Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single bleeping idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a bleeping saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop.
Honestly I agree with some of this. I may be in the minority here but I've never thought Ruby is a bad person. She's sheltered and is definitely irresponsible with her influence, what with her promotion of a lifestyle that's unhealthy in multiple ways. But while there are some influencers who I genuinely think are bad people and who I really dislike (cough Chris Ingham), mostly I just feel a mixture of angry and sad for Ruby. Yes her promotion of these tiny meals and excessive exercise and what have you anger me, but I also do feel sad for her. She seems lonely and caught up in her own head. I feel like she's escaping home so much because she craves comfort and stability. I follow along with this thread because I am engaged in her but I also worry about her mental health. I wish for her recovery I really do.
Half in agreement with these posts. The world of online influencers is incredibly toxic, and judged by these standards Ruby's content is relatively harmless. I mean, she's hardly comparable to the likes of Jake Paul. I used to feel a lot more sympathy with Ruby because I thought she seemed sweet and felt worried that her mental health wasn't the best. I sympathise with anyone struggling with anxiety because I've been there and it sucks. However, I also think that sometimes we see people struggling and make excuses for behaviour that's genuinely out of line. For example, the only reason people are asking to see receipts for the Ukraine donation is because Ruby has lied frequently about trivial things to the point where nobody here trusts her anymore. She frequently uses charitable causes to further her social media brand but shows zero actual commitment to these. Instead, Ruby will place herself at the centre of these posts and it often leads to insensitive 'white saviour' type content. Holocaust Memorial video was the worst example of this, but let's not forget her hypocritical comments about fast fashion, despite continuing to buy from less-than-ethical brands. And the UNICEF video, etc. You can't just latch onto causes and use other people's suffering to further your own image as a 'good person'.

Aside from these issues, I also stopped making excuses for Ruby when I saw how unkindly she behaved towards her followers with EDs. She's very much aware of ED behaviours and triggers, many people have asked her to stop making content that actively triggers their eating disorder, yet Ruby has increased her ED baiting content. That's as far from kindness as you can get. The same applies to people with anxiety saying that her ridiculously high-speed narration means they can't watch her videos anymore. She asked what she could do to improve, the followers answered, she disregarded their feelings. People who bought her planners encountered the same reaction, with Ruby now posting about creating new planners when some people are still waiting for refunds for the ones they haven't received - again, showing zero care for other people. Setting up a book group for fans and then refusing to answer any of their messages is hardly considerate either.

Just to add more to the list of problematic stuff: a lot of Ruby's behaviour comes across as very self-centered. At first I gave her the benefit of the doubt because it's her job as a youtuber to post about her life and her channel may not be a full reflection of her lifestyle. Since then she's increased the number of ads per video. At this point she couldn't get more money-grabbing and materialistic. Ruby shows no thought when it comes to accepting ads - she'll accept all of them. In the middle of a huge cost of living crisis, she's gleefully accepting boxes full of snack bars, laptops, free drinks, piles of clothes. There was that video where she went shopping right after Christmas because apparently a room full of presents isn't enough to see her through January. Speaking of the planners, wasn't she charging like £6 for a single piece of ribbon? Money. Grabbing. Ruby tracks everything she does obsessively and I just don't think it's good to be so hyper focused on your daily routine. A world exists outside of the Roobeeverse!

There's also the arrogance and inability to accept constructive criticism (including disagreeing with tutors' marking). Let's face it, Ruby has always looked down on people who are not like her: less academic = less intelligent, students who go to parties = badly behaved, students who drink alcohol = people to avoid, girls who wear makeup = shallow. She can't stand anyone being more informed than her and I think it's a super unlikeable trait.

So, I don't think I can agree that Ruby's not a bad person. She's definitely not the worst person and I'm sure she has good qualities, but I can't look past all of the crappy things she's done.

Last point, I promise - I can't speak for anyone else, but I joined because I found these threads entertaining. Threads about a genuinely terrible person (like an abuser or something) wouldn't be something I'd follow because the issues would be too serious for the kind of humour in those amazing Erimentha recaps or the Gossip Guy summaries. Complaining about trivia is fine as long as it's funny imo.

Apologies for the absolute dissertation I've just written. Congrats to anyone who got to the end. 👏😂

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think you and many people here will make a bad comment about anything she is related with. I love this forum but sometimes I genuinely feel like ya all are talking tit just for the sake of talking tit. Like for example when she donated money to Ukraine, Ya all were like "wElL wHeRe'S thE pRoOf?" Did Jack Edwards and few other influencers that conducted the donations through livestream show you receipts? Wasn't it directly connected to the fundraiser? Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single bleeping idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a bleeping saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop. I am going "HELL YEAH" when ya all calling out Ruby for being a bloody liar etc, but there's always a limit to everything. Don't drag someone down just because you "need" to, you don't have to force yourself to DESPISE every single tit she does. She's a human like all of us, she has both good and bad inside of her.
When an influencer has a storied history of taking money from or for charities and either not returning it or not passing it on to its intended recipient, and lying their ass off for months so that they can keep said money, then the onus is absolutely on them to prove that they're actually donating any more money they claim to.

Don't forget, there's still been zero proof that Ruby has donated any of the ad revenue or returned any of the money she accepted in situations where she handled the money herself. For the Ukraine charity, it was the one outlier where the money went direct to the cause, and it was telling that Ruby threw together a half-assed livestream with zero fanfare and looked miserable the whole time.

In the case of the Holocaust charity, she came up with the most wildly dubious lies to keep the money. So forgive people for expecting proof when she does it over and over again, and only puts effort into charity drives when there's a chance for her to keep the money.

Other influencers like Jack Edwards or Holly Gabrielle get their own fair share of tit too, but they have their own threads for that, and while both of them have major issues, neither of them have gone to the extreme lengths Ruby has to take and keep charity money on multiple occasions, or lie so much about so many things in her content, so naturally they won't get criticised when they do charitiy fundraisers.

If Ruby did it once, realised her mistake and then apologised, returned the money and moved on, it would've been quickly forgotten. But she didn't. She lied and lied and then kept swindling charity money at every opportunity. She earned herself a scarlet letter 'C' and people are naturally going to raise an eyebrow and ask questions whenever she gets involved with another charity given her history.

We don't know what happens behind closed doors, so we only have Ruby's content and actions to go by.

So far I've seen her take money from multiple charities and lie to avoid giving it back.

I've seen her fabricate the timescales of almost all her videos to make it seem like she accomplishes far more than any of her viewers, and then respond to their comments of shock and disappointment that they work themselves ragged and still can't do as much with smug, condescending words.

I've seen her breach ad rules in almost every one of her videos this year and beyond.

But most damningly, I've seen her encourage toxic, dangerously unhealthy eating and working habits and directly advise young viewers to simply drink lots of water and eat dry snacks all day while working themselves to the bone in pursuit of daily accomplishments that physically aren't possible. And she's done this non-stop despite being directly told the harmful impact it's having and being asked to stop by people affected so many times.

There might be things going on that excuse the damage she does to herself, but there's no excuse for the toxic habits and damage she passes on to others. That's deliberate, it's done knowingly, and there's zero excuse for it. In my eyes, she's absolutely a bad person. Nobody's perfect, but Ruby often goes so far over the line to lie, cheat and steal that I fail to see how anything happening off-screen can justify that behavior.

I'd give praise where it's due for Ruby, but let's be honest, when was the last time Ruby did anything good without caveats or having to be dragged kicking and screaming to take part if there was nothing in it for her? When was the last time showcased even a modicum of effort or growth in any of her content? When was the last time her content wasn't full of lies, laziness and undeclared ads?

This is a gossip site, and a section reserved for roasting influencers. Naturally, the comments are going to be overwhelmingly negative. If you expect glowingly positive praise, this is the wrong place and you'd be better off browsing her comments sections.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Not to mention when she made that survey encouraging children from the age of 12 and under to send her their contact information in the hopes of being penpals with her.
All in all, some of the things she does are genuinely bad and unacceptable, other things are not as bad but still paint her as a weird individual, and to be honest Ruby is far too old for people to put up with her acting like a self-obsessed 12 year old with no common sense or self-awareness. I don't think she deserves to be treated with kid gloves because we might not know what's going on behind the scenes and we don't have the full picture. Remember that she's an influencer who earns god knows how much money from the way she acts on the Internet. She really does not need rescuing from the mean bullies on the gossip thread

Reactions: 33
I think you and many people here will make a bad comment about anything she is related with. I love this forum but sometimes I genuinely feel like ya all are talking tit just for the sake of talking tit. Like for example when she donated money to Ukraine, Ya all were like "wElL wHeRe'S thE pRoOf?" Did Jack Edwards and few other influencers that conducted the donations through livestream show you receipts? Wasn't it directly connected to the fundraiser? Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single bleeping idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a bleeping saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop. I am going "HELL YEAH" when ya all calling out Ruby for being a bloody liar etc, but there's always a limit to everything. Don't drag someone down just because you "need" to, you don't have to force yourself to DESPISE every single tit she does. She's a human like all of us, she has both good and bad inside of her.
I think a lot of the people reading and writing in the Ruby thread got to know her videos and found particular aspects of them interesting, at times even entertaining or enjoyable, but came to see problematic behaviour over time and wanted to discuss these issues with others. That's what this forum is for, it's a gossip site. People who post in this thread judge her in different gradations but the overall tone will be to analyse what she does from a critical angle.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I mean I totally agree that we only get a very limited glimpse into her life. But this assumption about her dad has no more foundation than many other things you claim are holdless accusations. :D
Tattle is literally for gossip, and I am very aware of that. I was just pointing out how some people here have to drag her down for EVERYTHING. You don't have to call her out for every single tit, specially if there isn't tit to be called out for. Being petty at times is cute, yaaaasss call her out for taking money from all those charities or chugging out crappy planners but being a borderline hater about everything and adding "I am just concerned" is insensitive and hypocrite.

I totally agree with you on a lot of this I can’t lie, sometimes I come on to tattle and read stuff people are writing (not just on this thread, on other threads too) and I’m like omg you need to get a grip 💀 and I’m sure people do the same about some of my posts too 😂! But that’s the thing about tattle, it is a gossip site, people come here to talk tit for the sake of talking tit and everyone has the right to express their opinion, even if it’s mega petty.
TW- SUICIDE
I agree with everything you said except the part where you said "Its okay to let people tell their mega petty opinions." Now this is in no shape or form related to Ruby, but I would just like to share an example. If someone said rn "RUBY GO bleeping KILL YOURSELF." thats also an opinion, but should that be in anyway reasonable to express? Opinions and assumptions are important, they are part of the constructive criticism, but pulling a Kanye shouldn't be encouraged.

She puts her life online and profits from it. She makes money from us watching her videos. So we are going to speculate and call her out on the bad stuff she does. (ED baiting, body checking, being a bad influence on her young viewers, toxic productivity, lying about said productivity, stealing from charities, being a slob on camera even though it's her job.) If you want exclusively positive comments you can always go to her youtube comment section.
I didn't for once question anyone for calling her out on things that needs to be addressed. What I am trying to highlight here, and I am sincerely sorry if someone is hurt by any of my comments, is that we don't have to talk tit just for the sake of talking tit. Its absurd how sometimes people in this forum will take a perfectly normal thing and twist it into something crazy like as if she is some kind of Youtube Maleficent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
TW- SUICIDE
I agree with everything you said except the part where you said "Its okay to let people tell their mega petty opinions." Now this is in no shape or form related to Ruby, but I would just like to share an example. If a someone said rn "RUBY GO bleeping KILL YOURSELF." thats also an opinion, but should that be in anyway reasonable to express? Opinions and assumptions are important, they are part of the constructive criticism, but pulling a Kanye shouldn't be encouraged.
Yeah just to clarify, I meant petty opinions such as ‘the way she talks annoys me’ or ‘her fashion sense is dreadful’. I’m pretty sure encouraging suicide goes against tattles rules and if anyone posted something like that it’d be swiftly deleted by mods.

Reactions: 20
Tattle is literally for gossip, and I am very aware of that. I was just pointing out how some people here have to drag her down for EVERYTHING. You don't have to call her out for every single tit, specially if there isn't tit to be called out for. Being petty at times is cute, yaaaasss call her out for taking money from all those charities or chugging out crappy planners but being a borderline hater about everything and adding "I am just concerned" is insensitive and hypocrite.

TW- SUICIDE
I agree with everything you said except the part where you said "Its okay to let people tell their mega petty opinions." Now this is in no shape or form related to Ruby, but I would just like to share an example. If someone said rn "RUBY GO bleeping KILL YOURSELF." thats also an opinion, but should that be in anyway reasonable to express? Opinions and assumptions are important, they are part of the constructive criticism, but pulling a Kanye shouldn't be encouraged.

I didn't for once question anyone for calling her out on things that needs to be addressed. What I am trying to highlight here, and I am sincerely sorry if someone is hurt by any of my comments, is that we don't have to talk tit just for the sake of talking tit. Its absurd how sometimes people in this forum will take a perfectly normal thing and twist it into something crazy like as if she is some kind of Youtube Maleficent.
No one is telling anyone to go unalive themselves. I feel like you would do well to take a step back and possibly a chill pill.

Reactions: 33

TW- SUICIDE
I agree with everything you said except the part where you said "Its okay to let people tell their mega petty opinions." Now this is in no shape or form related to Ruby, but I would just like to share an example. If a someone said rn "RUBY GO bleeping KILL YOURSELF." thats also an opinion, but should that be in anyway reasonable to express? Opinions and assumptions are important, they are part of the constructive criticism, but pulling a Kanye shouldn't be encouraged.

Ffs I've never read any comments on here that crossed the line. Let's not be dramatic here.
There are dozens of different people writing comments on this thread, you can't expect all of them to only comment on things that you personally agree about. If someone is criticizing Ruby on something that you think isn't a big deal you can express your opinion and further the discussion or just move on and ignore it

Reactions: 22
I never made any comments regarding her donations to Ukraine. I personally am not 'talking tit just for the sake of talking tit'. I'm making an observation and am trying to show how worried I am for Ruby's health. It seems to me you're not really aware of what this forum is about..

Reactions: 6
When an influencer has a storied history of taking money from or for charities and either not returning it or not passing it on to its intended recipient, and lying their ass off for months so that they can keep said money, then the onus is absolutely on them to prove that they're actually donating any more money they claim to.

Don't forget, there's still been zero proof that Ruby has donated any of the ad revenue or returned any of the money she accepted in situations where she handled the money herself. For the Ukraine charity, it was the one outlier where the money went direct to the cause, and it was telling that Ruby threw together a half-assed livestream with zero fanfare and looked miserable the whole time.

In the case of the Holocaust charity, she came up with the most wildly dubious lies to keep the money. So forgive people for expecting proof when she does it over and over again, and only puts effort into charity drives when there's a chance for her to keep the money.

Other influencers like Jack Edwards or Holly Gabrielle get their own fair share of tit too, but they have their own threads for that, and while both of them have major issues, neither of them have gone to the extreme lengths Ruby has to take and keep charity money on multiple occasions, or lie so much about so many things in her content, so naturally they won't get criticised when they do charitiy fundraisers.

If Ruby did it once, realised her mistake and then apologised, returned the money and moved on, it would've been quickly forgotten. But she didn't. She lied and lied and then kept swindling charity money at every opportunity. She earned herself a scarlet letter 'C' and people are naturally going to raise an eyebrow and ask questions whenever she gets involved with another charity given her history.

We don't know what happens behind closed doors, so we only have Ruby's content and actions to go by.

So far I've seen her take money from multiple charities and lie to avoid giving it back.

I've seen her fabricate the timescales of almost all her videos to make it seem like she accomplishes far more than any of her viewers, and then respond to their comments of shock and disappointment that they work themselves ragged and still can't do as much with smug, condescending words.

I've seen her breach ad rules in almost every one of her videos this year and beyond.

But most damningly, I've seen her encourage toxic, dangerously unhealthy eating and working habits and directly advise young viewers to simply drink lots of water and eat dry snacks all day while working themselves to the bone in pursuit of daily accomplishments that physically aren't possible. And she's done this non-stop despite being directly told the harmful impact it's having and being asked to stop by people affected so many times.

There might be things going on that excuse the damage she does to herself, but there's no excuse for the toxic habits and damage she passes on to others. That's deliberate, it's done knowingly, and there's zero excuse for it. In my eyes, she's absolutely a bad person. Nobody's perfect, but Ruby often goes so far over the line to lie, cheat and steal that I fail to see how anything happening off-screen can justify that behavior.

I'd give praise where it's due for Ruby, but let's be honest, when was the last time Ruby did anything good without caveats or having to be dragged kicking and screaming to take part if there was nothing in it for her? When was the last time showcased even a modicum of effort or growth in any of her content? When was the last time her content wasn't full of lies, laziness and undeclared ads?

This is a gossip site, and a section reserved for roasting influencers. Naturally, the comments are going to be overwhelmingly negative. If you expect glowingly positive praise, this is the wrong place and you'd be better off browsing her comments sections.
I would really love to clarify again that I AM NOT CALLING SOMEONE OUT FOR ADDRESSING RUBY'S DISTURBING BEHAVIOURS. All I wanted to say in that post is, sometimes people here call her tit just for the sake of calling her tit. Just because this forum brews negativity doesn't mean it has to throw around destructive criticism yeah? I adore a lot of the reactions from you guys, call missgirl out for tit she is doing wrong, probably her looking at the forums will give her some damn idea on how to make her content more engaging and perhaps even help her reflect on her wrongs but throwing around destructive criticism and insults for fun, what does that really even say about the person? That they are crappy and they own it? That hell yeah I am a hater, take that and stick it up your ass Roobes? Everyone here specially you gossipguy, address Ruby's bullshit very sensibly, I think we can agree that being an asshole can't be justified in anyway, if we are gonna talk about the perception of someone's character (Ruby's) and hand her out reality checks, than we can also handout free "chill tf down" checks to the asshole commenters. Just "Hey man, yk that tit was unnecessary yeah? tf?."

I never made any comments regarding her donations to Ukraine. I personally am not 'talking tit just for the sake of talking tit'. I'm making an observation and am trying to show how worried I am for Ruby's health. It seems to me you're not really aware of what this forum is about..
Hey when I would like to apologize for subjecting you in that message. Maybe I was going for "you" in a more generalized tone, but I think I chose to reply to your comment because you were justifying how she probably has ED when the other person replied they think she is a perfect weight, and they are a lot thinner and perfectly healthy. I understand you were probably just concerned, I only wanted to get out the message by directly replying to someone's comment. :) I am sincerely sorry if I made you feel subjected to an insult.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I would really love to clarify again that I AM NOT CALLING SOMEONE OUT FOR ADDRESSING RUBY'S DISTURBING BEHAVIOURS. All I wanted to say in that post is, sometimes people here call her tit just for the sake of calling her tit. Just because this forum brews negativity doesn't mean it has to throw around destructive criticism yeah? I adore a lot of the reactions from you guys, call missgirl out for tit she is doing wrong, probably her looking at the forums will give her some damn idea on how to make her content more engaging and perhaps even help her reflect on her wrongs but throwing around destructive criticism and insults for fun, what does that really even say about the person? That they are crappy and they own it? That hell yeah I am a hater, take that and stick it up your ass Roobes? Everyone here specially you gossipguy, address Ruby's bullshit very sensibly, I think we can agree that being an asshole can't be justified in anyway, if we are gonna talk about the perception of someone's character (Ruby's) and hand her out reality checks, than we can also handout free "chill tf down" checks to the asshole commenters. Just "Hey man, yk that tit was unnecessary yeah? tf?."

Hey when I would like to apologize for subjecting you in that message. Maybe I was going for "you" in a more generalized tone, but I think I chose to reply to your comment because you were justifying how she probably has ED when the other person replied they think she is a perfect weight, and they are a lot thinner and perfectly healthy. I understand you were probably just concerned, I only wanted to get out the message by directly replying to someone's comment. :) I am sincerely sorry if I made you feel subjected to an insult.
I appreciate your apology but I felt personally attacked. I'm relatively new here and I'm only making observations. I never said she 100% most definitely has an ED. I'm only saying she's showing signs of having an ED, due to her vegan diet, her choice of words, her visual decline in appearance, her lack of eating, her over exercising and major weight loss, all compared to her older videos. These are all just my opinions. It's my opinion that she's unhealthy, just as it's someone else's opinion that she is healthy. Like I said in another reply, ED's don't have weights. Someone can weigh 200lbs and still have an ED. Yes, I'm concerned for Ruby's health and well-being, that's all :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ffs I've never read any comments on here that crossed the line. Let's not be dramatic here.
There are dozens of different people writing comments on this thread, you can't expect all of them to only comment on things that you personally agree about. If someone is criticizing Ruby on something that you think isn't a big deal you can express your opinion and further the discussion or just move on and ignore it
Well I am furthering the conversation than,
Maybe so. But you're probably naturally slim whereas Ruby isn't; as evident from her older videos. I'm just showing my concern and her negative influence on younger viewers, that's all.

Definitely. An ED has no weight and I'm not trying to say everyone who is slim has an ED, but like I said in another reply, I'm just talking about Ruby. She used to be bigger, and she never was big or phat. I'm just saying she looks unhealthy in my opinion, when comparing her figure to her older videos. That's all.
Just because she had more considerable amount of weight in her previous videos, doesn't mean she was healthier back than. weight we think looks good on her is not equals to a healthy lifestyle. Some thinner people have better metabolism later than they did before they lost weight. But yes she looks paler and a lot more tired in the recent videos.

I appreciate your apology but I felt personally attacked. I'm relatively new here and I'm only making observations. I never said she 100% most definitely has an ED. I'm only saying she's showing signs of having an ED, due to her vegan diet, her choice of words, her visual decline in appearance, her lack of eating, her over exercising and major weight loss, all compared to her older videos. These are all just my opinions. It's my opinion that she's unhealthy, just as it's someone else's opinion that she is healthy. Like I said in another reply, ED's don't have weights. Someone can weigh 200lbs and still have an ED. Yes, I'm concerned for Ruby's health and well-being, that's all :)
I understand :)) and honestly again, I am sorry for making you feel subjected to an insult. That must have felt awful and I feel awful for being a part of it.

No one is telling anyone to go unalive themselves. I feel like you would do well to take a step back and possibly a chill pill.
I mentioned this wasn't related to Ruby, I was addressing how he/she/them said everyone has the right to express their mega petty opinion (which he/she/them have later elaborated they meant a smaller scale of pettiness.) Perhaps my example of TW- (suicide) wasn't very interlinked to Ruby's but I wasn't discussing Ruby in that comment, it was explaining nah man, not all pettiness should be allowed to be expressed.

I basically just lurk here but I have to agree. I think a lot of the time it's less a matter of Ruby being actively malicious and more a combination of her privileged and very sheltered upbringing meaning she doesn't always think about the best course of action. A good example of this is, I think, the charity money debacle. I don't think she specifically set out to swindle a charity out of money, but she lacks the life experience and common sense to see that if a charity offers you money to promote their cause the more moral thing to do is not accept it. She's never really had to deal with criticism in her life because she's grown up as a teacher's pet and a favoured child, so when people call her out she panics, assumes it must be "bullying" because that's the only word for "people not agreeing with her" that exists in her limited life vocabulary, and digs herself a hole rather than take accountability because, again, that's something she's never been taught to do.

Similarly with the notion page, she's grown up in an environment where her opinions and contributions are always praised and welcomed so now she's in a place where she assumes that making her own Holocaust memorial page is somehow a good course of action rather than amplifying the words of actual survivors/victims and their relatives. Again, I don't think she's intentionally malicious, but she's gotten into a place where she repeatedly does things like this because she's never expected the world to work any differently.

Of course, the consequences of her actions are still the same regardless of her intentions, and she's now a nearly 22 year old adult who should really be learning these things by now, so you can't let her off the hook too much, but I think this thread does sometimes steer too close to forgetting where Ruby's actual problems lie in favour of painting her as someone who would lie, steal, and swindle just for the fun of it.
Thank you for this. I am not a very expressive person and I find it difficult to articulate my views and thoughts at times, but this comment right here pretty much sums up everything I wanted to say. Specially the last para.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
ugh we’re drifting away again, go post something for us to discuss ruby!

Reactions: 21
tw ED mention!!!

probably already been discussed but have we seen ruby’s pinterest board ‘healthy and green’?? reminds me of one i had that was much much the same at the worst of my ed….

Reactions: 5
tw ED mention!!!

probably already been discussed but have we seen ruby’s pinterest board ‘healthy and green’?? reminds me of one i had that was much much the same at the worst of my ed….
Huh I just looked it up and it looks like a straight-up thinspo board to me, what the duck. Either that or she's just really into women.

I just don't understand why she put that on her public Pinterest page under her brand name (Ruby Granger)? When you mentioned it I automatically assumed it was on a personal page under another name that people had snooped out/found, but nope. Just straight up "Ruby Granger".

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Huh I just looked it up and it looks like a straight-up thinspo board to me, what the duck. Either that or she's just really into women...

I just don't understand why she put that on her public Pinterest page under her brand name (Ruby Granger)? When you mentioned it I automatically assumed it was on a personal page under another name that people had snooped out/found, but nope. Just straight up "Ruby Granger".
exactly, that’s what i thought. i’m not an influencer and even i have private boards 😂 very thinspo vibes and not something she needs under her brand name for a young audience to see!!!

Reactions: 12
Does that board really qualify as thinspo? Serious question, because there’s hardly any pictures of bodies on there. Just lots of green food, smoothies and women with face masks. Looks more like wellness/health/performative self-care to me.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.