Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby is just shameless in everything she does. I'll have a look at AINY though! I've been wanting to read that one for ages.
I couldn't recommend it more, as well as the other books in the series! The three protagonists are unique, well-thought-out, fiery and passionate in their own ways, and it's a wonderful story of feminist solidarity intertwined with a really strong narrative about mental illness. The protagonists really do act their age, IMO - it's neither overly pretentious nor twee. Ruby could never dream of writing something with such nuance.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She claims she's been working on the final edits for the next planner, implying that any work or changes go into those flimsy, cheaply-designed and produced wastes of paper other than a minor colour-swap and a date change. She's also under the illusion that people will buy another of her planners considering the previous disaster and the abundance of stock she's struggling to sells from last time.
I watched the rest of the video. It's just a terrible, profoundly dull waste of time, full of shoehorned ads, Ruby grimacing, Ruby never eating, Ruby punishing her body with exercise and Ruby recycling the same rehashed crap we've seen billions of times before.

Ruby tells us over and over that she did lots and lots of things, but we see none of it. It's all obvious lies and denial, but it's also dull as duck and mostly not even worth recapping.

Ruby repeats herself endlessly in very quick succession about almost everything.

"Because it's 11 on Tuesday, I had a meeting about PONKIN' PRODDATIVITY--[cut]--Syoo at 11 I had a meeting about POMPUN PRUDDURPHTY."

Untitle687565767769078678d.jpg

The person in her virtual meeting - one of the product manager grifters responsible for the crappy planners that get crapped out every year without regard for quality or a price reflective of said quality - has a "What the duck have I done with my life?" look on her face as she listens to Ruby ramble about bullshit.

9b2e96398780404051f13613514b5176.jpg

It's a Sad Affleck face if I've ever seen one.

Despite any academic planner...planning at this point essentially being like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, considering how much of a disaster the last one was, Ruby's still trying to convince people that the next planner will blow everyone away.

She's been claiming since the release of the last planner that she was working hard on the next one (despite her having no real involvement in the company beyond being a glorified consultant and a face for blame when everything goes wrong). It's lies, clearly, but it's the funniest thing in the world to see the product itself after her claims that MONTHS OF WORK have gone into it...

Untitle687565767769078678908d.jpg

Untitled68675679967880.jpg
Untitle687d.jpg

Untitle6875657677678d.jpg

Untitle687678d.jpg

Untitle68756577678d.jpg

As predicted, it's the exact same bleeping planner again.

The last planner, for reference:

PUMYearlyPlanner_1024x1024@2x.jpg

PUMYearlyPlanner01_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Ruby says she's "worked with a designer" for this new one - a basic design template with some public domain doodle art slapped on. There's no rhyme or reason to any of the "art" added; some are colour, most not, some go for a vague "nature" theme, and then there's just a random pair of socks on the "Something I'm proud of accomplishing" section.

Nothing else has been changed. Ruby has not removed any of the pointless sections that nobody would ever need, nor has she added the essential features she claims to need to use so often. Ruby pretends she's syo syooper prodocktive that she needs to add extra tickboxes constantly to reward her busywork, yet she hasn't added any to the design.

What a lazy bleeping scam.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Who in the world is still going to buy that...they're either uninformed or just extremely stupid.

Reactions: 15
Who in the world is still going to buy that...they're either uninformed or just extremely stupid.
Too many people have caught on...that's probably why she's had to keep discounting the price. After this year I expect fewer and fewer people will order from poopkin productivity

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is it me, or does she look more and more dishevelled in each post? It doesn’t look like she’s got dressed or brushed her hair in some of them, and the nails are the disaster they always are…

Attachments

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Is it me, or does she look more and more dishevelled in each post? It doesn’t look like she’s got dressed or brushed her hair in some of them, and the nails are the disaster they always are…
It may just be due to lighting, but she looks so pale, gaunt and just overall sick in the 'thanks for following the day in my life' photo and the photo where she's wearing the red blanket. She does not look well... at all.

Reactions: 10
It may just be due to lighting, but she looks so pale, gaunt and just overall sick in the 'thanks for following the day in my life' photo and the photo where she's wearing the red blanket. She does not look well... at all.
her hair has gotten so brittle and thin. I remember being jealous of how full and thick her hair was.

I doubt her parents will intervene at all. Her mom lives off in some fantasy world, like Roobee, and I can't see her dad as the type to have a meaningful conversation with his daughter.

Reactions: 17
Maybe so. But you're probably naturally slim whereas Ruby isn't; as evident from her older videos. I'm just showing my concern and her negative influence on younger viewers, that's all.

Definitely. An ED has no weight and I'm not trying to say everyone who is slim has an ED, but like I said in another reply, I'm just talking about Ruby. She used to be bigger, and she never was big or phat. I'm just saying she looks unhealthy in my opinion, when comparing her figure to her older videos. That's all.
I think you and many people here will make a bad comment about anything she is related with. I love this forum but sometimes I genuinely feel like ya all are talking tit just for the sake of talking tit. Like for example when she donated money to Ukraine, Ya all were like "wElL wHeRe'S thE pRoOf?" Did Jack Edwards and few other influencers that conducted the donations through livestream show you receipts? Wasn't it directly connected to the fundraiser? Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single bleeping idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a bleeping saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop. I am going "HELL YEAH" when ya all calling out Ruby for being a bloody liar etc, but there's always a limit to everything. Don't drag someone down just because you "need" to, you don't have to force yourself to DESPISE every single tit she does. She's a human like all of us, she has both good and bad inside of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think you and many people here will make a bad comment about anything she is related with. I love this forum but sometimes I genuinely feel like ya all are talking tit just for the sake of talking tit. Like for example when she donated money to Ukraine, Ya all were like "wElL wHeRe'S thE pRoOf?" Did Jack Edwards and few other influencers that conducted the donations through livestream show you receipts? Wasn't it directly connected to the fundraiser? Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single bleeping idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a bleeping saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop. I am going "HELL YEAH" when ya all calling out Ruby for being a bloody liar etc, but there's always a limit to everything. Don't drag someone down just because you "need" to, you don't have to force yourself to DESPISE every single tit she does. She's a human like all of us, she has both good and bad inside of her.
You’re not wrong. But when I have something positive to say about her content, I go leave her a comment. I come here to say the rest of it. Same principle - reading Tattle isn’t going to give you an accurate picture of what someone thinks of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I totally agree with you on a lot of this I can’t lie, sometimes I come on to tattle and read stuff people are writing (not just on this thread, on other threads too) and I’m like omg you need to get a grip 💀 and I’m sure people do the same about some of my posts too 😂! But that’s the thing about tattle, it is a gossip site, people come here to talk tit for the sake of talking tit and everyone has the right to express their opinion, even if it’s mega petty.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
You know nobody's forcing you to read the negative comments about her life right? This is a gossip site, people are here to express their opinion, that's the whole point

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Yes, especially that second picture. If I were an influencer I wouldn't post pics of me looking disheveled. That second picture looks like she's rolled out of bed, still bleary eyed and trying to focus on the camera for a photo whilst still not fully awake.

I don't think the long not often brushed hair helps, if she did some simple updos it might help her look more put together for the day. I say this as someone who can't be bothered with make up etc. I always brush my hair and I make sure I don't turn up to work looking like I have just woken up. I think any self awareness Ruby had has gone out the window, she's constantly posted stories and pics of her looking tired AF.

Also, I feel her recent video was to prove us wrong on a few points, suddenly we see her trampolining when we recently wondered if she actually does it, plus the sudden mention of various friends other than Blakeney.

Reactions: 9
Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single bleeping idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a bleeping saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through?
I mean I totally agree that we only get a very limited glimpse into her life. But this assumption about her dad has no more foundation than many other things you claim are holdless accusations. :D

Reactions: 20
Honestly I agree with some of this. I may be in the minority here but I've never thought Ruby is a bad person. She's sheltered and is definitely irresponsible with her influence, what with her promotion of a lifestyle that's unhealthy in multiple ways. But while there are some influencers who I genuinely think are bad people and who I really dislike (cough Chris Ingham), mostly I just feel a mixture of angry and sad for Ruby. Yes her promotion of these tiny meals and excessive exercise and what have you anger me, but I also do feel sad for her. She seems lonely and caught up in her own head. I feel like she's escaping home so much because she craves comfort and stability. I follow along with this thread because I am engaged in her but I also worry about her mental health. I wish for her recovery I really do.

And yeah I think sometimes on this thread we get caught up in the image of Ruby, The Worst Person Ever and we don't stop to think whether Ruby would actually do xyz. Like, we're assuming she's going to pay someone to finish her dissertation not because it is in line with any of her past actions but because wow, wouldn't it be terrible if she did? In my opinion there's no use demonising Ruby or name-calling her in my opinion. But I also can't police a thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She's pale because she's slapping a ton of sunscreen LSF 50 on her face as soon as the sun starts to poke out. Just as seen in this video, around the 1:32 mark:

I have zero sympathy or pity for her anymore. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing to herself and her body.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Ruby is evil, and nor do I think she would do anything major that compromises the academic integrity of her degree. She doesn’t need to, it would quite frankly be a surprise if she didn’t get a first because of the sheer number of hours she’s putting in. You don’t need to be academically brilliant to do well at undergrad level - you can also do well if you are vaguely interested in what you’re doing and you’re the kind of person who puts in the leg-work, which Ruby is doing (in a scattered and incoherent way, but she is working). Do I think Ruby’s a ‘genius’? Not in the slightest and I think the years of being told what a special petal she is really, really hasn’t done her any good, but tbf that’s not her fault. That’s what happens when you have money, over-indulgent parents and a private education.

I do however think that she is not a good influence, and I suspect that she is not at all well mentally. I do actually feel quite sorry for her because it’s so clear that she has really, really hated university, and with studying as your brand that’s not a good thing. She looks like a different person in photos taken when she’s at home (I suspect there’s a bit of judicious filter usage in her uni photos too, so that Ma and Pa can see how pale and unwell she looks when not at home …) Honestly, I rarely watch her videos now and wish she’d get offline for a while and sort herself out. It’s not nice to watch someone slowly unravel and I honestly don’t think I’ll engage once she leave uni as she’s just going to spiral once she goes back to just existing in her bedroom. It’s very sad because she had so much potential and with her background, such a leg-up into adult life, but she just needs help. I do wish her parents would intervene.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I am sorry but I for one will never forgive her for her Holocaust Notion page, her stealing other people's stories (for lack of a better term, don't even want to say tragedies), her never seeing a problem in taking money to promote Holocaust awareness, not giving money back until people here constantly pressed her about it. I do not feel sorry for her. She still posts triggering content even though she has been patiently or bullyingly called out for her behaviour a million times. I do think she is a bad influence for a group of very young, vulnerable people. Again, I will never forgive her for the Holocaust incidents--there are two! such episodes now. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen by a vlogger and I could not even make a joke out of it at that time. So, I take delight in people, myself included, creating absolutely hilarious and at times pretty petty content about Ruby who has done pretty bad things and faced no consequences for her actions so far. Ugh. :sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She puts her life online and profits from it. She makes money from us watching her videos. So we are going to speculate and call her out on the bad stuff she does. (ED baiting, body checking, being a bad influence on her young viewers, toxic productivity, lying about said productivity, stealing from charities, being a slob on camera even though it's her job.) If you want exclusively positive comments you can always go to her youtube comment section.

Reactions: 25
Honestly I agree with some of this. I may be in the minority here but I've never thought Ruby is a bad person. She's sheltered and is definitely irresponsible with her influence, what with her promotion of a lifestyle that's unhealthy in multiple ways. But while there are some influencers who I genuinely think are bad people and who I really dislike (cough Chris Ingham), mostly I just feel a mixture of angry and sad for Ruby. Yes her promotion of these tiny meals and excessive exercise and what have you anger me, but I also do feel sad for her. She seems lonely and caught up in her own head. I feel like she's escaping home so much because she craves comfort and stability. I follow along with this thread because I am engaged in her but I also worry about her mental health. I wish for her recovery I really do.

And yeah I think sometimes on this thread we get caught up in the image of Ruby, The Worst Person Ever and we don't stop to think whether Ruby would actually do xyz. Like, we're assuming she's going to pay someone to finish her dissertation not because it is in line with any of her past actions but because wow, wouldn't it be terrible if she did? In my opinion there's no use demonising Ruby or name-calling her in my opinion. But I also can't police a thread.
I basically just lurk here but I have to agree. I think a lot of the time it's less a matter of Ruby being actively malicious and more a combination of her privileged and very sheltered upbringing meaning she doesn't always think about the best course of action. A good example of this is, I think, the charity money debacle. I don't think she specifically set out to swindle a charity out of money, but she lacks the life experience and common sense to see that if a charity offers you money to promote their cause the more moral thing to do is not accept it. She's never really had to deal with criticism in her life because she's grown up as a teacher's pet and a favoured child, so when people call her out she panics, assumes it must be "bullying" because that's the only word for "people not agreeing with her" that exists in her limited life vocabulary, and digs herself a hole rather than take accountability because, again, that's something she's never been taught to do.

Similarly with the notion page, she's grown up in an environment where her opinions and contributions are always praised and welcomed so now she's in a place where she assumes that making her own Holocaust memorial page is somehow a good course of action rather than amplifying the words of actual survivors/victims and their relatives. Again, I don't think she's intentionally malicious, but she's gotten into a place where she repeatedly does things like this because she's never expected the world to work any differently.

Of course, the consequences of her actions are still the same regardless of her intentions, and she's now a nearly 22 year old adult who should really be learning these things by now, so you can't let her off the hook too much, but I think this thread does sometimes steer too close to forgetting where Ruby's actual problems lie in favour of painting her as someone who would lie, steal, and swindle just for the fun of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.