Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has her washi tape instagram reel from yesterday been discussed? the book she’s sticking it all over is a library book! i’m not surprised that she has zero respect for other peoples’ property but jesus h christ

Reactions: 13
hold on a minute with her new video...

HASN'T SHE DONE THIS BEFORE!?
You are right she did this last year but instead of 15 things to do for back to school it was 35 things, honestly her content is a consent repeat of everything that she has done before and it is getting boring as a result because she is just recycling the same stuff that she has talked about before.

Here are the 15 things that you need to do this year before you go back to school in 2022: Make a weekly timetable, Fix your sleep schedule, Start using a planner, Make time for your favourite things, Get a week ahead on work, Keep decluttered, Set a Weekly Reset Routine, Ask questions if you don't understand!, Put deadlines in your calendar, Set up a good study space, Make a note of study snacks, make a study playlist, Tidy your room every night, Sign up for clubs and Decide on your note-taking method.

Here are the 35 things to do before you go back to school 2021 edition:
1. look through your course information and familiarize yourself with the classes you're taking
2. start doing some pre reading
3. do a piece of critical extra reading
4. set up your academic planner
5. set up your folders/ notebooks/ notion
6. set goal grades and how you can achieve it
7. put key dates into your calendar
8. look through last years notes
9. back up key documents
10. familiarize yourself with last year's content
11. get rid of any stationary that doesn't work
12. make a list of stationary to shop for
13. clean out your school bag
14. wipe down your school bag
15. pack your school bag and note key essentials
16. pack your pencil case
17. label your stuff e.g pencil case or jumper
18. make a school emergency kit
19. declutter
20. clean your bedroom thoroughly
21. have a digital declutter
22. make a note of easy lunch and dinner ideas
23. note down good study snacks
24. pack dry snacks for your school bag
25. plan out your ideal day
26. decide what extracurriculars you want to sign up for
27. make a list of things you want to achieve before the end of term
28. make playlists on spotify
29. plan out 5 daily outfits
30. read a long book
31. print some photos
32. make a list of the things that make you happy
33. make an aesthetic pinterest board for back to school
34. take a day off
35. spend time with friends and family

Reactions: 6
The new video, with the random lit candle held in front of an alarm clock is amazing

Reactions: 4
'because of the economic crisis x' that feels so bleeping condescending

Reactions: 29
Nothing to see here, just Ruby getting defensive. :LOL:
View attachment 1509226
I wonder why everyone assumes she’s being sneaky about this sort of tit 🙃 Couldn’t be because she’s lied about/neglected to mention money or goods received, or other affiliations, literally dozens of times in the past? Nah that can’t be it, everyone’s just being mean to sweet wholesome little Rootabaga.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
hold on a minute with her new video...

HASN'T SHE DONE THIS BEFORE!?
Yeah, this is the exact same self-aggrandising lie-filled bullshit video she made last year, with all the same tips of things she never does herself.

And all it does it show how little Ruby has learned in a year. She's still churning out recycled videos. She's still lying her ass off about everything. She's still recommending the most toxic, stupid, backwards-ass bullshit "productivity" practices.

Take the decluttering thing, for instance. Ruby constantly says that she can't focus when there's clutter around and ALWAYS makes sure to clean and declutter AVVERY DAY. Yet every time she shows her room or her home, it's backed to the brim with dirt and clutter. Her bed sheets are never changed, her bed never made.

She claims she digitally declutters her desktop daily. Rather than efficiently learn to save her files in organised folders to begin with, the self-proclaimed queen of planning and organisation instead somehow completely covers her desktop in enough bullshit that she needs to organise it every day of her life.

"When I was at univaarstity, WHAN oiy was able to stay a week ahad of moiy READINGS, oiy was alwheys MOTCH MORE CALM. And I NAVVER REGRATTED dyoing loike...TWO WEEKS WARTH OF WAAHRRK IN THE FARRST WEEK."

Well, this clearly never happened. Ruby never did the reading, much less a week in advance. She relied on Sparknotes and Blakeney to do it for her and constantly showed herself moaning that she didn't have enough time and was always doing her essays last-minute because she fucked around having her parents chauffeur her back and forth from uni every single weekend rather than do her work.

I will give her credit for picking up a new hobby, though; she mentions that the most important thing is that you're "setting GOLF for the week ahead".

Diseño sin título546 19.jpg

View attachment 1509226
Another day, another instance of Ruby claiming she "AWHLWHEYS" does something she almost never does.

Ruby, if you don't like people assuming you're lying about everything, then you should've stopped lying about almost everything. You've completely tainted your brand with all the greed and blatant dishonesty. Nobody will ever believe you again. I hope the money was worth it. You exclusively read children's books, so you should be familiar with The Boy Who Cried Wolf - you brought this on yourself.

Just today's video alone contains at least two undeclared ads. The washi tape commission might be on the level, but her past relationship there has been full of undeclared ads. Remember when she featured Note & Wish multiple times in her Christmas gift guide video, giving them a glowing endorsement and awkwardly pointing out how nice the company is, but never once declared that they'd gifted her a bunch of stuff? Yeah...

And while she's showing off the Fable brooch again lately, she had undeclared ads for them in that gift video, too, along with countless other companies. Quite literally every video she makes contains at least one blatant lie or undeclared ad.

From the CMA/Goverment guidelines for influencers:

20220710_19325899767786835675645905679567877879854675-978974489067409345768764RWER534534535709...png

Ruby, just take a vow of silence, you gaslighting fuckwit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
It does make me laugh that heatless curlers are now making their rounds on my IG when (from what I can tell, I haven’t dug that deep so happy to be corrected if I’m wrong) the basic premise would be a sophisticated version of the rag curls worn by Victorians etc during the night, but all I can see is that clip of Ruby trying it and failing….

ps I’m glad she kept that clip of her trying something and it not working out in, just a bit of a laugh and I can kinda see her turning her nose up at someone trying to “modernise” her previous Victorian routines when it quite literally has the same point

Reactions: 2
Her use of “*always*” reminds me of a certain snobby someone…

You know, I seriously hope she got out of that Hermione mentality because you can't just... Impersonate a fictional caracters... They are written to have flaws. Hermione has flaws. Many of which are just a reflection of JK Rowling's flaws. Feminity is always portrayed as bad in the HP universe, wether that is with the likeable female characters all being portrayed as "tomboys" or "not like the other girls" (Tonks, Ginny, Hermione, Luna...) or the "typical" female characters being portrayed as superficial or even unbearrable (Cho Chang, Lavender Brown...) or even with Dolores Umbridge, who is the incarnation of everything feminine and perceived by many as worst than Voldemort himself.
Ruby pisses me off because she talks about being kind all the time but does absolutely nothing to use her platform to talk about those issues. I am not on the "creators don't have to talk about social justice on their platforms" side. Yes they goddamm do, why would you not if you really believe in a cause?
And I feel like that would be such a good switch for her channel. To very slowly evolve into a channel about philosophy, analysis of literature-related subjects and social issues. She could talk about the way women were treated in the writing industry and women's rights in general, problematic tropes in writing, how you can really do kind things, like small everyday things that could really help people and are not "write a kind note to your mama" bullshit.
Like, "Give a water bottle to a homeless person" ? duck off that is so out of touch. Talk about how if you're 21 or older and have some spare time you probably can get involved with an organisation who does safe injection sites or distribution of stuff like food, sanitary products...
But she doesn't. She doesn't want to grow in real life, so it reflects to her Youtube channel, her target audience hasn't change since she was 16.
But that's the key to a good Youtube Channel. Anthony Padilla was in Smosh and now he's doing his interview stuff. And it works great. In every aspect of entertainment, content has to evolve with time and cultural context. That's why a lot of channels that had a huge reach in the early to mid 2010s are now slowly dying or completely dead.
Another good exemple is Shane Dawson (he is a very, very problematic person and youtuber but he really reflects what I'm talking about) who had a massive evolution in content and still has (sadly) a huge audience.
There's a youtuber, a french youtuber I used to watch, I went back to see what she was up to and guess what ? She made a video about abortion when RoeWade was overturned. Her channel is not about politics. But when it's important to you, you talk about it goddam.

So yeah Ruby sucks for that ig.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
View attachment 1509226
No she doesn't *always* declare ads. She just posted about those Perkier snack bars saying that it 'wasn't a sponsorship or anything', except she does have a long-standing connection to Perkier. They've been sending her boxes of gifted snack bars for years now. Just because they're not sponsoring that specific post doesn't mean there isn't a relationship between her current recommendation and her previous/future sponsorships. I can't tell whether she's deceptive or just dumb.

Also, I disagree with the last sentence. A lot of the time, shopping from small, independent retailers is more expensive than buying mass-produced items. It's hard for smaller shops to compete price-wise with larger stores. It's easy for someone like Ruby to say 'don't buy clothes from Primark' for example, but the truth is, people buy from Primark because the clothes are really cheap and lots of people don't have the money to shop around in different places. If anything, the economic crisis will make it harder for consumers to be selective about their buying habits because they'll be forced to opt for whatever option's cheapest. I don't think she understands that a lot of people won't be doing that much shopping, full stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
No she doesn't *always* declare ads. She just posted about those Perkier snack bars saying that it 'wasn't a sponsorship or anything', except she does have a long-standing connection to Perkier. They've been sending her boxes of gifted snack bars for years now. Just because they're not sponsoring that specific post doesn't mean there isn't a relationship between her current recommendation and her previous/future sponsorships. I can't tell whether she's deceptive or just dumb.

Also, I disagree with the last sentence. A lot of the time, shopping from small, independent retailers is more expensive than buying mass-produced items. It's hard for smaller shops to compete price-wise with larger stores. It's easy for someone like Ruby to say 'don't buy clothes from Primark' for example, but the truth is, people buy from Primark because the clothes are really cheap and lots of people don't have the money to shop around in different places. If anything, the economic crisis will make it harder for consumers to be selective about their buying habits because they'll be forced to opt for whatever option's cheapest. I don't think she understands that a lot of people won't be doing that much shopping, full stop.
she can kiss those last planner sales goodbye

Reactions: 6
And I feel like that would be such a good switch for her channel. To very slowly evolve into a channel about philosophy, analysis of literature-related subjects and social issues. She could talk about the way women were treated in the writing industry and women's rights in general, problematic tropes in writing, how you can really do kind things, like small everyday things that could really help people and are not "write a kind note to your mama" bullshit.
Like, "Give a water bottle to a homeless person" ? duck off that is so out of touch. Talk about how if you're 21 or older and have some spare time you probably can get involved with an organisation who does safe injection sites or distribution of stuff like food, sanitary products...
I hear what you're saying, but I think Ruby's version of activism would be the most patronising rubbish. She's too sheltered and uninformed to talk about these issues without sounding silly.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I wanted to comment on her IG so badly, but the comments are disabled (maybe because I refuse to follow her 😂)

You have such a good point there.
Funny thing, shopping from small retailers can be less expensive if you already have money. There's this famous exemple of the boots :
If you make so little money that you only have 50 spare bucks for boots, you have to buy 50$ boots. Let's say those boots last you like, a year or so. Every year you have to buy a new 50$ pair of boots.
If you had a little bit more money, you could probably buy a 100$ pair of boots, that would last you 10 years ! On the long run, you saved 400$. But poor people can't afford that 100$ pair of boots. They're stuck forever in the cycle.
I hate when rich people like Ruby make an esthetic out of being so sustainable and talk about it like it's a personnal choiche everybody should make. Yes, fast fashion and mass consumption is a huge problem. But you can't boil it down to "people don't care and buy 10 shirts every week". A lot of it come from this cycle of not being able to afford quality clothing or items because they cost wayyy to much money so you're stuck buying them again, and again, and again.
What's even more insulting is that, idk, people are poor where I come from. I've seen parents being sustainable without it being on purpose all my life, saving margerine and ice cream tubs to put lunches in, making homemade laudry detergeant, having a garden and chickens, hunting, making rags out of old t-shirts and buying clothes at the thrift store, having only one car, I could go on. So it's infuriating to me when people like Ruby (but like, many influencers do that) act like it all comes down to a personal choice, with fancy glass containers to put stuff in their fancy no waste shops (a lot of those, btw, are not that eco-friendly) in their gentrified neighbourhoods, telling people that they should not use their dryers and shut the water when they brush their teeth when I've seen people do it to make sure ends meet all my life.
(Of course there is nuance to this, all those things are still good but you have to talk about them with class consciousness and not act like you're revolutionary for it).

I hear what you're saying, but I think Ruby's version of activism would be the most patronising rubbish. She's too sheltered and uninformed to talk about these issues without sounding silly.
I mean sadly you're right, and even if she did it well, she would just give that celebrity cover of Imagine energy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.