Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am very surprised they chose her to gift stuff to. She's not known for being a french history buff, or a film buff. It's a completely irrelevant product to her.

They had a far better guerilla marketing campaign with the "there is nothing we can do" meme that was going around late last year. Perhaps they're hoping there is some overlap between her audience and people who were taken in by that meme to remind them to go see it?
The PR company won't care too much about the influencer suiting the brand, they just want as many eyes on the product as possible for the lowest cost. Her managers also don't care, they just want as many companies and PR/marketing firms funnelling cash and opportunities through them as possible, regardless of how poorly it fits the brand. It's why they have Ruby and Jack Edwards - two people who say they never watch movies or TV - advertising Netflix all the time.

If Ruby had any sense, she'd say, "No thanks, this doesn't suit the brand I've created. I have enough trouble trying not to look fake as it is without endorsing things I've never heard of." But she just says yes to everything because she's greedy and has the mistaken belief that if she gives every free/sponsored product a glowing endorsement and it's always her "favourite", that'll make the PR rep happy and they'll give her more stuff and more cash. She still doesn't seem to have figured out that she won’t get any more cash for doing that and all it does is make her look even more like a phony shill.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I'd suggest a drinking game where people drink whenever Ruby desperately shoehorns the word "vegan" before any food or object she mentions, but I don't want that much death on my conscience.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Vegan haggis isn't that shocking either! My mum has it every Burns Night. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I'd suggest a drinking game where people drink whenever Ruby desperately shoehorns the word "vegan" before any food or object she mentions, but I don't want that much death on my conscience.
It sends shivers down my spine every time I read it! She can’t just say ‘scone and jam’, it has to be ‘VEEEEGAN scone and jam’. Rubes, no one cares what you’re eating and no one cares what it’s made with, just nourish yourself ffs.

Reactions: 19
Or vegan "of course "
Well no, not of course. Also making sweeping statements like "it's SO easy to be vegan"

Reactions: 17
Wouldn't be surprised to see her eat a "vegan apple" or "vegan carrot sticks" next

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Given how much she lies about everything in general, going forward I’m just going to assume whenever she makes a point of saying something is VEEGAN, it’s very much not.

• Haha
We need a French revolution core or a Napoléon core look now... Why not " A day in the life of a Napoléon's soldier"? Or "I ate like a Bastille prisonner for a week" ?
She already does that last one on the daily, based on the meals we’ve seen her post.

• Haha
At least you can see the ”AD” pretty clearly for a change 🙄 Is it NordVPN? Is it Burden Bland? Is it a sus vitamin supplement? Is it the state of I$rael? Who the duck knows, the only thing you can count on is that if there’s cash to be had, Rootabaga will endorse absolutely anything and everything!

IMG_7339.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
lol She is working on some Ass-ays. Girl. No wonder you are having a bad mental health day.

But! In spite of her gut problems she is going to down numerous fatty donuts and drink coffee, eat out and make clips of very fake and forced laughing. If you are having a great time, you are in the moment. You don't have to advertise it and film it. Another AD. What else is new? I just skip over them. Couldn't even tell you what it was about. Other than that, boring. She still hasn't talked about last semester's grades or how she feels about attending Oxford in general. When things bring her down, like the prospect of having to do a presentation to her peers which will probably have the same horrific results as her debate, she watches old videos of her own, trying to find her glory days. There aren't any, Ruby. Stop being so delusional. The posing in the lifts are just so juvenile and cringe. Fake poses, fake smiles, then a sudden drop of a smile, a pouty face, body checking. Good grief.

I CAN'T with the way she's brushhing her hair. She's just pulling on the whole length of her hair will all the tangled up mess just getting scratched. Even the sounds is horrible, I don't know how her head is not hurting after that? Maybe this is what is another factor to her hair loss? Such rash treatment of hair cannot be healthy for it, which is such a shame since it is obvious that Ruby can have long and full hair. She's wasting the opportunity by treating her hair so badly.

I'm interested in hearing her talk about these Cathecism books she's supposed to be doing a paper or presentation (not sure which) on, but I highly doubt she'll give any of her thoughts on them.

The company that she's got for the AD she keeps saying wrong. It's a .com, not a .io. She has no idea what she's doing. Adding in that she didn't make it clear that the donuts were gifted at all. What a shock!

It's a good thing she's not sharing her donuts with anyone as she takes a bit from one, puts it back, and takes a bite from another. It's scary watching her brush her hair. She's so rough on her poor hair :( I freak out if my hair tangles and it's tons shorter than hers. The noise as she brushes her hair is unsettling.

One thing I've noticed in multiple videos now she'll say "I'll leave a link in the box" and there's never a link. So what was the point?

She isn't good with presentations. The constant looking down at your notes. The girl needs to work on recording herself more which is hilarious to say. I wonder if her professor consented to being recorded and posted in some video on a random girl's YouTube channel? I wonder if she's even permitted to record/take photos from those events.

Reactions: 16
oh hey we have a glimmer of hope re. Ruby learning to actually pronounce a word (any word really) correctly! if this ever happens, let it be known that I am hereby fully in favour of listening dot org or whatever

IMG_2688.jpeg

Reactions: 6
A bug-bear of mine: when influencers eat a bite of a donut and then put the saliva-sodden donut back in the box with the other donuts. Put it on a plate or better yet, eat the damn thing!

It’s clear Ruby probably won’t eat them.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
"Thank you Listening.com for sponsoring today's vide."
I want to buy an "o".

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.