Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Untitled85656678989086575589088686796756867879898 - Copy.png

Untitled5675675677879898 - Copy - Copy.jpeg

"but i might
suppose be good
mere in
things even if we don't see it" - Sara Crewe.

Untitled5675675677857579898 - Copy.png

Untitled567567567756747857579898 - Copy.png

Untitled56756756775674456457857579898 - Copy.png

The PUNKY BREAD-ACTIVITY Insta is a completely hilarious mess since Martha took over.

There's only been two varieties of content: Gloomy image of nature or Ruby morosely glaring at her laptop screen, with a generic, Googled motivational quote scribbled on top, or a reposted story from someone else.

The vast majority of the brand's social media neglects to advertise the brand or its product/s - great marketing! There still hasn't been a proper flickthrough of that new distastrous half-yearly "yearly"/"AVVERYDAY" planner to show people what they're supposed to be paying for or clear up the false advertising.

I can't tell if Martha's mastered the art of Ruby parody and imitating her terrible social media posts, if she's following Ruby's crappy, clichéd content prompts to the letter and this is the result, or both of them are just completely devoid of imagination or talent in similar ways.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
"Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go"
Truly powerful words

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Are we allowed to discuss money? How much do we think she makes from YT and sponsorship deals?

There are a bunch of YouTubers I follow who basically just sit at home, drink tea and talk to the camera (The Cottage Fairy and Morgan Long) or show off some craft they’re great at (Kate from the Last Homely House). Ain’t no shame in that in my humble opinion. If you can live off what makes you happy, more power to you.

I don’t understand why Ruby doesn’t move into the cottage she bought (still close to her parents) and just do that. I suppose my point is that Ruby seems to strive for things that she probably feels she must achieve but she just looks so miserable in her current endeavor. Her degree is probably harder than she expected and she’s still doing her YT activities at the side. Something’s got to give!
Nowhere near as much as she made 5 years ago when she brought the cottage. On a good video, she is pulling in a qaurter of the views she was getting on a bad video in 2020. Most of her subs are dead accounts these days, obvious by the low view count on her videos and the lack of engagement she should be getting on tiktok and Instagram for an account of her size. She literally can't give away her planners. And most of her ads aren't paid, she does them in exchange for free products/experiences/ subscriptions, with the slim chance of commission if she can swindle her viewers into buying into whatever nonsense she is hawking and use her code while doing it. Which she can't. I don't remember the last time she did an actual for-money, paid promotion.

Reactions: 10
Nowhere near as much as she made 5 years ago when she brought the cottage. On a good video, she is pulling in a qaurter of the views she was getting on a bad video in 2020. Most of her subs are dead accounts these days, obvious by the low view count on her videos and the lack of engagement she should be getting on tiktok and Instagram for an account of her size. She literally can't give away her planners. And most of her ads aren't paid, she does them in exchange for free products/experiences/ subscriptions, with the slim chance of commission if she can swindle her viewers into buying into whatever nonsense she is hawking and use her code while doing it. Which she can't. I don't remember the last time she did an actual for-money, paid promotion.
I wasn't really following ruby at the time she bought the cottage, does anyone have any pictures of it?

With her only having classes on Thursday and Fridays, there is no way she isn't running straight back to the manor Saturday through Wednesday.

Hence why she never 'remembers' to film week day vlogs.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Y'all, I know nothing about accounting and financial statements but if you look at Ruby's media company's financial statement for the tax year ending March 2023 (this is published on gov.uk), her "retained earnings" for that year are *drum roll* ... almost £300.000 !! And that is up more than £100.000 from the previous year's retained earnings!! What the **** 😵

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I wasn't really following ruby at the time she bought the cottage, does anyone have any pictures of it?
I swear I watched a house tour a few years ago but it might have been one of the videos she deleted. The video where she announces that she's bought the cottage is linked in the wiki, maybe the other video has been uploaded on the same website?

Reactions: 5
She's paid by the main sponsor of every 'AD' video, she's just never properly transparent about it and muddies the waters with all the undeclared ads for gifted crap she tosses in alongside.

If she says something's "KOINDLEE SPONSORED BOIY" a company, she got paid in cash for it. It's the only reason she begrudgingly puts the barely-visible 'AD' in the thumbnail of those videos, to meet what she thinks is the bare minimum ASA requirement for paid ads.

She'll definitely be making substantially less now than a few years ago though. It's why she's going all in on sponsored 'AD' videos - they're the only way she gets a decent payday out of the influencer thing, since her YouTube AdSense payments will be a tiny fraction of what they used to be.

Reactions: 12
I swear I watched a house tour a few years ago but it might have been one of the videos she deleted.
I remember there being a vlog where she allegedly spent the night there before tenants moved in. This seems to have been deleted also. Thinking about it though she probably just went there for 5 mins and then ran back home 🧐

Reactions: 7
Woah, I just watched the house announcement video that’s linked in the Wiki. She keeps talking about how she can’t be alone in a house. I never knew that was a real issue for her but it totally explains why she’s hasn’t moved into her cottage.

Reactions: 6
I can't tell if Martha's mastered the art of Ruby parody and imitating her terrible social media posts, if she's following Ruby's crappy, clichéd content prompts to the letter and this is the result, or both of them are just completely devoid of imagination or talent in similar ways.
Or Martha's just bored witless.
---
Y'all, I know nothing about accounting and financial statements but if you look at Ruby's media company's financial statement for the tax year ending March 2023 (this is published on gov.uk), her "retained earnings" for that year are *drum roll* ... almost £300.000 !! And that is up more than £100.000 from the previous year's retained earnings!! What the **** 😵
Seriously? How is that possible? 😵
---
I think she has to be more private about the cottage now that it's (presumably) being rented out.
---
"Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go"
Truly powerful words
Don't forget:
every act creates a
pipple
with no logical end.

Ffs I hate it when the pipple has no logical end. The worst kind of pipple.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We never did get her thoughts on Mary Sidney Harrrbahrt. I’m not upset, just mildly disappointed.

Reactions: 4
Or Martha's just bored witless.
---

Seriously? How is that possible? 😵
---

I think she has to be more private about the cottage now that it's (presumably) being rented out.
---

Don't forget:
every act creates a
pipple
with no logical end.

Ffs I hate it when the pipple has no logical end. The worst kind of pipple.
Coming soon from Pipple Productivity: 'The Planner With No Logical End'*

(*Disclaimer: 'The Planner with No Logical End' has an end and is only 14 pages long. RRP £57.98)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Coming soon from Pipple Productivity: 'The Planner With No Logical End'*

(*Disclaimer: 'The Planner with No Logical End' has an end and is only 14 pages long. RRP £57.98)
**NB the end is mid-way through a sentence. You can purchase the rest of the sentence as an add-on at purchase. We will aim so ship this within 18 months of the original release. Price tbd.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
1000056195.jpg

The sheer number of people trying to win one of these crappy planners is incredible.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2785568

The sheer number of people trying to win one of these crappy planners is incredible.
People on insta and facebook would enter to win a freshly squeezed turd from Satan's asshole. It's the modern equvilant of the shopping channel.

A certain subgroup of people just like free stuff. It doesn't matter what the free stuff is, they just want it.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ruby is most definitely a millionaire on her own already, and I think it's highly possible that she is already a multimillionaire. I think that some people underestimate how much money these youtubers make with sponsorships.

Do any of you remeber Ingrid Nilsen? Towards the end of her YouTube career, most of her followers were dead, her views were even lower than Ruby's, and she still made 500k USD per year easily. She talked about it in a podcast before retiring completely from social media.

Ruby is loaded!

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.