Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can relate to issues of shyness and confidence and being sheltered as a kid which slowed me down in my teens...but the difference between Ruby and ordinary people who feel those things is money. I had to deal with my issues head on otherwise I'd have had no money to live on, and getting jobs helped me to overcome these things gradually, build some confidence, broaden my horizons and perspective. Ruby is still living within very strict boundaries she's created for herself and she has the privilege to continue doing that even overseas because of her family's money.

She could do similar work within her interests but that don't exist in a three-week bubble over here - she could do long-term volunteering at a National Trust house or at a museum or something, and she'd be learning and feeding her interests as well as getting herself out there and learning valuable skills. But Ruby kids herself that these short-term projects are worthwhile in the long-term but they're just adding to her cosplay of being an independent businesswoman or whatever. She actively avoids making any real progress and it's her money and her family's background of having money that allow her to do that. Most people have to just suck it up and deal with it by the time they're 22.

Reactions: 19
Ruby's parents are really not helping. They are letting her live with them, but she isn't working or studying. Not even a Saturday job, for crying out loud. Has Ruby ever had an actual, non YouTube, job?

I am privileged to have parents who own their own home, and they are happy for me to live rent free. However, the condition is that I either have a job and/or study. No dossing about and treating their home like Travelodge.

Reactions: 18
Honestly I’m angry at these institutions too - the holocaust charity paying the charity money to crappy influencers for their crappy jobs to light up a candle and post it on ig, now the museum sponsoring Ruby to do tit all in Boston for 3 weeks when she has not nearly enough social media presence or skills for such opportunity. It’s really not ok, not ok towards the people who paid them money, not ok towards the cause.

Reactions: 24
I have watched her video.
She is trying to read and play a poem. Better screams at us and looks wildly as us and knocking randomly on walls and desks.

Call the pastor. We need him for an exorcism.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's actually funny/sad how years after Ruby finished school, she's still giving off 'I do extra work because I'm the smartest in the class' vibes :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Honestly I’m angry at these institutions too - the holocaust charity paying the charity money to crappy influencers for their crappy jobs to light up a candle and post it on ig, now the museum sponsoring Ruby to do tit all in Boston for 3 weeks when she has not nearly enough social media presence or skills for such opportunity. It’s really not ok, not ok towards the people who paid them money, not ok towards the cause.
Yes! All things aside, on a very basic level, what are Ruby's qualifications to take up the Museum's account? Did she even attend one UNDERGRAD course on Dickinson? I am not naive as to not know that EVERY volunteering, curating, internship, etc. job in the arts/culture sector ONLY goes to those who can effort to do free work because they don't need to earn a living. But even in those cases, those people who get the job at least look good on paper, having earned some sort of degree or finished related courses or sth. Ruby has nothing. I love following museums and art collectives on Instagram and I would have unfollowed Dickinson Museum so fast if I saw Ruby treating their page like a schoolgirl's diary. And what is worst is that Ruby will put down this PAID volunteering experience (even if the Museum is not paying her, she just burned at least 4000 pounds just to do that good deed, lol) in her CV and it will look so damn good on her possible applications to grad programs in the future. She will have a considerable advantage over others who cannot afford to buy their way into cool volunteering spots. Ugh, I hate this so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes! All things aside, on a very basic level, what are Ruby's qualifications to take up the Museum's account? Did she even attend one UNDERGRAD course on Dickinson?
Ruby is a reclusive literary genius, just like Emily was! What more do you need? 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have considered whether we have been too harsh when it comes to Ruby. On reflection - honestly I don't think so. IMO she presents a faux image that sets impossibly obtainable standards for certain vulnerable young people who probably have the propensity to set themselves impossible standards anyway. I think that study tubers have a propensity to cause harm. A balanced life is not bad thing. After all all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I am not diagnosing Ruby with anything but I believe something may be amiss. She presents herself as a teenager when in reality she is an adult of 22. At 22 I was responsible for diagnosis, management & treatment of a range of disorders. I had to 'adult'. I also lived away from home taking responsibility for my rent, bills, food, clothing, travel and other expenses. I think clinging to childhood MAY reveal a real & genuine anxiety on Ruby's part when it comes to growing up. This does not give her a by when it comes to, what I view as, her more doubtful grasp of truth. I feel that if there is a problem she needs to acknowledge her difficulties or her parents need to have honest and direct conversations with her. We can all be enablers to those we love. The hardest thing to do is to be compassionately honest. I think Mr. & Mrs. Bones may need to do just that. I feel failure to do so will result in long term difficulties and a barrier to Ruby meeting her potential beyond that of social.media. Surely she wants more from her life than what seem like rather ill-thought out half effort YT vids or IG posts? This isn't posted here to be mean. I think however utterly irritating I find her I also find myself concerned about her. That reading of Poe and dressing up as Coraline just aren't average 22 behaviours.

Imagine. You do a degree, maybe two. Further educations, Interns, Training into editing, filming, writing. And you not getting the job.
And then you see someone like Ruby gets the job. Only because of what. Money?

:censored:

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Yes! All things aside, on a very basic level, what are Ruby's qualifications to take up the Museum's account? Did she even attend one UNDERGRAD course on Dickinson? I am not naive as to not know that EVERY volunteering, curating, internship, etc. job in the arts/culture sector ONLY goes to those who can effort to do free work because they don't need to earn a living. But even in those cases, those people who get the job at least look good on paper, having earned some sort of degree or finished related courses or sth. Ruby has nothing. I love following museums and art collectives on Instagram and I would have unfollowed Dickinson Museum so fast if I saw Ruby treating their page like a schoolgirl's diary. And what is worst is that Ruby will put down this PAID volunteering experience (even if the Museum is not paying her, she just burned at least 4000 pounds just to do that good deed, lol) in her CV and it will look so damn good on her possible applications to grad programs in the future. She will have a considerable advantage over others who cannot afford to buy their way into cool volunteering spots. Ugh, I hate this so much.
Honestly, it annoys me that NONE of this year will look bad on Ruby’s CV. She’s really regressed and on tattle we know that all her “travel” was family holiday / sponsored trips and all her collaborations with Bird and Blend / Miss Patina were vanity projects. But to an outsider, it’s really not unusual to say you took a gap year to travel to various places in Europe / the US, and her YouTube Channel and collaborations sound impressive to someone who isn’t in the detail and doesn’t follow her.

Reactions: 21
Honestly, it annoys me that NONE of this year will look bad on Ruby’s CV. She’s really regressed and on tattle we know that all her “travel” was family holiday / sponsored trips and all her collaborations with Bird and Blend / Miss Patina were vanity projects. But to an outsider, it’s really not unusual to say you took a gap year to travel to various places in Europe / the US, and her YouTube Channel and collaborations sound impressive to someone who isn’t in the detail and doesn’t follow her.
Exactly. All of this stuff looks good on paper, especially to marketers who need to partner with influencers. When I was doing this kind of work, someone like Ruby, who could tout 750,000 YouTube followers and a public image with no glaring red flags (such as a side-blog or personal Facebook page filled with wacko right-wing memes, for example) would have been a godsend.

But with this Emily Dickinson thing, it's different. Yes, the museum has to market itself too, but it isn't the same as a consumer brand. I find it hard to believe that they need Ruby in any way. Amherst College is in their backyard, with a long literary tradition and one of the country's most prestigious writing programs. The museum has a sizable pool of talent at hand: young people who are truly passionate about literature and writing, including many who are probably studying Dickinson in depth. Maybe none of them has as big of a big social media following, but I'm sure any of them would bring more talent and dedication to a project with the museum than this has-been studytuber who has no connection to Dickinson aside from a couple of amateurish videos. Even her posts yesterday (as others have pointed out) did little to showcase the museum. The sunset one behind the house was especially bleak---that could be the dreary backyard of any rundown house in America.

So if the museum has inexplicably chosen to partner with Ruby because of some lofty-sounding claptrap that she sold them, that's on them. They haven't done their homework. But I still suspect that a lot of this is Ruby fictionalizing her life into something that sounds a lot more impressive than it is.

Reactions: 16
So on her latest TikTok somebody asked her "How long are you in Boston Ruby" and Ruby replied back with "I was there for a week". Another person also asked her "Are you just on holiday"? and Ruby replied back with "Yes! I’m doing some literary tourism, but also spending a week working with a museum". Firstly I thought she was meant to be in Boston for 3 weeks as she mentioned this herself previously so why is she suddenly mentioning that she was there for a week, secondly it sounds like she has now left Boston and is possibly on her way home or is back home now, thirdly it doesn't make sense that she would say that she was there for a week but now she is saying that she is spending a week working with a museum when she and the museum only posted about it yesterday. So basically she has contradicted herself in the latest TikTok because she says that she is working in the museum but was only in Boston for a week, something isn't adding up about this trip because why would she say that she was going to Boston for 3 weeks but now it turns out that she was only there for a week, I wonder if it is because she is going to other parts of America but she has never said that if I remember rightly as I'm sure that she only booked a plane ticket to Boston.

Last edited:
  • Wow
So on her latest TikTok somebody asked her "How long are you in Boston Ruby" and Ruby replied back with "I was there for a week". Another person also asked her "Are you just on holiday"? and Ruby replied back with "Yes! I’m doing some literary tourism, but also spending a week working with a museum". Firstly I thought she was meant to be in Boston for 3 weeks as she mentioned this herself previously so why is she suddenly mentioning that she was there for a week, secondly it sounds like she has now left Boston and is possibly on her way home or is back home now, thirdly it doesn't make sense that she would say that she was there for a week but now she is saying that she is spending a week working with a museum when she and the museum only posted about it yesterday. So basically she has contradicted herself in the latest TikTok because she says that she is working in the museum but was only in Boston for a week, something isn't adding up about this trip because why would she say that she was going to Boston for 3 weeks but now it turns out that she was only there for a week, I wonder if it is because she is going to other parts of America but she has never said that if I remember rightly as I'm sure that she only booked a plane ticket to Boston.
I was pretty sure already that a) she wouldn't spend three weeks alone on the other side of the Atlantic and b) that this trip had already come to an end. Just see the dubious post about how "there is so much to see here and, at first, I crammed my days full". There are only so many days in a single week, aren't there? She constantly gets tangled up in her many fake timelines and slips into the past tense when speaking or writing.

My take: Her trip is already over and was a complete disaster. That's why it was so quiet around her in the meantime (up until a Tattler spotted the first park photo on her stories that got deleted shortly after). I wouldn't rule out a total nervous breakdown without mummy and daddy. So the trip was cut short or cancelled at very short notice (three weeks became only one). Nevertheless, she was forced to maintain her crumbling façade and post those photos and videos from the museum.

What a shame that Ruby is not only a notorious liar, but also an unspeakably bad one.

Reactions: 6
I was pretty sure already that a) she wouldn't spend three weeks alone on the other side of the Atlantic and b) that this trip had already come to an end. Just see the dubious post about how "there is so much to see here and, at first, I crammed my days full". There are only so many days in a single week, aren't there? She constantly gets tangled up in her many fake timelines and slips into the past tense when speaking or writing.

My take: Her trip is already over and was a complete disaster. That's why it was so quiet around her in the meantime (up until a Tattler spotted the first park photo on her stories that got deleted shortly after). I wouldn't rule out a total nervous breakdown without mummy and daddy. So the trip was cut short or cancelled at very short notice (three weeks became only one). Nevertheless, she was forced to maintain her crumbling façade and post those photos and videos from the museum.

What a shame that Ruby is not only a notorious liar, but also an unspeakably bad one.
The problem is why did she lie about the whole details of the trip in the first place and I knew she had already left after a week when she said "There is lots I left unseen but I wouldn't have done it differently. IMO I think she is back at home now because she hasn't posted anything on her Instagram or TIkTok account today and you would think that if she was still in Boston or America she would have posted about it, but I have to say apart from posting a few TikTok's and Instagram stories she has been generally quite about this whole trip overall which seems really strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
What I find funny is that it seems to me that Ruby is slowly shifting her career objectives away from writing and archive work and towards social media and PR corporate work.
Unlike influencers and online creators who can be very different and all find their own niche, people who work as social media and PR managers for companies are often (in my experience) very different from Ruby. They are trendy, sociable, extroverted, creative, energetic, the "life of the party" basically. So if Ruby's considering that as a potential career path for herself I don't think she would really be in her element in that kind of position.

Reactions: 18
Since she already has a lot of american followers she could easily arrange a meet up or collab with isabella athena or something whilst she's ther. But I doubt she will

Reactions: 2
As I said way, way back, Amherst, where the Emily Dickinson Museum is, is a good solid 2 hour drive or more from Boston. There isn't a way to get back and forth, so she probably stayed in that Boston B&B for a week while walking around Boston like the zombie she is, hanging out in Boston Gardens and then fluttering back into her room to cosplay on Halloween for her own entertainment. Weird, but true. She is probably now staying out in the Amherst area, doing some weird collab with the Emily Dickinson Museum, or hyping herself up more than what is really happening. Let's face it, the "story", which was rather weak, was on their Instagram page, not Ruby's. They made that choice. They could have said no. Ruby has also shown a big reveal of the place she had been staying in at Boston and has now probably left. Another collab? Possibly. After all, this trip is not really a vacation or adventure, it is a prolonged ad. In another week she will probably hit another destination, that being Concord, MA. And she will probably have another collab set up. She can't handle just going on a vacation, winging it and experiencing fun, spontaneous, authentic touring. She turned it into another money making adventure, just like Scotland, just like Miss Patina, just like her stupid planners, and so on. Her life is being an influencer, whether or not she is good or bad at it, nice or a liar, honest for fake, it is what she does. Which is why I am enjoying a nice vacation from looking at her crap. Because that is all it is. I don't need to see my area through her eyes. I'll enjoy it on my own. When this is over, she won't be obsessing over it, but rather moving on to her next project/character/charade. Back in her room. Huddled in a corner. Plotting her next evil move....

Reactions: 15
Sorry guys. I can't take this musem anymore serious. I am not form the US and I don't know what amazing college or whatsoever is related to them -
but they uploaded 20 minutes ago a reel: Ruby reading a poem from Emily.
Sorry but.
She can't even read poetry right.

She went only to Boston for an AD. Only this. And I don't care anymore when a company has amazing whoever to do amazing whatsover when they upload stuff like THIS.

Stop it. She is even doing the TikTok. She is building the brand from the Museum on TikTok.

Oh my. What did I wrong in my life with being honest and hard working. I was so dumb.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.