Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I like how she planned the use of a 'writing jacket' long enough in advance to bring that ridiculous circus jacket across continents, only to forget putting it on in most of the planned clip. And then later she says that she could only bring the first part of the book Little Women, because the whole book would be too heavy.
If only Ruby had at her disposal a device that you can use to read books without carrying them around, specifically designed to be compact and light for travellers and commuters...

I really need to know what she's doing in this photo. Send help. 😂 😭
She's cosplaying as the mouse from Dumbo

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Hannahebee

VIP Member
So basically, this isn't a vacation or a trip to travel solitary and have adventures, tour with groups, and maybe even make a new friend or two. It is a paid promotion and a 3 week ad. Just lost complete interest. She is living like a complete hermit in a foreign country and doing everything possible to avoid socializing. No thank you. Not interested in spoiled brats that never grow up into mature, responsible adults.
I honestly thought that this holiday would be adventurous as I thought that she would explore Boston and go on various tours around the city. But after finding out that she is doing nothing on this trip is so disappointing because I honestly don't understand why she has decided to stay in the same places because surely she must get bored of them. The fact that this entire trip is a paid promotion and a 3 week ad makes me feel uncomfortable and it makes me angry is that the museum have just allowed her to create content and develop a social media strategy, I mean why have they agreed to let her do this when they could have selected other people to do this it just makes me feel mad that the museum have agreed to this when she has only just been to the Museum today and has never been before.

I have had a look at the volunteering section on the museum website and they typically support volunteers during May through to October as most of the programs and events take place during these months, yet Ruby is allowed to volunteer in November when they don't even take volunteers during this month so why have they made this exception for Ruby. IMO it is unfair on all the people who volunteer because Ruby is allowed to go into the museum on the day that it is closed and is allowed to volunteer straight away, yet other people who have probably lived in Boston all their life have wanted to volunteer and have been told that they can't by the museum.

Last edited:

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
What you're both saying makes sense, but I doubt it was a big deal to the Oxford interviewer. This might sound odd, but they encourage interviewees to ask about unfamiliar terms. There are a couple of reasons for this: the student might misinterpret the text and get the wrong idea altogether, or they might waffle their way through a vague answer rather than owning up to their lack of knowledge. The tutors say they're looking for students who can listen to feedback and respond to constructive criticism. As long as you're demonstrating your thinking skills it doesn't matter if there's a small gap in your knowledge. I think brine had little to do with Ruby's Oxford rejection, though it's probably her LEAST FYAVORUT word in the English language. 😅 I think the interview process went badly because...well...we've all read her Goodreads reviews. Imagine the interviewer asking Ruby to discuss her thoughts on specific works of literature and getting replies like -

View attachment 1719485

View attachment 1719493

View attachment 1719494

View attachment 1719497
Ironically, "more rhetoric than truth" describes Ruby's writings so well. She always uses (or rather misuses) a lot of words to say nothing at all

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
All the content she has put out whilst being in New England has been so BORING, at least her vlogs at home are mildly comical but I literally do not know who this content is catering to.
But she's seen a smorgasbord of sights! She visited...umm...ponds, swamps and more ponds! She's discovered new exotic creatures, like...the common sparrow! She's seen museums that bored her and bookshops that disappointed her! She's sampled such exotic tastes as a kombucha that wasn't good and a carton of water!

Surely the American tourism people will be hiring her any day now.

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
It’s literally just to make herself look good. 500 is fuck all to her, so she couldn’t give a fuck who it goes to as long as it makes her look like a kind generous girl.
Why do I also get the feeling she would’ve picked the youngest, most vulnerable people who messaged her as well?

Whisper2Me

I'm so confused that she is just staying stuck in a small area of Boston and not doing any actual touring while in such an historical city. Boston Gardens, every day, hints to me that she is staying very, very close to her hotel and afraid to explore beyond the boundaries close to grabbing her suitcase and flying back home quickly. Brattle Book Shop, an antique store. You can see this kind of stuff in the UK. Why not do the Freedom Trail, Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science, and The New England Aquarium? Why not walk around North End? Visit the mafia on the docks? lol Seriously, though, calling Ipswich a quaint town just makes you want to slap some sense into her. You can find Gilmore Girl's towns everywhere in New England. They aren't tv show sets. They are our home towns. And why she is asking people what to do and where to go is beyond me. Tourists research all the information before they hit foreign shores and have an itinerary. Especially since Covid and most places requiring pre-registration. They don't want walk-ins asking for tickets. Instead she is just rambling around the same block for a week. She may be proud that she got there, but the actual trip seems to be a flop and boring as heck. Her sharing of her university experience was a complete disappointment, as she barely socialized and hid in her room most of the time. Her trips to foreign countries is equally disappointing. Apparently her idea of a vacation is find a park, sit, read, take pictures and gah gah over common things like trees. What a waste of time.

donny345

As someone who doesn’t know much about literature or Dickinson’s life… after watching Ruby’s museum dePACLE I can honestly say I’ve learnt more from this thread than I have from Roobina 💀 As u guys mentioned, it would’ve been better to hear from the actual museum staff instead of watching her awkwardly pace around and recite poetry -_-

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I am tempted to start saying ‘be gone with your filth’ to anything I disagree with though …
I just love the irony of people bringing up the topic of filth when trying to defend Ruby, who lives in a perpetual state of mess, grime and squalor.

• Haha

GoinDowntown

J K Rowling is entitled to her beliefs. Just as I am to mine.
Sure everyone is allowed an opinion.
I guess the problem a lot of people have with J K Rowling is that she uses her wealth and fame to try to influence actual political decisions that can have serious consequences for some very vulnerable people.
That's not the same thing as simply having an opinion like everyone else.

• Heart
  • Haha

zoeanned

I know everyone predicted her Boston trip would be like this, but I still can’t help feeling disappointed that she’s wasted another opportunity. I keep thinking (hoping?!) she’ll change, but she’s only got worse in the last 6 months.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Anyone else bored to death of Ruby's adventures while travelling? I am not sure what I expected with all these trips throughout Europe and America, but the lack of interesting vlogs and videos, intellectual sharing, and just the ridiculous nature of her lies, deceit and choices has left me completely disinterested, bored and weary of it all. I am curious as to what comes next after the holidays. Will she work, will she return to school next fall and go for her Masters? Will she ever grow up and get a job, a career, anything worth watching? The whole vibe over the past month has just been so tedious and repetitious of the same content she makes from home. Nothing new, nothing edifying or exciting. She is the only person I know that can grin ear to ear while taking a selfie in front of an historical building, and us knowing the moment the picture is done, she frowns, and glances around in deep confusion trying to decide who to be next.
I'm not sure how she makes her travel vlogs so dull. In theory, trips to Greece, Scotland, Italy, France and the United States should provide loads of interesting content. You've got beautiful locations, but the filming's bad and far too often Ruby chooses to focus on the most bizarre, irrelevant things. She'll post a photo of a rubbish bin or weeds on a street corner. What's that all about? There's lots of history and culture to explore, but the footage is mainly of herself: Ruby writing at a desk, Ruby reciting poetry, Ruby standing outside a building, Ruby wandering around a room, Ruby drinking tea. When Ruby decides to be informative the result is even worse because viewers get treated to Hermione mode. Any knowledgeable people who might provide helpful context get edited out. I was naively looking forward to this journey, thinking it would be a welcome change from her morning routines. Nope, it wasn't.

berkeleymoon87

Of COURSE the Emily Dickinson Museum is just a sponsorship. And I don't get why Ruby doesn't take her "volunteer" job more seriously and actually bother to double check her spelling and grammar. It's the professional thing to do when you're working at a historic landmark. If I were staff at the museum, I'd be embarrassed to have a spelling error like that because it reflects the quality of the staff and museum.

pineapplesandcheese

I haven't been able to catch up on the whole thread so sorry if this has been addressed but I just saw the youtube video from a few days ago where she recites Poe and it honestly creeped me out so much? not because of the poem itself or that she was doing it for Halloween, just something about the way she recited it, especially when she started knocking ferociously on the table, she came across as completely unhinged the whole way through. She also read it ridiculously quickly. Going to the USA alone is a lot to cope with when she doesn't even seem to like travelling in the UK alone, I wonder if her mental health is really suffering, she seemed very tightly wound

DanBanks

Why on earth does she say it was "*very* strange"? She had a scheduled appointment with a fashion showroom and the staff selected outfits for her to try on before she came in. That is not even a little bit strange! That is just how by-appointment showrooms work! Not to mention, she literally just did this with Miss Patina!

I know, I know...she has to say stuff like that to make it sound like these events are wonderful serendipity that she just magically tumbles into, and not the result of proactive, for-profit planning. Personally, I think it would be way more interesting to learn how she really goes about setting up these partnerships, instead of trying to make her life seem sprinkled with fairy dust and lovely people who find her so charming they can't resist giving her freebies.

Do you think she actually arranges any of this herself? Or does her mother play manager and do all the logistical stuff while Ruby just shows up and twirls in free clothes? What is the role of her management company? Do they set up this stuff? I find it so hard to believe that Ruby has a head for any sort of planning or relationship-building.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Very odd behaviour on her latest few videos. Not sure if she needs a trip to the doc or just a good reality check at this point 😭

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I really wish influencers would stop with stretching and yawning in bed like this.

It looks stupid and you can see Ruby thinks it's stupid too, she looks like she's swatting away a fly that told her an extremely funny joke.

View attachment 1745280
Yikes. It looks more like the rise of Frankenstein's monster than a studytuber's morning routine.

I'm dying at the image of some poor American grocery store clerk trying to decypher what the fuck Ruby is talking about when she's asking for "ROSSEH TAPPLES".

She had to settle for either a "MACKINTOH SHAPPLE" or an "AVVERCRISS PAPPLE".

Another classic Rubyism: She pronounces "ennui"..."eNNyouEYE". 💀

View attachment 1745435

"Thanks, boht oiy'm DAFFINITELY nyot wrong. :)"
Did she really just say ''I have heard it said otherwise''? 😂 But where? Who is walking around talking about EN YOU EYE? I bet it's Mother Granger. She's wrong.

• Haha