Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is definitely not going alone and if she does, she won't make it past the check-in gate at Heathrow. The girl never leaves her house, couldn't even spend time in Exeter alone. She is not mentally stable enough to be flying long haul alone, let alone to America. Even Londoners get culture shock in US cities, let alone a delusional woman who's been isolated in the English countryside dependent on Mummy and Daddy for so long that she's in a perpetual state of arrested development.

Reactions: 29
Solo travel is way overhyped imo, idm traveling alone to get to a place but duck going on some 2 week holiday all by myself, I’d rather go with mates or my partner 😅

Reactions: 16
If Ruby does actually go to the USA for 3 weeks alone, I'll be very impressed ngl. Maybe it would be really good for her and make her grow up a bit and stand on her own feet?

Reactions: 6
Solo travel is way overhyped imo, idm traveling alone to get to a place but duck going on some 2 week holiday all by myself, I’d rather go with mates or my partner 😅

yeah but this is the problem. ruby has no friends, mates or partnerh

Reactions: 3
I would never go alone on a holiday. Travelling alone, okay. But not to a different country. I travelled (by train) to my then boyfriend in another part of Germany when I was 17/18 and I visited a former friend more than 10 years ago, also in another part of Germany.
But I couldn't/wouldn't go to a far(er) away country, especially alone on a plane. I'd be terrified - and yes, even in my late 30s! I really don't enjoy flying and sitting alone in a plane for a few hours ... *shudder*

so, if Ruby really goes alone: that's a huge step.
If you're travelling alone to visit friends or family and you're gonna be with them when you're there that's one thing. But actually being alone for the whole holiday is incredibly daunting. And I imagine it would be pretty boring

Reactions: 11
Omg another morning routine wow so unexpected!

Edit: the wonky camera is stressing me out

Edit 2: the music is also stressing me out

Also my favourite quote 'thinking has led me to be more [reflective and] thoughtful'. wow who would have said?! I literally cannot with this girl! I used to like her but I am now a grad myself whom, however, has a full time job and doesn't have time to do an hour of reading every morning before work :) She lives in a different world

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I have so many questions about this morning routine...

-how is she a 'recent' graduate? she handed her diss in 4+ months ago, she is a third of the way through her gap year
-does she not know how to brush her hair? genuine question because it looks and sounds painful every time she does it
-why is it terrible quality ASMR for the first half then narrated for the second half? pick one
-why does the porridge have so many random flavours in it? why is it made with TEA?!?!?
-omg the metal fork scraping the metal pan, please god no
-why is she soaking a pot in cold water? use hot water lol there is a boiling water tap right there
-why does she just go in the garden and stand there like some kind of weird apparition - maybe you don't have time for a walk, but you could play with the dog or something damn, don't just stand and be spooky
-final point WHY does she empty her unfinished tea into the bin right at the very end? the sink Ruby! use the sink for liquids!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Also my favourite quote 'thinking has led me to be more [reflective and] thoughtful'. wow who would have said?! I literally cannot with this girl! I used to like her but I am now a grad myself whom, however, has a full time job and doesn't have time to do an hour of reading every morning before work :) She lives in a different world
I'm juggling uni and a job, on top of a social life and a relationship, as well as some extracurricular stuff, I don't have time for an hour of reading before work/uni! But Ruby's just fannying about with no responsibilities, so she's got plenty of time to read all day, if she wants to.

Reactions: 15
She's going to cling onto the term 'recent graduate' for as long as she can, for content. I suppose it has a better sound to it than 'unemployed and can't be arsed to leave the house to seek a job because I want to live as a Victorian child'...

Edit to add:
Ha ha, also, why the random Flight of the Bumblebee music?

Reactions: 21
Does your morning routine change that much when you go from being a student to a graduate with no job or life?

Reactions: 14
Does your morning routine change that much when you go from being a student to a graduate with no job or life?
Sure it does. She has to be extra ✨💫thoughtful💫✨ now to generate her own busywork since there are now zero actual expectations on her to do anything. Cue fifteen minutes of Payto’s Sympsonium and ten minutes of Bible-reading (which, confusingly, she had apparently listed as ”research Q conspiracy” on her to-do list) every morning.

Also, she just looks so bleeping GLUM all throughout the video, apart from a couple of fake smile moments. You’d think blissful gap yahh life would show somewhere, but so far it’s looking like grim rote performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

POV: Ruby Granger smothers you

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I can't believe Ruby does not use the boiling tap water for the only thing that would be really useful: washing that pot correctly. Poor pot, if all the family do the dishes like that there is no wonder that everything looks horrible.
I've never cooked porridge but I would've used a non-stick pot, she definitely has the money to buy one.

Reactions: 13
My postgrad routine looks something like this:
7:00–wake up
7:30–go to work
8:00-12:00–work at coffee shop
12:00- customer toilet is clogged—unclog toilet
12:30–someone has changed their child’s nappy on a table. Ask them politely not to.
12:30-4:00-make coffee
4:00-4:30–cry over my useless degree
4:30-6:30–tutor English
7:00–home
7:00-8:00–try and figure out how to pay council tax
8:00-8:05–have the quickest, coldest shower ever (energy bills 🤪🤪)
8:05-8:30– eat super noodles on toast. Make a mental note to buy more food.
8:30–22:00–cry
22:30–sleep
I’ll attempt to schedule in some frolicking in nature so I too can be a productive literary queen

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
My postgrad routine looks something like this:
7:00–wake up
7:30–go to work
8:00-12:00–work at coffee shop
12:00- customer toilet is clogged—unclog toilet
12:30–someone has changed their child’s nappy on a table. Ask them politely not to.
12:30-4:00-make coffee
4:00-4:30–cry over my useless degree
4:30-6:30–tutor English
7:00–home
7:00-8:00–try and figure out how to pay council tax
8:00-8:05–have the quickest, coldest shower ever (energy bills 🤪🤪)
8:05-8:30– eat super noodles on toast. Make a mental note to buy more food.
8:30–22:00–cry
22:30–sleep
I’ll attempt to schedule in some frolicking in nature so I too can be a productive literary queen
I’m wonderful at time management (narrator: this was, in fact, a blatant lie) so I was going to suggest combining noodle eating with crying to make time for frolicking, but noodles are already salty so I worry. The only thing I have left to offer is an assurance that it will gradually get better and just hang in there! You’re miles ahead of Roobee already.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I love the part where she's like "at university i had set topics to study and research, but now uni is gone, so I'll have to set myself random topics to research" instead of like.. Get a job, or at least "research" actual skills that will get you somewhere, for example stuff related to her supposed dream of being an author. University is OVER. The point of university is for you to get skills for "real life", its just natural that it will stop at some point, but she absolutly refuses to let go of it.
I mean to a point I get "learning for learnings sake" but if its basically the ONLY thing you do... The whole thing strikes me as absolutly depressing, like where is her perspective? It seems like she has absolutly no idea of how she wants her future to look like.

Reactions: 22
Other thing that annoyed me was that she said she was reading philosophy for 15 minutes "very slowly so she can really reflect" or something like that but shows herself reading at least 10 pages. There is no way it took her "just 15 minutes" with reflections, notes and everything.
When I was doing my major I felt so stupid because Ruby "read and annotated" three academic articles in the time it took me to read just one. It wasn't till last year that I realized it was all lies. It infuriates me so much.

Reactions: 28
I’m wonderful at time management (narrator: this was, in fact, a blatant lie) so I was going to suggest combining noodle eating with crying to make time for frolicking, but noodles are already salty so I worry. The only thing I have left to offer is an assurance that it will gradually get better and just hang in there! You’re miles ahead of Roobee already.
Crying in the shower is the way to go

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I feel like it’s a bit cruel of Mispah Teena to make Roodassbeech fork over 98 € for the Granger Dress… first off, it’s made entirely of plastic, and also it’s apparently named after her. But she doesn’t say it’s an ad or state that it was #gifted, so she’s paid for it… right? Horrible bullies, the lot of them.

1B8DD524-FB13-4D31-997A-5C2753C63CD8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.