Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Capri

Depends on the job and the vlogger. There's a lot of software engineers that make interesting work vlogs that have millions of views
I guess depends on the job but I am not sure most study YouTubers would be able to keep their views if they started vlogging about working .. who knows

Reactions: 2

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
maybe they can time travel or beam themself to other places.
Suuuuure, from HogWTF to Cringe-ffondor real quick.
Guess who else is into Oxford, Creative Writing, and English Lit? AMMA WATSON! AMAGAD!
Costly cosplay, innit? Muy more expensive than your run-of-the-mill Hermione gown and your typical HP wands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Deeandra2020

She spoke at an online conference last year and spent ages prepping then didn't use any of her notes, or prepared stuff and decided to wing it. Then cried on camera because it went badly. This is probably what happened again.
Me trying to remember when this happened like 😅

crowleyskeeper1

Are we allowed to discuss money? How much do we think she makes from YT and sponsorship deals?
Probably at least 20-30k a year. I recommend watching Anna lenkovska's old videos where she breaks down how much she makes in a year and ali abdaal's previous videos that anna modelled her videos after. Anna lenkovska is pretty popular but she doesn't have that big of a channel compared to the top youtubers and especially not when she made those videos and she was still pulling in a lot of money from just a few brand deals

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
I have always wondered why Ruby didn’t do history at A-Level. I can see doing a science to keep your options open but Ruby seemed so sure that she was going down an arts route that it just seemed odd for her to do Chemistry.

When I was doing my A-Levels (which admittedly was a long time ago) history was seen as one of the most academically rigorous ones to choose and there were at least two potential med students in my class taking it for that reason, one of whom got an offer from Cambridge. I’d guess maybe her school only offered modern history and she didn’t like the period (although I think the modern history course could start with, you guessed it, the French Revolution) but it’s something I do wonder about. I personally think she would have been happier doing a history degree too.
History A Level actually had a French History component for a long time! No Victorians though sadly

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
@drew54 as someone else pointed out, it was Terms and Conditions. Referenced in that book is The Best Kind of Girl by Gillian Avery which has a scorcher of a bibliography. Just so many contemporaneous essay collections on girls education and other histories.

Terms and Conditions was my comfort book for a few years, because I could just pick it up and read it from whatever page. It really got me into "Old Girl" memoirs, of which there are many. Girls education is far more interesting than boys education haha.
The chapter about pashes is about girls similar to Ruby, isn't it?

FolderDuvet

Margot passed away in 2021. Don't feel bad about not noticing though because there was a complete lack of grief and emotion from Ruby about the death of a dog she proclaimed to love and had 'farever'. It was announced as a throw away comment in between her making tea and a studying timelapse, then Margot was promptly forgotten about, never to be mentioned again.

Regarding her busy bee list, it's a very weird time of the year to be doing her tax.
Is it? I would assume getting it started now, ahead of the return in early April is a good idea, no?

Never had to fill out a tax form though, so do correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly I´m glad she for once seems to be honest about her reading speed, not like with the Brothers Karamazov (I still shudder remembering the whole pronouncition debacle lmao) 😄 It took me quite a while to finish reading Crime and Punishment, even though it´s by far one of my favourite books of all time and I read a lot of classic literature in general. How fast you read something can indicate how much you like it, but not necessarily in every case. Also calling Crime and Punishment an below average size novel sounds a bit arrogant to me tbh 😂 In my german translation it has roughly 750 pages of rather small print (The Brothers Karamazov has around 1.050 pages) and to be fair reading it is vastly different to let´s say a YA novel with the same or a higher page number.
---

Read it! I loved it, it´s a great book :D
have u read the "schuld und sühne" or the "verbrechen und strafe" translation. Just interested. Imho the verbrechen und strafe one is the better translation, it starts with the title which is a far more fitting translation, but kind of a move to rename such an important book....

She's mentioned submitting essays and pieces of writing a few times but been purposefully vague about what she's submitting, where and why. Most of it's amounted to her tossing her bad seagull poems in every direction and hoping someone will publish one or it'll win a competition (naturally, nobody touched any of her poems or fiction with a bargepole).

She bragged that she got an "ACADAMMICK ASSAYYY POBBLISHED" a while back, but luck and low standards seemed to have been her friends there, too:

https://english.umd.edu/research-in...ing-2022/heaven-what-i-cannot-reach-how-emily

Every piece of academic writing she shares is the same brand of godawful mess, with a few borrowed, disconnected ideas and a bunch of Googled quotes lazily stitched together in one babbling essay with no regard for coherence or a clear through line. I can't see whatever this conference paper is being any different.

Ruby being Ruby, this'll no doubt be a wildly embellished minor vanity event of some kind, like Oxford's 3rd worst hotel agreed to let her use their karaoke mic to read out her essay to whatever guests might be milling around the bar area between the hours of 11am and noon.
What in the name of incomprehensibility did I just try and fail to read? :oops:

crowleyskeeper1

I guess depends on the job but I am not sure most study YouTubers would be able to keep their views if they started vlogging about working .. who knows
I think it depends on how they transition and if their work is actually interesting. For example, Ali Abdaal