Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that because of her privilege or the crappy influencer behaviour? I feel sorry for Ruby sometimes, but usually that ends when she does something thoughtless or greedy (someone tell her she doesn't need to accept every sponsorship going). The feeling of sympathy comes from concern about her mental health, and the fact she seems to have genuine social difficulties and anxiety. Having money or a supportive family doesn't mean someone's immune from mental health problems & that's the area where I feel sympathetic. The other stuff...not so much.
Honestly both. I used to have a lot of sympathy for her before she left university, but since leaving it has just been so frustrating to see her do absolutely duck all with her life. She has had every educational opportunity thrown at her and could be doing really well for herself right now but instead she’s just mucking about writing weird insta captions about autumn to get praise from her child followers? It’s so odd and her antics yday really were the final nail in the coffin for me, she is absolutely blind to her privilege and it’s just really hard for me to have sympathy for someone like that.
I agree re mental health issues, they’re really tit to have but at the end of the day she absolutely has the means to pay for private treatment. She doesn’t have to drag her arse out of bed everyday to go and work some tit pay job, she can afford as many private therapy sessions as she wants, yet she doesn’t seem to be doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Honestly both. I used to have a lot of sympathy for her before she left university, but since leaving it has just been so frustrating to see her do absolutely duck all with her life. She has had every educational opportunity thrown at her and could be doing really well for herself right now but instead she’s just mucking about writing weird insta captions about autumn to get praise from her child followers? It’s so odd and her antics yday really were the final nail in the coffin for me, she is absolutely blind to her privilege and it’s just really hard for me to have sympathy for someone like that.
I agree re mental health issues, they’re really tit to have but at the end of the day she absolutely has the means to pay for private treatment. She doesn’t have to drag her arse out of bed everyday to go and work some tit pay job, she can afford as many private therapy sessions as she wants, yet she doesn’t seem to be doing so.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from with that. People still need to take some responsibility for their actions, mental health problem or not. It was frustrating to see her ditch therapy during uni when imo it would have been way more beneficial than any academic success. I wonder if Ruby (and her family) view her behaviour as totally normal and not problematic? For all her talk of mental health I think she lacks self-awareness and won't accept help. From her posts, Ruby finds it hard to admit she's not an expert in everything.

Reactions: 11
I have little sympathy as she’s just been shielded from life and her reasoning for not doing what she perceives ‘normal’ things is that she doesn’t fit in. The one thing that would benefit her is having to get some form of customer facing job role, and effectively being a cog in a machine at a company and having to just deal with customers as and when they come.

Reactions: 8
She’s inspiring her fans to write like her (I covered up the name, but this person often comments on Roobee’s content - my analysis is that they own a thesaurus but not a dictionary lol)

49E1C6E2-704B-49C5-8D45-AE9896D44668.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
She could easily donate £100 / month to a charity who are equipped to support homeless and struggling people/families.
Are you kidding ? Helping these people who probably are in the streets because they didn't study for 14h per day ? Don't wear Miss Patina ? Aren't vegans and will eat any not cruelty free meal ? Or who don't follow her on youtube and buy kindness journals in her shop ?

Reactions: 14
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from with that. People still need to take some responsibility for their actions, mental health problem or not. It was frustrating to see her ditch therapy during uni when imo it would be way more beneficial than any academic success. I wonder if Ruby (and her family) view her behaviour as totally normal and not problematic? For all her talk of mental health, I think she lacks self-awareness and won't accept help.
Yeah that’s the thing as well, mh outcomes depend SO much on the resources you have available to you and your willingness to put the work in to get yourself better.

Reactions: 5
if Ruby is trying to be like Emily Dickinson ... is Blakeney her Sue Gilbert? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Genuine question - was this sponsored or not? The description below the YouTube video suggests it was but there's no actual declaration?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't think Ruby's online presence is the root cause of her issues, but it acts as an enabler, reinforcing her pretend identities and affectations. It's definitely not helping.
This. Imagine due to a massive blackout, everyone in the UK had to live without internet for some weeks. Her life is such an exhausting fake performance that she could never find enough motivation to keep doing it without her viewers. She would finally be free from this online persona she forces herself to play and could discover things she actually enjoys.

Reactions: 12
I think everything went downhill for her after she didn’t get into Oxford, but I honestly believe she’d be in an even worse position if she had got in. She wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the other students. It would have been all about aesthetics for her.

Reactions: 19
I’m defo in the minority here but I just really don’t feel sorry for Ruby tbh.
To some extent I feel that way.

If the posts suggesting Ruby is having an ID crisis are true, that would be a challenge.

However, as another poster mentioned "she has the benefit of money". If the mood took her, she could try 25 different things during this gap year. Her parents would not limit expenditure or time to otherwise help her access different experiences.

She could do anything she wanted for a long time yet seems unhappily stuck in her own cosplay of a life.

Reactions: 15
I think everything went downhill for her after she didn’t get into Oxford, but I honestly believe she’d be in an even worse position if she had got in. She wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the other students. It would have been all about aesthetics for her.
100% this. Oxbridge gets a bad rap nowadays (Especially from Oxbridge students) but, a lot of it is pretty willfully dishonest - the culture and cliques are toxic but god damn if 95% of the students there aren't extremely talented or intelligent. Her ego would have eaten itself alive having to cope with being around them all, even before she had to attend her first supervision.

This reads like an English second-language speaker cribbing Shakespeare whilst on break from moderating her Model UN Facebook group.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The way she get's about really scares me, it's as if someone has told an alien trying to blend in as a human how to behave.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Seriously how many times does Ruby read Little Women because in her Youtube video that she posted on Friday she was reading it and today she has started to re read it again.
1667925799417.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.