Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've got exactly half a thread now to come up with the perfect Erimentha in Oxford thread title...

Reactions: 18
It's great that you both were mature enough to realise that you were exhausting yourself and to change what was wrong with your routines

Reactions: 14
I think she applied for the 1550-1700 one, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: 4
Do we know, if she applied to Oxford after her bachelor's? (Before she decided to take a gap year).

Reactions: 4

This was written by a friend of mine. It might give us some idea of what's in store for Ruby.

Reactions: 14
I'm not sure that Jade will be that bothered. She seems so convinced about the "start-up" world (and despite what she says, she is an absolute corporate gorl), I can't see her going back into academia to the extent that Ruby is.
Jack might though, he seems to be having a meltdown about anything and everything !

Reactions: 18
I said it before and I'll say it again, I think the reason she's not bragging all over the internet about it is because she is absolutely terrified now it's become real. I'd be too if I was in her place since postgraduate courses are principally self-directed and she needs to latch onto a professor to be told what to research and what to focus on. She is lost without instant feedback and constant praise. Her dissertation was the closest she came to self-led study and research and she struggled so much with even picking a topic, then came out visibly unhappy with her result. And now all that will happen again in just three short terms - strap yourselves in!

(also it's now even more transparent and obvious that she only did her "traditional teaching job" for extra points on her CV and idk why but this made me lose even more respect for her)

Reactions: 27
Jade will absolutely be bothered. Any time she does anything good she goes 'From Oxford reject to xxx!' or 'If only Oxford could see me now!' and every results day she makes multiple posts about how she was rejected from Oxford. This will drive her insane, especially as I'm sure she sees herself as better than Ruby.

Reactions: 27
This morning Ruby posted a photo of a plant saying ‘the first bluebells of the season’ on her stories. However, they were not bluebells, they were hyacinths. It’s normal not to know it if you are not a plant person, but she was talking about an app to identify flowers and plants just yesterday and she didn’t bother to use it today because she is an AXXpert on nature apparently. She deleted the story half an hour later…

Reactions: 44
Not to diminish anyone’s achievements but it’s not nearly as hard to get into postgrad. I reckon both Jack and Jade would have a good chance if they tried.
Thriving is another matter…

Reactions: 17
Not to diminish anyone’s achievements but it’s not nearly as hard to get into postgrad. I reckon both Jack and Jade would have a good chance if they tried.
Jack Edwards has tried twice and still been rejected. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Reactions: 36
Jack was rejected several times for a Masters.

He made a video crying about it, did a bunch of entitled moaning that they didn't accept him even though he was an "author" (of a crappy glorified study pamphlet), had a podcast (which was terrible and died after a handful of episodes) and had achieved success on YouTube (by pretending to read a lot and ripping off other people's content).

At no point did he ever come close to shedding any light on why he actually wanted to study at Oxford, or at all, which probably shone through in his application.

Reactions: 30
poor Jack. Must be hard being that entitled. How dare they didn't accept him?

Reactions: 19
I don't see what interest Ruby has in manuscripts other than the aesthetic, or being honest, the early modern period as she is always been more Victorian/ Edwardian. I don't think that she has even ever spoke about being interested in this type of history /or literature. Could this explain the Latin learning? Do you think that she is going to be making Dark Academica fifteenth-century study routines? I know that she did an archive trip and she did make this whole thing about going to all the archives for her dissertation etc, but I thought that it would be normal English literature masters etc .

Oxford predictions anyone? How much will she or her hairline will regress?

Reactions: 16
He’s a white male from a middle class area which probs won’t have helped (controversial but true and I know there’s no interview but they could have known other ways through ethnicity tick boxes etc). Not defending him though, he’s an entitled nightmare and bet the place went to someone a million times more deserving. Not the case for Erimenthea…

Reactions: 6
I predict that her diet /lack of proper portions/ nutrition will get worse because she will be stressed and not at home.

Reactions: 7
I predict that her diet /lack of proper portions/ nutrition will get worse because she will be stressed and not at home.
And tbh I’ve heard Oxford encourages unhealthy study habits/study hours/focus on study which is probs even worse for someone prone to that

Reactions: 11
Really? I don’t think the fact that he is white/male/MC would have hindered his application whatsoever. Oxford is full of these types.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.