Ruby Granger #39 We don't name and remember our skin cells

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all those who have seen the film or read the book Misery by Stephen King. This guy commented on her writer's retreat vid:

1685553977581.png

And the same guy commented this on her Shakespeare inventing words short vid:

1685554175499.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Ruby makes it seem like this writing retreat was a special occasion for her to get away from the similar surroundings, as if she didn't travel to SEVERAL countries during her gap year.
She is so blinded by her privilege that it does not occur for her that ordinary people travel abroad maybe once a year (at best!).

Reactions: 23
I'm just so confused about her obsession with her sheets. My parents taught us how to change our sheets by the time we were 8 years old, not kidding. We already knew how to make our beds nicely, but changing sheets was done every Sunday morning. Every Sunday evening we took a nice long bubble bath and put on fresh jammies and slept in fresh bedding. Monday was the day my mother would wash the sheets while we were at school. It was a routine that has stuck with me over a multitude of decades. Most people I know change their sheets once a week. It is so simple. Wait until she has a queen or king size bed to do. What the heck is the big deal? A simple weekly chore and she is in awe with herself? She actually feels like she accomplished some great challenge? This is Oxford material? omg They apparently have lowered their standards tremendously. I hope she gets destroyed there. Someday this idiot is going to have to face the realities of life. I would much rather work off my butt at work, knowing I am paying my own bills and not expecting an inheritance check or family to pay my way in the world, than live in her make-believe hovel. Her parents are fools to be babying a 23 year old.

• Heart
This whole debacle is honestly a perfect allegory for her entire life and its performativism and superficiality . She’s so productive and smart and diligent, getting up early and making her bed everyday! But actually, those sheets haven’t been changed for a year!

• Heart
You guys dont understand, she just doesnt want to say goodbye to the millions of skin cells in her sheets before she has named them all!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
OMG the Sunday bath/clean Jammies/fresh sheets combo :) with a hot water bottle and a book before another endless week at school

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm just so confused about her obsession with her sheets. My parents taught us how to change our sheets by the time we were 8 years old, not kidding. We already knew how to make our beds nicely, but changing sheets was done every Sunday morning. Every Sunday evening we took a nice long bubble bath and put on fresh jammies and slept in fresh bedding. Monday was the day my mother would wash the sheets while we were at school. It was a routine that has stuck with me over a multitude of decades. Most people I know change their sheets once a week. It is so simple. Wait until she has a queen or king size bed to do. What the heck is the big deal? A simple weekly chore and she is in awe with herself? She actually feels like she accomplished some great challenge? This is Oxford material? omg They apparently have lowered their standards tremendously. I hope she gets destroyed there. Someday this idiot is going to have to face the realities of life. I would much rather work off my butt at work, knowing I am paying my own bills and not expecting an inheritance check or family to pay my way in the world, than live in her make-believe hovel. Her parents are fools to be babying a 23 year old.
That sounds like such a cosy way to spend a Sunday! I do a similar thing where I have a long shower, do some hair stuff, do some laundry and change the sheets. It's really easy to work all of your chores in together, and Ruby has so much time on her hands - I have to fit this all in with 9-5 work & social responsibilities through the week...

Reactions: 13
I change my sheets every 2 weeks. I can’t imagine going to bed rested and happy knowing I’m rolling around in last month’s worth of stuff, let alone the past YEAR’S.

For someone so allegedly obsessed with hygiene and health, she does a really poor job of keeping herself clean and neat. Remember her shared accommodation w Blakeney and she showed us the state of her kitchen?? And how she doesn’t seem to shower after her runs (only recently vlogged it after we talked about here), and how she’s constantly spilling things and making a mess just from pouring coffee in a mug, and how her clothes always look wrinkled and have unidentifiable stains on them? Oh yea, what about getting toothpaste on her books?? Even as someone who isn’t into reading as an aesthetic thing, I could never.

I understand that for some people hygiene is not their top priority- getting food on the table is. But what “excuse” does she have? Is cleaning not “productive” enough? Is it too beneath her?? I honestly can’t hide my confusion and disgust lol.
She's shown herself mopping the floor twice. The first time she was standing on the wet, dirty floor in nylon stockings (my skin crawls just thinking about it). The second time she used a mug. I wish I was joking
---
Btw I'm obsessed with her paying god knows how much money to go on a "writer's retreat" (which in itself sounds so pretentious omg) only to sit in a bedroom in a secluded area and think about writing, which is what she's already been doing for a year at home, accomplishing absolutely nothing.

• Haha
What about her Instagram pictures? She looks like she just got out of the shower, but her hair is dry?
Was she taking a shower, got some amazing, ground-breaking idea, and instead of just writing it and carry on with her life she went to her bedroom, took that thing to write, went outside and asked mommy to take pictures of her while reflecting on what? Nature? and it all took soooo long the hair dried naturally?

I'm so confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I found it mildly amusing that in all the clips of the retreat, there's like... one whole second of writing footage? idk it just tickled me. tbh it sounds less like a writing retreat and more a pricey airbnb with tit wifi lmao

Reactions: 14
God, what a dull and crappy video. She has the innate ability to take a trip to somewhere new and potentially interesting and make it look like the most profoundly boring place on Earth.

The interesting things to see - what happened on the writing retreat, what the structure was like, what kind of people attended and what, if anything, was taught - are completely absent. There's no footage of anyone else and no evidence that she wasn't just alone and bored in a cottage for a week. It's the same old tit. She joylessly stares into space while tapping away at a keyboard. She performatively sets up a camera just to film herself walking away from it. She wanders a garden, trying (and failing) to look like the human embodiment of carefree whimsy as she grimaces away.

This video about a writing retreat contains practically no discussion of writing or the writing retreat. 95% of this video is Ruby in her bedroom giving a meandering, insincere ramble about mindful productivity.

She blathers for half the video about the power of SPYACE and the joy of LAARNING for the sake of LAAAAHRNINGGG, despite never having learned a thing herself. Case in point: Yet again, she includes footage of wind blasting the camera mic. Nothing is being said in this footage and she's overlaid music anyway, so there was no reason not to mute the source footage of wind slamming the mic, other than laziness and incompetence. She still hasn't learned how to improve at anything whatsoever, in all the years she's been alive.

She claims she's learned to use social media more mindfully now. We've heard this countless times from her and yet nothing ever changes. It's still the same bullshit: Lies to try to make herself feel and seem important or special, undeclared ads and pictures of her bedroom window are all she posts on social media. The vast majority of her videos are the exact same tit: An enlightened declaration that she's learned something or improved somehow and can now enlighten you, in turn, despite her content and her life being the same joyless, brainless, talentless assembly line of dishonesty and stupidity.

"The DADLOINES we SAT fwore oursalves are yeeshually IMAGINARY."

Yes, for you especially, Ruby. You have no writing deadlines. You have no responsibilities. This trip offered nothing that you didn't have already.

I posted this comparison of Ruby at home and Ruby on the retreat in the last thread:

56756 - Copy.jpg

And now she's confirmed that she paid to take the writer's retreat in Devon, where her parents own two cottages that she could've stayed in for free.

The cottage she paid to stay in, vs. one of the two cottages her parents own:

67678678.jpg

She blew £600-1000 on this performative trip to learn nothing and get nothing that she didn't already have for free. This wasn't some revelatory change of lifestyle and scenery. This was the same old tit in which nothing new was experienced. At least someone else profited from her stupidity this time.

It also wouldn't shock me if Ruby made her parents go to Devon to stay round the corner, like she did for the bulk of her time at Exeter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Untitled4363687687 - Copy.png

😂 😂 😂

By "a few different factors," I assume she means "I don't actually work there anymore" or "I just embellish the nature of my role; in reality, I do so little, so sporadically during what tiny fraction of time I'm there that my absence isn't noticed or cared about".

I'm not sure who she thinks she's fooling by following up "I grade essays and create lesson plans and I teach everything as a vital member of the faculty" with "I work 3 hours a day, three times a week and then just take most weeks off anyway". This is her third or fourth absence during term. There's no way a contracted member of the teaching staff who contributes anything at all would be allowed to take time off constantly during term time.

Reactions: 25
View attachment 2209409

😂 😂 😂

By "a few different factors," I assume she means "I don't actually work there anymore" or "I just embellish the nature of my role; in reality, I do so little, so sporadically during what tiny fraction of time I'm there that my absence isn't noticed or cared about".

I'm not sure who she thinks she's fooling by following up "I grade essays and create lesson plans and I teach everything as a vital member of the faculty" with "I work 3 hours a day, three times a week and then just take most weeks off anyway". This is her third or fourth absence during term. There's no way a contracted member of the teaching staff who contributes anything at all would be allowed to take time off constantly during term time.
She just sounds like an extra responsibility for the actual teacher.
How is she even going to support students' learning by being their twice a week. So much of teaching is building relationships, which she's terrible at.

There's someone in my education faculty that reminds me of her. Every time a kid raises their hand and she approaches, the kid inwardly groans. Or they're like "no, I want to speak to the real teacher." I think she took that job as a power trip and to seem like the "smartest person in the room," which is very Rubes-esque.

View attachment 2209409

😂 😂 😂

Or her famous job was only private classes, I used to give private lessons when I was still a student and few of my "students" came because of recommandations from people I know, including previous professors I knew outside of highschool. I was free to work when I wanted. I'm pretty sure it works like that for her, that could explain her very frequent trips and holidays, it's not like she really needs extra money.

As for her driving lessons... I wonder if dad and moms aren't tired to have to drive her everywhere. B

Reactions: 7
I change my sheets every 2 weeks. I can’t imagine going to bed rested and happy knowing I’m rolling around in last month’s worth of stuff, let alone the past YEAR’S.

For someone so allegedly obsessed with hygiene and health, she does a really poor job of keeping herself clean and neat. Remember her shared accommodation w Blakeney and she showed us the state of her kitchen?? And how she doesn’t seem to shower after her runs (only recently vlogged it after we talked about here), and how she’s constantly spilling things and making a mess just from pouring coffee in a mug, and how her clothes always look wrinkled and have unidentifiable stains on them? Oh yea, what about getting toothpaste on her books?? Even as someone who isn’t into reading as an aesthetic thing, I could never.

I understand that for some people hygiene is not their top priority- getting food on the table is. But what “excuse” does she have? Is cleaning not “productive” enough? Is it too beneath her?? I honestly can’t hide my confusion and disgust lol.
This infuriates me no end. There are certain basic life skills (mainly hygiene and cooking) which I am naturally bad at - I just spend a lot of time in my own head and it doesn't really occur to me that those things are necessary until I'm starving or my hair is gross. And I have invested so much effort in finding ways to counteract that because I recognise that it's unacceptable for me to exist in society without maintaining a basic level of hygiene + cleanliness. Of course, I have a job and a life and so there is actually a requirement for me to not be unhygienic, and I have flatmates who I respect and therefore I will always do my fair share of cleaning + tidying. It's totally okay if doing this stuff isn't natural to her, but it's yet another sign of her insane privilege that she has never needed to learn to change these behaviours (obviously encouraged by her parents who are just as bad), and her disrespect of Blakeney with whom she was supposedly friends.

It seems that she has truly never been taught that she owes anything to those around her - I come from a similar background to her in terms of parents' occupations (well my mum is very intelligent, worked pre-kids and started working for the Citizens Advice Bureau when the kids were older, so not completely the same lmao), parents income, education etc. The difference is my parents taught me not to be selfish and self-absorbed and that I couldn't just do what I wanted regardless of the consequences to other people. The fact that her parents haven't taught her that she needs to have a basic level of respect for those around her, haven't drilled it into her as a kid/teen that she needs to change her sheets, shower after exercise, clean up after herself is just bleeping insane. Regardless of Ruby's own issues, she does seem to be the product of really terrible parenting

• Heart
Reactions: 19
More disordered eating nonsense. Yeah, I bet her dream supper consists primarily of zero-calorie water.

Screenshot_20230601_125547_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.