Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eeez

Just watch her last video and the first outfit, the one with the large stripes sweater, is kinda nice for a casual one. And it doesn't scream "I'm a kid" unline the Chanel cosplay and the huge shoes making her legs very frail in comparison.
Also... The queen of to-do lists, organisation and planning everything only packing in a rush? Uh... Who are you and what did you do of Ruby?
I like this outfit too. I felt like it made her look like an actual young adult with some style

Oaklyn

It's not that it's easy to get into, it's that she applied to the least subscribed English course at the least subscribed historical college.

As I've said before, I am not suprised to get in. On paper, if I was a tutor of 15th century lit who had never heard of Ruby before, I would find her proposed area of study really intriguing and would want to read it. Because the concept of girlhood during that time period is virtually unexplored and, because of the mass book burnings during the time, completely uncategorised in known relevant text. I'd be thinking this is a student who is going to dig deep into the uncategorised archives and pull together something completely new for me to learn.

The tutor had no way to know that Ruby's interest in girlhood is strictly limited to the protrayal in children's fiction penned the years between 1890 and 1930. And her own pathological desire not to mature past age 12.

So here we are, 8 months later, and that same tute has now rejected multiple research questions from Ruby before practically having to spoonfeed her one. Which she may or may not currently be in the middle of starting again on.
Did she talk about her application? I might have missed this. You don't usually propose an MA dissertation in your MA application, so she wouldn't have had to bring this up at all. But she might have mentioned some of her literary interests in her personal statement. Has she said her tutor has rejected multiple research questions or is this just pure speculation?

Oaklyn

Or maybe not if it went as badly as she alludes to?! I think it’s been a bit of a reality check for Ruby who probably envisioned herself drifting around academia presenting papers and talks on various English lit topics to us and has now realised that you can’t bullshit your way through academia beyond undergrad level.
Yes they’ve tagged her. I just searched her name on Twitter and found the conference, and through the organiser’s website you can see their Instagram and she’s on the stories and grid. It probably didn’t go as badly as Ruby thinks, she’s too hard on herself.