Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like Mamma Granger has her own room. Right next to Ruby. Nothing like a good marriage when you are closer to your daughter than the husband you still live with.
I assumed it was the parents' bedroom, not Clara's one only. Anyways we need her to start her own channel, at this point I'm pretty sure she'd be more entertaining than her daughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t help but feel as though one of the reasons she’s always so so cold is because the Bones Mansion doesn’t have double glazing. The amount she films her filthy window just shows off the fact that in reality one of the most eco-friendly things her family could do would be to install double glazing and carpets so their heating bill goes down. Wouldn’t have to sit on the dirty floor in front of the aga then!
I think it's because she sleeps with her window cracked open* like some Victorian socialite who believes breathing stale air all night is going to give them pimples.

* I don't know if she ACTUALLY sleeps with her window open, but she claimed to once upon a time during one of her numerous 'get ready for bed with me' videos. In reality, I think it's all just Ruby being performative. The likelihood of her actually sitting on the hard, filthy tiles to read of a morning is practically zero. The part of the brand she fails at most is being cozy, but it is still part of the brand. Note that Clarice is always dressed in normal house attire whenever Ruby is rugged up and clutching tea/a water bottle like she's passing through the drake passage in the dead of winter.

Also worth noting that Ruby's desk in her bedroom is literally pushed up against a radiator. It's no more warmer in front of the agar than it is at her desk.

Reactions: 12
It's hilarious listening to Ruby's voice next to her mum's. Ruby's pretentious fake posh accent is so comically unnatural.

Reactions: 14
My, for somebody who doesn't read YA, Roobles certainly has a lot of YA/middle grade books on her bookshelf.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think she's just not very good at taming her nest hair. I suspect no one ever properly taught her. It's either in a low ponytail, a scrunchy bun (if it can even be called that, it looks like a sloppy mess when it's like that), or down. She doesn't know how to style her hair properly, that's probably why she doesn't cut it. That and being ACTOOLY TWALVE YEARS AHLD. It's a shame actually, her hair is very pretty and long, just not taken care of (see: the way she brushes it and how frail it always looks as well). I guess being blessed with nice, long hair means nothing to her. That or she can't figure out how to grip a curling rod or straightener with her weird motor skills. Any guesses are on the table I suppose.
There’s just no way Ruby is not dyspraxic. I hope she’s getting the appropriate support- maybe that’s why she’s finding Oxford so hard if she isn’t? It can affect organisation/executive function. That’s why she’s always such a mess apart from doing small parts of a routine, and everything just seems a struggle

Reactions: 10
I can’t help but feel as though one of the reasons she’s always so so cold is because the Bones Mansion doesn’t have double glazing. The amount she films her filthy window just shows off the fact that in reality one of the most eco-friendly things her family could do would be to install double glazing and carpets so their heating bill goes down. Wouldn’t have to sit on the dirty floor in front of the aga then!
Does anyone know if the building is listed? Might prevent them from making a change like that.
---
I don't know why her and her mum thought the whole curler situation was going to work. Ruby's hair is long and completely unstyled. People who use things like curlers usually have haircuts that allow them to. She's restricted to other sorts of hairstyles, mostly involving plaits.

Also surprised no one here has picked up on the comment from mum that, because roobs doesn't use a hairdryer, she still goes to bed with sopping wet hair? Uhhh... Scalp fungus, anyone? I used to do that (gross, I know) and then I realised it was making my hair limp and greasy, and quite frankly itchy, so I stopped doing that. Because that's what you do when you realise something you do is gross, you stop doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don't often post but enjoy the many amusing contributions on here. The latest vlog was one of the funniest ever. The segue from Mamma Bones and Ruby sniffing the fragrance sachets the neighbour sent to make their closets smell nice to the horrendous photo of the filthy Aga made me laugh out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There’s just no way Ruby is not dyspraxic. I hope she’s getting the appropriate support- maybe that’s why she’s finding Oxford so hard if she isn’t? It can affect organisation/executive function. That’s why she’s always such a mess apart from doing small parts of a routine, and everything just seems a struggle
I doubt she's dyspraxic, she's actually pretty good at acro for somebody who never practices. She can do a front aerial, back tuck, ect. It's not a coordination issue, it's a motivation issue.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know if the building is listed? Might prevent them from making a change like that.
---
I don't know why her and her mum thought the whole curler situation was going to work. Ruby's hair is long and completely unstyled. People who use things like curlers usually have haircuts that allow them to. She's restricted to other sorts of hairstyles, mostly involving plaits.

Also surprised no one here has picked up on the comment from mum that, because roobs doesn't use a hairdryer, she still goes to bed with sopping wet hair? Uhhh... Scalp fungus, anyone? I used to do that (gross, I know) and then I realised it was making my hair limp and greasy, and quite frankly itchy, so I stopped doing that. Because that's what you do when you realise something you do is gross, you stop doing it.
I agree, I was just going to post that maybe the building is listed, or if not, maybe there are restrictions on what changes can be made. The neighbour's house that is for sale also looks to have single glazing.

Also totally agree about going to bed with wet hair, don't do it Rubes! I don't like using a hairdryer, I have long hair too and just wash it earlier in the evening and let it air dry and use a hair wrap/turban. Sleeping with wet hair is not good for your scalp, face or pillow, yuck.

Reactions: 5
I doubt she's dyspraxic, she's actually pretty good at acro for somebody who never practices. She can do a front aerial, back tuck, ect. It's not a coordination issue, it's a motivation issue.
Good point but you can learn stuff once you get the idea. Like many struggle with tying shoelaces but once they’ve learnt they’ve learnt.

---

Sleeping with wet hair is something you only do when it's extremely hot in summer, it saved my nights tbh. But other than this very short time of the year... Uh no thanks. Especially at this season, it's the best way to get sick.

I think it's because she sleeps with her window cracked open* like some Victorian socialite who believes breathing stale air all night is going to give them pimples.

* I don't know if she ACTUALLY sleeps with her window open, but she claimed to once upon a time during one of her numerous 'get ready for bed with me' videos. In reality, I think it's all just Ruby being performative. The likelihood of her actually sitting on the hard, filthy tiles to read of a morning is practically zero. The part of the brand she fails at most is being cozy, but it is still part of the brand. Note that Clarice is always dressed in normal house attire whenever Ruby is rugged up and clutching tea/a water bottle like she's passing through the drake passage in the dead of winter.

Also worth noting that Ruby's desk in her bedroom is literally pushed up against a radiator. It's no more warmer in front of the agar than it is at her desk.
Not only the mom, the dad and the sister also dress normal all the time. So maybe it's not the house which is cold but Ruby who's extremely nesh? Or not in a good health?

Reactions: 8
I'm late and just watching her bake the almond cake(s), but how does someone who has a recipe book not know that you can't just omit 100g of sugar without even thinking about how that will affect the baking, the structure and, finally, the taste? What's more, she contemplated substituting the missing sugar with maple syrup, which is a completely different consistency?! It's fine to cut down on sugar to some degree if it's just a simple sponge, but you can't just throw in a sticky maple syrup instead of sugar. There are reasons why baking requires precise measures and instructions, and she seems completely ignorant.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I rarely post here but I’m howling at her trying to use a hair roller. Surely the clue is in the name ‘roller’ that she needs to roll her hair in it and not just lay dry hair on top???

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 13.07.45.png

Blowdrying already dry hair, hair spray until hair is wet. I'm guessing it looked like There's Something About Mary Ruby

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm late and just watching her bake the almond cake(s), but how does someone who has a recipe book not know that you can't just omit 100g of sugar without even thinking about how that will affect the baking, the structure and, finally, the taste? What's more, she contemplated substituting the missing sugar with maple syrup, which is a completely different consistency?! It's fine to cut down on sugar to some degree if it's just a simple sponge, but you can't just throw in a sticky maple syrup instead of sugar. There are reasons why baking requires precise measures and instructions, and she seems completely ignorant.
She’s only started even measuring the ingredients fairly recently, after multiple failures and being told in the comments that you can’t just eyeball it with baking unless you’re a seasoned pro.

Of course she’s always looking to cut calories. She made biscuits once that her parents had to sprinkle sugar on, they were that tasteless.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Good point but you can learn stuff once you get the idea. Like many struggle with tying shoelaces but once they’ve learnt they’ve learnt.
It depends whether the problem is with ideation or execution how quickly a skill is learnt - if ever.

Just watch her last video and the first outfit, the one with the large stripes sweater, is kinda nice for a casual one. And it doesn't scream "I'm a kid" unline the Chanel cosplay and the huge shoes making her legs very frail in comparison.
Also... The queen of to-do lists, organisation and planning everything only packing in a rush? Uh... Who are you and what did you do of Ruby?
I like this outfit too. I felt like it made her look like an actual young adult with some style

Not only the mom, the dad and the sister also dress normal all the time. So maybe it's not the house which is cold but Ruby who's extremely nesh? Or not in a good health?
People who are underweight or are not eating enough feel cold all the time (see athletes on a cut to make a weight category). Not saying anything, mind.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.