Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk if I’m allowed to promote another youtuber here but yesterday I found this girl named Emma who is an English student… and guess what? She actually enjoys English. I’ve watched a few of her vlogs and she actually strings together coherent sentences and has opinions of her own about what she’s read. Such a stark contrast from Ruby!

View attachment 1136442
I love Emma, she's one of the most down to earth, passionate, and hard-working Booktubers I follow. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why does she have to say that a random turmeric latte had "wasn't the best I've had but still good"? Most coffees I've had aren't "the best" I've had but there's no need to bleeping mention it and name the small bleeping company.

Reactions: 36
1647728989307.png

Penultimate is back...although if we're talking Greek mythology, I think Ruby resembles Apate much more closely.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Why does she have to say that a random turmeric latte had "wasn't the best I've had but still good"? Most coffees I've had aren't "the best" I've had but there's no need to bleeping mention it and name the small bleeping company.
It's because it wasn't gifted. If she got it for free, she would've proclaimed that it was "SYO GOOD!"

Reactions: 26
casual magic (bleeping jade) or infatuated with her only 'friend'?
I kinda wait for the day Blakeney being the one who graduated earlier than Roobs and after Blakeney graduated, Roobs won’t be able to shove a camera in front of Blakeney’s face again. Then we’re gonna have to wait until Ruby finds another poor girl to hangout with

Reactions: 10
What’s everyone doing on this fine Sunday morning? I decided to start my day with some heavy cringe! 7:25 on, Roobee rhapsodising about writing in a muddy field.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I adore Coffee #1 - I actually discovered them while at Uni in Exeter! They’ve expanded into most of the south west now but still one of my favourite places to go for coffee. I’m amazed she hasn’t been more too, as the decor is a bookworm’s dream - literary quotes on the wall and bookshelves in multiple places. If nothing else, it would fit her Instagram “aesthetic” 🙄

Reactions: 9
I adore Coffee #1 - I actually discovered them while at Uni in Exeter! They’ve expanded into most of the south west now but still one of my favourite places to go for coffee. I’m amazed she hasn’t been more too, as the decor is a bookworm’s dream - literary quotes on the wall and bookshelves in multiple places. If nothing else, it would fit her Instagram “aesthetic” 🙄
Oohhh I didn't realise it was Coffee #1, I thought it was a separate company. There's one near me (not in the South West) so I'll have to try it, it sounds lovely. But for Ruby if it's not Waterstones it won't do!

Reactions: 9
What’s everyone doing on this fine Sunday morning? I decided to start my day with some heavy cringe! 7:25 on, Roobee rhapsodising about writing in a muddy field.
The way she says she can't write about wonder unless she's experiencing it for herself says so much about the way she approaches creative writing.

Reactions: 18
The way she says she can't write about wonder unless she's experiencing it for herself says so much about the way she approaches creative writing.
Wonder what she is going to experience for to get her to write about this new book of hers. I'm anxiously awaiting for someone to do recaps of this new book of hers. What is it even about?

Reactions: 7
I don’t get why people think they’re a couple 😅 I think if anything it just seems like a toxic friendship where they spend too much time together, but I don’t get a romantic vibe. Plus tbh Ruby seems mega straight!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She does sometimes look at Blakeney like I used to look at my best friend when I was in love with her. But I think that speculating about them being a couple or not is not very useful because there are so many other things going on with Ruby that are actually proven.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t get why people think they’re a couple 😅 I think if anything it just seems like a toxic friendship where they spend too much time together, but I don’t get a romantic vibe. Plus tbh Ruby seems mega straight!
I think it's Roobee making such a big deal out of her birthday, the ridiculously flowery 'i never believed people when they said I'd make friends for life at university, that totally changed when I met Blakeney', constantly referencing her as her 'best friend', the cooking her special meals, the watching films together, making everything she does with her seem like such a big thing. She has this weird adulation for her. I think Blakeney is her only real friend that she's just so eager to prove how close they are but in reality it looks so forced. I think it's hard to say one way or the other what Ruby's sexuality is because she seems to avoid anything relationship-related like the plague and hasn't expressed much interest in either genders. She seems very aromantic and asexual to me but who knows.

Reactions: 25
I think it's hard to say one way or the other what Ruby's sexuality is because she seems to avoid anything relationship-related like the plague and hasn't expressed much interest in either genders. She seems very aromantic and asexual to me but who knows.
She's still waiting (preventing) to go through puberty.

Reactions: 4
I think it's Roobee making such a big deal out of her birthday, the ridiculously flowery 'i never believed people when they said I'd make friends for life at university, that totally changed when I met Blakeney', constantly referencing her as her 'best friend', the cooking her special meals, the watching films together, making everything she does with her seem like such a big thing. She has this weird adulation for her. I think Blakeney is her only real friend that she's just so eager to prove how close they are but in reality it looks so forced. I think it's hard to say one way or the other what Ruby's sexuality is because she seems to avoid anything relationship-related like the plague and hasn't expressed much interest in either genders. She seems very aromantic and asexual to me but who knows.
For sure, I had a friendship exactly like this before and I ended up just having to cut the girl off in the end. She didn’t really have any other close friends and she just really latched onto me, would text me all day and insisted we were best friends and that I was the most important person in her life after knowing each other for like 2 months.
She eventually became weirdly controlling and started having a go at me if I hung out with other people, so I had to get rid of her. Now whenever I see her at uni she gives me this mega sad look to try and make me feel guilty lol. She wasn’t a bad person, she just had a lot of issues and didn’t really understand boundaries or what was appropriate and despite me being very clear, she just didn’t learn and I had to just end the entire friendship. Sorry, this is mega OT but I often get the same vibes off Ruby as I did with this girl I used to be friends with, I really hope for both of their sakes that they don’t end up with the same toxic friendship situation I had!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I don't get the impression Ruby likes Blakeney in a romantic sense, I simply think it's a very intense, bordering on toxic friendship that will eventually just fizzle once they no longer live together.

We've had no indication that Ruby had many friends prior to Blakeney; I cannot remember in her early school vlogs detailing any friendships, other than ones that were introduced by the family and forced upon her. As Ruby feels she has lots in common with Blakeney and has finally found a great friend, she tries to hammer this home by extreme adoration, whether that be Instagram posts, buying her things, sending her constant letters. The whole "best friend" thing does appear somewhat childish, but don't things there's necessarily anything wrong with it, but the issue is we have no idea how Blakeney feels. She never asked to be on social media and now has people recognising her face and knowing details about her life, when I'm sure that was never her intention; if it was, she would have started her own platform.

From experience, this level of intensity will never end well, especially when one person seems way more invested than the other (not saying this is true, but it's a fair assumption). It's difficult to avoid this when you live together, but when they're apart, I'm sure Blakeney will get her own life and work, find a partner and enjoy her social life, whereas Ruby will continue to drift on her gap year and wonder why Blakeney isn't returning her calls and letters.

It would have been very beneficial for Ruby to find a wider circle of friends rather than relying on one, crazily intense "best friend" situation, but suppose it's a bit late for that now.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.