Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pardon me, but wtf is her mother doing in that Insta story picture? Is that sanitizer she is putting on, right over the food, so it will drip on it and she can eat it that way, or is it whipped cream that she plans to pour on her hand and then smear on the donut? Either way is pretty sus, imo.

Rugby has been collecting pictures on her Pinterest for "Nature Journaling", a new category for her. Be prepared for yet more awful artwork by her, shares with hopes of her child minions complimenting her, and her screwed up musings on nature. Maybe she forced her mother to bring her to Oxford to draw Oxfordian leaves, since they would be more Macademia to her than ones in her own back slum, I mean yard.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Maybe she's naive/stupid enough to believe following them will raise her chance of acceptance? I mean, it obviously won't, but Ruby also googled her tutor's academic research thinking it would make her teacher's professor's pet.
That wouldn't shock me at all, that or she got overly excited waiting for her decision and just started browsing and randomly following the ones she might get accepted by.

I think Ruby and her mummy also went on a similar pilgrimage to Oxford this time last year, too, complete with VARRY VEGAN DYONOTS.

Reactions: 12
Kimberly tells Ruby why she hates her - "you think that everyone in the world must love you as much as you love yourself and that you are just the most amazing person to ever grace the planet. Well guess what, Little Miss Pick-Me Parker, you're not. Nobody in our year likes you"
#IstandwithKimberly

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I feel like she might have gotten in! you get offered a place on the course and then colleges start considering you for postgrads.. she probably ranked Jesus or Mansfield first and is now following them :') It can take up to like 3 months after offer to get allocated a college so maybe she is waiting to announce her acceptance when she knows what college she will be at

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Maybe she's visiting the uni ahead of officially accepting the offer if she has managed to get a place? A lot of unis start running visit days (similar to open days but on a smaller scale) for prospective students who've been offered a place, in an attempt to get them to choose that uni/course over any others they applied to. I don't know if it's as common for postgrad courses as it is for undergrads, but food for thought.

Reactions: 6
A cow? I’m sure that’s the sentiment every mother wants on Mother’s Day.

A51D563D-BD36-465C-831E-B785F6B7402F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I believe that with the postgraduate degrees, you can put a first and a second college choice. Those two colleges might be her first and second choice. You hear later whether you've been placed there, or at another college entirely.

Reactions: 11
I think when Covid struck. She has always fairly insufferable but some of that could be put down to age. Whwn she went to uni, I noticed a massive change and it seemed like she was growing up and thriving. Unfortunately when she was sent home in lockdown, she regressed and it’s been a downwards spiral ever since. I’ve always had a soft spot for Ruby despite her various moronic and downright immoral choices, but recently I’ve stopped watching aside from this thread bc she annoys me too much.
The sad thing is that a lot of people had the opposite experience. They were so sick of being cooped up during lockdown, being isolated and bored, that many started to become more social once lockdown ended. I always thought I was an introvert but Covid taught me the importance of social connections and going out - and a lot of my mates felt the same way. You'd think lockdown would have taught Ruby that living at home can be stifling and encourages your mental health to get worse - I'm not sure why it's encouraged her to isolate herself even more.

Reactions: 14
The sad thing is that a lot of people had the opposite experience. They were so sick of being cooped up during lockdown, being isolated and bored, that many started to become more social once lockdown ended. I always thought I was an introvert but Covid taught me the importance of social connections and going out - and a lot of my mates felt the same way. You'd think lockdown would have taught Ruby that living at home can be stifling and encourages your mental health to get worse - I'm not sure why it's encouraged her to isolate herself even more.
Just to say being an introvert doesn’t mean you don’t need social connections. We ALL do because we genetically and physiologically programmed to need these to survive. How they look may just be different to how extroverts need connection.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think lockdown just gave her the excuse to do what she'd been wanting to do, which was stay at home in perpetuity. She obviously wasn't happy at university (which is why she would go home practically every weekend), but it did force her to go out and do things on occasion and be social and develop some meaningful connections - she did meet Blakeney, even though it's still unclear whether the extent of their friendship was purely transactional so Ruby could have someone to copy to secure a first and wouldn't be completely alone, or whether they actually had some things in common (probably a combination). The longer she's at home, the more she tends to regress and isolate. I think she's terrified of growing up and still has a lot of issues to work through and until she takes steps to fly the nest, nothing will change.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think lockdown just gave her the excuse to do what she'd been wanting to do, which was stay at home in perpetuity. She obviously wasn't happy at university (which is why she would go home practically every weekend), but it did force her to go out and do things on occasion and be social and develop some meaningful connections - she did meet Blakeney, even though it's still unclear whether the extent of their friendship was purely transactional so Ruby could have someone to copy to secure a first and wouldn't be completely alone, or whether they actually had some things in common (probably a combination). The longer she's at home, the more she tends to regress and isolate. I think she's terrified of growing up and still has a lot of issues to work through and until she takes steps to fly the nest, nothing will change.
I wonder if she's noticed her mental health has gone to tit, or if she's pretending it's all good.

Reactions: 1
Erimentha Parker - Epilogue - The final chapter

Plot -

- Ruby, Ella, Simone and someone called Melody are all picking apples and having a good time
- We find out that Simone had been bullied too, for having red hair so her and so after Ruby apologised to her about Kimberly bullying Ruby (I don't understand this either) Simone forgave her and they are friends now
- They all get excited over an extra big apple
- Ella gives Ruby a letter from Kimberly along with a book. In the letter Kimberly apologises to Ruby, saying she doesn't know why she did it. She says her mum thinks she did it because Kimberly was jealous of how smart and kind Ruby was and how she is so nice for not getting her expelled. She also talks about what a crap sister she has been to Ella but Ruby has been amazing.
- The story ends with Ruby going back to her list of "people who are similar to Erimentha Parker, which had nothing written next to Kimberly, and changing it to say "We both care about Ella".

So that is that, the end. Honestly it is a pretty week ending. Honestly Ruby had potential to have a really good ending where Kimberly realised she was jealous and Ruby realised that soetimes being a show of can atually make others feel inferior so it isn't best to rub it in everyones faces. But of course there is no way Erimentha or Ruby could be anything but perfect.

Thanks for putting up with these summaries, everyone :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Donut post makes it seem even more likely she has got in to me. If you’d just been rejected from your dream uni for like the 3rd time, I doubt you’d want to be anywhere near the place tbh.

Reactions: 17
Donut post makes it seem even more likely she has got in to me. If you’d just been rejected from your dream uni for like the 3rd time, I doubt you’d want to be anywhere near the place tbh.
I'm still crossing my fingers she didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
- We find out that Simone had been bullied too, for having red hair so her and so after Ruby apologised to her about Kimberly bullying Ruby (I don't understand this either) Simone forgave her and they are friends now
God, her brain must've been especially fried on the day she wrote this.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is a desire to do a Masters all it takes to get into Oxfo
Erimentha Parker - Epilogue - The final chapter

Plot -

- Ruby, Ella, Simone and someone called Melody are all picking apples and having a good time
- They all get excited over an extra big apple
- Ella gives Ruby a letter from Kimberly along with a book. In the letter Kimberly apologises to Ruby, saying she doesn't know why she did it. She says her mum thinks she did it because Kimberly was jealous of how smart and kind Ruby was and how she is so nice for not getting her expelled. She also talks about what a crap sister she has been to Ella but Ruby has been amazing.
- The story ends with Ruby going back to her list of "people who are similar to Erimentha Parker, which had nothing written next to Kimberly, and changing it to say "We both care about Ella".

So that is that, the end. Honestly it is a pretty week ending. Honestly Ruby had potential to have a really good ending where Kimberly realised she was jealous and Ruby realised that soetimes being a show of can atually make others feel inferior so it isn't best to rub it in everyones faces. But of course there is no way Erimentha or Ruby could be anything but perfect.

Thanks for putting up with these summaries, everyone :)
Pretty weak ending but tbf it was also a pretty weak story. Thank you though for taking one for the team. You're braver than me. I hope you had some ethanol whilst reading.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, I've always believed this was the case.

Covid was her golden ticket to run home and be a child again. So she ramped up the crocodile tears and bad acting to cry about how anxious she was about Covid and her JARMAPHYOBIA and how unsafe she felt, then as soon as she was back with mummy she was conspicuously ignoring all Covid safety rules (and basic hygiene) at every opportunity. The pandemic wasn't the problem for her, it was the solution.

She didn't have to move back home and she could've stayed in her uni house during lockdown. Blakeney stayed at uni because she was paying rent and presumably couldn't afford to just eat the cost of that like Ruby can, making it especially crappy when Ruby bailed to run home after a week rather than stay and support her "basst frand". She just wanted to be at home playing childhood make-believe again, and that fixation on childhood and never growing up is the root cause of her worst problems.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.