Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
with what?
I would sweat in that jumper. Even in winter.
Untitled567545665.jpg

Oversized jumper paired with culotte trousers (or "kyoooo-lots" in Rubyspeak), brown boots and a random oversized scrunchie on her wrist the same colour as her sleeves.

It's just a fashion disaster.

Speaking of Rubyspeak:

Untitled56754566576575t5675.jpg

Ahh, yes, everyone's accent naturally changes from their normal accent to some improvisational jazz version of human speech filtered through the vocal stylings of fictional children throughout the day. I often ping-pong back and forth between sounding like Queen Elizabeth and Danny Dyer. It just happens, everyone does it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
View attachment 1452864

Oversized jumper paired with culotte trousers (or "kyoooo-lots" in Rubyspeak), brown boots and a random oversized scrunchie on her wrist the same colour as her sleeves.

It's just a fashion disaster.
aaahhh I forgot that those trousers exist. I don't know much about fashion and what suits a certain body type and what not. But I think Ruby is rather small, so like 1,60-ish? I'm 1,56m myself and always trying to wear things that more or less suit my short body and culottes aren't for short people. They make you look shorter. I once looked it up on the internet if they are suitable for shorter persons.

this outfit looks so strange. I'd feel so uncomfortable wearing and showing this to the whole world.

Reactions: 12
Does she say culottes strangely to anyone else or do all Southerners say it like that? I've only ever heard it pronounced as cu-lots but she says coo-lots

Reactions: 8
has anyone checked ruby's pinterest recently? her pins are so fascinating to me as some are so 'out there' compared to Ruby's life and what she portrays. e.g girly-glam women with full makeup, a girl on a boy's back etc

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I like that jumper too.

But I also read whilst I brush my teeth. - I’ve been lurking here since Easter and I’ve finally plucked up the courage to get that off my chest!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
When did she make a tiktok?
i don't understand why she joined tiktok and what for. It doesn't seem like her style.

And i thought she wore normal clothes when she isn't at home.....?
But i don't follow her often so i don't know 😪

has anyone checked ruby's pinterest recently? her pins are so fascinating to me as some are so 'out there' compared to Ruby's life and what she portrays. e.g girly-glam women with full makeup, a girl on a boy's back etc
i looked it up,but i didn't find the bf's pic lol. But i think it looks normal. You made me think she was living a double life 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
When did she make a tiktok?
i don't understand why she joined tiktok and what for. It doesn't seem like her style.

And i thought she wore normal clothes when she isn't at home.....?
But i don't follow her often so i don't know 😪
Was probably told to by her management, a lot of influencers who started out as youtubers are now trying their hand at tiktok and a lot of them are just so clueless about producing content tbh

Reactions: 10
I think the picture with a girl on a boys back is from that book/movie "we were liars", it said so in the description

Reactions: 6
Was probably told to by her management, a lot of influencers who started out as youtubers are now trying their hand at tiktok and a lot of them are just so clueless about producing content tbh
Yeah i was thinking the same thing. It seems irrelevant for her type of content. But you can also make a living off tiktok so i guess that's the reason...

Reactions: 7
Some like Jade, their content is cringey and fake but at least it's the kind of tiktok that gets clicks and resonates with some people. Ruby's is just a mess all over the place. Remember when she did yoga at a gas station because ???

Reactions: 14
Her TikTok content gives off a very "hello there fellow kids" vibe despite her being 22

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Some like Jade, their content is cringey and fake but at least it's the kind of tiktok that gets clicks and resonates with some people. Ruby's is just a mess all over the place. Remember when she did yoga at a gas station because ???
She'll really struggle to find a sustainable audience there because she has no sense of humour, style or self-awareness, and her brand of superficial, childish nonsense is far too out of touch to be popular on there. She's not smart, funny, talented or relatable and she's not someone the TikTok crowd will view as an aspirational figure. She has nothing at all to offer but unintentional cringe.

She won't crack Booktok because she doesn't read and has nothing remotely intelligent to say. (Today's book recommendation: The PARKS of Being a Wallflower. Ruby recites a half-assed cover blurb yet again and has nothung further to add.)

The only engagement she's getting is from the fans she brought with her and the people who're roasting her. She's hammering that Promote option to try to buy her way to success, but I don't think she realises that all that's going to do is open her up to a bigger, new audience who won't hesitate to ridicule her. She's not insulated there the same way she is on YouTube and she's far too thin-skinned to roll with the punches and laugh at herself.

It's not going to do any favours to sign up for a whole new platform of reminders that she's wildly out of touch and her minor fame and relevance are fading fast. Even her loyal fanbase on YouTube is deserting her. She has 709,000 followers on YouTube and she's struggled to sell 1,200 planners. She could only convince 0.17% of her followers to buy her merch. As a test case for how marketable Ruby's name is, it's disastrous, and her literary agent should be sweating right now considering that's the only reason she got signed.

Reactions: 19
what is funny to me is that she wants to be a child version of Hermione but on that Bird & Blend event she just resembles Dolores Umbridge

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Had a look at a few comments and honestly, Ruby needs to stop taking herself too seriously.

I wouldn’t construe a single one of those comments as “bullying”. Saying she resembles Shakespeare or the “berries and cream” kid is literally just banter. Perhaps Ruby has never had a friendship like that, where making little jokes and fun of each other is part of the relationship, but that’s literally all there is to it.

They’re not saying “it’s ugly”, making personal digs or anything of the sort. If she’s going to be quirky and then put herself online, she needs to be accustomed to humorous comments. Learn to laugh at yourself and develop thicker skin. They’re not trying to upset you.

Learn to laugh at yourself, Rubes.

Reactions: 18
what is funny to me is that she wants to be a child version of Hermione but on that Bird & Blend event she just resembles Dolores Umbridge
This has always been one of my favourite Ruby things. She always sees herself as the young, gifted child hero when she's usually got infinitely more in common with the villain.

She thinks she's Matilda, gifted and precocious child who defeats bullies and is loved by her caring teacher. When really she's Harry Wormwood: a greedy, deceitful, self-important grifter with a scam business selling faulty products at inflated prices.

Reactions: 23
Same - does anyone know where it's from? It'll probably be somewhere stupidly expensive and out of my budget, knowing Ruby, but I'm holding out hope haha
She says in the video that it was her mother’s and is from 30 years ago.

Reactions: 4
This has always been one of my favourite Ruby things. She always sees herself as the young, gifted child hero when she's usually got infinitely more in common with the villain.

She thinks she's Matilda, gifted and precocious child who defeats bullies and is loved by her caring teacher. When really she's Harry Wormwood: a greedy, deceitful, self-important grifter with a scam business selling faulty products at inflated prices.
This. This is exactly the type of character I was thinking of.

Ah there you all are don't mind me I'll be in the corner on my exercise ball

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.