Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"...This is johst waahr your hard wahhrk, anxiety-ridden days and sleep-deprived noites ACCUMULATE."

Well, firstly, you experienced none of that. Secondly, "accumulate" doesn't mean what you think it means. "Verb: gather together or acquire an increasing number or quantity of." Are you saying that the graduation is the point where you're just experiencing all of the stress and anxiety of your entire degree and you're having 57 mental breakdowns all at once?
Culminate? Is that what she means? 🧐

Reactions: 16
I mean I want to give her a little bit of credit for being slightly open about the fact that her mental health is poor atm. It’s bound to happen when something you’ve made your entire identity has been taken away from you and the only plan you have to replace that identity is utter bs, and you’re possibly just starting to realize how badly you’ve shot yourself in the foot 🙃

Reactions: 29
I mean I want to give her a little bit of credit for being slightly open about the fact that her mental health is poor atm. It’s bound to happen when something you’ve made your entire identity has been taken away from you and the only plan you have to replace that identity is utter bs, and you’re possibly just starting to realize how badly you’ve shot yourself in the foot 🙃
Yeah I agree, I think she might have gotten slightly further in her insight in her problems. She is still far from understanding herself, but she certainly has some more specific thoughts about her problems than the ones she shares online. Anyone would to some extent present a filtered version of their thoughts online, especially if it's about a topic as sensitive as mental health. The fact that she is sharing a bit about her massive insecurities is already a big accomplishment for her, remember that planner page / post-it or whatever where she reminded herself that it's okay to ask teachers when you don't understand something? Admitting that she's not perfect has been impossible for her for so long.

Reactions: 15
Agreed, and I love that you emphasize "something you've made your entire identity". This is all Ruby's doing. I've said it before, I think YouTube is possibly the worst decision she could have made because it encouraged her to keep up the overproductive Hermione image throughout her teenage and young adult years instead of gracefully maturing. Even so, Ruby could have at any point chosen to step back or shift her content as many YouTubers do.

Reactions: 10
Lmao in the fancy restaurant she says it’s funny the chairs they’re sat on have pumpkins on and “they (the restaurant staff) must have sat us here on purpose” girl I can assure you they don’t have a clue who you are
in fairness i think she was making a joke and it just didn’t land :ROFLMAO: my family and i say that sometimes - like when you walk into a place and they’re playing a song by your favourite artist you’d go “oh they must have known i was coming”

also, i noticed that her real accent slips out again in the segments where she’s with her family. honestly i wish she would just let herself talk like that because it makes her seem so much more tolerable

Reactions: 26
Does she say culottes strangely to anyone else or do all Southerners say it like that? I've only ever heard it pronounced as cu-lots but she says coo-lots
Older post I'm replying to but- am Southerner. Can confirm, she's just a head.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
“We had LANCH at PRAT” :ROFLMAO:

PRONOUNCE YOUR OTHER VOWELS, RUBY! THERE ARE FIVE, ‘A’ IS JUST ONE OF THEM. ARGH.
The best Rubyism: "I'm gyowing to play things by year." I honestly have no idea if she's just mispronounced "ear" with her fake, exaggerated Emma Watson accent or if she actually thinks that the expression is "play it by year". Maybe that's why she's just giving herself a year of avoiding reality.

Reactions: 10
the way she often acts as if university students are completely detached from the real world makes me so incredibly mad

Reactions: 19
4F4E19BB-A948-497C-B6D4-63360192B363.png

am I not up to date with acronyms or whatever because what is this title card supposed to MEAN or did forget to continue the sentence ??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
the way she often acts as if university students are completely detached from the real world makes me so incredibly mad
If she'd actually spent her time at Exeter interacting with others instead of at home, she might've met and befriended people from entirely different backgrounds pursuing different goals- you know, the point of university.

Ruby has no idea what university is like for the average or even above-average student. She doesn't know what normal studying looks like or how students on a budget actually live. She doesn't even seem to grasp how academia works.

Reactions: 24
You can actually see the exact moment when she comes to that realisation:

Untitled7465548466.jpg

She rambles a bunch, sprinkles in some faux-poetic "reflackshuns" in her acting voice and caps it off with another scholarly quote as though talking like a C+ A-level essay will make her seem smart. And then pauses for a moment with a look of complete despair as she probably realises how little it all meant.

Reactions: 18
I thought she would talk about doing a Masters next in this video but she didn't mention it. I wonder if she no longer wants to do one?

I wonder what she does all day now that she's not studying. We know she's not actually reading, and I doubt she writes more than an hour or two per day. I just hope that she doesn't spend too much time online watching food videos and things that could make her ED worse...

Reactions: 11
Regarding Ruby's graduation video... why did they all crowd in Ruby's old flat instead of idk... getting a hotel?

It's not like they can't afford it. My parents stayed in a hotel the night before my graduation. I would never get them to crowd in my flat for the night.

Reactions: 11
I don't think it goes for everyone! Long hair is lovely, Ruby just evidently doesn't look after hers and I think she keeps it that way because that's how children have it. With layers or styling long hair =/= childish imo, but Ruby's is screaming for something, anything.
As Ruby avoids eating anything with even a trace of fat in it, that will leave her hair and skin extra dry.

Reactions: 7
Regarding Ruby's graduation video... why did they all crowd in Ruby's old flat instead of idk... getting a hotel?

It's not like they can't afford it. My parents stayed in a hotel the night before my graduation. I would never get them to crowd in my flat for the night.
Stingy middle class moment 😜 tbf tho I guess she has been paying for that flat all year and only stayed there for a grand total of about 4 months so they probably wanted to get some use out of it before the lease ends lol

Reactions: 23

Maybe they thought it wasn't neccessary since they could crash Ruby's flat for free. Just because they can afford it doesn't mean they have to buy it. Of course, it could be down to the fact she wasn't driving herself. That's my opinion.

Reactions: 3
Just watched her old "anti-bullying" video about assumptions that people make about her, and what's even the point of it? All the assumptions are correct, and she confirmed them! And none of them are rude or bad, she just quotes someone's assumption like "you don't drink alcohol" or "you prefer one-on-one conversations", how is that even bullying?? It feels like she desperately wanted to be interviewed - you know, all of us sometimes imagine like we're being interviewed by David Letterman (or is it just me?). Guys... please beware of making the assumption that she doesn't know how to play chess, or she'll bully us with another video aggressively confirming this.

Wow, she is incredibly messy and aggressive in her new tiktok video. It's not her words but her facial expressions and her voice. She's trying to say something reasonable and prove that she doesn't care, but it's so obvious that she wants to rip out your heart and eat it.

"It doesn't bother me, I take it as a compliment"
View attachment 1451996

Anyone needs a new profile picture?

View attachment 1451998
View attachment 1451999
So much tension in her jaw she's gonna end up with a headache.

Ruby: "I AWLWHEYS enjoy wroiyting and it NAVVER feels like work."

Also Ruby:
View attachment 1452817

Shocking twist: I actually quite like her jumper.

Not shocking twist: She paired it with "kyoooo-lots" and brown boots and I'm like, what the duck are you even doing? None of this tit remotely goes together.
Would it damage her brand to say "I love writing but I'm not in the mood to do so ALL the time. Sometimes I'd rather go twirl in a field or cloudbathe instead"?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
As Ruby avoids eating anything with even a trace of fat, that will leave her hair and skin extra dry.
I haven't watched all her videos, but are you sure about the no-fat deal? there are plenty of vegan-friendly food with fat: avocado, nuts, coconut, olive oil, chia seeds, dark chocolate, and flaxseeds. I got this info off a site, so that may not be all the info.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.