Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This whole post is an acksquisite piece of literary fiction. I would pay to see it in vlog form, if only for the incongruous outfit choice.

I'm picturing this ''boys' ruffle shirt'' from Etsy, paired with some Elizabethan men's clothing - only the rich Elizabethans, obviously. No commoners allowed.

View attachment 1506593

View attachment 1506595

View attachment 1506599

Topped with un beret francais (a la jacques edouards)

View attachment 1506604

Finally, to complete the look, some Hello Kitty flip flops. These are children's shoes of course.

View attachment 1506611

This mermaid doll could also be pinned to the ruffle shirt to generate additional confusion.

View attachment 1506619

P.S. I don't know your gender, but your username has 'guy' in it, so I've chosen men's clothes...but also mermaids because mermaids are for everyone.
Magnificent! Add several gifted (but undeclared) brooches and this is truly an outfit to be worn 5 days a week!

So I had a random memory of a blog Ruby put up, maybe two years ago. She was walking along talking and then just randomly said this is boring and then the footage cut to another seen. I’m curious as to why the boring comment was kept in the blog and not edited out. Just a random thought.
She just doesn't pay any attention during editing whatsoever.

She's said a few times before that she sees the editing of writing as "boring" and "mindless". For most people it's a core part of the writing process and a crucial opportunity to grow and improve, but for Ruby, the idea that she didn't nail something perfectly on the first try and has to entertain the notion that she made a mistake and has to improve at something is completely insulting to her. She sees it as an unnecessary, time-consuming obstacle to her innate (imaginary) genius.

She seems to look at editing a video the same way - she does the bare minimum to make sure a video is a certain length and features all the sponsors she needs to show, and that's it. No second takes, no reviewing the audio, no double-checking the footage. Just slap together random footage and call it a day, no matter how much incompetence, technical glitches, continuity errors and self-doxxing stupidity she left in.

Not only are all her videos full of problems because she wasn't paying attention at any point, she's once again robbed herself of the opportunity to improve at something over time - spotting regular errors and learning not to do them next time, and so on. Anyone with 7 years of experience filming and editing should be a pro by now, but she's no better than the day she started.

Reactions: 12
For anyone who can't be bothered to travel: "Butternut, Joanie, Rosalie & Mandaley".

Does she mean Mandalay? or Manderley?
Did we honestly expect Mother Granger to be a great speller?

Maybe I’m missing some cultural context that Google is unable to find for me, but overall these names seem just fine to me… Chickens are the one pure wholesome thing in this world, idrc what some middle-aged Tory mum chooses to call them.

Reactions: 7
I have honestly just spend the last few minutes looking for Amunsta Quorls and the shopkeeper was indeed correct no such book exists so why was Ruby mentioning that We Were Wolves reminds her of this when the book doesn't exist in the first place.
Not to worry, I went back to Waterstones and after a lot of searching, I found a copy hiding in the stock room.

91ikWqzKVQL copy.jpg

The Waterstones employee will be VARRY embarrassed to learn how wrong he was, if he ever comes back from his lunch.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s about 4-5 km from her parents’ house, she posted a video when she bought it (but obviously didn’t say where it is lol) that she then took down due to backlash. This was in the spring of 2018 or 2019 I believe. There’s a link to the video (hosted on another site) in the wiki.
Thank you, I'll check it out. 😊 🙏

BTW, on the subject of autumn, last year Roobster was talking about it being autumn in July, the video was posted July 31st 2021. She talks of seasons being precious because they pass (so surely by that logic summer should be more precious than autumn, since it's the season leaving?) , with some reference to Emily Dickinson about seasons only coming once. The seasons are different every year but while one can still draw breath the seasons do keep returning. She seems to just spout any old tosh without any apparent consideration to, or reflection on, what she's saying.

Reactions: 6
She's giving away one single planner? Is it just me or does that seem a little stingy keeping in mind how big her platform is

Reactions: 12
She's giving away one single planner? Is it just me or does that seem a little stingy keeping in mind how big her platform is
Will the giveaway planner will have all of the right pages, in all of the right places? Who knows …

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not to worry, I went back to Waterstones and after a lot of searching, I found a copy hiding in the stock room.

View attachment 1506985

The Waterstones employee will be VARRY embarrassed to learn how wrong he was, if he ever comes back from his lunch.
I now know why I couldn't find the book it is because I couldn't understand what Ruby was saying as I thought she was saying Amunsta Quorls and not A Monster Calls. 😂
1660763121434.png

Reactions: 2
Will the giveaway planner will have all of the right pages, in all of the right places? Who knows …
The giveaway at least includes a small roll of washi tape to tape the planner back together when it falls apart after 10 minutes of use.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Will the lucky winner get the planner at all or will roobeedoobydoo fail to announce the winner? Tune in to find out!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also bear in mind that she is giving away her planner to someone who is collecting their A Level results tomorrow, I wonder if she is going to give away another planner for free when people are collecting their GCSE results.

Reactions: 8

Maybe I’m missing some cultural context that Google is unable to find for me, but overall these names seem just fine to me… Chickens are the one pure wholesome thing in this world, idrc what some middle-aged Tory mum chooses to call them.
I don't get it either. I just assumed Manderley is a nod to Rebecca 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3

Personally I found it funny because they sound like the names of girls that Ruby went to private school with (okay, maybe not Butternut). I guess there is some cultural context there.

Reactions: 6
@morganmichelle I’m still really interested in your answers to the questions I asked you, especially the first one:

Really sorry to everyone else for derailing the thread, I swear this is the last time I’ll bring it up 😅
]

To answer your question in short, yes I do. I say tor-tee-ya not -tor-til-lah, jalapeño not jah-la-peno. Why? Because that's how it's pronounced correctly. And asking if you pronounce Francis the same way you pronounce François is a silly question. Francis is an English name, François a French name. You don't pronounce Frances the same way you pronounce François😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.