Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she get's about really scares me, it's as if someone has told an alien trying to blend in as a human how to behave.
She’s always given me massive wizard trying to be a Muggle vibes 😭 she even dresses like one. Hermione would be disappointed 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
didnt she paint on her last copy of Little Women? Maybe she needs so many copys of this b/c she mistakes it for a coloring book.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm watching JaackMaates old videos where he roasts Zoella's books and products and it just reminded me of Ruby's to do lists and her planner mayhem 😭

Reactions: 3
Why is it so small? Is it just a part of the book?
Those Wordsworth Classics are horrible editions. I‘m not sure if they’re generally abridged but they are cheap and flimsy and are printed on unpleasant rough paper - definitely not the first choice for any kind of self-professed bibliophile. You can generally pick them up for £1-ish from those book shops sell remaindered stock. Not that I’m saying you have to spend loads on a silk-ribboned hardback (these cheap editions are fine for annotating) but sometimes reading a favourite book is about the physical experience too.

Reactions: 10
Those Wordsworth Classics are horrible editions. I‘m not sure if they’re generally abridged but they are cheap and flimsy and are printed on unpleasant rough paper - definitely not the first choice for any kind of self-professed bibliophile. You can generally pick them up for £1-ish from those book shops sell remaindered stock. Not that I’m saying you have to spend loads on a silk-ribboned hardback (these cheap editions are fine for annotating) but sometimes reading a favourite book is about the physical experience too.
Yeah, these editions are usually aimed at students who have to buy tons of books and don’t want to spend too much on them since they won’t keep it, this is an old edition, she probably likes the dust and dArK ACaDeMiA vibes of an old battered book.

Reactions: 9
Genuine question - was this sponsored or not? The description below the YouTube video suggests it was but there's no actual declaration?
It's entirely unclear because Ruby is so completely dishonest about all sponsored content, puts undeclared ads in all her videos and has been intentionally vague about this one as well, but all signs point to yes - she was gifted things with a clear cash value in exchange for advertising.

The museum is not likely to have paid her in cash. They do, however, appear to have gifted her a $200 writing session, at least one $16 guided tour, and possibly more. In exchange, Ruby advertised the museum on social media. As far as the ASA are concerned, this qualifies as a payment for advertising.

Ruby claims she worked with the museum as a volunteer.

This is what the actual volunteers there actually do:

Untit80980l65756656850807756890566797575668776ed.jpg

Ruby doesn't appear to have done any of that. Instead, she claims she was there to create content for their TikTok/social media and "develop a social media strategy", which she's not remotely qualified to do:

Screenshot_20221101-221050_Chrome.jpg

(She deleted this story shortly after uploading it, not even leaving it up for an hour, which doesn't look dodgy at all.)

She uploaded a grand total of 6 videos totalling 2 minutes, 14 seconds of content to the museum's TikTok.

She posted a whopping 2 posts on their Instagram, where she shouted about "GHASTS" and butchered a poem in her fake accent, in addition to a few Insta stories which were full of nonsense and errors.

Untit7864546678699085675789466yiuyiu6788746456#804567565656754598768675675665756756led.jpg

Untit7864546678699085675789466yiuyiu6788746456#8045675656567544354598768675675665756756led.jpg

Her "social media strategy" seems to have amounted to her saying "Have you heard of TikTok?" to the museum staff. She's done a terrible job of advertising the museum, making it more about herself than the museum, not properly showing the rooms she had access to or allowing experienced tour guides to speak on camera, and focusing on the most dull parts of the place, like the cafeteria.

So Ruby's "volunteering" story sounds like utter nonsense, and everything points to her having been paid with free VIP tickets to tour the museum and linger in off-limits areas for a week in exchange for her half-assed social media posts. It's no different than Remarkable gifting her a tablet in exchange for an ad video, but she'll put this on her CV as "volunteer work" despite having not done anything.

Reactions: 16
Oh man I like Wordsworth editions 😂 There is something appealing about not needing to be precious with the book. I can be rough with my books; I underline, annotate, break the backs, fold the covers, you name it (please don't attack me, I'm very careful with nicer editions and other people's books lol) and these make good company for my heathen ways.

Reactions: 15
Oh man I like Wordsworth editions 😂 There is something appealing about not needing to be precious with the book. I can be rough with my books; I underline, annotate, break the backs, fold the covers, you name it (please don't attack me, I'm very careful with nicer editions and other people's books lol) and these make good company for my heathen ways.
Me too! My copy of Wuthering Heights is one of these and it just feels right reading it from an almost vintage copy 😂 And they're not abridged, if anyone was wondering :)

• Heart
Seriously how many times does Ruby read Little Women because in her Youtube video that she posted on Friday she was reading it and today she has started to re read it again.
View attachment 1714482
of course she only reads the book where the girls are children/teenagers and not the edition with the story where they are grown up.
(I have a hardback edition from Puffin in Bloom. A really beautiful book cover, but also not very comfortable when you read in bed)

Reactions: 9
of course she only reads the book where the girls are children/teenagers and not the edition with the story where they are grown up.
(I have a hardback edition from Puffin in Bloom. A really beautiful book cover, but also not very comfortable when you read in bed)
The thing is she has this copy of Little Women but I bet you she hardly reads this version as she prefers to read the Wordsworth Classic edition as it is a lot shorter.
1667937567137.png

She’s inspiring her fans to write like her (I covered up the name, but this person often comments on Roobee’s content - my analysis is that they own a thesaurus but not a dictionary lol)

View attachment 1713635
I'm legit speechless. What the hell is that 😭 At least, as a non native speaker, I learned a new word today: betwixt 💀

Reactions: 6
I'm legit speechless. What the hell is that 😭 At least, as a non native speaker, I learned a new word today: betwixt 💀

I am a non native speaker too and I really thought the first couple time reading this tha the writer is talking about the chocolate bar TWIX :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Um, is this not a sparrow aka one of the most common birds in the world? You're welcome, Ruby.

Screenshot_20221108-233057~2.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Seriously how many times does Ruby read Little Women because in her Youtube video that she posted on Friday she was reading it and today she has started to re read it again.
View attachment 1714482
What next The famous five? Molly Molly Mandy? The Hungry Caterpillar? Mr. Men? The Tiger who came to tea? Meg & Mog? The Jolly Postman? Rubes if you're reading this go out and find yourself a new to you author from classic or modern American literature. Time to put down Little Women.

Her pronunciation of "pensive" really annoyed me in the latest tik tok...
'Trubbador' really did it for me. 😂 I think pensieve was something Harry Potter related lmao.

The way she get's about really scares me, it's as if someone has told an alien trying to blend in as a human how to behave.
Is that when she was creeping around the room being possessed by the ghost of Emily Dickinson? I don't understand why Ruby does that strange stiff walk. I don't think it's how she moves normally.

Betwixt means between, but please don't use the word in conversation unless you've taken a time machine back to the 17th century. :p

1667953497946.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So she is staying at the North Bridge Inn. Not smart to show your room, Ruby. One can recognize both the wallpaper and the bedspread at first glance. rofl Stupid, stupid woman.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.