Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just at the beginning of the video and the juxtaposition between her voice when she talks about journaling and later voiceover is huge. It's like she de-aged 10 years and sounds like a bubbly teenager again!

Reactions: 8
oh god not another sped-up ”study” sequence set to the flight of the bumblefucking bee 😭

also let’s just all collectively take 15 seconds to appreciate how clean she likes to keep her space, a JARRMAPHOBIC PARFACKSHUNIST if I ever saw one

IMG_2663.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
okay so I may not be the cleanest of housekeepers *glares at cats* but at least I’m still a safe distance of approximately 29564 miles from whatever the duck this situation is ☠🪦

IMG_2665.jpeg

edit: now I’m just laughing at myself bc it’s so blatantly obvious from these holier-than-thou comments that somebody both vacuumed AND did the dishes today 😂😇

speaking of situations - there must be a number of cures for a receding hairline, but since when has *waves hands* THIS been a solution?

IMG_2668.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Why was she only doing her packing the day before she went back to Uni? It just comes across that nowadays she is totally unprepared for everything as she is always doing things at the last possible minute and what was with the weird ending as she was showing us her stationary in her desk drawer and then just cut off the video with her usual outro.

Reactions: 14
Just watch her last video and the first outfit, the one with the large stripes sweater, is kinda nice for a casual one. And it doesn't scream "I'm a kid" unline the Chanel cosplay and the huge shoes making her legs very frail in comparison.
Also... The queen of to-do lists, organisation and planning everything only packing in a rush? Uh... Who are you and what did you do of Ruby?

Reactions: 7
So, after arriving back at Oxford yesterday you would think that Ruby would be spending her time in Oxford getting ready for the new term which starts on Monday, but no in her calendar she wrote that she would be going back to London today despite only being in London on Wednesday for the Chanel exhibition. It just comes across as if she is trying to avoid Oxford at all costs by going back to London again when she could easily stay at Oxford to study and meet up with her friends who are on the course with her as surely they will also be in Oxford. Therefore it just seemed completely pointless to go to London on the Wednesday only to go back 3 days later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
We never got a "What I read in 2023" video or a "packing to return to Oxford" video. If she starts posting things like that now, she is already behind schedule again. She should just abandon her channels altogether. They are pure dribble these days.
Well guess what in her latest video in her planner on the 9th January she was going to film her 2023 book round up. So, expect that to be posted within the next few days honestly I don't why she didn't film this earlier on in the month as she would have more time whereas now she just seems in a rush to get her reading done. Therefore, by the time she posts the video it will be completely pointless as we will be either halfway through the month or at the end of the month and for someone who claims to be organised she seems to be behind schedule quite a lot.
1705178979205.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Oh look, another extended déjà vu section of a video where Ruby claims she can't focus if there's "CLOTTAH". She JANUINELY deep-cleans her room AWLLL THE TOIYME and HONNASTLEEEE isn't content to just live in dusty squalor. She proves it by...just lazily wiping her desk with a wet-wipe and flicking bits of dirt behind her desk.

Untitle567890798768ry45y56686877987978878998d - Copy.png

The furrow-browed caveman look of bewilderment as Ruby tries in vain to understand how a "HYOOVAH" works definitely shows that she cleans thoroughly and often. JANUINELY (squint). At no point does she consider changing her sheets.

Untitle567890798768ry45y5668679879877987978878998d - Copy (2).png

She shoves some stray junk into her leather bag - SYO VEGAN! - but not before planning her day in her defunct planner which she ALWHEYS YEEZES, OFFCWOARSE. Someone remind her about the half-yearly "yearly" planner which she seems to have forgotten about.

When she's done pretending to be a diligently clean and organised person, she starts regurgitating more bits of lecture handouts at random, in a vain attempt to seem incredibly bright. It might prove more effective if she weren't seemingly just snatching stray thoughts from every third paragraph of someone else's summary of something, with no context inbetween and no signs that she understands any of what she's read. Meanwhile she's shouting so much about THE WAAHRMING that it's no wonder her dog's having a panic attack.

The desperate need to appear busy, organised and intelligent feels especially forced; there's no way she's feeling remotely confident about going back to uni. She's left the reading until the last minute once again and doesn't appear to understand what little she's done. To add insult to injury, she concludes that a play she was assigned can't possibly be "HYEEGELY REVEEHRED" simply because she's never heard of it herself, like she's the arbiter of taste and knowledge and not just a barely-literate Tory dimwit.

Meanwhile, her fake accent is all over the place, peppered with spontaneous lisping and insufferable clicking, clucking and lip-smacking.

Untitle567890798768ry45y56686798644576786986756867798546454479788746458998d - Copy.png

Ruby goes on a manic 30 second "ron" in her back yard.

Untitle567890798768ry45y56686798644576786986756867798546454479754588746458998d - Copy.png

Suddenly her neighbour's back yard is on fire. Check the crime scene for Oxford-branded candles and planners from 2022 used as kindling; Ruby had motive and opportunity.

Untitle567890798768ry45y56686798798779854647978878998d - Copy.png

Like 12 outfit changes later, Ruby must've realised it had been a while since she advertised anything dishonestly, so she crams in an undeclared ad for some gifted RAMMADEEE KYOMBYOOOOCHAAAAAAHHH.

And as with every video where she pretends to regularly "DECLOTTAH" her living space, she says she needed to spend an hour and a half organising and clearing her download folder. She paints this as being organised, but as with all things, Ruby's still never learned to simply organise things as she goes to efficiently use her time instead of wasting hours doing it after she's made a mess. But if she did that, she wouldn't have extra busywork to pad a video with.

Untitle567890798768ry45y56686798798675779854647978878998d - Copy.png

Speaking of time-wasting, she decides to create a vision board devoted to her fake interests, with quotes from books she hasn't read and pictures from things she hasn't watched. Then she announces that she's started to read "Croyme and Ponnishment by Dostorr Yothski".

Untitle567890798768ry45y566867986445798675779854647978878998d - Copy.png

Ruby's in the middle of praising "MOGGUT CAVENDISH" and regurgitating summaries she read online when she claims that her parents asked her for help with a crossword, which is a bit like hand-selecting the most immobile pensioners you can find at the old folk's home when recruiting for your gymnastics team. Naturally, Ruby and her lone brain cell don't understand the assignment, so she just plays a game of Hangman with herself and loses.

Untitle567890798768ry45y566867986445798675779854645447978878998d - Copy.png

She apparently thought her hairline wasn't receding enough through malnutrition, so decides to do "sommthing diffrent" with her hair. She sloppily rolls it in a curler, leaves it for an hour and then gives up on whatever she was trying.

Untitle567890798768ry45y566867986445798675686779854645447978878998d - Copy.png

Ruby and her mummy dress up like Tory cartoons for a trip to London. Mummy Bones is in the middle of telling the audience what she got for lunch when Ruby loudly interrupts her to tell everyone at a mile-a-minute pace what she got, because THIS IS MOIY SPOTLOIGHT MUMMY AND YEU CAN'T BAAHHSK IN THE GLYOW OF IT!

They got to the Chanel exhibit, and in a further attempt to seem smart, Ruby just starts robotically parroting the information she read on the exhibit pamphlet.

Along with the required reading, she's also left packing until the last minute. After some mournful music, it's time for Ruby to get ready to give her parents some peace and quiet and leave for at least a day before she runs home again. Ruby says she was incredibly organised when she first packed for Oxford, but doesn't feel as organised this time. This is the same Ruby who rattled off a long list of all the tit she forgot to take to Oxford the first time, but her memory's destroyed on account of all the lies and malnutrition, so she forgot about that.

But long story short, she's JANUINELY ACKSOYTED TYOO BEE GYOWING TYEUUU AWKSFUD, AVVERYONE and HONNASTLEEEE isn't completely out of her depth and putting off the move back and clinging to mummy for as long as she can, OIY PROMMISE YEUU THAT. (Squints.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm just at the beginning of the video and the juxtaposition between her voice when she talks about journaling and later voiceover is huge. It's like she de-aged 10 years and sounds like a bubbly teenager again!
That was a proper jump scare!
Also I watched Saltburn this evening, I wonder if Ruby's seen this sensitive new portrayal of her beloved Awksfud....?

• Haha
Take a shot every time she says "genuinely", as she fails to convince us that she actually cares about anything.

Looks like Mamma Granger has her own room. Right next to Ruby. Nothing like a good marriage when you are closer to your daughter than the husband you still live with.

The hair curler, the beret, the faux Chanel look. Spare us your shabby attempts at looking posh. New money. I'll leave it at that.

Lola always trying to get as far away from Ruby as possible. I feel ya, puppers.

"I brought back all my clothes. I brought back my stationary too." You also brought back everything else, like your PC and filthy habits. Was she expecting not to return? Seems very odd.

The filthy kitchen. I mean, come on. 30 minutes of scrubbing that place down would do wonders. Does this entire family just not have the slightest idea how to clean?

Watching the woods smoking. Pollution. Then watching the the plane go over, leaving behind....pollution. How wholesome.

Was it me or did I miss something. I don't recall her ever saying she was excited to go back to Oxford. I mean, wasn't this her lifelong dream? Now that she has had a taste of it, she wishes she never did? Waiting to the last moment to pack and do some study work? Where is the passion?

Reactions: 13
This. I was so surprised.

I can’t help but feel as though one of the reasons she’s always so so cold is because the Bones Mansion doesn’t have double glazing. The amount she films her filthy window just shows off the fact that in reality one of the most eco-friendly things her family could do would be to install double glazing and carpets so their heating bill goes down. Wouldn’t have to sit on the dirty floor in front of the aga then!

Her hair always looks like a nest when it’s up. Especially in those elevator photos.
I think she's just not very good at taming her nest hair. I suspect no one ever properly taught her. It's either in a low ponytail, a scrunchy bun (if it can even be called that, it looks like a sloppy mess when it's like that), or down. She doesn't know how to style her hair properly, that's probably why she doesn't cut it. That and being ACTOOLY TWALVE YEARS AHLD. It's a shame actually, her hair is very pretty and long, just not taken care of (see: the way she brushes it and how frail it always looks as well). I guess being blessed with nice, long hair means nothing to her. That or she can't figure out how to grip a curling rod or straightener with her weird motor skills. Any guesses are on the table I suppose.
---
Watching the woods smoking. Pollution. Then watching the the plane go over, leaving behind....pollution. How wholesome.
I'm a bit confused about this statement. "Pollution, pollution." What do you expect to be different, really? I know it's not entirely wholesome but it's just content she happened to film, it's stuff that occurs everyday in real life. Ruby herself wasn't the one who lit the garden (although she's a bit dim and filmed it, she probably thought it looked ASTHATIK) and controlled burning is necessary to avoid wildfires, especially in the countryside with dead branches and trees. A lot of people like watching planes go overhead, and I know Ruby isn't amazing about being environmentally friendly given how many trips she goes on, but she probably just wanted to show a pretty plane flying by. Bit odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.