Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on a minute secondary school students are between the ages of 11 to 16 so why is the giveaway only open to students 16+.
What +16 year old would want to embarass themselves handing out Roobee’s crappy planners to the whole class. Let alone any teacher! I guess Ruby just wishes other people were bullied too.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What +16 year old would want to embarass themselves handing out Roobee’s crappy planners to the whole class. Let alone any teacher
Yeah it is very obvious that nobody wants her planner so she is doing several giveaways to get rid of as many as she possibly can, but she can't even give them away as nobody is responding to her Instagram posts about the planner.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Welp, Jack Edwards is shutting down his stationery company. Ponky Poddifee won’t be far behind. My guess is, Sixteenth were tied in a five-year contract with whatever miserable shed these planners come out of.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Welp, Jack Edwards is shutting down his stationery company. Ponky Poddifee won’t be far behind. My guess is, Sixteenth were tied in a five-year contract with whatever miserable shed these planners come out of.
Oh no! That's one less thing for her to shoehorn into her vlogs to fake prove how prodocktive she is! Whatavver will she dyoo?!

And unlike Jack, she never even got a Waterstones partnership out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
For her age group, those who use planners have usually upgraded to something nicer and more personal, and certainly nothing of a studying theme. They have graduated, gone on to working full time, making careers, moving out, some even are married and raising their first kid. Not saying everyone. 22, almost 23, is still very young for marriage and kids, but many do marry right out of uni. At any rate, I started getting prettier planners at B&N and then moved on to an Erin Condren planner, so I could have a customized cover. I order stickers from around the world, including Happy Planner stickers, and I need blocks for morning, afternoon and evening to plan things out, but not specific hours. Life rarely works that way as an adult. You need to be flexible and not restrained by an hourly schedule to be filled in. You need to be able to really personalize it for your lifestyle, not her imaginary one. You want something with an attractive colour or design. After all, you are going to be looking at it on a daily basis, possibly having it sitting on your desk at work, etc.. I have never understood the attraction of her planners at all when every book or stationary store offers something nicer, not to mention all the choices on the internet. They look so plain and cheap to me.

Reactions: 14
Given that Ruby is so keen to be a writer (apparently the entire purpose of her gap year) is anyone else a bit surprised that she has not given any sign of entering any writing competitions? Like those for short stories etc. I imagine they can be amazing for raising your profile and for your CV if approaching publishers. There are even some competitions exclusively for young writers (under 25 yr old) and The Bath Novel Awards has a special category for children's books that would have been perfect for her Lottie Parton book.

Reactions: 16
Ehh I see where you’re coming from but I’m a writer (in a more serious way than Ruby is, anyway) and those competitions just aren’t for everybody. Sometimes the rules to any given one are too restrictive, they don’t fit your own personal style, and sometimes you just don’t want to take time away from your chosen product to write and polish something that’s not a priority and might not even win. Personally I never enter them because short stories aren’t my thing, either, which just makes the whole thing more of a ball ache than it would already be for the reasons above. They don’t seem to be her thing either. I don’t know many in my writing circles who do bother with them unless it’s a friend of theirs with a big IG following running it and they want to be supportive. I know for a lot of people I know, too, the cost of entering isn’t worth it these days.

Although cost isn’t a big factor in Ruby’s case. I also doubt she’d be able to handle not winning, and it sounds like she’s starting to recognise that she probably wouldn’t win based on how things are going lately.

Reactions: 12
Given that Ruby is so keen to be a writer (apparently the entire purpose of her gap year) is anyone else a bit surprised that she has not given any sign of entering any writing competitions? Like those for short stories etc. I imagine they can be amazing for raising your profile and for your CV if approaching publishers. There are even some competitions exclusively for young writers (under 25 yr old) and The Bath Novel Awards has a special category for children's books that would have been perfect for her Lottie Parton book.
She has entered a bunch of competitions and submitted writing to various magazines. Some of the entry pages were seen in vlogs, etc. She even attended one of the writing competition awards shows she submitted to, apparently expecting to win, but didn't even get a runner up mention. Unsurprisingly she seems to have stopped after that.

She seemingly hasn't had any success, which isn't surprising given the quality of writing she's shown. Her writing is hilariously bad. Her stories are derivative at best, plagiarised at worst and she's not remotely interested in improving.

She just wants/expects instant success, accolades and the kind of income that only 1% of published writers see, all for crapping out recycled YA bullying stories about a gifted girl being tormented for being the smartest child who ever lived, or AMMILY DICKINSUN ripoff poetry about the weather and seagulls. It's not going to happen.

Reactions: 23
If she wants to make money out of planners and lists etc, she really ought to know that digital is the present and future. I personally just use Google because I can sync my calendar with certain people, it sends me reminders and also syncs with other apps e.g my online bookings with doctors, beautician etc. Maybe she could come up with something more 'aesthetic'?

Reactions: 3
I have never understood the attraction of her planners at all when every book or stationary store offers something nicer, not to mention all the choices on the internet. They look so plain and cheap to me.
I'd rather spend my money on an actual pumpkin.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her recent reads. The crap Hunger Games prequel gets the same rating as Brothers Karamazov (did not contain as many brothers as I thought it would, 4 stars). Tuesdays with Morrie, of which someone on gr says ”it was like stapling together 80 greeting cards and reading them straight through,” gets 5 stars.

076F9C82-7A15-4E3A-8AC2-F20FDEEBB9CB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Her recent reads. The crap Hunger Games prequel gets the same rating as Brothers Karamazov (did not contain as many brothers as I thought it would, 4 stars). Tuesdays with Morrie, of which someone on gr says ”it was like stapling together 80 greeting cards and reading them straight through,” gets 5 stars.
I find it hilarious that she painfully shoved her reading of Brothers Karamazov down everyone's throat to appear intelligent yet took ages to read it. But for the hunger games book (which is a pretty long book as well...over 500 pages) she just adds to her goodreads with no indication of her actually reading it the last however long. She just has to up her book/page count for goodreads.

She probably rated Tusedays with Morrie 5 stars because of all the ✨️kINdNesS✨️ in it. It's a good book but not a 5 star literary masterpiece in my opinion.

Reactions: 19
I find it hilarious that she painfully shoved her reading of Brothers Karamazov down everyone's throat to appear intelligent yet took ages to read it. But for the hunger games book (which is a pretty long book as well...over 500 pages) she just adds to her goodreads with no indication of her actually reading it the last however long. She just has to up her book/page count for goodreads.

She probably rated Tusedays with Morrie 5 stars because of all the ✨️kINdNesS✨️ in it. It's a good book but not a 5 star literary masterpiece in my opinion.
To be fair, 500 pages of Dostoevsky is not quite as quick of a read as 500 pages of something aimed at teenagers.

Reactions: 24
I absolutely hated Tuesdays with Morrie, the writer constantly makes everything about himself vs a dying man. But it definitely strikes me as the kind of thing Ruby would lap up.

Reactions: 9
If I had her time and money, I'd love to apply for a writer's residence program. A friend got to do it in Brussels and she got a lot of writing done for her now published book, in addition to meeting other writers and staying in a nice cottage. Then again, if I had her time and money, I'd just go live in the nice cottage that I actually own. :rolleyes:

Her hair is getting on my nerves more than it should. Has she ever been to a trained stylist or has her mum been cutting her hair all along?

Reactions: 20
[/QUOTE].
Her hair is getting on my nerves more than it should. Has she ever been to a trained stylist or has her mum been cutting her hair all along?
[/QUOTE].

I'm oddly bothered by her hair more than I should be and I always have the urge to cut it when I see her. I think its just because it looks so scraggly and so dry- and that is without the aggressive hair-brushing ASMR that she decides to put in her videos. There is so many split ends as well. There is a video of her getting a haircut in September 2020 and her mum is cutting her hair to get rid of the dead ends and she is making such a big fuss of getting that done. I think her mum must cut her hair at most but I think she goes ages without a haircut, I'm getting that impression from the state of her hair now. I think that she is under the impression that long hair makes her look a lot more youthful but it looks so messy, it would look better if she did take care of it more. Also, her hairline keeps going back all the time at the moment, seeing her hair in old videos has been very interesting.

I've been watching her old university vlogs from her first year and she comes off as so much more mature than she is now. She also seems a lot more sociable compared to her 'introverted,' self (you can be sociable and be an introvert of course). There is different people in the vlogs and when she moved into uni for her first year, she mentioned that she was approaching people and saying hello to them and tried to be sociable, so I'm wondering what happened between then and now. The friends who appear in these videos never appear or mentioned so I'm wondering what happened.

I've also been watching her short films such as 'What is is like to have no friends,' and she displays an interesting choice in acting to say, especially with strange facial expressions and one scene when she is sitting in a bathtub. I also find it amazing how her parents are wiling to act in her films as mine would have no interest in doing that at all. I'm not sure if it would be worth for Gossip Guy to watch and give us their thoughts on this masterpiece?

Reactions: 17
I'm not sure if it would be worth for Gossip Guy to watch and give us their thoughts on this masterpiece?

Enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
it's a good thing that I don't make videos (of myself) because I haven't had a hair cut since August 2021. 😃 But I'll go get a cut soon. Can't start working in an office with that hair cut I have right now, if you can call it a hair cut. My hair is just ... fine and straight and boring. Not even wavy! But as a lazy person I don't want some fancy cut which needs to be redone every few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.