Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must be nice to be able to afford to buy a sewing machine, never use it, and not feel one twinge of guilt about the wasted money.
Martha got her a vintage typewriter for her birthday that must have cost a fortune and she never uses the damn thing

Reactions: 23
Martha got her a vintage typewriter for her birthday that must have cost a fortune and she never uses the damn thing
Seeing as Ruby has lots of stuff she probably doesn't use/want anymore, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a car boot sale to fundraise for Ukraine. Loads of clothes, old books, etc.

Reactions: 12
Just copy edited Ruby's note at the bottom of her IG post: So let me math this for you guys. I've januinely matched the £500-odd pound donation and then stated I've made multiple other, entirely januine donations to the cause. So effectively I've doubled my clout. So when I lied about donating £1, I effectively lied about donating £2. Thank so much guys. 🤍

• Haha
''I haven't posted about the OTHER donations that I am posting about.'' The defensiveness in these messages is so funny. It's almost as though she's replying directly to her Tattle bullies.

That said, it is good to see the money going to the right place for once. (y)
This is about as believable as all the claims she makes about things that happen off-screen in her fabricated daily routine videos.

"And then I went to the library for 8 hours and did all the admin and wrote my whole dissertation in 3 hours and studied with Blakeney for 37 hours of this 24 hour day and had the most wonderful chats in the world and she told me she'd love to live with me NAXT year and I'm DAFFINITELY HER BASST FRAND it was AVVER SO EXCITING!" (She shows herself chatting with Blakeney for like 2 minutes of real-time footage, sped up in timelapse.)

Her management practically had to put a gun to her head to get her to participate in any fundraising for Ukraine and she looked miserable throughout. No way she made any more donations herself out of the goodness of her heart.

She says there's mixed opinions over showing donations. But when you're an influencer with a storied history of swindling charities and lying about it, you should absolutely be proving that every penny of the money collected from viewers or pledged to donate yourself was donated. And if you make any claims that you donated money in your own time, expect everyone to assume you're lying your ass off for brownie points unless you prove otherwise.

We're still waiting on any proof that she donated funds to the below:

Holocaust Memorial Day Trust. (Not technically a donation as much as returning money to them that she never should've accepted ever. So far she's defensively told people to "Ask HMDT and they'll confirm it!" and refused to show any proof herself.)
Ditch the Label. (Pledged to donate all ad revenue from an 'Anti-Bullying Week' video to this cause. Never showed any confirmation of amount raised or that a penny was donated.)
Unicef. (Pledged to donate all ad revenue from an 'Anti-Bullying Week' video to this cause. She has to delete the video after a day due to the tone-deaf comments in the video. Never showed any confirmation of amount raised or that a penny was donated.)

Sorry, Ruby, nobody believes a word you say, especially where charities are concerned.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Wasn't the YouTube money handled directly through YouTube? As in, she didn't actually get the money, it went straight from the viewers to the charity?
I guess that's why she only showed proof for £513, she never actually had the other half

Reactions: 18
Wasn't the YouTube money handled directly through YouTube? As in, she didn't actually get the money, it went straight from the viewers to the charity?
I guess that's why she only showed proof for £513, she never actually had the other half
Yep, all money donated was collected and donated to the charity directly by YouTube (although I'm sure the amount was only at £200-something after the fundraiser livestream ended, so I'm a bit confused how it got to £513 unless donations were still open a while after the stream ended).

That's likely a big reason why she slapped it together so last minute (starting a livestream in the middle of the day when most people will be at work, school or in lectures/seminars, starting at 34 minutes past the hour with zero fanfare or warning) and she looked so miserable - if she were receiving the money and had a chance to keep it, she'd have made so much more effort to drive up the amount and at least faked a grimace as usual.

I'm no fan of Jack Edwards, and I think his Ukraine charity efforts have been incredibly low-effort too and just as strong-armed by their management, but he at least announced his livestreams ahead of time and hosted them in the evening when more people are going to be online. He generated substantially more, and it's easy to see why. Ruby just didn't care, because she wasn't in a position to keep the money for herself.

Reactions: 17
Yep, all money donated was collected and donated to the charity directly by YouTube (although I'm sure the amount was only at £200-something after the fundraiser livestream ended, so I'm a bit confused how it got to £513 unless donations were still open a while after the stream ended).

That's likely a big reason why she slapped it together so last minute (starting a livestream in the middle of the day when most people will be at work, school or in lectures/seminars, starting at 34 minutes past the hour with zero fanfare or warning) and she looked so miserable - if she were receiving the money and had a chance to keep it, she'd have made so much more effort to drive up the amount and at least faked a grimace as usual.

I'm no fan of Jack Edwards, and I think his Ukraine charity efforts have been incredibly low-effort too and just as strong-armed by their management, but he at least announced his livestreams ahead of time and hosted them in the evening when more people are going to be online. He generated substantially more, and it's easy to see why. Ruby just didn't care, because she wasn't in a position to keep the money for herself.
It's also probably because Ruby's audience is much younger than Jack's. A 12-14 year old doesn't normally have their own money to donate and would need to ask their parents.

Absolutely insane that she can just donate 500£ 🤯 Sometimes I forget how rich she is

Reactions: 24
Absolutely insane that she can just donate 500£ 🤯 Sometimes I forget how rich she is
That £500 is a drop in the bucket compared to sponsor deals she gets every other week. It's also a small fraction of all the charity money she's stolen over the years.

Screenshot_20220310-205855_Chrome.jpg

Let's play the 'Which Lie is Ruby Telling?' game!

This is her desk "today".

Her planner is open to last weekend (Fri 4th March-Sun 6th March).

Unt65769807954.png

The bulk of her tasks are for Friday 4th March, most of them are incomplete, suggesting this footage was filmed that day.

So...

Is she uploading old footage and claiming it's new yet again?

Or does she use her planner so little that it's only filled in on select days when she needs to show it off and she gives up after that?

Answers in a wax-sealed envelope to:

Ruby Granger Manor
1 Rubington Way,
Roobeetown,
Rubertshire,
RB1 1RB
(Dearest Post Worker, thankyou for your service! If you have trouble finding the house, just follow the trail to where the dust and dirt gets continuously deeper!)

(Spoilers: It's a trick question; she's lying about everything.)

Notable entries:

Internship (1 hour). - (Incomplete. The prospect of one whole hour of work was too much to even pretend to do.)
Diss: 20 mins? - That's definitely going to help catch up on the 10,000 words of progress you need to make, Ruby!
2 hours reading. - "30 minutes of synopses and skimming for quotes." - fixed that for you, Ruby.
Thoughts/tips from kids books / How to be a kids writer... (sic) - Ruby's clearly on the right track to get her book finished and published!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
What does studying Maths or not have to do with adding two 3-digit numbers together? Pretty certain we covered that at Primary school
literally, like I can’t put it into words how much that story made me cringe 😭😭 i can’t even explain why

Reactions: 8
I think the YouTube fundraiser raised $500, which is about £200 as someone said. I don’t think Ruby realized the currency difference and donated £500.

There’s no way she donated double out of the goodness of her heart, so just shows how dumb she is. I’m glad it’s gone to a good cause though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
She says there's mixed opinions over showing donations. But when you're an influencer with a storied history of swindling charities and lying about it, you should absolutely be proving that every penny of the money collected from viewers or pledged to donate yourself was donated. And if you make any claims that you donated money in your own time, expect everyone to assume you're lying your ass off for brownie points unless you prove otherwise.
Plus, it's not as though she had doubts about showing off other aspects of her life - piles of Christmas presents, Holocaust memorial good deeds, pro-vegan content. Showing donations surely isn't that controversial? I get that some people will say it's 'virtue signalling' or whatever, but those people don't matter lol. We just want the proof. The way Ruby's talking about donations makes it sound as though she's Bono.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
A new wrinkle: Donations for the video aren't closed and people can still donate on her livestream page.

Screenshot_20220310-221941_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-221911_YouTube.jpg

This would explain why the donation total was at $200-odd after the livestream but has jumped up now.

But if a viewer watches the study with me video on her page now, they can still donate and the total increases - it's now at $540 versus the $513 when she matched it.

Ruby matched the donation early and paid less than she would have if she waited.

You gonna keep matching that difference, Ruby?

Reactions: 20
A new wrinkle: Donations for the video aren't closed and people can still donate on her livestream page.

View attachment 1116878
View attachment 1116879

This would explain why the donation total was at $200-odd after the livestream but has jumped up now.

But if a viewer watches the study with me video on her page now, they can still donate and the total increases - it's now at $540 versus the $513 when she matched it.

Ruby matched the donation early and paid less than she would have if she waited.

How can one person be so bleeping disgusting and greedy? I've been feeling sick to my stomach because I'm in a whole other continent and have no way of even donating some money, and feeling almost like I'm causing this by not helping.

She had the whole donation logistical aspect set up for her, she has enough money to be able to donate and not really feel financial strain, and she still manages to be a piece of tit.

Reactions: 9

Far be it from me to defend Ruby, but to be fair: thanks to her lack of knowledge about currencies, she’s already matched all donations up to USD 670 which I find endlessly amusing. Yes Ruby, we notice that you don’t do numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Far be it from me to defend Ruby, but to be fair: thanks to her lack of knowledge about currencies, she’s already matched all donations up to USD 670 which I find endlessly amusing. Yes Ruby, we notice that you don’t do numbers.
Live footage of Ruby as she realises her mistake:

Untitled0000.jpg

She's currently furiously writing a letter to the charity asking for a refund.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Can’t do numbers but can’t do words either

Still waiting for her to string together a coherent sentence

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.