Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a bit of a tragedy. Even if you compare the video where she talks about changing from Philosophy and Theology to English Literature, you can see how much she developed in that first year of uni. Don't get me wrong, she was still pretentious and bordering on unbearable, but she was able to reflect that she was in denial after the Oxford rejection, and she looked and dressed more maturely. And that's even with her travelling back home quite often during her first year (although in my experience almost everyone travels back home for Halloween, Christmas, February half-term, and Easter in first year if they're a UK student, and then only for Christmas and Easter in the years after). If it weren't for Covid and she was forced to stick it out in Exeter, she might be living independently now with her own career.

Reactions: 23
It is a bit of a tragedy. Even if you compare the video where she talks about changing from Philosophy and Theology to English Literature, you can see how much she developed in that first year of uni. Don't get me wrong, she was still pretentious and bordering on unbearable, but she was able to reflect that she was in denial after the Oxford rejection, and she looked and dressed more maturely. And that's even with her travelling back home quite often during her first year (although in my experience almost everyone travels back home for Halloween, Christmas, February half-term, and Easter in first year if they're a UK student, and then only for Christmas and Easter in the years after). If it weren't for Covid and she was forced to stick it out in Exeter, she might be living independently now with her own career.
Even if you look at her routine videos from back then (incidentally that's how I discovered Ruby, the first video I ever saw of her was the "my entire life is planned" video) you can tell she was doing much better. She went to the gym regularly, went to class, had therapy sessions, met with friends and her sister, etc. You can really tell the difference with Ruby pre- and post- Covid.

Reactions: 28
why did she change her uni course to english lit? i can’t be bothered to watch her ramble on with the way she talks lol

Reactions: 1
why did she change her uni course to english lit? i can’t be bothered to watch her ramble on with the way she talks lol
She basically got rejected from Oxford to study English, got all petty and about it and decided if she couldn't study English, she didn't want to study it anywhere and applied for Philosophy/Theology at Exeter instead until she realised her mistake a year later.

She was at least somewhat honest back then about the Oxford rejection being the motivation for veering away from English out of some weird kind of spite, but I still recall her trying to blame her old teachers for telling her she'd be good at studying religion?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She basically got rejected from Oxford to study English, got all petty and about it and decided if she couldn't study English, she didn't want to study it anywhere and applied for Philosophy/Theology at Exeter instead until she realised her mistake a year later.

She was at least somewhat honest back then about the Oxford rejection being the motivation for veering away from English out of some weird kind of spite, but I still recall her trying to blame her old teachers for telling her she'd be good at studying religion?
Yeah, she brags that her English teachers were telling her to study English and her philosophy teachers were telling her to study philosophy. Such a gifted child prodigy! How could they put poor Ruby in this dilemma?

I'm actually wondering now if she'd have even switched courses if she hadn't got 52 or whatever in her first philosophy essay.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ruby on why she doesn't clean her room:
20230319_225834.jpg

Not only is Ruby not-like-other-girls, her dust is not-like-other-dust people! It's something special!
Also:
Apparently Ruby shows her mother how she feels about her by serving burnt-to-a-crisp pastries and a plate of banana slices?! Please, it is nasty.
Screenshot_20230319-225407_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Jeez her latest TikTok lol. Were the comments that bad on the cartoon face TikTok? I mean, its TikTok and she was doing the latest craze. She says the comments were majority negative. I disagree. I think she had more negative comments than usual...But again, its TikTok and she's a content creator lol.

Reactions: 6
Jeez her latest TikTok lol. Were the comments that bad on the cartoon face TikTok? I mean, its TikTok and she was doing the latest craze. She says the comments were majority negative. I disagree. I think she had more negative comments than usual...But again, its TikTok and she's a content creator lol.
I think she's so stuck in her YouTube bubble with people always kissing her ass that she finds it hard to believe that most people would find her content cringe and consider her a "pick me" lol. And trends like those are always met with a lot of hate anyway. It's not just her. The cartoon filter looks the same on everyone so the "main character" thing doesn't make sense at all.

Reactions: 16
Is a desire to do a Masters all it takes to get into Oxfo

Pretty weak ending but tbf it was also a pretty weak story. Thank you though for taking one for the team. You're braver than me. I hope you had some ethanol whilst reading.
I have been sober for 2 months so no ethanol for me but I feel like if the book went on for any longer I would have needed it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Do we have any kind of evidence at all that Roobert visits these threads?

Reactions: 1
She's never said she does outright or shown herself browsing here or anything. But there's been so many suspicious coincidences where very specific errors and things that have only been mentioned here have been quicky corrected or addressed in videos that I'd be shocked if she and/or her management weren't lurking here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She's never said she does outright or shown herself browsing here or anything. But there's been so many suspicious coincidences where very specific errors and things that have only been mentioned here have been quicky corrected or addressed in videos that I'd be shocked if she and/or her management weren't lurking here.
Yeah, I had a feeling along those lines. I noticed she has addressed things that we discuss. Not often, but occasionally I felt like some things she has said seem directed to or in answer to stuff said on here.

Reactions: 4
She doesn't seem to care that much about comments about not having a job? She hasn't leapt on her channel to explain how hard she works at it etc :)

Reactions: 6
I think she doesn't. When she was about to submit her creative writing project there was a huge misspelling in it (what a depacle!!) and we were discussing it here. If she had been reading here she would have corrected it.

Reactions: 7
I think she doesn't. When she was about to submit her creative writing project there was a huge misspelling in it (what a depacle!!) and we were discussing it here. If she had been reading here she would have corrected it.
She had probably turned it in by the time the video aired, so too late to correct whether she saw our comments or not.

Reactions: 9
That response video is just bafflingly stupid. Nothing says "I'm not bothered at all!" like making a video to tell people you're not bothered.

"I would navver johst delete videos just to stop nagative commants comming thryew." Ummm, yes, you would. You've done it many times, Rubert. You've also spent many a day and night deleting all remotely critical comments in your videos. Enough of the bullshit.

"It's okay to be different," she says, when discussing the latest of many videos where she awkwardly hops on a trend bandwagon to try to be just like everyone else.

"Oiy was bollied at school?" No, you weren't, Ruby. You made up some vague and wildly inconsistent stories about being bullied after reading a bunch of middle-grade bullying books while stealing content for your own half-assed bullying book. Then you used those fictional tales to get sympathy time and time again.

And here we are again, with Ruby conjuring stories of being bullied for being VARRY smart and not like other girls to get sympathy when responding to some of the tamest "negative" comments I've ever seen, so she'll get a flood of positive comments telling her to ignore all the bullies because she's perfect and special. If this is her idea of getting bullied, then it's just more proof that she never has been.

Yeah, I had a feeling along those lines. I noticed she has addressed things that we discuss. Not often, but occasionally I felt like some things she has said seem directed to or in answer to stuff said on here.
I seem remember a couple of instances where she was blurring incriminating stuff out of her video in real time based on Tattle comments, and it was stuff that there'd been no mention of in the YouTube comments. One of the videos, she went back numerous times to blur things as new things were being pointed out, to the point where she'd done multiple rounds of half-assed blurring and the whole video looked like tit.

It was embarrassingly dumb, not just because she made it incredibly obvious that she was lurking here, but because it just showed how little attention she pays when filming the crap she produces or while editing. She's so lazy that she'd rather just slap distracting blurs all over a sponsored segment in a paid video rather than properly put time into editing, or even just pull the video to properly correct it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I havent read the comments but the video was a bit "not like the other girls im so quirky" which does get peoples backs up a bit atm so I'm not shocked she got some mean comments

Reactions: 4
I havent read the comments but the video was a bit "not like the other girls im so quirky" which does get peoples backs up a bit atm so I'm not shocked she got some mean comments
I combed through the comments and there were very few negative comments and nothing that I'd consider "hate". And there were far more comments defending her from all the "haters". She 100 % posted the new video to get some gratuitious ass-kissing from her minions.

Reactions: 14
re: her Mother's Day post on ig. I hate it how every time she shows she enjoys some "privilege," she "acknowledges" how not everyone can be as lucky as herself which to me always feels so fake that it does nothing but further display her privileged status. As someone who actually has a dead mother, this post really doubly annoys me. Just celebrate your mother's Mother's Day. It's fine but end it there. If you just celebrate something I don't have, I may not immediately think of how I am non-privileged or lacking in some way. I literally would not be offended or upset. But when the second half of your celebration is a song and dance about how you are privileged because, for example, some people don't even have alive mothers or fathers or whatever, you ABSOLUTELY make those people think about their losses. And it is just the most meaningless, performative, and in my experience, very often, a cruel thing you can do whilst being "privileged."

ps.: I also think privilege is one of the most meaningless words there is, really. This idiot thinks she is privileged to be able to go to school, whereas that itself is a minor, innocuous part of her lifestyle. Her true privilege lies in the fact that she is just so very rich that she can afford to take 37 trips worldwide each year.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.