Ruby Granger #39 We don't name and remember our skin cells

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2206389

Ruby HOIGHLY RACKOMANDS sitting with mummy to watch children's TV at the age of 23. It's a totally normal thing to do and nothing to do with her having an unhealthy dependency on mummy or a worrying fixation on childhood.

View attachment 2206391

Balding Rubert also spins this embarrassing extracurricular adventure into an undeclared ad for BEE BEE CEE OIYPLAYAH. Unsurprisingly, she avoids mentioning that she was paid to advertise BBC iPlayer only a few months ago. Shameless.
Out of curiosity last time she talked about Malory towers I ended up watching a couple episodes to see if it was actually entertaining (and let me procrastinate)

I think if you were 7 or 8 it would be a good show, but it is just really dull as an adult, unsurprisingly. The themes are trivial and everyone makes a big deal out of the tiniest things. Overall the show is cringe and not really enjoyable as an adult, because adults aren't the target market.

Reactions: 11
Out of curiosity last time she talked about Malory towers I ended up watching a couple episodes to see if it was actually entertaining (and let me procrastinate)

I think if you were 7 or 8 it would be a good show, but it is just really dull as an adult, unsurprisingly. The themes are trivial and everyone makes a big deal out of the tiniest things. Overall the show is cringe and not really enjoyable as an adult, because adults aren't the target market.
I don't think personally that watching shows aimed at a younger audience is bad, just that her usual obsession for children and boarding schools make it creepy.

Reactions: 19
I don't think personally that watching shows aimed at a younger audience is bad, just that her usual obsession for children and boarding schools make it creepy.
It would be absolutely fine if she weren’t herself desperate to actually be a child. There’s nothing wrong with nostalgia in healthy doses, lots of people retreat back into something they liked as a kid sometimes. But Ruby doesn’t seem to like any film or television aimed at adults, and the only adult literature she claims to read we all know she doesn’t really bother to understand. If as an adult the only stuff you read/watch is for kids (and you don’t have children yourself obvs), that’s when it gets creepy and unhealthy.

Reactions: 18
Changing sheets - nothing romantic about it, but there's a good feeling afterwards like 'phew I've done that chore and have nice clean sheets'. I don't like changing bedclothes either, so I choose a day and do it as early as possible (then spend the rest of the day feeling pleased it's out of the way).

Ha I did the same. She's influenced us!

I think Malory Towers is a very well-made series for the target age group, but like you said there's not much of interest for adults. I do get that it might be a comfort watch for some people, but even so...it's the kind of thing I could imagine watching while lying on the sofa in pyjamas suffering from tonsilitis. 😅 Not something I'd watch with a parent.

Reactions: 16
Oh god, has anyone seen the absolute train wreck of her new YouTube shorts video. She tells us that Shakespeare invented lots of words with three examples. 2/3 of the examples she gives were words not invented by Shakespeare. After lots of comments telling her this she’s pinned some stupid “what I actually meant was…” comment.

Trigger warning: frowning, fake smiles, eyebrow and finger waffling. And worst of all… reading her FAURVRITE passages.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Academy. A word invented by Shakespeare. What's next, he also invented sympsonium?

You can't make this tit up, thanks for the entertainment, Rubes! Truly Oxford material right here.

• Haha
I work at a hotel albeit not in housekeeping, and it's honestly probably one of the worst jobs you can have. It's incredibly physically demanding, you're on your feet all day, moving heavy objects etc (try lifting a king-sized mattress on your own to make the bed, and then imagine doing that for 8 hours a day every day of the week. Imagine what that does to your back), you have to be quick about it because hotels have a quota as to how many rooms you have to clean in an hour, you have to work in the early morning as well as during holidays, and to most people the idea of cleaning other people's messes and handling their garbage is nothing to look forward to. Just the other day at the hotel I work at someone smeared tit all over the public restroom in the lobby. Who do you think got the fun task to clean that up?
And the hotel company I work for had to implement a policy to protect the housekeeping staff against sexual harassment. They're not allowed to do their rounds on their own anymore, they have to be paired up at all times. Not to mention in my country hotel maids are usually underpaid and work under terrible contractual conditions.
I understand that physically demanding jobs can be rewarding and appealing too, but being a hotel maid is not one of those jobs lol. I can't stand when people who have probably never worked a manual job in their lives romanticize that kind of stuff.

Ughhh I worked as housekeeping staff in a hotel a while ago during peak season. I can't believe anyone would romanticise such a job, it made me chuckle with disbelief. I barely remember those few months of my life because I'd come home so tired I'd eat dinner and go to sleep. I sympathise with you and hope your job pays you well and satisfies you! This industry is tough as hell no matter what you do tbh
I cant imagine Ruby working a full time job alone, not to mention a physically demanding one. I kinda wish she did, just to get a reality check. I sound like a cranky boomer but the bubble she lives in sometimes irrationally frustrates me and the little devil in me would give anything to pop it and watch her reaction 🤣

Reactions: 13
Academy. A word invented by Shakespeare. What's next, he also invented sympsonium?

You can't make this tit up, thanks for the entertainment, Rubes! Truly Oxford material right here.
LOL I hope you're kidding. And she is learning Latin? Surely her textbook is going to mention academia somewhere.

Reactions: 12
Oh god, has anyone seen the absolute train wreck of her new YouTube shorts video. She tells us that Shakespeare invented lots of words with three examples. 2/3 of the examples she gives were words not invented by Shakespeare. After lots of comments telling her this she’s pinned some stupid “what I actually meant was…” comment.

Trigger warning: frowning, fake smiles, eyebrow and finger waffling. And worst of all… reading her FAURVRITE passages.
I saw that video and was a bit confused. I’m sure that there are words where their first recorded instance in print might be in Shakespeare but to say he ‘invented’ words doesn‘t seem right at all, and definitely not for the words Ruby gives as examples. I can’t even begin to imagine her thought process in creating that video but wow, Oxford’s in for a treat!

Reactions: 13
still sat here wondering if she's gonna go into student accom at oxford or if she's going to be commuting. And even then is she gonna bring her iMac to uni with her and bring it back and fourth between two places lololol

Reactions: 7
still sat here wondering if she's gonna go into student accom at oxford or if she's going to be commuting. And even then is she gonna bring her iMac to uni with her and bring it back and fourth between two places lololol
She can’t commute, there’s a residency requirement.

Reactions: 6

Im so embarrassed for her. Oxford? She is studying Masters level English Lit, in the specific era of Shakespeare. And isn't she learning Latin? She needs to learn about etymology and Latin and Greek roots. Especially given her area of study and especially before making videos for all the world to see.
ETA: What to speak of the influence of the French language on early English language

Reactions: 15
That writers retreat looks like the biggest shill-

an overpriced Air BNB stay in the most Spartan Nun-like accommodation and they don’t even seem to have had any workshops?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
1685551586219.png

---
1685551793388.png

---
Penultimate got two shout-outs 🤣
1685551949849.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I cant with her new video. How she goes on and on about how she finally had time to write and no deadlines to worry about, none of the 800 choices she has to make every day.
I'm sure those are things the other participants of the retreat valued, if they have an actual dayjob/responsibilities and took a vacation to focus on writing. But Ruby claiming she felt any difference between sitting at home and doing f*** all and sitting in an overpriced room doing f*** all... How she makes it sound like shes usually soooo busy.

Also her "introvert" realizations. As if she usually meets lots and lots of people and spending a week away from parties etc. was something super special to her. The whole video is so damn dishonest and it seems like she's just repeating stuff maybe other people on the retreat said.

Also love how she ends it with telling us she's gonna bake scones for when her parents come back. a) as if these scones arent gonne be burned af and b) trying to show us how considerate she is and how much she workes in the household.

This gap year really brought out the worst in her. I hope the other participants of the retreat have a similar background as her, otherwise im sorry for them. Imagine you saved up from your demanding dayjob to go on this retreat and met Ruby.

Romanticize changing your sheets?? How about romanticizing not sleeping in filthy sheets full of last year’s dirt, dead skin cells, and dust?? 🤢🤮 she’s absolutely foul.

Reactions: 18
I change my sheets every 2 weeks. I can’t imagine going to bed rested and happy knowing I’m rolling around in last month’s worth of stuff, let alone the past YEAR’S.

For someone so allegedly obsessed with hygiene and health, she does a really poor job of keeping herself clean and neat. Remember her shared accommodation w Blakeney and she showed us the state of her kitchen?? And how she doesn’t seem to shower after her runs (only recently vlogged it after we talked about here), and how she’s constantly spilling things and making a mess just from pouring coffee in a mug, and how her clothes always look wrinkled and have unidentifiable stains on them? Oh yea, what about getting toothpaste on her books?? Even as someone who isn’t into reading as an aesthetic thing, I could never.

I understand that for some people hygiene is not their top priority- getting food on the table is. But what “excuse” does she have? Is cleaning not “productive” enough? Is it too beneath her?? I honestly can’t hide my confusion and disgust lol.

Reactions: 17
I'd respect her more if she just stopped constantly lying.
That's the thing though, deception is part of the influencer brand. If they were honest and actually admitted that their lives are faked and perfection isn't possible, nobody would buy the crap they sell in the hope of becoming 'perfect'. So in order to continue earning crazy amounts for f all work, influencers have to keep up the lies and pressure themselves into being this ideal person.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.