Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just a colour chart of pastel colours she's choosing from? That's all that changes about the planner every year.

I'd be surprised if Sixteenth were willing to front the costs for planners this year after losing money year after year, so I wonder if she was stupid enough to invest her own money into that dying albatross.
I do think she told her agency first of the Oxford acceptance so they wouldn't cancel on her. She definitely knew for a good two to three weeks because I can't help but think her trip to (insert European country here) was an acceptance gift

Here's a link to her pinterest. LOL I hope she doesnt end up tracing over the designs like simplykenna / cozykitsune did Ruby Granger (rubygranger8) - Profile | Pinterest

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I have not kept up with this thread in about 3 months, but I saw that Ruby got into Oxford and it made me want to scream. I don't have the time or desire to catch up on everything I have missed, and I refuse to watch her videos, but would love a brief bullet point recap of what has been happening. Or if Gossip Guy has a classic snarky commentary on the whole Oxford situation, I would love to read that too! Thanks.

Reactions: 8
she should try applying for jobs and than come back to her statement about failure. If I would have seen every rejection after an application as a failure, I'd be really miserable.
Same, and I have a friend who did exactly that - just gave up after the rejections hit hard. If you don't power through them you end up in a way worse position mentally and financially, and failure is a part of life you just have to expect. It's a sort of schadenfreude when you see people like Ruby, who've been coddled their entire lives, told they're amazing and invincible etc suddenly crash and burn when they're up against the rejection most of us have faced since the beginning!

Reactions: 17
Omg her latest tiktok walking round the uni with the 6th form style outfit and the bleeping song that Hermione and Harry dance to in the last Harry Potter movie 💀💀💀.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Omg her latest tiktok walking round the uni with the 6th form style outfit and the bleeping song that Hermione and Harry dance to in the last Harry Potter movie 💀💀💀.
Tell me this is a joke. Can you post a screenshot?!
I guess Oxford is as close to Erimentha's her boarding school dream she can get to.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tell me this is a joke. Can you post a screenshot?!
I guess Oxford is as close to Erimentha's her boarding school dream she can get to.
I can do more than that

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Untitled56754646458098096456645454774570985476455645678680-=76775668567 - Copy.png

POV: You're studying at Oxford University and suddenly you spot Ruby lumbering around the grounds like Frankenstein's monster. She has a big hole in her tights and appears to be gorping wistfully into the sky and smiling at nothing in particular. You consider calling for help so that someone can take her home since she's clearly not all there. But then you remember that this is Ruby, and so her mummy can't be far behind.

She was accepted into one of the most prestigious universities, claims to be an expert in literature who reads hundreds of books a year, and she makes a living on YouTube making videos and yet she still doesn't know how POV works.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 2059781

POV: You're studying at Oxford University and suddenly you spot Ruby lumbering around the grounds like Frankenstein's monster. She has a big hole in her tights and appears to be gorping wistfully into the sky and smiling at nothing in particular. You consider calling for help so that someone can take her home since she's clearly not all there. But then you remember that this is Ruby, and so her mummy can't be far behind.

She was accepted into one of the most prestigious universities, claims to be an expert in literature who reads hundreds of books a year, and she makes a living on YouTube making videos and yet she still doesn't know how POV works.
I don't know how this POV works either. lol And I graduated from one of the world's best universities (edit: but we are in erm ... a very... let's say we are not in the Top 10). :LOL: but otherwise ... I'm an expert in procrastination.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I really really hope Mother Granger wasn't the person filming this. First day of primary school vibes.
you 100% know it was… on the yt video, you can tell by the way she turns back and grins enthusiastically that she is in fact gazing lovingly back at the very womb that bore her, and the womb is cheering her on with THAT’S MY WITTLE BABY ROOBEE MUMMY IS SO PROUD OF YOU 🤩

it’s going to be a long year of cringe and I’m here for it

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Just remembered about how Ruby did that pretending to be people in her introversion video, where she pretended to be a masters students who lost a cast, I'm just wondering what her masters/Oxford persona is going to be or what characters will she pretend to be in Oxford when she's being introvered

Reactions: 8
I can do more than that
"October can't come soon enough" It's only the end of March now! I really wish she wouldn't wish her life away like that. What happened to "low living" and "being in the moment"? I'm actually really looking forward to spring and summer and the coming months, not wishing the year was half over already!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't know how this POV works either. lol And I graduated from one of the world's best universities (edit: but we are in erm ... a very... let's say we are not in the Top 10). :LOL: but otherwise ... I'm an expert in procrastination.
I'm betting you're not regularly making TikTok POV videos though like Ruby is. (Unless - gasp! - you were Ruby all along!)

POV videos are supposed to be from someone's direct point-of-view and it's filmed as though through their eyes, but Ruby can't have herself not be on camera and she can't imagine being anyone but Ruby, so she's like: 'POV: You're Ruby, but somehow you can see yourself wandering around 15 feet away!'

It shouldn't be shocking considering every character she writes seems to be able to astrally project and see everything, eyeball direction be damned, but it's a massive pet peeve for me when she does it.

Reactions: 16
I'm watching the series You rn because I'm sick and off work for a few days. Knowing that Roob was at the premiere for this is hilarious. The swearing and sex lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can't believe she was so disingenuous to say rejection from Oxford was the best thing that happened to her. Don't believe it. It's obvious her usual crud sbout growth coming out of adversity. She hasn't experienced any such thing in her whole over privileged live. Just waiting to see whether she copes. Maybe she will? Maybe she won't. What I hope for her is that she recognises she has problems growing up & needs to consider how did can move forward with growing up.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can't believe she was so disingenuous to say rejection from Oxford was the best thing that happened to her. Don't believe it.
And why did the rejection help her? She ran back to Oxford as soon as she could re-apply, to 'rectify' the earlier rejection.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.