Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, I disagree with the last sentence. A lot of the time, shopping from small, independent retailers is more expensive than buying mass-produced items. It's hard for smaller shops to compete price-wise with larger stores. It's easy for someone like Ruby to say 'don't buy clothes from Primark' for example, but the truth is, people buy from Primark because the clothes are really cheap and lots of people don't have the money to shop around in different places. If anything, the economic crisis will make it harder for consumers to be selective about their buying habits because they'll be forced to opt for whatever option's cheapest. I don't think she understands that a lot of people won't be doing that much shopping, full stop.
Absolutely. And she also gets the vast majority of her clothes given to her for free by Miss Patina. She's out there wagging her finger that everyone else should support small businesses, buy sustainable products, avoid fast fashion, meanwhile she does none of those things. She's spent years actively avoiding visiting and promoting small businesses in favour of fawning over mass retail chains who might have the money to sponsor her.

She has no concept of the value of money to the average person. She has no clue what the average person can afford. All her bills are paid for. All her clothes are gifted to her. What little food she eats is gifted to her by Manilife and numerous snack bar companies. She doesn't have to work (I'm sure her fans will point out that being an influencer is work, but given the sheer lack of effort Ruby puts into any of her content, that's clearly not true). She can afford to buy whatever bullshit she wants and she'll never know what it's like to go without something. And that's great for her, but her constant out-of-touch soapbox lectures about how we all need to do better while this compulsive-lying, silver-spoon scam artist does nothing makes me want to push her into traffic.

It's the same as with her constant patronising finger-pointing that we all need to support our libraries and teachers and first-line workers, meanwhile Ruby does absolutely duck-all for libraries (treats borrowed books like crap, never donates her time, her spare hoarded books or her money), actively took money from the NHS, and her Tory-voting family and their kind are the reason why libraries, schools and the NHS are miserably under-funded.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don't get it either. I just assumed Manderley is a nod to Rebecca 🤷‍♀️
Isn't there a song called "On the road to Manderlay"?

Absolutely. And she also gets the vast majority of her clothes given to her for free by Miss Patina. She's out there wagging her finger that everyone else should support small businesses, buy sustainable products, avoid fast fashion, meanwhile she does none of those things. She's spent years actively avoiding visiting and promoting small businesses in favour of fawning over mass retail chains who might have the money to sponsor her.

She has no concept of the value of money to the average person. She has no clue what the average person can afford. All her bills are paid for. All her clothes are gifted to her. What little food she eats is gifted to her by Manilife and numerous snack bar companies. She doesn't have to work (I'm sure her fans will point out that being an influencer is work, but given the sheer lack of effort Ruby puts into any of her content, that's clearly not true). She can afford to buy whatever bullshit she wants and she'll never know what it's like to go without something. And that's great for her, but her constant out-of-touch soapbox lectures about how we all need to do better while this compulsive-lying, silver-spoon scam artist does nothing makes me want to push her into traffic.

It's the same as with her constant patronising finger-pointing that we all need to support our libraries and teachers and first-line workers, meanwhile Ruby does absolutely duck-all for libraries (treats borrowed books like crap, never donates her time, her spare hoarded books or her money), actively took money from the NHS, and her Tory-voting family and their kind are the reason why libraries, schools and the NHS are miserably under-funded.
Do you think her parents vote Tory? They seem like far left folk to me, but if Ruby said they are then I'm wrong.

Do you think her parents vote Tory? They seem like far left folk to me, but if Ruby said they are then I'm wrong.
100%. They've been clocked multiple times in the past reading right-wing rags like The Daily Mail and the Torygraph at the dinner table, to the point where Ruby had to buy a Lib Dem badge and show herself with it on her bag to "prove" she wasn't a Tory after she got backlash.

Her dad's a wealthy tax-dodger. I'd stake money on them being lifelong Tory-voters.

Reactions: 15
Doesn't his dad have money in a fiscal paradise or something ?
I am not aware at all of the politic climate in Britain tho, I know Thatcher and Churchill were absolute evil and that's pretty much it. If ever a kind soul (lol) wants to do a very, very short resume that would be cool.

Reactions: 2
I can no longer comment on The Roobster's Insta, she's put me on "restricted". Obvs I said something that didn't suit! 🤔

Reactions: 5
Doesn't his dad have money in a fiscal paradise or something ?
I am not aware at all of the politic climate in Britain tho, I know Thatcher and Churchill were absolute evil and that's pretty much it. If ever a kind soul (lol) wants to do a very, very short resume that would be cool.
He’s registered his accounts in jersey (allegedly) where you pay significantly less tax than on mainland England, not illegal but deffo immoral given he doesn’t live in jersey and is making a lot of money so can afford to pay full tax

• Sick
Reactions: 6
You have such a good point there.
Funny thing, shopping from small retailers can be less expensive if you already have money. There's this famous exemple of the boots :
If you make so little money that you only have 50 spare bucks for boots, you have to buy 50$ boots. Let's say those boots last you like, a year or so. Every year you have to buy a new 50$ pair of boots.
If you had a little bit more money, you could probably buy a 100$ pair of boots, that would last you 10 years ! On the long run, you saved 400$. But poor people can't afford that 100$ pair of boots. They're stuck forever in the cycle.
Ah yes, Commander Vimes' famous 'Boots' theory of socio-economic unfairness, as described in Men At Arms:

"A really good pair of leather boots, the sort that would last years and years, cost fifty dollars. This was beyond his pocket and the most he could hope for was an affordable pair of boots costing ten dollars, which might with luck last a year or so before he would need to resort to makeshift cardboard insoles so as to prolong the moment of shelling out another ten dollars.

Therefore over a period of ten years, he might have paid out a hundred dollars on boots, twice as much as the man who could afford fifty dollars up front ten years before. And he would still have wet feet."

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He’s registered his accounts in jersey (allegedly) where you pay significantly less tax than on mainland England, not illegal but deffo immoral given he doesn’t live in jersey and is making a lot of money so can afford to pay full tax
Not Jersey. Virgin Islands.

DB5C59C8-5369-4042-B017-AE3329E6238A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
"When I was at univaarstity, WHAN oiy was able to stay a week ahad of moiy READINGS, oiy was alwheys MOTCH MORE CALM. And I NAVVER REGRATTED dyoing loike...TWO WEEKS WARTH OF WAAHRRK IN THE FARRST WEEK."
Lmao, she was so far ahead with her work she was still writing and moving around paragraphs for her thesis like a week before it was due

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In today’s video she boasts that she has made a weekly reset routine that viewers can download. Can anyone advise what an “accompliment” is? 🙈😂
In Rubyspeak, "accompliments" are compliments to accompany your daily activities. You should REFLACKT on them at least once a week, so that you can feel VARRY proud of all the nothing that you did and were praised highly for.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also, I disagree with the last sentence. A lot of the time, shopping from small, independent retailers is more expensive than buying mass-produced items. It's hard for smaller shops to compete price-wise with larger stores. It's easy for someone like Ruby to say 'don't buy clothes from Primark' for example, but the truth is, people buy from Primark because the clothes are really cheap and lots of people don't have the money to shop around in different places. If anything, the economic crisis will make it harder for consumers to be selective about their buying habits because they'll be forced to opt for whatever option's cheapest. I don't think she understands that a lot of people won't be doing that much shopping, full stop.
My boyfriend has been tutoring the son of a couple who owns a little local store, one of those bougie stores that only sell organic foodstuff, fair trade, high-quality produce, etc. So every now and then they gift him some products from the store and he brings them home and we get to try this stuff that's completely out of our budget. And of course the quality is great, it tastes good, it's good for you, you know people were supposedly treated fairly during the process...but it's just so expensive. I mean, 15 euros for 50g of chocolate is way too expensive. There's no way we could afford to regularly shop at a place like that, even though I'd love to support a small local business and buy high-quality stuff.
So yes, Ruby's remark about people supporting Etsy stationery shops during an economic crisis comes off very "let them eat cake"-esque. I don't think she realizes that washi tapes are already a treat for a lot of people and will likely fall down to the bottom of many people's priorities in the near future.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wish that chicken was called Mendeley instead of Manderley - Mendeley is the name of a citation software program. She'd benefit from using it, as she always spends so much time doing her 5 footnotes for her essays.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wish that chicken was called Mendeley instead of Manderley - Mendeley is the name of a citation software program. She'd benefit from using it, as she always spends so much time doing her 5 footnotes for her essays.
and the names for the other ones: Zotero, EndNote ... and I'm sure there are more citation softwares. I'm using Zotero and that would make a good name for an animal.

Reactions: 1
Untitled789789.png

head-shake-disbelief.gif

I just can't. Her angry rant of protest that she AWHLWHEYS declares ads and is aWhLwHaYs transparent about brand deals and it's SYO UNFAHHR to call her a lying sneak is quite literally sandwiched between a video full of lies and undeclared ads and this, a post which is deliberately misleading about her ties to "Mispah Teena".

"I've been wearing Miss Patina for years."

Yes, because THEY'VE BEEN GIFTING YOU CLOTHES FOR YEARS. YOU ARE NOT JUST A FAN AND CUSTOMER. THIS IS THE tit WHICH YOU SHOULD DECLARE.

God, she's the absolute bleeping worst.

Reactions: 24
To be fair, we did say that once Ruby had finished uni she’d start school again at the beginning. Seems like we were right …
I knew I was right

What the hell have I just watched what lessons is she putting into her calendar is she just going to start turning up at random schools and universities and joining jn

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
So jarring to see her take out her old school books and writing high school level things on her to do lists for the video, it just seems like she will be stuck in a cycle of regression. How much can she exhaust the same video idea for back to school, you would think that finishing uni and starting a new life chapter would bring her away from such content.

Reactions: 13
and the names for the other ones: Zotero, EndNote ... and I'm sure there are more citation softwares. I'm using Zotero and that would make a good name for an animal.
Citavi, Zotero, EndNote and Mendeley would be great names for Ruby's chickens! As would "Grammarly"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.