Ruby Granger #39 We don't name and remember our skin cells

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @bananapeel for the title, which is a direct quote from the Collected Writings of Renowned Awwthor Rubehilda Bones-Granger, published in 17 volumes as soon as her bestselling debut The Secret History of Alyssa Arvon’s Bruised Knuckles hits the shelves!

Miss Rootabaga is currently finishing up her 3rd (or 4th?) book for her agent, has a track record of 0 non-self-published books, is prepping for Oxford by watching yoochoob videos about Samuel Pepys’ shorthand, has landed upon ”Girlhood in Early Modern England” as the not-at-all-too-broad-and-vague subject of her upcoming prizewinning Oxford Masters thesis, is working a conventional job “helping out with lessons“ (a student’s description) at her old school three half-days a week whenever she’s not taking time off to jet off to Venice to cure her wroyiter’s block, and is taking driving lessons because mummy and daddy will be off in the campervan some of the weekends she wants to come home from Oxford. Did I mention she finally got into Oxford?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That'll probably sound weird but I can't wait for the uni vlogs. Just to see how will be the new Roobee's den.

Reactions: 17
I wonder how she compares her Erimentha e-book to her latest failed-to-launch books. Does she think her work has improved?
---
Oh god the boater hat is back!
Well she has to start channelling Oxford Eton vibes...

Reactions: 12
Do you guys think influencers will ever get shamed for how much flying they do?
We can see the climate crisis accelerating and their lifestyles are part of the problem given they're 1% of wealth causing 50% emissions.
Next time Ruby jets off I wanna go and write stop taking holidays and pretending to be sustainable.
It just pisses me off how overseas travel is still being glamorized. Yes it's cool but it's literally killing our world

Reactions: 16
Baby boy, I think I've been too good of a girl (too good of a girl)
Did all the extra credit, then got graded on a curve
Ruby when she got 55 in her philosophy essay I fear

(This song is somewhat ruined for me now that I've made this connection)
---
Do you guys think influencers will ever get shamed for how much flying they do?
We can see the climate crisis accelerating and their lifestyles are part of the problem given they're 1% of wealth causing 50% emissions.
Next time Ruby jets off I wanna go and write stop taking holidays and pretending to be sustainable.
It just pisses me off how overseas travel is still being glamorized. Yes it's cool but it's literally killing our world
This is a good point. I don't think most people would begrudge her for flying within Europe to go on holiday maybe once a year. But she's had so many trips in a short space of time, often not for a good reason since she's barely even working at the minute to deserve a holiday. I wonder if anyone will bring it up in the future in her comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
This is a good point. I don't think most people would begrudge her for flying within Europe to go on holiday maybe once a year. But she's had so many trips in a short space of time, often not for a good reason since she's barely even working at the minute to deserve a holiday. I wonder if anyone will bring it up in the future in her comments.
Trips she’s taken in the past 12 months:
Paris (train)
Italy (Amalfi coast, plane)
Greece (plane)
Scotland (train)
USA (plane)
Italy (Milan and skiing, plane)
Yorkshire (train)
Italy (Venice, plane)
writing retreat

I feel like I’m forgetting something. Corfu is probably coming up soon. She can fly all she wants, she has money to throw around, but she doesn’t get to preach about sustainability or pretend a book is expensive at £20.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Ruby probably thinks that since she's vegan that it apparently offsets the damage that is done by the environment by flying and taking holidays since she doesn't eat animal products. I've come across a few vegans who believe that.

I always find it annoying that she claims that she can't spend £20 on a book as it's expensive and she acts like she's counting pennies. I don't know why she does that as everyone knows that she is not strapped for cash. I don't know if her attempt to come off as relatable.

Reactions: 19
ive always found that the richer people are the more tighter they are with money

Reactions: 21
Ruby probably thinks that since she's vegan that it apparently offsets the damage that is done by the environment by flying and taking holidays since she doesn't eat animal products. I've come across a few vegans who believe that.

I always find it annoying that she claims that she can't spend £20 on a book as it's expensive and she acts like she's counting pennies. I don't know why she does that as everyone knows that she is not strapped for cash. I don't know if her attempt to come off as relatable.
Yessss I hate this! A flight destroys like 4 years worth of veganism. I think people are just like oh I fly less and I eat everyday so it doesn't add up in their brains and particularly not in Ruby's nutrition deprived brain

Reactions: 8
I’d find her less insufferable if she openly admitted she doesn’t need to worry about money instead of pretending she has to adhere to a strict budget.

Reactions: 19
I'd find her less insufferable if she did the following:

Got a full time job and stopped pretending she's too busy or above it

Stopped pretending to read everything and acting like she's a child prodigy when she's really 23 and needs to act like it

Stopped posting triggering content

Also nipped her creepy obsession with childhood in the bud

Reactions: 27
I'd respect her more if she read what she actually enjoyed instead of flouncing around the estate with these random ass books acting like she's the only one who understands this unfathomable depth of literature. There's a ton of quality middle grade that you can enjoy as an adult and have interesting conversations about. She could make that her niche. But what she actually wants to be is Ruby the 9 year old who impresses everyone around her by reading complex grown up books, somehow she never moved on from that.

Reactions: 17
Screenshot_20230529_143525_Chrome.jpg

On the subject of lying: Her latest Insta post... 😂

"Oiy've awhwheys hated changing moiy sheets. I DYOO DYOOO IT! Bot varry varry relocktantlee."

No, you don't, Ruby. You very clearly just leave the same sheets on your bed for the better part of a year.

Ruby also claims she now loves changing her sheets and the trick was romanticising changing her sheets, whatever the duck that's supposed to mean. It JANUINELY isn't just that she did a U-turn on doing and liking something because she got paid for it in money or products, HOW DAERRR YOOO.

Screenshot_20230529_144354_Chrome.jpg

The face of someone who enjoys every moment of what she's doing. SHE FEELS LOIKE SHE'S IN THE 'ANNE' BOCKS!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her obsession with finding a way to love everything is really bleeping odd. Like how every season she'll claim that "this is my favourite season." It's fine for something to just be a chore, you don't need to love every second of your life, most people have tasks and activities that they'd really rather not do, but they don't start desperately trying to paper over their irritation/boredom, they just find ways to make it more bearable. I can only assume that anyone who feels the need to find a way to love every single thing they do in a day is really, seriously unhappy, because most reasonably healthy people are able to accept those periods of discomfort as a normal part of life and move through them.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.