Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she spoke about living in the cottage once she had left university, but that was years ago and she was a lot more mature back then than she is now. I think she would be staying at home until her parents basically kick her out. I don't see her deciding to live on her own, not at the moment. Or if she did, I think that she would be at home a lot just 'visiting,' her family as she can't be on her own, and it's the middle of nowhere, so she'll be needing lifts ect/
Realistically I don’t think Ruby can live in the cottage as she doesn’t drive. It’s in a rural village that probably doesn’t have any good transport links. She would probably have to rely on her parents to drive her to do a proper food shop or for a lift to the train station and stuff like that. Living there would leave her even more isolated than she currently is.
So why hasn’t Ruby learned to drive? I assume she has some kind of mental block or anxiety around it.

Does anyone else remember when Ruby had to get therapy (she was around 17-18) because she was scared to be alone in the house? When her mum would go out to run an errand, Ruby was too afraid to be home alone and would have to go with her. She got therapy for this before she went to university but it’s possible she’s fallen back into this habit.

Tbh I don’t think it’s weird that Ruby lives at home. It’s not unusual for people to live with their parents in most cultures and her cottage mortgage might be huge so renting it out might be the best option. The weird thing is that she has 0 independence - no car, no job, not even an adult social life. If she was coming and going from her parents house like an adult it would be fine imo. She needs serious help.

Reactions: 25
There was a news story in Finland last week about a 40-year-old woman who had been posing as a 13-year-old at a parish afternoon club. She wasn't prosecuted as apparently it was determined she had no sinister intentions, but Roobee definitely sprang to mind.
I could see ruby doing that and not even understanding why it would be an Issue

Reactions: 3
Her "poetry" consists of listing colours and stating the obvious (seagulls fly, the wind makes things move), with a sprinkling of made-up words to make her feel like she's being an extra creative girl genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Didn't Erimentha Parker have a single bed so she could sleep as straight as a pencil and told off her brother for sleeping in a starfish position... Ruby is larping as her own character
Please tell me she didn't actually write that in her "book". Please.

Reactions: 9
Please tell me she didn't actually write that in her "book". Please.
"I don't seem to take up much room when I sleep; either I curl up in a ball or lay with my hands by my sides, as straight as a 2B pencil" 😭😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
If you have to explain it, it's bad writing. But also if she'd stylised it 'magenta-green' then the reader gets the idea that it's a hybrid of the two rather than magenta being a direct descriptor for green.

Also if you have this image and idea of opposite colours blending etc, why not explore that and find a way to convey the image to the reader in your words, since she LOVS WROITING so much? Spoiler: because she doesn't love writing, she wants to churn out a mangled ten to twelve words, call it poetry and act like she's better than everyone else :rolleyes:

Reactions: 16
Don't forget her yellow rain hat 😂
And the beret that looked like a chef's hat. 😂

''OBVIOUSLY!'' Omg, insufferable.
---
If you have to explain it, it's bad writing. But also if she'd stylised it 'magenta-green' then the reader gets the idea that it's a hybrid of the two rather than magenta being a direct descriptor for green.
Exactly. I know what she means about buds being green + pink, but she didn't make that clear in the writing, then acts as though it's the reader's fault for not understanding. Typical Ruby.

Reactions: 13
How long exactly is her "gap year"??
I know it feels like it’s been going on for about 40 years, but it’s only been 7 months since her graduation 😂 Oxford term starts in October, so we still have a ways to go… provided they don’t reject her yet again. If they do, god only knows when and how the eternal gap yahh of the brainless brain will end.

Reactions: 20
Since when are pink and green opposites?
I think the little brat is talking about on the colour wheel. But actually red is opposite to green.
She doesn't understand that if one has to explain their imaginative language, it hasn't worked. Its not creative, its just plain stupid lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think the little brat is talking about on the colour wheel. But actually red is opposite to green.
She doesn't understand that if one has to explain their imaginative language, it hasn't worked. Its not creative, its just plain stupid lol
This has sent me into orbit 😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.