swear you could track the gradual death of her brain cells down to the minute.
---
she's now used "ascribe to" incorrectly four times and stated that Dakota Warren's poems are on par with Mary Oliver, somebody come pull me out of this swamp of stupidity
---
Philip Pullman's essays are all about how writers need to "use good words"
---
mispronounced "Karamazov" yet again
---
"I would not take a sponsorship for a book I didn't like because it would feel unethical" my eyes are literally watering from the irony

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
"this book feels verbal"

I swear you could track the gradual death of her brain cells down to the minute.
---
she's now used "ascribe to" incorrectly four times and stated that Dakota Warren's poems are on par with Mary Oliver, somebody come pull me out of this swamp of stupidity
---
Philip Pullman's essays are all about how writers need to "use good words"
---
mispronounced "Karamazov" yet again
---
"I would not take a sponsorship for a book I didn't like because it would feel unethical" my eyes are literally watering from the irony
Nooo not Karamazov again 😭

Honestly it's sad hearing her say that she has digestion issues, because of course she does with how restrictive her diet. I wish she would get the help she needs for her ED.
Yeah, I go through periods where I don't eat very much and god does it throw off my guts. Real horrid gut pains. It flares up after I eat, and takes a little while of careful eating to dispell. I can't imagine what it's like when it's as long term as Ruby's is.

It could also be long term food poisoning. A lot of people think food poisoning is where you're yakking your guts up or whatever, but really it's usually just a bit of a dicky tummy for a while. From the cleanliness of their kitchen, I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

Reactions: 6
Is she holding one of her stupid planners in that photo? I could be wrong but I've got a game where I try and see where Ruby is doing undisclosed adverts in her videos.

My recent one was in her preparing for univeristy vlog and she was showing off her Ipad cover which is from casetify, which she has advertised for them before. It was a very odd way at showing a ipad cover and the way that she did it, made me think that she was doing an sneaky advert there, especially as you can see the logo where the camera is and she was holding it so it could be seen, presenting the object to the camera. There is no need for her to show her case off like that even if she was just wanting to show how nice it was.

Attachments

Reactions: 13
She’s been gifted a keyboard for her reMarkable (she had been ”wanting to get it for months” but god forbid she spend her own money on anything when she can just grift for it) and it’s ”like a typewriter.” So now she can use her device that feels just like writing on paper, to type like she’s on a typewriter. Let’s just reflect on the fact that she has copious amounts of paper and pens, as well as an ACTUAL typewriter, at her disposal. Not to mention she’s excited about it because she can work on a mobile device without being distracted by apps. Um, Roobee, your various iDevices all come with ”do not disturb” mode. Having made a number of videos on how to avoid distraction and how you stopped procrastinating and successfully reduced your screen time, surely you know how to use it?

Oh wait, I forgot. This is Roobee and she’s just lying for money again, the obnoxious little toad.

edit: I see she’s claiming she actually paid for this. O slash in the chat, all those who believe her.

Reactions: 25
I think maybe a vegan diet doesn't suit everybody. I have a colleague who is vegan because his partner is and he has stomach issues all the time because of his diet. It is sad though that she is having issues when she's so young and I hope she's had proper medical help about it, long term reflux is quite damaging.

Reactions: 7
Anxiety and stress can also trigger stomach problems, including starting chronic ones. IBS, for certain. We already know she is not eating well, is stressed out about growing up and a million other things, the tiniest of things or situations can trigger IBS, ulcers and other complaints. I am not surprised she is having troubles, to be honest. She continually locks herself into bizarre situations; attending one of the hardest universities just for the name, not caring about her major, not having reasonable goals about her future, still wanting to be a child and really can't grow up at all, unhealthy or lack of relationships, not working a proper job, not knowing how to drive, living at home close to Mommy as she can be without being in the same room, lying continually on her failing channel, losing followers because they have grown up and beyond her, younger ones not being able to grasp what the heck she is talking about. Therapy is helpful, but you also have to put in the work, and that alone is challenging and triggering to problems. Her parents didn't do a very good job setting her up for adulthood. They just continually allowed her to be childish, finding it easier to deal with her to go along with her strange whims. In the end, she will continue to drift further from reality and be in worse trouble than she already is. Getting a grip on life and learning to work, drive and other adulting pursuits would have served her far better than a useless Master's degree that she has no plans on using.

Reactions: 10
Untitle567890798768ry45y5668679864457567567869865464]756867798546454479754588746458998d - Copy.png

"my first book is currently on submission"

Umm..."first"? Ruby, did you conveniently forget about Erimentha Parker, Lottie Parton, Penelope Peppermint and every other half-assed, plagiarised book you tried and failed to get published inbetween?

"OIY AM A WROYTA! JOSST PLEASE FORGAT ABOUT AWLL THYOSE OTHHA THINGS OIY WROTE PLEASE, THEY DIDN'T COUNT! OIY'M ALLOWED AS MANNIE DYO-OVVAHS AS OIY WANT, MOIY MUMMY SAYS SYO!"

Given how much this video screams "I AM RECOYTING AD COPY PROMO BLURBS THAT OIY WAS PAID TO READ", I don't believe for a second that she paid for this herself.

She also claims to be a "chronic over-editor" which might be the most unintentionally hilarious things she's ever said.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.