Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know what she uses in the recent video to read and annotate (I use that word lightly) the text with the pen? Obvs don’t want to ask miss know it all

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what she uses in the recent video to read and annotate (I use that word lightly) the text with the pen? Obvs don’t want to ask miss know it all
I believe it's the Remarkable Type Folio that she did a TikTok for like two days ago. She said she bought it with her own money, but she did receive a gifted tablet from them two years ago.

Reactions: 4
I believe it's the Remarkable Type Folio that she did a TikTok for like two days ago. She said she bought it with her own money, but she did receive a gifted tablet from them two years ago.
Thank you! It annoys me so much the freebies that they get - it has the opposite effect on me with purchasing

Reactions: 4
Thank you! It annoys me so much the freebies that they get - it has the opposite effect on me with purchasing
I'm not sure how sponsorships work, but I always hear of influencers admitting that they do unboxings of brands they want to work with and just hope that by tagging them they'll reach out. I'm pretty sure her doing the unboxing on tiktok and using this in her vlog is just so they'll contact her again for a paid sponsorship. It's crazy to me how many devices she uses just to do her readings and annotations. You'll see her switching between her iMac, her laptop, her iPad, and now this. It seems so excessive. And she claims that she bought this new device so she can stay focused while she reads and writes. This doesn't go well with the image of the perfectly focused student she claims to be who can just get up and work for hours without disruptions.

Reactions: 17
Girl, what is this pufferfish moment supposed to mean? 🐡 (@ 8:31)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She knows exactly what she's doing when it comes to the ad thumbnails - it's almost exclusively white, borderless text on light background.

In the rare event that she responds to criticism, she'll just huff, stomp her feet and say, "THE RYOOLS SAY OIY CAN OYTHA POT "AD" IN THE THOMBNAIL ORRR IN THE TOYTLE, AND OIY CHEEZE TYEU DEU THE FARRST WAN. :) x" Naturally, she'll neglect to mention or explain all the undeclared ads (I counted at least 4 in this video).

Putting up a title like "(AD) My Very Productive Routine for Tuesday Mid-Afternoons in January At Oxford University (i am an oxford student)" would make it immediately clear that it's an ad before you click. Ruby doesn't want that, especially since she'd have to do it for every piece of content she ever uploads. She knows if she declared all her ads and gifted products, every video would have 'AD' in the title and at least 75% of her videos would have on-screen ad declarations. Then her fans might start wising up that she's just putting on an embarrassingly fake persona to advertise poor-quality products to get money she doesn't need and stockpile free stuff she'll never use.

And naturally, she just has to lie about her relationship with the sponsor brand. She can't just say, "This video is sponsored by [insert brand here] which is [insert ad blurb here]." She just can't stop herself from launching into people-pleasing compulsive liar mode, insisting that the brand that she got for free, was paid to use and never uses outside the sponsored videos is HAHHR MYOST FAVORAT AVVER AND SHE YEEZES IT AVVERY SINGOL DAY, JANUINELY!

Here she's telling tall tales about how her mummy always buys this brand of expensive deodorant and Ruby always steals it to use herself, even though I don't recall her ever showing it or mentioning in a video ever before. Now she just magically and coincidentally has a sponsor deal with them. It's par for the course with her: Accept an ad deal, lie to establish a non-existent history of using the product outside paid ads, then heap praise on it in hopes that the sponsor will be happy and offer more money. Not a shred of integrity in her.

Meanwhile, the companies like Glossier and Blackwell/Waterstones who she keeps showing and advertising non-stop while desperately trying to beg a sponsorship deal out of them won't touch her with a bargepole. They're getting nothing but free advertising out of her anyway so have no reason to pay her.

Reactions: 25
Also love how she's the wrong person to give a deodorant sponsorship to. Her hygiene is horrendous.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Screenshot (849).png

Suuuure she washed it lolol why insist on lying, just embrace your nasty goblin true self.

Screenshot (850).png

oooh the irony of her doing everything she can to act like she's twelve but ending up looking like a grandma

• Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 2700156

Suuuure she washed it lolol why insist on lying, just embrace your nasty goblin true self.

View attachment 2700161

oooh the irony of her doing everything she can to act like she's twelve but ending up looking like a grandma
I especially liked her mentioning how shocked she was that the food processor she got for Christmas wasn't poor quality and how she was expecting a cheap piece of crap. Throwing shade at grandmammaaaah for getting her a high-quality, useful gift, meanwhile Ruby just gave her grandparents a shitload of almonds and a couple of childish doodles not fit to stick on the fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Why are the Ruby comment section defenders all thick as mince? The lack of critical thinking and media literacy, in addition to blind hero worship, in Gen Alpha/young Gen Z (in addition to creepy foreign men she attracts) is concerning

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.