Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder when she will start making videos like this "English heritage" channel on YoutUbe. They have a series called "the Victorian way". Video titles are "Making soup for the poor" and the actors are dressed Victorian.
I really could imagine her in there...
Mrs. Crocombe would not put up with any of Ruby's nonsense. She'd chew her out in a heartbeat.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Mrs Crocombe is an absolute boss and wouldn't tolerate any tit from Ruby - she'd put her to work with the other scullery maids. (I live for that series, she really brings the subject to life)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The comments 😂 Ruby is a ‘Victorian ghost’ and the book is ‘like the ramblings of an Alan Partridge/Jacob Rees-Mogg love child, but somehow worse?’ 😂
I’m more curious about the comment about her being a landlord for the cottage she bought... Is this true I wonder...

Reactions: 2
I’m more curious about the comment about her being a landlord for the cottage she bought... Is this true I wonder...
Yeah. She uploaded a video about it and deleted it after backlash.
'A few months ago Ruby Granger announced that she would be buying a house - apparently she could afford a mortgage at the age of 18/19 based on the money she earned from YouTube alone (she claimed to have had no financial support from her parents). The video has since been been removed, and no further mention has been made about her venture into real estate. Whether she actually bought the house or not, her desire to jump on the property ladder as soon as possible is the natural end point of her ideology. Viewer, if you also study 15 hours a day, exclusively wear Victorian-era clothing and wash your face every morning in an ornate basin, you too can own a cottage in the countryside before you hit your twenties.'

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is the funniest thread on this site, the chapter reviews have me rolling

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Mrs Crocombe is an absolute boss and wouldn't tolerate any tit from Ruby - she'd put her to work with the other scullery maids. (I live for that series, she really brings the subject to life)
We should give her to Mrs Warwick, then sit back and watch the carnage 😬

Reactions: 1
'A few months ago Ruby Granger announced that she would be buying a house - apparently she could afford a mortgage at the age of 18/19 based on the money she earned from YouTube alone (she claimed to have had no financial support from her parents). The video has since been been removed, and no further mention has been made about her venture into real estate. Whether she actually bought the house or not, her desire to jump on the property ladder as soon as possible is the natural end point of her ideology. Viewer, if you also study 15 hours a day, exclusively wear Victorian-era clothing and wash your face every morning in an ornate basin, you too can own a cottage in the countryside before you hit your twenties.'
"There is an element of absurd theatricality to Granger’s work that keeps me wanting more."
I think we can all agree with that sentiment lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 25
That's such a good piece of writing. I wish these girls would give it a read and see themselves through the eyes of someone who isn't a blind admirer or a troll.

Reactions: 5
"There is an element of absurd theatricality to Granger’s work that keeps me wanting more."
I think we can all agree with that sentiment lmao
I’m pretty sure Jack Edwards (and maybe Eve Bennett?) made their opinions on this article very clear, Jack definitely didn’t shut up about it for a while

Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure Jack Edwards (and maybe Eve Bennett?) made their opinions on this article very clear, Jack definitely didn’t shut up about it for a while
I don't think Ruby is smart enough to respond to this. It would force her to think critically for once and we can't have that.

Side note, sometimes I'm randomly reminded that Ruby's real name is not actually Granger and I cringe so hard. It reminds me of those nicknames tween girls used in like 2013 that were like "Katniss Annabeth Malfoy", like throw as many fandom characters as you can in there so people know at a glance where you stand lmao
It's extremely embarrassing that she's still using it as a 21-year-old. And that she's using it on her Linkedin, oh my god. Can you imagine hiring someone still actively using a fictional character's surname as their fake surname?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I don't think Ruby is smart enough to respond to this. It would force her to think critically for once and we can't have that.

Side note, sometimes I'm randomly reminded that Ruby's real name is not actually Granger and I cringe so hard. It reminds me of those nicknames tween girls used in like 2013 that were like "Katniss Annabeth Malfoy", like throw as many fandom characters as you can in there so people know at a glance where you stand lmao
It's extremely embarrassing that she's still using it as a 21-year-old. And that she's using it on her Linkedin, oh my god. Can you imagine hiring someone still actively using a fictional character's surname as their fake surname?
Exactly. If someone was using their middle name as a surname online or something, fair enough, but if I went to hire her and found out that her Linked In has the surname of a fictional character she used to pretend to be, I'd be starting to second guess hiring them.

Reactions: 17
Exactly. If someone was using their middle name as a surname online or something, fair enough, but if I went to hire her and found out that her Linked In has the surname of a fictional character she used to pretend to be, I'd be starting to second guess hiring them.
It’s not as if isn’t hard to find out her real name either. But I suppose that using her real name would be a move away from this child-like character she’s created, and we all know she doesn’t want to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It’s not as if its not hard to find out her real name either. But I suppose that using her real name would be a move away from this child-like character she’s created, and we all know she doesn’t want to do that.
Yeah, I don’t think she has any illusion of true anonymity at this point, so she’s probably holding on to the name because the persona has become her personality. Maybe she’s scared to find out who Ruby Bones has grown up to be in the meantime.

Reactions: 15
Yup. I myself a am musician, and have an artistic name for musical matters. BUT I use my actual surname for my real-life, academic things. And I really wouldn’t want them mixed up.

I'm putting further overviews behind spoilers, that way if Ruby is choosing to read this thread, she can walk on by. These are not intended as a personal attack on Ruby. I used to keep a diary, I once described Ronan Keating as, "incredibly talented." 😨

Erimentha is home and dinner is on the go (pumpkin soup and cornbread, aesthetic!) She's annoyed there's no homework, so writes another list and goes on a walk, I really cannot be bothered to go into the intricacies of these. This chapter is mainly an insight into the toxic family dynamic at play: Golden Child/Black Sheep.

Dinner is ready and Erimentha goes upstairs. Nathan is in his room playing Lego and has almost finished making a police station. That's impressive for a 9 year old, I bet he has made a holding cell for his family.

When he comes down, their mum makes a big show of him coming to the table on time, claps and pulls out the chair for him. In years to come, Nathan will recount his story to a therapist and be encouraged to write the letter to his estranged family that he'll never send.

He slurps his soup, which to Erimentha is as disgusteng as Scottish children not flushing the toilet. Erimentha doesn't tell him off though, she doesn't have the heart and 'he's not this rude when we eat out' - except Erimentha, YOU ARE NOT THE PARENT HERE. In her determination to be precocious, she is actually pretty obnoxious.

The soup is a great-grandmother's recipe, and their mum mentions spending her childhood Christmases in Paris, which is nice if soup can do that for you.

Later, she does some research on Cambodia to torment Mr Aldridge. She mentions that other than the fruit, Cambodian delicacies do not look very appetising. [Ed: Waaaait a minute missy, there is some really nasty snobbery going on here and I'm surprised Ruby didn't cut this out when she re-edited the book.] Amok curries, banana flower salad, Khmer curries etc are delicious, complex and memorable.

She looks up the definition of bullying in multiple books, deciding her bullies will never change, because personal growth does not apply to humans.

She will continue to do her extension projects, "even if it means sneaking them to the teachers in the dead of night". Erimentha forgot to look up the definition of 'stalking'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Later, she does some research on Cambodia to torment Mr Aldridge. She mentions that other than the fruit, Cambodian delicacies do not look very appetising. [Ed: Waaaait a minute missy, there is some really nasty snobbery going on here and I'm surprised Ruby didn't cut this out when she re-edited the book.] Amok curries, banana flower salad, Khmer curries etc are delicious, complex and memorable.
This remark could definitely be interpreted as having racist/imperialist undertones lmao but it's also just a bitchy attitude to have. But the author is somebody whose meal plans are mainly made up of porridge and peanut butter so I guess we know where that comes from.

Reactions: 30
This chapter is mainly an insight into the toxic family dynamic at play: Golden Child/Black Sheep.

Dinner is ready and Erimentha goes upstairs. Nathan is in his room playing Lego and has almost finished making a police station. That's impressive for a 9 year old, I bet he has made a holding cell for his family.

When he comes down, their mum makes a big show of him coming to the table on time, claps and pulls out the chair for him. In years to come, Nathan will recount his story to a therapist and be encouraged to write the letter to his estranged family that he'll never send.

He slurps his soup, which to Erimentha is as disgusteng as Scottish children not flushing the toilet. Erimentha doesn't tell him off though, she doesn't have the heart and 'he's not this rude when we eat out' - except Erimentha, YOU ARE NOT THE PARENT HERE. In her determination to be precocious, she is actually pretty obnoxious.
Poor Martha

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
I know that Ruby wrote this book some years ago, but it's still being sold, which leads me to believe she sees no problem with how her characters are portrayed. And if so, that's very worrying, both when it comes to her future pieces of writing as well as her personal life.

Reactions: 15
I'm putting further overviews behind spoilers, that way if Ruby is choosing to read this thread, she can walk on by. These are not intended as a personal attack on Ruby. I used to keep a diary, I once described Ronan Keating as, "incredibly talented." 😨

Erimentha is home and dinner is on the go (pumpkin soup and cornbread, aesthetic!) She's annoyed there's no homework, so writes another list and goes on a walk, I really cannot be bothered to go into the intricacies of these. This chapter is mainly an insight into the toxic family dynamic at play: Golden Child/Black Sheep.

The soup is a great-grandmother's recipe, and their mum mentions spending her childhood Christmases in Paris, which is nice if soup can do that for you.

She looks up the definition of bullying in multiple books, deciding her bullies will never change, because personal growth does not apply to humans.

She will continue to do her extension projects, "even if it means sneaking them to the teachers in the dead of night". Erimentha forgot to look up the definition of 'stalking'.
I am actually living for these thankyou so much 🤣

Reactions: 11
She posted another monologue on her ig, monotonously reciting in snow. She's not wearing a jacket nor hat and her face is all red. She's gonna get sick but #aesthetics.
Honestly every monologue of her sounds exactly the same.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.