Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her mum's the same way: Presents herself as a hard-working parent juggling a job and raising kids, when her kids are adults and her "job" is calling into her friend's radio show which runs for 2 hours every two weeks.
I wonder if Daddy Bones ever gets annoyed at the rest of his family. He brings in all the money and his wife and daughters don't do anything but sit on their butts and spend it.

Reactions: 15
I agree with your entire post but want to touch on your point of hard work. Ruby (and her family) strike me as the kind of people that would blame the poor for being poor...that poor people just don't try/work hard enough.

MEANWHILE Ruby is just the perfect example of a lazy rich person. Rich people love to criticize the poor for not doing x y & z but then you look at someone like Ruby and think "well what the hell is she doing?" and the answer is nothing. She has all the opportunities in the world and she does duck all. She can't work hard because she doesn't even work...3 days a week for 3 hours a day at your old school is not work...its a hobby or some weird pretend school fantasy Ruby can't let go of. Yeah she went to uni and graduated and while that does take work you have hundreds of thousands of other young adults who graduated just like Ruby but also worked part/full time, took care of their families, had a social life, had a partner, traveled, volunteered, bettered themselves, did relevant job experience, the list goes on and on.

My point is that Ruby is a lazy rich person who puts on this front of being so hardworking and so intelligent when she just isn't. I would love to see her work a 40 hour work week, pay rent/mortgage, buy groceries, cook, clean and maintain a house without her parents help/presence. She would crumble and that fact that she would fail is pathetic.
Thank you for your response to my post. I'd like to say I agree with all you said. Ruby Lazy Bones is a member of the idle rich. She wasted her gap year opportunity and my already poor opinion of her has reduced further still. Not sure I have any respect for her at all. Maybe in the past I did because she did, at least, get a YT channel up and running. Her YT channel has evolved no more than her. It is older but no wiser and is very child-like.

Reactions: 19
I think that Ruby's gestures are kind of artificial? Idk I'm Italian so moving your hands as you speak is normal for me (I do it even when I'm talking on the phone or talking to myself lol) but you can tell when someone does it all the time vs when someone is doing it to put on a performance. You see it with actors and other Youtubers as well.
I agree. Ruby only does this to seem passionate about the drivel she spews out but it's so fake, she picked it up from Holly Gabrielle I think because The Claw definitely wasn't a thing before.

I'm mediterranean, we also speak with our hands and there is an ease that comes from repetition and muscle memory when people gesticulate often naturally. Ruby's is just forced and awkward.

Reactions: 7
I agree. Ruby only does this to seem passionate about the drivel she spews out but it's so fake, she picked it up from Holly Gabrielle I think because The Claw definitely wasn't a thing before.

I'm mediterranean, we also speak with our hands and there is an ease that comes from repetition and muscle memory when people gesticulate often naturally. Ruby's is just forced and awkward.
I'm not sure about my culture but as someone with ADHD I find it more comfortable to talk with my hands, idk if anyone else feels the same but it helps me focus and streamline my thoughts in a way (in work meetings I'll usually be writing or have a pen in hand to help me) but my hand movements don't consist of a claw 😂 that feels uncomfortable and forced

Ruby really is annoying when she's like I don't understand how anyone could not like xyz and it's like maybe if you lived the life the rest of us were living you'd understand but no stay in your mouldy bedroom and prance around your acres of land talking about how wonderful the world is and how us regular folk are blind to it's beauty

Reactions: 4
She wasted her gap year opportunity and my already poor opinion of her has reduced further still.
I see people travel mostly in gap years, what is expected to accomplish other than that in gap years? For Rubys case i guess book could have been in order but what else could be done? (I am asking because I want to learn people's ideas please dont think i defend Rubys laziness)

Reactions: 4
I see people travel mostly in gap years, what is expected to accomplish other than that in gap years? For Rubys case i guess book could have been in order but what else could be done? (I am asking because I want to learn people's ideas please dont think i defend Rubys laziness)
I think the intent is to gain some perspective, broaden their horizons and gain some life experience in a gap year. Travelling is the go-to way to do that, but some people might get a proper job for a year.

Ruby technically travelled and technically got a job, but she did the absolute bare minimum and I don't think she gained any new perspective or grew as a person from it in any way. She was still very much in her usual bubble of pampered privilege. There was a lot she could've done to grow and improve in that year, but she squandered it.

She went to France with her family, Italy with her family, Scotland with Mummy. She went to Boston by herself, which was the closest thing to progress, but then cocooned herself in her hotel room for the whole time out of fear.

It was also a trip centred entirely around her very fake interests - she doesn't read and there's no evidence that she has any genuine passion for literature, but she went on a £2,000+ trip devoted to "being a bookwaaahrm". She did what she claims was "volunteer wahhrk", but it was a role she got purely because of her influencer following and it was essentially getting paid with free tours to do nothing for a few days and lie about the nature of it. Nothing new there.

She got her first ever job, but it's one she only got through nepotism. No other school would've hired her but the one where her daddy sunk a shitload of money and where Ruby has clung to the staff for years to keep a tether there. 3 hours every few days after starting halfway through the school year is not work. It's very clearly a nepo-job that she only went for as a very desperate, last-minute attempt to pad her CV with one example of a "real job" before her Masters application was due.

She also went into the gap year with her one goal being to get a publishing deal and a book on shelves, which shows a huge sense of entitlement and a misunderstanding of how the publishing industry works. And, again, it's more of her fake interest: She has no interest in writing and merely cannibalised other books in a very commercial genre to get a crappy draft finished in hopes of a quick and easy sale. And she gave up at the first taste of rejection rather than persevere and improve.

She was never really outside her comfort zone or doing anything genuine. She should've spent this year taking a step away from YouTube to figure out who she is and what she actually enjoys when she strips away all the fake interests and performative affectations. She should've returned to therapy and worked on her deep-seated childhood fixation and fear of growing up. She could've learned to drive, which would've given her some independence. She could've moved into her cottage. She could've gotten a job that wasn't secured through nepotism and would put her in daily contact with people completely unlike herself. She could've learned to improve at any of the number of core skills that she's absolutely atrocious at, like filming and editing. Instead she just spent the year festering in her room, clinging to mummy and doing all the same tit as usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sometimes, life is magical, and the title of your video states exactly how you feel about the ad that comes before it...
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 14.32.53.png

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Sometimes, life is magical, and the title of your video states exactly how you feel about the ad that comes before it...View attachment 1954616
Don't click away from these, it's a golden opportunity to let a company know that you're not impressed with the quality of her videos and it will not encourage you to use their platform or products.

Reactions: 10
Judging by her latest Instagram story, she's learning Latin prepositions and verbs. I'm guessing this is another ephemeral dark macademia interest. She only cares about shoehorning random Latin phrases in casual conversations to show how smart she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Is no one going to talk about her absolutely twisted TikTok of how she sees visually sees the year? lmao. WTF is she talking about? No wonder her head is in the clouds and her feet are on backwards. She thinks she is being clever, but even to her followers she is just coming across as completely unhinged! The drawing of her year and the months. I showed it to my husband and he was like wtf does this mean? I said "Exactly." Ruby, summarized in 60 seconds. lol Chaotic mind, mass confusion, not even beating to her own drum. Her drum is back in that gap between August and September. She even forgot to call it pre-autumnal! Apparently during that time she is just in limbo!

Reactions: 9
I don't keep up with Ruby much anymore so sorry if it's been talked about, but I was wondering, she keeps talking about her 'job' at her old school but surely it's just volunteering? What paying job could she be doing in a school with no teacher training?

Reactions: 5
Is no one going to talk about her absolutely twisted TikTok of how she sees visually sees the year? lmao. WTF is she talking about? No wonder her head is in the clouds and her feet are on backwards. She thinks she is being clever, but even to her followers she is just coming across as completely unhinged! The drawing of her year and the months. I showed it to my husband and he was like wtf does this mean? I said "Exactly." Ruby, summarized in 60 seconds. lol Chaotic mind, mass confusion, not even beating to her own drum. Her drum is back in that gap between August and September. She even forgot to call it pre-autumnal! Apparently during that time she is just in limbo!
I figured it was just another ”lOoK h0w qUiRkY aNd N0t LyK 0ThEr GiRlS i aM” thing, I see the year in a very specific way too but I know it’s 1) completely specific to me, 2) impossible to explain in a way that would actually enable someone to fully grasp what I’m trying to say, and 3) frankly, utterly uninteresting to anyone else. We’re all bleeping unique inside our brains, Roobee, it’s not just you.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't keep up with Ruby much anymore so sorry if it's been talked about, but I was wondering, she keeps talking about her 'job' at her old school but surely it's just volunteering? What paying job could she be doing in a school with no teacher training?
Private schools in the UK can hire untrained/unqualified teaching staff. The school Ruby went to seems to accept a BA degree as a "good enough" qualification to be part of the teaching staff with no further experience needed. They still probably opt to hire people with some amount of experience and training for their full-time teachers, but Ruby is a prime example of the quality of education coming out of that place, so who knows.

From everything Ruby's shown (and since deleted), she's a (very) part-time classroom assistant and her actual responsibilities are minimal (she's doing things like making flash cards and posters), but she's doing her usual trick of being very coy, embellishing her involvement and refusing to actually talk about her role so that her fans will assume she's an actual teacher.

Reactions: 12
She’s getting lazy, I don’t like this reel format? It’s too short and removes all the cosy chillness and atmosphere, it’s just a clip

Judging by her latest Instagram story, she's learning Latin prepositions and verbs. I'm guessing this is another ephemeral dark macademia interest. She only cares about shoehorning random Latin phrases in casual conversations to show how smart she is.
"learning Latin prepositions and verbs" i.e. she's googling a bunch of Latin phrases to use them out of context in every other meaningless sentence lmao.

I long for the day she'll pull these cheap teacher's pet tricks to actually well educated, well read and smart people in person and be read to filth in return. Life is less forgiving when you can't delete a comment that's said to your face Roobers.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
what does she mean with "solo studying"? I've heard of "solo traveling" but "solo studying"?! is it a fancier term for studying by yourself...? does she think "solo studying" means studying without having to study for school/university?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
what does she mean with "solo studying"? I've heard of "solo traveling" but "solo studying"?! is it a fancier term for studying by yourself...? does she think "solo studying" means studying without having to study for school/university?
Well, Ruby's definition of a "solo trip" is "a trip where mummy is also in the car", so I'm assuming "solo studying" is "pretending to still be in school while mummy stands by the bedroom door to shout words of encouragement".

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Private schools in the UK can hire untrained/unqualified teaching staff. The school Ruby went to seems to accept a BA degree as a "good enough" qualification to be part of the teaching staff with no further experience needed. They still probably opt to hire people with some amount of experience and training for their full-time teachers, but Ruby is a prime example of the quality of education coming out of that place, so who knows.

From everything Ruby's shown (and since deleted), she's a (very) part-time classroom assistant and her actual responsibilities are minimal (she's doing things like making flash cards and posters), but she's doing her usual trick of being very coy, embellishing her involvement and refusing to actually talk about her role so that her fans will assume she's an actual teacher.
That's so weird, people pay to send their children to schools where the staff can be unqualified??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.