Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic but I can’t be the only person hoping she watches bridgerton for the aesthetic only to get to episode 6 🤭
I feel like she would only make it through the first few minutes of the first episode and then Anthony's ass would show up on her TV and she'd turn it off :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
I admit I don't really understand the thought process that she must have before and while running and jumping around.
"Okay, let me just set my pho- yup, that's about right! Hit record anddddd off I go, being grateful and feeling blessed with nature and how much this weather reminds me of books I've yet to reread this year!! Now hold your horses Ruby, don't want your dad thinking you've ran off to a library or a Miss Patina store. Yup, I now feel grateful for the little things - of course I do, I made a video out of it!"
Honestly I was excited to see the snow this morning. And I did go out for a walk because it is exciting and I love snow. Did I frolic? No. Did I film myself frolicking? Again, no. And why not, I hear you ask? Because I am a grown woman and frolicking in the snow would make me look a right tit. I just don't get it. I find it really hard with her because her videos are meant to be really wholesome and carefree and innocent and lovely, and this is her entire brand. But I also live in a part of the UK that is on at least its third round of flooding within a year, have just finished round 4 of self-isolation, and I am at work with 2 other colleagues down from our usual 8 because so many have caught covid. So it is really hard to see her videos for what they are at the moment, and not just completely tone deaf and quite frankly a bit odd. And I know, compared to others, my situation is really fine. But if I am seeing her videos as tone-deaf and not "reading the room" how must other people who are really struggling feel about it? And it's hard because this wholesome, innocent thing is her entire brand, so we can't really expect her to go totally off-brand and do something else...bit of a catch 22 I suppose!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Bending them inwards like little kids do or when people are nervous 😂 another child like thing
I think it’s important to remember how curated her content is (even insta stories like this!) she’ll have taken that photo numerous times and looked it over before posting. I think we all do this to an extent so I think it’s entirely premeditated- she wants to look like a sweet 😇🥺 child.

For her Erimentha image, it reminded me of Mary from The Secret Garden and how she is presented, especially at the beginning (rude, selfish and generally ignorant) and Mary is ten! (Side note: has Ruby spoken about reading that book? Would be interesting to know. Seems on brand for her)

Not saying Ruby herself is these things but Erimentha seems to be! Ruby seems obsessed with that upper middle class child vibe.

Reactions: 13
Her new video it was a treat drinking tea in bed.
I must be a princess as I often have a coffee in bed in the morning whilst I wait for the heating to kick in

• Haha
Reactions: 19
from her ig story, what is she doing with her feet
Ah yes, what I used to do with my feet as (absolutely not on purpose) and ended up with knee damage because of it! Yes, it is definitely worth doing for looking like a child.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh wow. Yet ANOTHER routine video. Totally not surprised by how much her mother is involved. I don't understand her fascination with reenacting this reality via an overproduced video. And about her plans of a "working class victorian morning routine", I'm sorry Ruby but, I don't think I'd ever take that seriously coming from someone that jumps from cottagecore to dark academia like they're two different flavors of the same ice cream.

This frustrates me because she, supposedly, does all this reading about these topics and yet all that she manages to do with what she learns are these half assed videos. She could genuinely do more informative videos that prioritize content over visuals that are approached as a reason to role play or behave in a certain manner. Her attitude is cute, in the sense that she's legit just having fun, but it's just so dull at the same time.

Reactions: 16
Her new video it was a treat drinking tea in bed.
I must be a princess as I often have a coffee in bed in the morning whilst I wait for the heating to kick in
There's a lot to unpack in her new video.
I love her mother playing along to Ruby's make-believe.

The part where she and her mother pretended to pray (well maybe her mother was actually praying but afaik Ruby is not religious) made me slightly uncomfortable. I'm not religious either so idk but I feel like actual Christians would not like her essentially making a child's play out of their religious practices?

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Victorian ladies must have had some seriously stinky wrists if that’s where they put powder. Also I genuinely hope they had something a little more substantial than a soup plate to wash in.

Reactions: 3
I'm quaking at the new video. If I as a 20 something asked my mom to be my maid and serve me in my youtube make pretend video she'd probably slap me back to sanity. And I can't help but severely cringe watching Roobee rubbing hard soap, essential oils, crusty flannel, powder and a freaking lemon into her severe hand eczema

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Been reading this thread for a while and there’s such good points made and genuine criticisms, and a lot of funny things too!😂

I hate how she glamourises the Victorian era, the majority of the population was working class with no water, hardly any nutritious food, no education and living just squalor. How about she does a morning routine including that?

She’s so beyond out of touch with reality both about history and current times it’s insane.

Reactions: 22
I know in the last thread a few of us made a few remarks about her moaning she "get the cold" whilst shivering in a thin miss patina frock in JANUARY with no tights or socks on...

I was thinking, it would be great and also on brand if instead of buying over priced fast -fashion (yes Ruby, the fact its expensive doesn't make it ethical!) from Miss bloody Patina, if she sourced some traditional knitted jumpers such as fair isle style (vintage if she doesn't want to buy new wool #vegan). These crafts are being kept alive by a relatively small amount of makers, and are traditional UK heritage crafts. they would look on brand for ruby over blouses and skirts, and still be sensible clothing for January!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
first time posting in this thread but her snowy monologues finish me off, all I can think is her neighbours watching her like
lmao we all know her country mansion doesn’t have any neighbours or plebs who could see her frolic

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How can she make statements like "Victorians always slept with their windows open" and attribute it to exactly one quote? In uni you have to be very careful with your language and any kind of generalisation or absolute statement will not go down well because it's impossible to quantify and also shows you're not very discerning with information.

Also THE NIGHTGOWN 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.