Ruby Granger #39 We don't name and remember our skin cells

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her obsession with finding a way to love everything is really bleeping odd. Like how every season she'll claim that "this is my favourite season." It's fine for something to just be a chore, you don't need to love every second of your life, most people have tasks and activities that they'd really rather not do, but they don't start desperately trying to paper over their irritation/boredom, they just find ways to make it more bearable. I can only assume that anyone who feels the need to find a way to love every single thing they do in a day is really, seriously unhappy, because most reasonably healthy people are able to accept those periods of discomfort as a normal part of life and move through them.
Agreed. Also I feel like it’s all symptomatic of her enormous privilege: she’s grown up believing she can do anything, and that she need only ever do things she enjoys. So when she’s confronted with the unpleasant realities of life (you need to change the sheets every once in a while because mummy hasn’t hired a servant to do that for you), she responds by applying toxic positivity.

Reactions: 24
Agreed. Also I feel like it’s all symptomatic of her enormous privilege: she’s grown up believing she can do anything, and that she need only ever do things she enjoys. So when she’s confronted with the unpleasant realities of life (you need to change the sheets every once in a while because mummy hasn’t hired a servant to do that for you), she responds by applying toxic positivity.
100% this. And I bet the way she "romanticises" changing her sheets involves imagining she's a Victorian maid or some tit, which is something only someone who will never need to work a crappy job could possibly idealise. Much as I love the booktuber emmie, my one big issue with her is her obsession with hotels, and specifically the desire to work as a hotel maid - only someone with no clue what those jobs are actually like could possibly romanticise them like that, or make household chores more pleasurable by imagining that situation.

Reactions: 22
Ruby the whole point of a fitted sheet is you have to tuck the ends UNDER the mattress otherwise the sheet will move like a first in your degree and you can't even check how fitted sheets are placed

Reactions: 15
Ruby the whole point of a fitted sheet is you have to tuck the ends UNDER the mattress otherwise the sheet will move like a first in your degree and you can't even check how fitted sheets are placed
In fairness, this is her first time changing a sheet, so she might not have the hang of it yet.

Maybe next year when she changes them again she'll be a bit better at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Changing bedding isn't exciting but it's worth it to have a great sleep in fresh bedding, that's motivation enough for me! If I were to rank housework it would be no way near the bottom, it's not like cleaning the oven or cleaning mould off the bathroom ceiling. Or the worst one of all, cleaning your whole flat with just over 24 hours notice, ready for an inspection! Nothing quite like coming home from work to get started on that.

Also, I really don't get romanticising everything, I feel like it wouldn't help me to enjoy the task or life in general. I'm getting old, I just listen to a podcast or the radio when I'm doing housework.

Reactions: 23
In fairness, this is her first time changing a sheet, so she might not have the hang of it yet.

Maybe next year when she changes them again she'll be a bit better at it.
Sometimes I hope it's just a joke, then I watch one of her videos and it seems terribly accurate. Oh and something she doesn't seem to do anymore is trampoline?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Dear Roob,
Not every chore is fun. And there is something beautiful in that.
-Regards, me

• Haha
Reactions: 20
"Now I've always hated changing my sheets"

We can tell

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Sometimes I hope it's just a joke, then I watch one of her videos and it seems terribly accurate. Oh and something she doesn't seem to do anymore is trampoline?
As soon as she's gifted a £3,000 trampoline, she'll be back on it and proclaiming that she AWLWHEYS TROMPALINES bot this nyoo trompaline is hahhr MYOST FAVORAT AVVER, JANUINELY!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I just want to know how to romantise things and why Ruby is obsessed with doing so ? Isn't just changing a sheet doing a chore, I can't see anything that exciting about it

Reactions: 9
100% this. And I bet the way she "romanticises" changing her sheets involves imagining she's a Victorian maid or some tit, which is something only someone who will never need to work a crappy job could possibly idealise. Much as I love the booktuber emmie, my one big issue with her is her obsession with hotels, and specifically the desire to work as a hotel maid - only someone with no clue what those jobs are actually like could possibly romanticise them like that, or make household chores more pleasurable by imagining that situation.
I work at a hotel albeit not in housekeeping, and it's honestly probably one of the worst jobs you can have. It's incredibly physically demanding, you're on your feet all day, moving heavy objects etc (try lifting a king-sized mattress on your own to make the bed, and then imagine doing that for 8 hours a day every day of the week. Imagine what that does to your back), you have to be quick about it because hotels have a quota as to how many rooms you have to clean in an hour, you have to work in the early morning as well as during holidays, and to most people the idea of cleaning other people's messes and handling their garbage is nothing to look forward to. Just the other day at the hotel I work at someone smeared tit all over the public restroom in the lobby. Who do you think got the fun task to clean that up?
And the hotel company I work for had to implement a policy to protect the housekeeping staff against sexual harassment. They're not allowed to do their rounds on their own anymore, they have to be paired up at all times. Not to mention in my country hotel maids are usually underpaid and work under terrible contractual conditions.
I understand that physically demanding jobs can be rewarding and appealing too, but being a hotel maid is not one of those jobs lol. I can't stand when people who have probably never worked a manual job in their lives romanticize that kind of stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
How to romanticise changing your bedsheets: Just think of how nice and clean it will be when you get in them at night. I can't think of any other way? I suppose you could sing 'Spoon Full of Sugar' and pretend to be Mary Poppins. Personally, I have a chronic lower back condition so like most chores, changing the sheets on my bed is just part of being a clean and healthy adult. Not every task is enjoyable.
---
I work at a hotel albeit not in housekeeping, and it's honestly probably one of the worst jobs you can have. It's incredibly physically demanding, you're on your feet all day, moving heavy objects etc (try lifting a king-sized mattress on your own to make the bed, and then imagine doing that for 8 hours a day every day of the week. Imagine what that does to your back), you have to be quick about it because hotels have a quota as to how many rooms you have to clean in an hour, you have to work in the early morning as well as during holidays, and to most people the idea of cleaning other people's messes and handling their garbage is nothing to look forward to. Just the other day at the hotel I work at someone smeared tit all over the public restroom in the lobby. Who do you think got the fun task to clean that up?
And the hotel company I work for had to implement a policy to protect the housekeeping staff against sexual harassment. They're not allowed to do their rounds on their own anymore, they have to be paired up at all times. Not to mention in my country hotel maids are usually underpaid and work under terrible contractual conditions.
I understand that physically demanding jobs can be rewarding and appealing too, but being a hotel maid is not one of those jobs lol. I can't stand when people who have probably never worked a manual job in their lives romanticize that kind of stuff.
I'm sure the housekeeping staff are thrilled that someone romanticises their actual job. Not. 🤣 Even when Im staying in a hotel, I feel kinda awkward as I sit there and the maid is making my bed and topping up my towels and coffee/tea supplies.

Reactions: 9
ust the other day at the hotel I work at someone smeared tit all over the public restroom in the lobby. Who do you think got the fun task to clean that up?
you have to ✨ romanticise✨ this.

But all jokes aside: the service industry wouldn't work without people like you. But the payment has to be better, way better. It is not fair that the people who do all the hard work get payed so little.

The other day, I got into my office as the cleaning lady came into the room to clean. I felt so awkward just sitting there and I didn't want to be in her space. I made room so she could clean the floor properly while I sat there waiting for my computer to start.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
you have to ✨ romanticise✨ this.

But all jokes aside: the service industry wouldn't work without people like you
Thankfully I don't have a service job and I wasn't the lucky one who got to clean up the restroom haha. I work in the finance department. But I see how hard the housekeeping staff works and how hard their job is everyday

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20230530_180532_Chrome.jpg

Ruby HOIGHLY RACKOMANDS sitting with mummy to watch children's TV at the age of 23. It's a totally normal thing to do and nothing to do with her having an unhealthy dependency on mummy or a worrying fixation on childhood.

Screenshot_20230530_180547_Chrome.jpg

Balding Rubert also spins this embarrassing extracurricular adventure into an undeclared ad for BEE BEE CEE OIYPLAYAH. Unsurprisingly, she avoids mentioning that she was paid to advertise BBC iPlayer only a few months ago. Shameless.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2206389

Ruby HOIGHLY RACKOMANDS sitting with mummy to watch children's TV at the age of 23. It's a totally normal thing to do and nothing to do with her having an unhealthy dependency on mummy or a worrying fixation on childhood.

View attachment 2206391

Balding Rubert also spins this embarrassing extracurricular adventure into an undeclared ad for BEE BEE CEE OIYPLAYAH. Unsurprisingly, she avoids mentioning that she was paid to advertise BBC iPlayer only a few months ago. Shameless.
I think I was around 9 or 10 years old when I read the Malory Towers books. Maybe Roob is getting into the vibe of being sent off to 'boarding school' in preparation for when her semester starts.

• Haha
I think I was around 9 or 10 years old when I read the Malory Towers books. Maybe Roob is getting into the vibe of being sent off to 'boarding school' in preparation for when her semester starts.
Of course she is. We all know she’ll be dragging that mouldy trunk and her boater to Oxford so that she can pretend she’s starting in the First Form at Malory Towers. Another seven years of education, hurrah!

• Haha
Of course she is. We all know she’ll be dragging that mouldy trunk and her boater to Oxford so that she can pretend she’s starting in the First Form at Malory Towers. Another seven years of education, hurrah!
Don't forget having mummy send her letters and overnight care packages for the 2 nights a month she stays at Oxford.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The camera angle on her story where she tells people where they can watch Malory Towers is killing me.

Reactions: 10
Asking because I need closure. Did Roob ever show us the finished product of the 'vegan honey' she was making on the stove top?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.