Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've only just come across this girl and I've binged watched a few videos over the last couple of days to get a flavour of what she's like. The comments about her nails are spot on I noticed it too.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before on her threads (I haven't read back through the 25 previous threads 🧐 ) but what is with her odd looking fingers and toes?? Her thumb looks like a big toe and her big toes look like they're the wrong size for the rest of her feet 😄 . Despite that she seems to get her feet out on show in nearly every video. Don't judge me lol I notice these things it's not weird 😂
I think it’s Brachydactyly or something, there’s been a discussion about it some time ago. while I absolutely agree that ruby can be criticised for a ton of weird things, her thumbs are not one of them. Guess I just find this a really weird thing to point out regarding there’s actual obvious issues. not wanting to police, do whatever floats you boat or whatever, but imo we shouldn’t comment on things like these as it’s, for once, really not ruby’s fault and it might play into her insecurities.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think it’s Brachydactyly or something, there’s been a discussion about it some time ago. while I absolutely agree that ruby can be criticised for a ton of weird things, her thumbs are not one of them. Guess I just find this a really weird thing to point out regarding there’s actual obvious issues. not wanting to police, do whatever floats you boat or whatever, but imo we shouldn’t comment on things like these as it’s, for once, really not ruby’s fault and it might play into her insecurities.
Oh ok that's interesting I didn't realise it was an actual medical thing. I didn't mean for it to come across like I was mocking her for a medical issue.

Reactions: 13
You can just see the pained yet polite expression on the teacher’s face as she says ‘Yes, that’s very nice Ruby but let’s give someone else a chance, shall we?’
Flashback to the mini essay she wrote about her internship (featuring such gems as ”work is supposed to be a horrible lower-class activity, but this wasn’t horrible at all!”) and ”kindly” sent along a recording of herself reading one of the letters she’d transcribed 😂

edit: link: https://specialcollections.exeter.a...n-reflections-on-a-remote-internship-project/
also, she’s now referred to as just ”Ruby”, whereas I’m sure her actual last name (Bones! It’s Bones! Everybody knows it so just give it up, Rootabaga!) was originally included.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Flashback to the mini essay she wrote about her internship (featuring such gems as ”work is supposed to be a horrible lower-class activity, but this wasn’t horrible at all!”) and ”kindly” sent along a recording of herself reading one of the letters she’d transcribed 😂

edit: link: https://specialcollections.exeter.a...n-reflections-on-a-remote-internship-project/
also, she’s now referred to as just ”Ruby”, whereas I’m sure her actual last name (Bones! It’s Bones! Everybody knows it so just give it up, Rootabaga!) was originally included.
Perhaps this is my own bias but I can't help but think that the other student's piece is so much more interesting and eloquently written. Ruby's comes across as very "me, me, me", and what on earth was that ramble about exclamation points and semi-colons? Ruby talks about how the poet is under recognised but then doesn't actually tell us much about him.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Perhaps this is my own bias but I can't help but think that the other student's piece is so much more interesting and eloquently written. Ruby's comes across as very "me, me, me", and what on earth was that ramble about exclamation points and semi-colons? Ruby talks about how the poet is under recognised but then doesn't actually tell us much about him.
I agree, the first sentence where she’s like “It hardly seems right to call this internship “work”. Work refers to something laborious, something that has to be done, but I found transcribing John Jarmain’s letters delightful” just makes me cringe so hard.
Like bruh you’re getting paid duck all to transcribe a tit load of text, yes the topic might be interesting to you, but don’t make out like what you were doing wasn’t laborious and repetitive work. She just seems like the sort of person who would be absolutely insufferable to work with, the type who fucks up the most basic tasks and spends most of their time kissing the bosses arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh it's all part of this idea that a Good Student is a student who doesn't mind doing schoolwork because they find it so enjoyable. As in, bad girls dislike doing homework and would rather go out to the club, whereas good girls like Ruby enjoy doing homework and find it fun and interesting because they are more virtuous and more intelligent than other students.

So why would a Good Student ever find school work laborious, really! That doesn't make any sense, and if they do find their work hard or don't feel like doing it, that is shameful and a flaw in their perfection!

^ I don't believe any of that, obviously, but I do think Ruby believes it (either consciously or subconsciously) and I think this is still her general attitude towards work and things, even though she's been out of school for a good while now. (Which, sidenote, I really think she's gonna crash and burn once she's out of uni too, with no grades and no structure...)

Reactions: 21
”At first glance, his semicolons can look like exclamation points, but when you look more closely, they’re usually not. If I were reading these letters at a glance, I would think that he was just heavy-handed with exclamation points, but this project showed me that he is not, and that he actually uses exclamation points quite sparingly.” 😂😂😂 Groundbreaking research there, Rubber Ducky!

also yeah, she’s very ”me me me” about the whole project… like she is about everything really. She can’t seem to process the world any other way than through relating it to herself. She’s completely self-absorbed and unable to move beyond herself and her own narrow experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Has she ever explained why she always, always paints them white? Personally, I find that even weirder than the perpetually-chipped look - why do they have to be white? Why not try some other colours for once? Is there some secret meaning/aesthetic reason behind it that I just don't get?
It kinda looks like she used correction fluid to paint them rather than actual nail polish - just like I did when I was about 10 lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Idk if I’m allowed to promote another youtuber here but yesterday I found this girl named Emma who is an English student… and guess what? She actually enjoys English. I’ve watched a few of her vlogs and she actually strings together coherent sentences and has opinions of her own about what she’s read. Such a stark contrast from Ruby!

D893E79F-E658-44E2-BCD1-1E8D54918664.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Idk if I’m allowed to promote another youtuber here but yesterday I found this girl named Emma who is an English student… and guess what? She actually enjoys English. I’ve watched a few of her vlogs and she actually strings together coherent sentences and has opinions of her own about what she’s read. Such a stark contrast from Ruby!

View attachment 1136442
She’s one of my favourite booktubers 😻 If I had to find one negative about her, it’s that she takes the chill vibe a step too far at times. But I agree, compared to Roobee she’s an absolute breath of fresh air.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
”At first glance, his semicolons can look like exclamation points, but when you look more closely, they’re usually not. If I were reading these letters at a glance, I would think that he was just heavy-handed with exclamation points, but this project showed me that he is not, and that he actually uses exclamation points quite sparingly.” 😂😂😂 Groundbreaking research there, Rubber Ducky!

also yeah, she’s very ”me me me” about the whole project… like she is about everything really. She can’t seem to process the world any other way than through relating it to herself. She’s completely self-absorbed and unable to move beyond herself and her own narrow experience.
Also how unnecessarily massive and rambly her reflection was compared to the other person who actually did a good job in a concise way. When I saw how many paragraphs rooby dooby doo wrote i audibly exhaled like it’s so obvious she thinks quality = quantity

Oh look haha Blakeney and I are totes still besties and we proved it by going out and touching pastries together lol 😅
7FF4078A-1906-4BE4-B1A0-69B30B8ED6FE.jpeg

I’m feeling JANuinely happy and totes not laughing all the way to the bank because I just figured out how to copy a favourite passage in one of the YA mystery books I’m currently pretending to read and not be directly caught plagiarising 😅

37406264-75B7-435D-BFC9-D71986BD768A.jpeg

• Haha
and what on earth was that ramble about exclamation points and semi-colons?
Ruby is just a constellation of exclamation points and semi-colons

"Hello it's Rubeeee!!! And todAy! I'm going to show you; a day in the life! *cuts to awkward clipping of opening sentences * of a literature! Stuydent. I! Find this : vahrry ; interesting and such! A rewahding experience!
images (26).jpeg

Above is only applicable when her sound is not jacked-up and we can barely hear her.

Reactions: 7

Only the Rhubarb would act shocked that a soldier at war was... killed at war. Like. She does understand he was writing about only birds, poems and jokes to ease his wife's mind, right? He's not going to write a letter saying "hi darling, I shot two men today". She's so stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Only the Rhubarb would act shocked that a soldier at war was... killed at war. Like. She does understand he was writing about only birds, poems and jokes to ease his wife's mind, right? He's not going to write a letter saying "hi darling, I shot two men today". She's so stupid.

A Ruby Nonsense poem

Darling
I shot two men today
it is important to say
To keep our shores clear
But never fear
For they do not drink tea
I've been a busy bee

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.