Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her life looks so miserable to me. At 22 years old I wouldn't want to live like an orphan in a dirty, squalid Victorian boarding house.
Not once has she shown an aspect of her life that's inspired any sort of envy or positive feeling in me. You know, something that makes you think "wow, she's so lucky, I wanna live like her". Yeah her family is rich but she doesn't really use any of that money to actually enjoy her life, she just hoards it and essentially sits on it in her bedroom like a dragon. Their house is filthy and bleak, they live in the middle of nowhere, Ruby never goes anywhere, the food they eat is terrible, she has no friends, her Youtube channel is nothing to be proud of, she has no skills. I feel sorry for her
Yeah, I'm really not sure who'd want to emulate her life if they've been paying attention to her content.

She lies and fakes almost everything she does on a daily basis. She has to cobble together footage from across weeks and months just to assemble one fabricated "day" in her life, and even then it's full of the most mundane tit - she claims to read a few short books, do yoga, do some mindless busywork, go for a walk. And she looks miserable through all of it.

Her life is a barren wasteland of boredom. She has no talents and has never improved at any of the skills she should be using daily (writing, filming, editing). All her social interactions are with close relatives, playdates with the children of her parents' friends, meetups arranged by her management with other people they represent to cross-promote each other (surprise, surprise - her campout is with Jade), and now creepy meetups with young fans. She has to reuse footage from months/years ago to make it seem like she has active friendships with people, and fudges the numbers to claim friends of acquaintances as her own to make her social life seem more impressive and herself more popular.

There's nothing wrong with spending time alone or not having many friends if that's what works for you. Some people thrive in their own company, but Ruby's clearly not one of those people considering she doesn't seem to enjoy any single thing that she does by herself. The only time she seems genuinely happy is if mummy and daddy are in the same room or if she's been praised or rewarded for something (which she never worked for).

The only thing close to an enviable part of her life is her wealth, and the luxury of her being able to do duck all with no responsibility. But that's not something she worked for, it's something she was born into. And like you say, she's just squandered that privilege completely. Anyone else would've used her abundance of free time to grow as a person, develop skills, travel, enjoy hobbies, do all the things they love but there's never usually enough time for. Ruby just sits and decomposes in her bedroom tomb, wishing she was 11 and waiting for things to fall in her lap.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In her latest tiktok she is having a campout in her garden, but she can't think of a book where characters go camping and she is having to ask her to followers to comment for a book to read that involves the characters camping. I mean I can think of several books where the characters go camping The Famous Five, Swallows and Amazons, Curious George goes camping, Lord of the Flies and many others.
Don't Harry, Ron, and Hermione camp for a part of the Deathly Hallows? She can't even remember plot points of the one book series she's built an identity around?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh hey I made a new thread

Reactions: 6
Don't Harry, Ron, and Hermione camp for a part of the Deathly Hallows? She can't even remember plot points of the one book series she's built an identity around?
I think she lost interest when Hermione grew up and stopped trying to make everyone agree she was the smartest person in the room (not to mention started liking boys...)

PoA Hermione was at her "studyinspo" peak but Ruby seems fonder of mimicking first year Hermione's insults, complete with Emma Watson sneering tone. Even this year, aged 22, we saw she'd written the "You're pathetic" quote and stuck it on her window.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.