Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If her next video is titled 'university is keeping us from learning' with her VARRY SYARIOSS face in the thumbnail and lots of rambling nonsense about how university isn't worth it and WEE SHUD AWL LAHHRN FOR OURSALVES BECAUSE THE ADDJUKAYSHONAL SYSTEM DOESN'T APPRECIATE US, we'll know what's up.
I want this now, with a HOW DAHHH YOU! thrown in

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just can't imagine Roobs at the petrol station filling up a car 😂
As someone who works in a petrol station, you have made me snort very loudly. I'll be on the look out for Ruby fulling up a car if she comes up to Scotland again!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If her next video is titled 'university is keeping us from learning' with her VARRY SYARIOSS face in the thumbnail and lots of rambling nonsense about how university isn't worth it and WEE SHUD AWL LAHHRN FOR OURSALVES BECAUSE THE ADDJUKAYSHONAL SYSTEM DOESN'T APPRECIATE US, we'll know what's up.
Can't wait for her to try to convince people that "lahhrning for the sake of lahhrning" is ackshually much more rewarding!!! She used to be so focused on the grades she forgot what joy it was to sit in her bedroom all day, writing down latin verbs with no tangible goal in sight! Dahhk acadaymia is, after all, truly just about the passion for knowledge and how institutions can kill it!!! There is so much more to be gained from slow-living-countryside-dwelling-childhood-reliving charm of slow stoddying how to read and write! She's so happy! Janyuinely!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I don't even know why she would be learning Latin other than to appear smart and for the Dark academia aesthetic. Admittedly, I do a bit of Latin here and there but I study early modern history and I have a use for it. I don't know if she likes learning, I think she only likes it to fill in the gaps of her day to justify staying at home, as it looks a bit more socially acceptable to stay at home if you are studying. Plus the studying gives her reasons not to go out and it's an excuse for her to stay shut up in her room all day

Reactions: 12
what are her parents jobs? also - is she not friends with the girls she lived in during uni with? (sorry if this is wrong i don’t watch her videos that much anymore and i can’t really remember if she lived with just one girl or two - all i remember is the video where she was complaining about loud noises in a student accom)

Reactions: 1
what are her parents jobs? also - is she not friends with the girls she lived in during uni with? (sorry if this is wrong i don’t watch her videos that much anymore and i can’t really remember if she lived with just one girl or two - all i remember is the video where she was complaining about loud noises in a student accom)
Her dad works in finance as an options broker hiding most of his cash in off-shore tax havens.

Her mum doesn't work. She rings into her friend's radio station every two weeks, but beyond that, she does nothing.

Everyone at uni got the hell away from Ruby at the first opportunity as soon as they weren't living with her. Sacha seems to have popped up here and there while Ruby was still at uni, but that was likely because she was Blakeney's friend and Ruby attached herself to Blakeney like a barnacle.

Reactions: 18
Can someone fill me in? I fear I've missed a chapter in the rubee-verse
Ruby's mum claims she's a volunteer radio show host. Much like Ruby and her wildly embellised roles and accomplishments, she's just a call-in guest for her friend's morning arts and entertainment show on community radio station Marlow FM.

For some reason I thought it was fortnightly, but on second glance it's on the second Friday of every month from 10am-12pm, so once a month for two hours. Tireless work indeed!

The station archives their shows on their website, so you can search and find some if you're tremendously bored. I tried listening to one once out of curiosity and it was an excruciating experience - Mummy Bones mentioned her wonderful daughter almost immediately, namedropped Waterstones because of course, and then yammered the same hollow, suspiciously vague tripe about books she'd "read" as Ruby does.

I don't even know why she would be learning Latin other than to appear smart and for the Dark academia aesthetic. Admittedly, I do a bit of Latin here and there but I study early modern history and I have a use for it. I don't know if she likes learning, I think she only likes it to fill in the gaps of her day to justify staying at home, as it looks a bit more socially acceptable to stay at home if you are studying. Plus the studying gives her reasons not to go out and it's an excuse for her to stay shut up in her room all day
For Ruby it's purely for the aesthetic and the fact that she can hold it over peoples heads.

"O0oH I StUDy laTIn f0r ThE SaKe 0f LeARnInG" Yeah ok Rubert sit down.

She did the same thing with her morning bible readings a few months ago. A couple videos back (morning routine #763) she started The Book of Genesis because she wanted to read through the entire bible because she wanted to further understand biblical literary references and pointed out how culturally important it was/is (both of which are very Eurocentric ways of viewing it Roobee but I digress). Ruby wouldn't be caught dead studying subject matters that weren't worthy/advanced/prestigious enough and most importantly must fit into the dark macadamia aesthetic.

A bit OT but Ruby is apparently reading Babel (I know some have touched on this in the threads and I wanted to add to it). Her reading Babel is absolutely hilarious because she is going to view it as this amazing dark academia book which I guess it is in a way but it goes so much deeper than that. There is so much in Babel to unpack and it just skims the surface of the dangers of dark academia, elitism, colonialism, etc. But unfortunately all of that would go right over Rubys head and she would see it as nothing more than her dream life of studying at Oxford. Ruby is the (less intelligent) epitome of the character Letty and people like Letty who exist in todays world. Ugh if anyone has read Babel I would love chat because there's just so much to say but I'll leave it there for now.

Reactions: 9
my guess: something about time and books oh and sleeping
True to form this must have been recorded a long time ago. Unfortunately because she had those bedsheets on for 3 months we can’t pin-point it any more specifically than September- December.

• Haha
my guess: something about time and books oh and sleeping
It’ll be a night routine, it’s been four entire months since the last one
---
This just in - Rootabaga thinks ”sleep hygiene” means taking a shower and doing skincare before bed 😂
---
Also, skincare is a placebo effect 😂😂😂 Apparently washing your face does nothing, it just feels nice. You could just as well leave your factor 50 suncream (also skincare, therefore pure placebo) on your face indefinitely.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It's amazing what a cosmic shift such as working 3 days a week (was it for four hours per day?) will do, especially when you're not meeting your nutritional requirements.

I winced when she said that she thinks skincare is mostly a placebo effect. As someone whose skin was drastically improved from a solid skincare routine, I'm gonna have to call bs on that one Roobs

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.