Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t with her running through the snow and lying in it like a 5 year old :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Dinner is ready and Erimentha goes upstairs. Nathan is in his room playing Lego and has almost finished making a police station. That's impressive for a 9 year old, I bet he has made a holding cell for his family.
I'm CRYING at this hahahahahaha

Also why does she keep doing poetry recitations on her story? I haven't seen one positive comment about them.

Reactions: 10
Shes running like a toddler in those videos in the snow... its almost like she gets an age regression thing whenever she goes outside

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ruby performs every single monologue as if she's an alien discovering something for the first time.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She posted another monologue on her ig, monotonously reciting in snow. She's not wearing a jacket nor hat and her face is all red. She's gonna get sick but #aesthetics.
Honestly if she ends up getting sick I'll laugh my ass off. Maybe this will teach her to act like an adult and not like a little kid.
(Nothing serious, I don't want her to get pneumonia or anything, although that is what happens when you don't cover up properly in the winter)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Those boots look ridiculous like honestly I know people have snow boots but her running around in them 😂

Reactions: 3
The cringe of her stories at the moment... you know she feels as cheeky as Theresa running through field of wheat... this time it’s in the snow of her massive ground reciting the same old weird stuff. Meanwhile most people are paniking about how they’re going to afford heating or the threat of being flooded... TONE DEAF.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
This is mad specific but any do any of you lot remember that CBBC show where they shipped a bunch of kids off to a house in the countryside and they all pretended it was WW2 and had to black out the windows and stuff? I think one kid even had a bowl put on his head and his hair cut off round the rim 🤣 whenever Ruby makes herself cold and all that jazz it reminds me of that show 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
This is mad specific but any do any of you lot remember that CBBC show where they shipped a bunch of kids off to a house in the countryside and they all pretended it was WW2 and had to black out the windows and stuff? I think one kid even had a bowl put on his head and his hair cut off round the rim 🤣 whenever Ruby makes herself cold and all that jazz it reminds me of that show 🤣
I remember this show - they had them eat rations as well! I can imagine Ruby fully going for that sort of thing as well.

Reactions: 5
Yes!! I loved that show!!
Ruby would have loved that 🤣

Off topic but I can’t be the only person hoping she watches bridgerton for the aesthetic only to get to episode 6 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The thing with Ruby is that a lot of the things she does 'for the aesthetic' are actually rather normal for a certain part of Youtube, I would say. Even frolicking in the fields, romanticising the past etc. And she even has an artistic eye. But she never commits to anything fully and the childish part of her personality just won't let her make actual high quality content. She should learn videography or - more importantly - take some acting and public speech classes to get rid of that damn camera awareness that makes almost everything she does look painfully amateur.

She has obviously grown as a content creator and for a time there I even thought she had gotten really natural in front of the camera, but she is not a natural actress and now the shifty eyes and the self-centered camera awareness (I haven't studied drama so I don't know for sure, but there must be a name for this) are back.

Reactions: 13
Hiya another long time lurker here lol just wanted to say this thread is so ridiculously amusing. Me and my mum started off hate watching Ruby a few years back and now we’re just so invested in her life we have to keep watching lmao.. I always pointed out her weird overly formal use of language and how I don’t think she’s anywhere near as smart as she wants us to believe and to find whole threads of people who think the same as me is SO satisfying ahaha keep it up guys

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She looks so painfully stupid, running around in the fields or her garden. Stop. Making. A. Fool. Out. Of. Yourself!!!

Reactions: 12
I don't find her as insufferable now as I used to when she was still in school but she has definitely regressed since she moved back home. She seemed to be maturing when she was in her first year (when she was still studying philosophy) but now she is more childish than she was two years ago.

Reactions: 22
Also, I have just watched the end of that video - judgy witch much? It is KIND of annoying when your housemates are being loud and you want to sleep, but it just comes with uni life and you don't witch-post about it, you just stick some headphones in and ignore the buggers. Mind you I would go join them 9 times out of 10 - FOMO!
Didn't someone in a previous thread say that they knew someone who had lived in the same block as her during Ruby's first year (when she lived in the studio), and they said that she made weekly noise complaints?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I admit I don't really understand the thought process that she must have before and while running and jumping around.
"Okay, let me just set my pho- yup, that's about right! Hit record anddddd off I go, being grateful and feeling blessed with nature and how much this weather reminds me of books I've yet to reread this year!! Now hold your horses Ruby, don't want your dad thinking you've ran off to a library or a Miss Patina store. Yup, I now feel grateful for the little things - of course I do, I made a video out of it!"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm putting further overviews behind spoilers, that way if Ruby is choosing to read this thread, she can walk on by. These are not intended as a personal attack on Ruby. I used to keep a diary, I once described Ronan Keating as, "incredibly talented." 😨

Erimentha is home and dinner is on the go (pumpkin soup and cornbread, aesthetic!) She's annoyed there's no homework, so writes another list and goes on a walk, I really cannot be bothered to go into the intricacies of these. This chapter is mainly an insight into the toxic family dynamic at play: Golden Child/Black Sheep.

Dinner is ready and Erimentha goes upstairs. Nathan is in his room playing Lego and has almost finished making a police station. That's impressive for a 9 year old, I bet he has made a holding cell for his family.

When he comes down, their mum makes a big show of him coming to the table on time, claps and pulls out the chair for him. In years to come, Nathan will recount his story to a therapist and be encouraged to write the letter to his estranged family that he'll never send.

He slurps his soup, which to Erimentha is as disgusteng as Scottish children not flushing the toilet. Erimentha doesn't tell him off though, she doesn't have the heart and 'he's not this rude when we eat out' - except Erimentha, YOU ARE NOT THE PARENT HERE. In her determination to be precocious, she is actually pretty obnoxious.

The soup is a great-grandmother's recipe, and their mum mentions spending her childhood Christmases in Paris, which is nice if soup can do that for you.

Later, she does some research on Cambodia to torment Mr Aldridge. She mentions that other than the fruit, Cambodian delicacies do not look very appetising. [Ed: Waaaait a minute missy, there is some really nasty snobbery going on here and I'm surprised Ruby didn't cut this out when she re-edited the book.] Amok curries, banana flower salad, Khmer curries etc are delicious, complex and memorable.

She looks up the definition of bullying in multiple books, deciding her bullies will never change, because personal growth does not apply to humans.

She will continue to do her extension projects, "even if it means sneaking them to the teachers in the dead of night". Erimentha forgot to look up the definition of 'stalking'.
Not sure which is my favourite part, the review or the diary anecdote. 😂😂 Gonna play When You Say Nothing At All for you as I make dinner tonight 🙂 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.