Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

missmina

VIP Member
Ruby is claiming to have already read 27 books this year (on Storygraph).

EDIT: Just checked out the Ruby/Jade content and yikes… what is this caption.
Quite the contrary but okay, maybe in that elevator. Seriously though they’re both dumb just in slightly different ways.

Reactions: 3

hart301

Haha I'd forgotten all about that moment. Now I feel worse. Thank u. 😝

Seriously though. That Boston trip was the most miserable-looking holiday I've seen. Ruby did nothing to sell the place!
The problem is (from someone who lives here) is that she came at the worst time of the year. It's cold, windy, and it gets dark at 4 PM in the fall. She came around the end of the witch tourist crowd and it doesn't help that many of the museums here that she wanted to go to were far out (Concord and Amherst). Amherst especially sucks. It's a uni town way far out in the boondocks that has UMass, but even the UMass students hate it out there because there's no train to get back to Boston. Ruby went in thinking that she could take the train everywhere (which is true for GREATER Boston) but she didn't take into account she was going in the literal boondocks. :ROFLMAO:

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
My boyfriend had a paper accepted to a conference. He's heading off to Canada for it in a bit over a week. I say this because preparing that paper for that conference (despite it being an adaptation of his masters dissertation AND having already been presented at a workshop AND having a full time academic helping him prepare it) consumed almost all his free time for a period of a month or two.

I didn't even know Ruby was putting out papers to conferences. Has she mentioned it? She never mentioned adapting her bachelor's dissertation, right, so presumably it's "fresh" material. I highly doubt this is an actual academic conference. Unless standards in the humanities really are that dire.
---

I'm imagining the death stares from the doctoral candidates in the bod while she types away at her typewriter in there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Has anyone watched a discovery of witches? There's a few scenes of the main character talking to another in the Bod and it's really unrealistic because none of the dPhil students are glaring at her. Also the whole thing with her on Christchurch meadow after dark and the vampire guy coming across the Isis from Univ boathouse. Like, he crossed running water at least once, probably 3 times if he did the shortest dry land route from where he was to where she was, is he not a vampire? I reckon Ruby would like the programme though. VERY Dark Academia.
If she did, that would explain her constant moving from one place to another 😂

Natash

Ok fellow french people, Ruby plans to invade us once again during Easter holidays. Hide the croissants, the study zombie invader will cross the borders soon!
Oh I guess now we know the story behind this collection- it's been recently updated too.
Screenshot_20240201-113102_Pinterest.jpg

theMoth

Chatty Member
View attachment 2685522

I don’t know what's funnier:

The gormless expression
Her insistence on always looking at her phone screen when taking a mirror selfie.
Her wearing leather shoes while another pair of leather shoes appears to be peeking out of her tote bag (SYO VEEGAN).
Her desperately clutching the old, defunct PONKERPODTIFTEE PLANNAH she never uses rather than advertise the new one she launched and then forgot all about.
Her using the Daunt Books tote bag instead of the PONKINPODDTUFTEEE one she launched and then forgot all about.
The boarding school luggage.
for me it's the suitcase. this sthing ... I have no words.
I wonder where her iMac is. I hope it's not in the suitcase.

Officedoor123

VIP Member
No no they have a cleaner. Named Clara. Mama Bones does no such cleaning! Unless you count the dishwasher
Oh I seeeeee thank you. Well, the kitchen still looks mucky. I get that older places don't look like Mrs Hinchs place, but even so it's grotty looking.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
She posted on the community part of her YouTube that she has been "taking a break" from YouTube and that she plans to start posting again in 2 weeks when the term finishes.
Hilary Term officially finished on Friday, but her essays are due 2 weeks after that so I guess she is waiting until she has submitted these essays before she starts uploading videos again.

duchess_wallis

Ruby's definitely her mother's daughter.

Both have a predictable tendency to wildly embellish or completely fabricate events for attention. With Ruby it's all her fake 72-hours-in-a-day accomplishments and pretending to be the most PRODOCKTIVE GARL HYOO AVVER LIVVED. With her mum it's the weekly occurrence of household disaster and crippling, deadly injuries that always end in no visit to the hosptial and are magically cured with a bit of rest and a cup of tea.

They're both partial to a bit of performative poverty to try to appear relatable, despite neither having to work, living in a manor home and owning several homes between them.

Neither of them appear to have any intention of getting a real job and will just exaggerate minor hobbies and busywork into full-blown, back-breaking careers (with Ruby it was her 3-hours-a-fortnight nepo job at her old school, her imaginary involvement in PONKERPOD TIBTEE, etc., with her mum it's a monthly call-in guest spot on her friend's local radio talk show).

Both are incredibly lazy and content to live in squalor, but will swear profusely that they're diligent, hard-working and obsessively clean and tidy.
After all these years of us wondering how they can live in such squalor... Turns out they enjoy the dirt

• Haha

Oaklyn

Do you have a link? I've tried searching but can't find anything.
Just search ruby’s twitter handle and look in latest posts. On their Instagram stories right now they have a list of all the papers, including ruby’s and a photo of her giving her talk. The students are all from really good universities, Ruby’s done well to get accepted to speak. She’s probably being dramatic about it not going well and wanted her followers to give her some attention, but they really haven’t understood or read her post properly, and are going on about another presentation.

• Haha

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
Idk, she does like to dabble in preformative activism from time to time. I think the more likely cause is that, in her mind, she is just a wee 12 year old girl stuck in the body of a 24 year old woman. And 12 year old girls don't have boyfriends.
If Greta Thunberg was a poor fraud, she'd be a Ruby.