Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bookworm39

THERE'S A NEW VIDEO! THIS IS NOT A DRILL lololo

Edit: and yes, it's sponsored

I've fallen down a folk horror rabbit hole since listening to a talk on "Folklore in Film and TV" by the Folklore Society last night. This is going to be such an extreme switch for my poor wee brain, but I have to watch Ruby's video now. From The Wicker Man and Midsommar straight to Ruby's childish dark academia fantasies lol. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Liz.Lemon

Lol not sure if someone has seen this but this tiktoker comparing Ruby's style to Sophia Rosemary or Courtney from Pretty Little Fawn, is hilarious!

• Haha

hart301

What happened to those friends she made in the first week or so and went out to a play and for a meal with them?
---
this is insane to me. Girl straight up said don’t buy my product. lol
Holly I believe is a Canadian student studying on exchange anyways…so it’s not like Ruby will ever try to see her again once she goes back overseas.

hart301

Her hair always looks like a nest when it’s up. Especially in those elevator photos.

"Well, I am writing on Robert Burns, Scottish Nationalism and identity. Keir Starmer is against Scottish independence, so it is *kinda* topical! 😂
oh gawd no wonder you’re procrastinating. It’s like they want to actively stifle any chance for originality 🤣

• Haha

Deeandra2020

Just looked at her StoryGraph… she’s barely read anything recently. Watch her suddenly add like 10 books to make up numbers. She read them all but forgot to add them HONESTLY.
Maybe she's too busy working on her masters essays lol
---
Never pay any attention to the timeline of this family. Rubes has lied numerous times about what time she is going where, doing what. Her mother is probably the same way. Trust me, she won't be going home to an empty house. Either Daddy Bones is there or her mother is already back, or this happened a while ago and is just another staged picture to post whenever she didn't have new material.
Isn’t Martha at home or is she still at Brighton? Idk anymore…

Last edited:

bookworm39

Well... Did you heard about dark academia? And white academia? I'm happy to announce that they created grey academia because some people were stressed by dark academia and the interpretation they had of it.
I have, I just got confused by the gazillion new "academias" and "-cores" that seem to be popping up everywhere. Blame it on being old! 😂

Corneilya

Is the potential queerness thing really a thing? Obviously you can't generalise, but not being attracted to the opposite sex can mean you're comfortable around them/able to have casual friendships with them. There's really no evidence of that with Ruby at all (although coming to the channel as an outsider I did wonder if she and Blakeney were a couple, so I suppose I can kind of see the vibe).
I'm not speaking about queer people finding comfort in others making a specific content, but about people making it a fetish and pretend to see signs in every possible person they meet. It has nothing to do with comfort, tolerance or acceptance in these cases, it's just a way to put people il premade boxes because we don't like not knowing and not being able to judge that part of their life. And if we are honest, these "vibes" are just stereotypes, like thinking a tomboy girl is a lesbian, and rather disrepectful, if the persons don't talk about their dating life, then us watchers should respect that as well.
---
It's a stretch w/ the queer arguments but I think a lot of it could have to do with losing a large portion of her audience if she did hypothetically come out. She shows everyone where she lives, and who her parents and sister are, so I doubt it's a privacy issue. A lot of YTers (LGBT or not) are afraid of losing their following because it can be their main / only source of income. Since Roobs markets herself as a 'traditional' girl and henceforth has a 'traditional' audience, coming out could genuinely piss off the older, more traditional side of her audience.
In a way, and sadly, yes, she'd lost lot of people, mostle the goody-two-shoes ones, parents and kids. But on another side, and only if she'd rebranded her whole channel into a more activist one, she could gain lot of people too. That's two sides of a coin.

secretalphabets

What does unhauling mean in this context? Guess I'll have to go over to the Jack Edwards thread to find out.
It's just a booktube term for the opposite of a haul. In a haul you show all the books you bought, in an unhaul you show all the books you're getting rid of.

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Not ruby influencing me but should I read crime and punishment? It’s been on my tbr for a while
The first 100 pages or so are a SLOG and then I found it quite enjoyed the rest. I honestly think I took longer over that than the rest of the book altogether 😂

• Heart