Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am no ruby expert but she recently did a tiktok where she said Glossier is the only brand she buys makeup from - I stg she has 100% bought/worn makeup from elsewhere in the past? Strange thing to lie about if true

Reactions: 7
I am no ruby expert but she recently did a tiktok where she said Glossier is the only brand she buys makeup from - I stg she has 100% bought/worn makeup from elsewhere in the past? Strange thing to lie about if true
Uh, like literally in her latest video, I think. Not sure if she bought that too faced pallette for herself, but she has like NYX makeup stuff as well.

Reactions: 5
It's definitely not the only brand she buys from. She was shilling "The Ordinary" facial serum for a while (99% sure that was gifted and undeclared) and always mentions "SON BOM FACTAH FIFTEE ASSPEEAFF FACE CREAMM" as being her go-to face cream in most of her makeup routines.

But Glossier is one of the major brands that she goes through periods of aggressively trying to get a sponsorship deal with by shilling their products non-stop, along with Waterstones/Daunt Books. I seem to recall she even staged an unexpected delivery from Glossier during a vlog once, so she could shoehorn in a sponsor-begging haul segment into an unrelated video.

She's a perpetually dishonest people-pleaser when it comes to sponsors/potential sponsors, so I imagine that's why she's pulling out the "IT'S MOIY MYOST FAVOURAT [BLANK] AND OIY JANUINELY YEEZE IT AVVERY DYAY!" lies and tagging Glossier in it - she always bullshits about things being her favourite or the only brand she uses when it's either gifted (and undeclared) or she desperately wants a sponsorship.

Speaking of lies:

Untitle56789079876876897897908797646#6766657757768ry6980899798977945656686877987978878998d - C...png

"I'm going to do my research x" 😂😂😂

Ruby, you can just say, "I'm not vegan, but thanks for the heads up!" That's an option.

For her to still try to pretend to be vegan when she's splashing on Chanel No. 5, wearing leather Docs, buying leather handbags and wool clothes while snacking on non-vegan food is beyond stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
View attachment 2684016

That dead-eyed grimace totally sells how JANUINELY ACKSOITED SHE IS tyoo beee reetaahrning tyooo AWKSFWUD.

View attachment 2684027
I don't understand why she has decided to leave it until the last minute to go back to Oxford, if it was me I would have gone back the week before so that I could fully prepare for any exams or work that I had as I would be more distracted at home whereas at Uni I could fully concentrate. By leaving it until the last minute to go back to Oxford it just confirms to me that she doesn't want to go back and in her Insta story where she posted a video of herself doing some morning planning it was noticeable to see how unhappy she was.

Reactions: 15
She honestly looks horrible these days. Tired, gaunt, receding hairline, glasses so big she looks like she has frog eyeballs, and dry, frazzled hair. I won't even mention the continual nightmare known as her nails. If this is how she looks when she is "genuinely happy", living our her dream of attending Oxford, I would hate to see her in the depths of despair. We never got a "What I read in 2023" video or a "packing to return to Oxford" video. If she starts posting things like that now, she is already behind schedule again. She should just abandon her channels altogether. They are pure dribble these days.

Reactions: 24
I think she gets most of her other stuff gifted from her company / her family. She wears the Ordinary hyaluronic acid but who literally doesn’t these days. She seems more to be into skincare than makeup, but she seems to lean towards more ‘clean’ makeup brands like Glossier. You’d think she’d be interested in Korean skincare or Korean makeup due to that, but she isn’t into anything ‘too foreign’ so it makes sense why she’s so obsessed with Glossier.

Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20240112_212814_Chrome.jpg

I don’t know what's funnier:

The gormless expression
Her insistence on always looking at her phone screen when taking a mirror selfie.
Her wearing leather shoes while another pair of leather shoes appears to be peeking out of her tote bag (SYO VEEGAN).
Her desperately clutching the old, defunct PONKERPODTIFTEE PLANNAH she never uses rather than advertise the new one she launched and then forgot all about.
Her using the Daunt Books tote bag instead of the PONKINPODDTUFTEEE one she launched and then forgot all about.
The boarding school luggage.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
View attachment 2685522

The gormless expression
Her insistence on always looking at her phone screen when taking a mirror selfie.
Her wearing leather shoes while another pair of leather shoes appears to be peeking out of her tote bag (SYO VEEGAN).
Her desperately clutching the old, defunct PONKERPODTIFTEE PLANNAH she never uses rather than advertise the new one she launched and then forgot all about.
Her using the Daunt Books tote bag instead of the PONKINPODDTUFTEEE one she launched and then forgot all about.
Or the fact that the inside of a lift could not be LESS quintissentially Oxford if it tried, and is a fecking weird photographic hill to have chosen to die on

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 2685522

The gormless expression
Silly, gossip_guy. She can't use the poompkin baggy. It's so delicate and precious that it would literally disintegrate if one was to place anything more heavier than a singular fancy, overpriced fountain pen in.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Her hair always looks like a nest when it’s up. Especially in those elevator photos.

Reactions: 2
I wish that I could justify spending that much money on granolda, especially when I feel as if I'm being a bit flush when I buy Crunchy Nut when it is on offer for £2.50 at Morrisons even with my staff discount! It is always facinating to see how the other half live.

I did a bit of research, and of course, the granola sold in Selfridges and Jarrolds department stores! I love how Ruby acts like she is skint and can't justify spending £20 on a book or acts like it is expensive and she is buying grandola that is over £6! I do wonder if she is trying to get a sponsership soon from them!

Reactions: 16
here's an idea for your next video ruby, "I taste test Aldi Food"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2685522

The gormless expression
for me it's the suitcase. this sthing ... I have no words.
I wonder where her iMac is. I hope it's not in the suitcase.

Reactions: 3
for me it's the suitcase. this sthing ... I have no words.
I wonder where her iMac is. I hope it's not in the suitcase.
I imagine mummy and daddy brought her back and helped carry her stuff to her room. Then she brought this case and bag up herself in the lift and took an awkward, staged photo to make herself look VARRY INDEPANDANT.

Reactions: 22
Preparing for AXEFUD (also London) with mum, woop! Someone let me know how it is, I’m in the middle of watching a video of someone making lardy cakes and it obviously takes priority 🐷

IMG_2657.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.