Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whisper2Me

I'll give her one thing... I'm almost impressed she has at least been on trains and gone to NY rather than just stay in that initial B&B.
I was too, until she revealed that her aunt and cousin(s) were on the other side of the trip, waiting for her. So NYC was not a solo trip. This also makes me wonder if she has family in the Boston area, but just isn't mentioning it. Not that she stayed with them, but that they were there in case anything happened, and someone to keep in close touch with. She keeps a lot hidden, is underhanded and a compulsive liar. She has proved that more in this trip than any other time, except for the whole charity situation. Regardless, she probably had babysitters most of the time, so I won't high five her in regards to taking bold and brave adventures.

Reactions: 18

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
View attachment 1737115
I'm just gonna live it here...
So much fun 🙈
Btw where is this Barbie box thing? It looks fun.
Despite being quite a nerdy kid I absolutely loved Barbie dolls and dolls in general as a child. Apart from reading books I think they were my favourite passtime. I had a huge box of hand me down Barbie dolls that I got from a friend of my grandma's whose daughter had grown out of them, and grandma used to use scraps of fabric to make me doll dresses with her sewing machine, it was so cute. A lot of people scoff at dolls and Barbies but for me they were storytelling tools, to make up stories in my head using the dolls as actors.

• Heart

Lovely_rita

Ruby should be very careful how she words her trip to Boston. Especially in writing, and double especially online.

If she was on a tourist visa she could get in hot water with immigration. Not sure of the specifics of "work" for the US, but she should still tread carefully.

• Wow

Griftwood

VIP Member
The have a fucking Aga, she's said a number of times it's their main heat source. No way they're actually turning it off. Why does she lie about everything?

Griftwood

VIP Member
I am totally baffled by this latest video, who is it for?? If you've lived your life as an introvert you're pretty aware of the things you like to do, surely. You don't go looking for ideas online.

oh lord tip no. 2 has me gobsmacked
It’s basically just ”things to do alone if you’re so lacking in imagination that staring at a wall is the only thing you can come up with on your own.” The whole video has such a ”bored rich girl” vibe to it, like she thinks she’s doing the world a favour by coming up with busywork ideas to save the idle rich from the screaming void that is the next 6 decades of their lives stretching out in front of them.

• Heart

opal73

VIP Member
Well Matilda is out in the cinema this weekend. She’ll be dressed up like this for months now. It’s almost as bad as when kids would dress in superhero costumes for months
I bet she'll post a story in front of the cinema in her stupid power pose as well.
She looks happier in today's OOTD video than she's looked in weeks. Meanwhile, she just spent nearly a month in the U.S. walking in the footsteps of her supposed literary idols and she seemed lost and miserable the whole time. She should just drop all that bookish/literary/dark academia nonsense because it's unconvincing. This is her truth: she's a homebody and a momma's girl who still gets excited about visiting her grandparents. And honestly, so what? There's nothing wrong with any of that. But what she should really consider now, after that dismal trip, is taking a break from social media and getting in touch with her real self instead of clinging to the little girl bookworm identity that she roleplays online.
The thing is though, I don't think Ruby really even knows what her identity is. There's also a word for homebody and momma's girl, and it's arrested development. She wants to be a perpetual child and never leave home. There's not anything wrong with being a homebody necessarily but she also has no real plans for her life at 22 other than stay in her bedroom begging for more ads. She seems to hate youtube, she knows at this point that she's not a real writer, and she knows how difficult a master's would be. She has some real issues she needs to work through but she won't, she'll keep up the ads and poor content. She could transition into cottagecore but I don't think she even has that many ideas. She would just jump from one false identity to the next. She really needs someone to speak sense into her. Her parents won't because they're her biggest enablers, her few friends won't because they only see one side of her, her sister won't because she has a life of her own, we won't because she considers us mean bullies...

flappy_ears

Ruby: "I love books syo syo moch! The acksperiance of reading a bock is warth annie cost! Physical books asspashally syo!"
Also Ruby: "It's HOW MUCH?! $17?! You're charging the average RRP of a new book for a new book?! HOW DAHHR YOO."

Ruby: "People shoddn't chyarge the wrong proice for thyings. Oiy think that's tyoo moch to ackspact peepol tyo pay and oiy dyon't agryee with it."
Also Ruby: "Please boiy moiy new nyotebock. It's flyimsy and cheap-lyooking and only has 80 pyages. It's £9. Also buy this crinkled ribbon. £6."

Case in point:

View attachment 1706747

Constructive criticism about the objectively bad quality of her editing and audio = VARRY NASTY behaviour from HORRIBOL BULLIES.

View attachment 1706752

Having someone's dialogue be completely inaudible in a video isn't bad, it's an ackwoired tyaste and VARRY ATMOSFARRIC!
Not only was the mix of horizontal and vertical clips a mess, but i really struggled with some clips being completely silent and clearly muted then the next clips is her shoes scuffling about and then wind, and then back to silent, then occassional clips of music, a really odd mix. Shes been doing youtube for so long, her editing must be better than this by now.

mobimoh

I don't think ruby knows much about any of the literature she has spoken about, she just likes the aesthetic of looking like an academic/writer/genius but I have many doubts regarding her understandings of any of the writers she is supposedly passionate about.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untit80980l6575ed.jpg

Ahh, the parlour where the Dickinsons would "receive their GHASTS".

Untit80980l65756876ed.jpg

It seems that scholars are uncovering new information about Emily Dickinson all the time!

• Haha

Whisper2Me

So Brooke was Ruby's babysitter for the day. They probably paid for transportation for her, which would explain how she got out there, if she is alone. Can she do anything like a normal person without holding someone's hand? She couldn't even join in a regular tour and mingle with fellow tourists? That is half the fun!

Reactions: 17

otravlen

I agree, she knows the price of everything and the value of nothing, which is why she does stupid shit like this, simultaneously falling into a coquettish, "I'm aware I'm very privileged!"

View attachment 1706183
This made me wince. I know everyone is entitled to treat their own property how they see fit but I can't imagine willingly ruining any of my books with a really bad watercolour painting 💀

11. "Gyo tyo the loiybree and johst think of a rahndom nomba between 1 and 1000 and foind that nomba in the Jooey-DASSIMOL system and johst take down one of the bohks and johst read SOMMTHING from it and see what you can lahrrn."

Ruby, tell me you don't know anything about the Dewey Decimal System without telling me you don't know anything. For starters, it doesn't start with 1. The whole system exists so that books can be catalogued in a uniform and consistent way across all libraries. There is nothing random about it. She is so dumb.

DanBanks

It's particularly odd that she's not going to do a vlog about NYC at all (or at least, says she isn't). Unlike Concord, New York is festive and bustling at this time of year. In the brief glimpses that she posted on IG and TikTok, it looks like she did some really fun things, like tea at the Plaza and visiting the 5th Avenue library and the holiday market at Bryant Park. She just made a 25-minute video of herself sitting in a Massachusetts hotel room with a hot water bottle, but she isn't going to make any YT content about her first-ever trip to New York? What's wrong? Was it not "bookish" enough?

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Omggg I just saw the TikTok with the Poe reading. :eek::oops: I'm feeling a terror of my own after watching that unhinged emoting.

Before people get angry, I'm pretty ambivalent about Ruby, I just share my honest opinions and sometimes they happen to be in defence of her 🤷
Can't speak for everyone on the thread, but there's no way I'd get angry about your opinion. People are allowed to think different things.

I'm still not convinced that she's done anything meaningful or interesting on this trip. Ruby's social media presence is her full-time job (it's her main/only source of income). She gets brand partnerships on the basis of this. Her visit to Scotland was sponsored. The point I'm making is that she's not just a regular tourist going to these places, she's there partly on a 'work' trip. So it's reasonable to expect content that shows her travel experiences. If it turns out Ruby's been to lots of places in Boston then I take back what I've said, but so far it looks like the world's most boring holiday.

P.S. @Red Wings that post was so informative!

• Heart