Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @braginskayas for the thread title!

Recap: Ruby graduated with a first from Exeter, putting her firmly in the top 50 % of students 🥳 She’s all set to spend the rest of her life this year regressing into childhood working on bEcOmInG a wROyTeR and getting a book deal. Grab a cup of Bard and Bland, get cosy in your torn-to-shreds armchair with a blanket, and follow Roobee as she becomes 7 again!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Adding on to the above, Ryoobee continues to share insightful book recommendations and climate-conscious outfits on Tiktok, while her YouTube channel is the place to go for infinite routines and weeks-late travel vlogs.

Reactions: 10
Adding on to the above, Ryoobee continues to share insightful book recommendations and climate-conscious outfits on Tiktok
And she's going hard on trying to make her TikTok successful, even though half the commenters on there are just roasting her. Stepping outside her echo chamber wasn't a great plan. She's also been accused of paying for TikTok's 'Promote' feature to boost her views and buying her way to success.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I know I'm probably on the wrong thread for this, but has anyone noticed that Ruby's life almost mirrors J.K. Rowling? They were both rejected from Oxford despite making high marks. Then, they went to the University of Exeter to study different subjects (J.K.-Languages and Ruby-Philosophy). The difference is that Ruby came to her senses and changed her subject to English. Has anyone figured out what secondary/sixth-form school she attended? I did, but won't post it for her privacy. I also bought her book. It was okay but awkward. I understand children acting more mature than normal, but I think she was trying too hard to assert Erimentha's intelligence that she forgot she was 11 and not 17. Has anyone else had that thought?

I know I'm probably on the wrong thread for this, but has anyone noticed that Ruby's life almost mirrors J.K. Rowling? They were both rejected from Oxford despite making high marks. Then, they went to the University of Exeter to study different subjects (J.K.-Languages and Ruby-Philosophy). The difference is that Ruby came to her senses and changed her subject to English. Has anyone figured out what secondary/sixth-form school she attended? I did, but won't post it for her privacy. I also bought her book. It was okay but awkward. I understand children acting more mature than normal, but I think she was trying too hard to assert Erimentha's intelligence that she forgot she was 11 and not 17. Has anyone else had that thought?
E.L. James went to the the same school as Ruby.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Nah hold on, following on from the last thread, who is this 17 year old she is hanging out with? Please tell me she’s a family friend and not one of her child followers that she’s befriended online?

Reactions: 8
As if the blouse isn't bad enough, the unlayered hair being tied back is making it look like she has a Victorian old lady bob. Getting a haircut is the least of Ruby's problems but I do actually think letting go of the long "princess hair" so many prepubescent girls are attached to would make a world of difference. So of course she'll never do it.

Reactions: 15
Nah hold on, following on from the last thread, who is this 17 year old she is hanging out with? Please tell me she’s a family friend and not one of her child followers that she’s befriended online?
Nope, no relation to Ruby and not a family friend.

She's a YouTuber with a very small following who seems to emulate Ruby in voice, mannerisms and video style. I'd stake money on Ruby having met her through that weird Dicord she set up exclusively for Studytubers under 500 followers so she could cherry-pick some new child penpals.

Ruby didn't tag the other "frands" she apparently took with her, so no idea who they are (or if they exist).

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Lots of adults have long "princess" hair that looks just fine. Even without a haircut there are ways to style long hair so it looks nice and modern. Just putting it in a braid would probably make it more comfortable in the heat.

While the hair itself isn't an issue for me, I think it's emblematic of the way Ruby's forced herself into an online persona. Other 22-year-olds feel free to wear their hair however they want, whether that's dying, curling, styling, cutting, or growing it. But since Ruby confines herself to her personality from a decade ago, she wouldn't even consider dying or cutting it.

Reactions: 14
Nope, no relation to Ruby and not a family friend.

She's a YouTuber with a very small following who seems to emulate Ruby in voice, mannerisms and video style. I'd stake money on Ruby having met her through that weird Dicord she set up exclusively for Studytubers under 500 followers so she could cherry-pick some new child penpals.

Ruby didn't tag the other "frands" she apparently took with her, so no idea who they are (or if they exist).
The other frands are probably even younger by the looks of it. Sorry but this is proper strange and I really hate it, I know I’m always banging on about it but adults have absolutely no business being friends with children and as a grown woman it is bleeping abnormal for her to be chilling with 17 year olds.

Reactions: 13
I wondered if they were other YTers under 'Sixteenth' management, but "befriended online" seems more likely 😬

Reactions: 4
I don't think it's a general principle that you can't / shouldn't be friends with 17-year-olds when you're 22. There are a lot of people who at 17 are already very mature. The problem is that Ruby is so immature that no real friendship with another 22-year-old (unless they have issues like herself) could ever work out, so she clings to younger people which look up to her since being a rolemodel is her ultimate booster for self-confidence.

Reactions: 18
Lots of adults have long "princess" hair that looks just fine. Even without a haircut there are ways to style long hair so it looks nice and modern. Just putting it in a braid would probably make it more comfortable in the heat.

While the hair itself isn't an issue for me, I think it's emblematic of the way Ruby's forced herself into an online persona. Other 22-year-olds feel free to wear their hair however they want, whether that's dying, curling, styling, cutting, or growing it. But since Ruby confines herself to her personality from a decade ago, she wouldn't even consider dying or cutting it.
Knowing Ruby I feel like she is probably fearful of cutting it. I was the same and had longer hair than her up until last week when I just got fed up with it and impulsively chopped it to shoulder length (mine was about 10x thicker than Ruby's so it was killing me in the heat) and I look so peng ngl, yet I’d been delaying cutting it for months because I’d become so used to the long hair I was worried I’d really hate it if I had short hair.

I don't think it's a general principle that you can't / shouldn't be friends with 17-year-olds when you're 22. There are a lot of people who at 17 are already very mature. The problem is that Ruby is so immature that no real friendship with another 22-year-old (unless they have issues like herself) could ever work out, so she clings to younger people which look up to her since being a rolemodel is her ultimate booster for self-confidence.
I mean, if the relationship is organic then it’s very different but Ruby uses her large platform and influence to specifically seek out these underage wannabe youtubers, and I think that’s where it becomes odd

Reactions: 16
And she's going hard on trying to make her TikTok successful, even though half the commenters on there are just roasting her.
Honestly, how can someone like Ruby deal with online hate? On YouTube, I rarely see negative comments which must mean that she reads, then deletes them. As a self-proclaimed formerly bullied schoolgirl who is apparently incapable of dealing with criticism (let alone hate) how is it possible that she still keeps doing her thing instead of disappearing from social media? She must go through terrible mental states every day or simply close her eyes to it

Reactions: 5
Yup, there's also a difference between just being friends with 17-year-olds as someone in your early 20s and actively seeking out teenagers to befriend. This is often a lazy comparison, but imagine if a 22 year old man was obsessively seeking out teenagers (especially teenage girls) to be friends with. Because of who Ruby is it's seen as non threatening (although I would argue she could potentially have a really bad impact on these girls if they don't realise she's mentally ill), but it really is an odd thing to do. I don't agree with the whole '17 year olds are children' thing, because I have met plenty of people in their late teens who were definitely adults - and plenty of people in their 20s who weren't! - but the deliberate desire to only spend time around people in their teens is borderline sinister.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
The other frands are probably even younger by the looks of it. Sorry but this is proper strange and I really hate it, I know I’m always banging on about it but adults have absolutely no business being friends with children and as a grown woman it is bleeping abnormal for her to be chilling with 17 year olds.
Right there with you.

Her weird regression into childhood habits is bad enough, but ultimately it only affects her own development. But actively pursuing friendships only with children is beyond creepy.

Between her own parents and the parents of the kids she's constantly sending letters and gifts to and trying to meet up with, they need to nip this tit in the bud real quick. Ruby's not the person they want talking to and coaching their kids privately, especially since her own sanity has taken an extended vacation. She's toxic enough in her videos, I dread to think the kind of eating and study habits she'd be recommending behind closed doors.

That and Ruby is absolutely the kind of person who would take private conversations with teenagers and use people's life experiences in her book without consent. She certainly isn't capable of writing a believable teenager otherwise.

She has several Discord groups, a book club and comments sections across multiple platforms if she wants to engage with young fans out in the open. There's zero reason for her to be privately conversing with kids, sending them letters and gifts and meeting up with them in person.

Plus cutting her hair would wreak havoc on her ability to sneak old footage into "new" videos or try to pass off multiple week's worth of footage as a single day, so she'll never do it.

Reactions: 26
As long as we don't get a transphobe era...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.