Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, what a week to have just discovered this girl! And I thought Holly was blind to privilege... I hate how when she talks about privilege she skirts around financial privilege. It’s always “I’m so privileged to have such a supportive family”....

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ruby Granger #5: Winter Chills, Collar Frills, and Dusty Windowsills

Ruby Granger #5: Snowy Hills, Dollar Bills, and a Plethora of “Skills”

Ruby Granger #5: Another Cringey Pose and More Reciting Prose

Ruby Granger #5: Dancing in the Snow and Putting on a Show

Moving on from thread name ideas, in regards to how Ruby will respond (whenever she decides to), that does seem likely. I really hope she doesn’t do that, though; she’s an adult and should be able to take responsibility for what she has done. Rather than creating an Instagram post about how her mental health has been negatively impacted by the backlash, and only listening to her adoring fans who will do nothing but praise her and tell her good things, I hope that she takes the time to step back, reflect on what she’s done, and really focus on how her actions have impacted others. People aren’t saying that what she did was insensitive for no reason. Instead of hiding behind how her feelings are incredibly hurt or using it as a shield or excuse (not that anyone’s emotions should be invalidated), I hope she puts herself in other people’s shoes, takes accountability, and tries to do better in the future.

Reactions: 14
Ruby Granger #5: Winter Chills, Collar Frills, and Dusty Windowsills

Ruby Granger #5: Snowy Hills, Dollar Bills, and a Plethora of “Skills”

Ruby Granger #5: Another Cringey Pose and More Reciting Prose

Ruby Granger #5: Dancing in the Snow and Putting on a Show
make sure to add new thread suggestion at the top of the message so it can be considered!

Reactions: 1
"On my besdside table I keep all my night time essentials, such as pillow mist, hand cream and fountain pens..."

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Ruby's room is mostly pretty because of the beams, rafters and window....aka nothing to do with her decorating skills, which are fairly bland and boring. I also find it quite insensitive that she is doing an online university room tour when she's already done one and when so many people - especially university students - are living in less than ideal conditions right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Can you imagine having a child's drawing on your door at 20 years old?
Ruby's drawings are terrible, which is okay, like, people are allowed to draw for fun and not be good at it.
But I don't think people who do that hang their awful drawings around their bedroom or on their door for decoration. I did that when I was 8 or 9.

Reactions: 18
I imagine that Ruby will do an Instagram post in the next couple of days talking about how badly her mental health has been affected by the backlash, and her fans will lavish her with praise about how caring she is, how it's awful that she was bullied for trying to help remember the Holocaust, etc etc 🙄
i.e. she will pull an unjaded jade

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel like I've seen way too many tours of Ruby's various rooms. I don't need to know where you keep each individual category of clothes.

Reactions: 14
There's no chapter 10 in the book, so we're ploughing ahead.

After making a volcano model together and being one of her only friends, Erimnetha decides to avoid Simone for the whole week, and hangs out with a new person, Melody.

There's a girl in Year 5 hanging out in a quiet room and Erimentha notes how short she is compared with Nathan.

Erimentha presents her extra work on hurricanes. Afterwards, Kimberly taps her on the forearm and Erimentha notices her fingers are cold - she assumes this is because of poor circulation due to lack of exercise. Girl, who asked you?!

The other girls start throwing stuff, she goes to the bathroom, drinks some water wondering how much water it would take to kill a person and that she'll look it up [Ed: I can't make this funny, sorry]

Miss Soloman leaves the room and someone has sabotaged Erimentha's fountain pen, ink everywhere, much mess. Kimberly's eyes are pale and cold again, maybe this is how she shapeshifts. Miss Soloman returns, asks what has happened, she has bought an orange with her (is this supposed to be a visual warning, the same way Francis Ford Coppola did in the Godfather series?). Miss Soloman tells Erimentha to clean it up, Erimentha cries.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Which room tour is this, number 17? I could understand doing a new one if she'd redesigned her room, or had a brand new studying setup, but it's the same as it's always been.

Reactions: 21
Can you imagine having a child's drawing on your door at 20 years old?
Ruby's drawings are terrible, which is okay, like, people are allowed to draw for fun and not be good at it.
But I don't think people who do that hang their awful drawings around their bedroom or on their door for decoration. I did that when I was 8 or 9.
I totally agree. Why didn't she just print out a photo of door knocker and stick it there?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Aaaand she's back with some questionable 'vintage' fashion and no acknowledgment of what went on before...

I like the first dress, and the cat skirt, but the collar and shorts should be BURNT

Reactions: 2
The thing is I have no problem with adults enjoying childish things on occasion as long as they're not hurting anyone or trying to dominate kids interests, but Ruby just feels weird when it comes to her interests. Like does she have any actual adult interests? I'm not saying to be an adult you need to read the Financial Times, drink black coffee and only talk about sex or anything, but it just feels like Ruby has no 'adult' interests at all, everything she likes is that of a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The thing is I have no problem with adults enjoying childish things on occasion as long as they're not hurting anyone or trying to dominate kids interests, but Ruby just feels weird when it comes to her interests. Like does she have any actual adult interests? I'm not saying to be an adult you need to read the Financial Times, drink black coffee and only talk about sex or anything, but it just feels like Ruby has no 'adult' interests at all, everything she likes is that of a child.
I often wonder what she would be like to spend time with. She seems to have very little understanding of everyday life, and is in her own little bubble. I honestly think I’d have a hard time even having a conversation with

It makes me think of that video of Eve, Jade and Ruby getting ready to go to an event, and Ruby’s presence just feels awkward. It’s as if she’s a younger sibling who is just tagging along

Reactions: 25
Aaaand she's back with some questionable 'vintage' fashion and no acknowledgment of what went on before...

I like the first dress, and the cat skirt, but the collar and shorts should be BURNT
Did she remove it? It says that the post doesn't exist. Or maybe the link is broken?

Edit: Nevermind, the link to the comments works

I love the first dress, that's something I would actually wear myself. Everything else looks awful. The shorts could be decent on their own but with that shirt and tights underneath they look terrible.
I also think her hair is too long. She has really pretty hair but it kinda looks shabby like that.

Reactions: 1
To be fair, I think most of her outfits in that video are quite nice (apart form the DIY collar, sorry but no), bur she just styles them so weirdly. That second dress looks very summer-y and light, why on earth did she style it with thick black tights?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.