Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ngl when I read the line "I set the Roomba off downstairs" I automatically assumed she was referring to Ruby and then got very confused until I figured out she meant a type of vacuum cleaner.

Look what you people have done to me with all your nicknames for Ruby!
I had to re read that entire paragraph because I also thought Roomba meant ruby and was very confused as to why she was talking about her daughter like that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
How can that happen?
Is this thing for preventing this event (in German "Überlaufschutz") not standard in the UK? (see attached picture)
Or is their sink so muddy, that it doesn't work anymore?

And: @gossip_guy I loved the GIF with the girl clinging on the tree in the flood. 😂 Made my day!
That thing is probably covered in dirt and grime :sick: (also thank you, I learned a new German word today!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ngl when I read the line "I set the Roomba off downstairs" I automatically assumed she was referring to Ruby and then got very confused until I figured out she meant a type of vacuum cleaner.

Look what you people have done to me with all your nicknames for Ruby!
why did I read roomba as bunda and I was sat here so confused about
A) where Rubys mum learned the word bunda
B) Why and how she set it off downstairs

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had to re read that entire paragraph because I also thought Roomba meant ruby and was very confused as to why she was talking about her daughter like that 😂
Same here... 😂

why did I read roomba as bunda
Bunda means ass, right?

I know it is very, very off-topic, but, can anyone give me Netflix web series recommendations?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ruby's mother, to no surprise, is easily confused by a relatively straightforward popcorn action movie.
Ruby's mother is one of those women who used to read "Bridget Jones' diary" when it was serialised in "the Telegraph" back in the 90s. She decided there and then that being hapless would give her a quirk that would compensate for her wallpaper personality. She inflicted this sort of wrong brain slow think on her children - "wear a bonnet and go up a chimney, darling, that'll make you interesting."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I think she just could not understand the books when the plots are out touch of her experience... We all have difficulties to truely and throughly understand the complex plots and writers' complex feelings and experienes when they are too far away from our lives, but at least we get some kinds of sense from the writing and at least least know to show respect to the writers. But I think roobee just could not understand these books at all and feel too shamed to admit it and then just concludes that she doesn't like those books or feel disappointed about those books. Given her boring but wealthy and cozzzy life, she just does not understand other people's life and luckily she does not even give a tit at all haha. I just feel so surprised to see how a person's life and thoughts can be so irrelevent to what's going on in the world, the real modern world, not the victorian history. And her book review about the Art of War just accurately shows her arrogence and ignorance. And she's definitely not looking for true knowledges or sparks of thoughts when reading books. She is just looking for her middle-class values and thoughts and got obsessed with the description of the middle-class cottage life.

Reactions: 16

One of the things on her to-do list at 14 was “make a poster about saving the bees”...just saying, that is something I would have done at like 7.
If this is the same t-shirt she wore when she was 14 (that still fits her at age 20) she needs to ask some questions.

Reactions: 10
It does baffle me occasionally how we get through so many threads discussing a family so boring...

Cathy is definitely the Blakeney to Clare's Ruby.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
well since Roobmas doesn’t really work anymore, Roomba would make a good new nickname wouldn’t it?

Reactions: 11
Ruby's mother is one of those women who used to read "Bridget Jones' diary" when it was serialised in "the Telegraph" back in the 90s. She decided there and then that being hapless would give her a quirk that would compensate for her wallpaper personality. She inflicted this sort of wrong brain slow think on her children - "wear a bonnet and go up a chimney, darling, that'll make you interesting."
Ruby’s mother is one of those people that buys those god-awful plaques in tat-shops that say things like ‘dull women have immaculate houses’, and who uses that as evidence that because the house is so messy, she must therefore be interesting.

I’m not trying to shame anyone here because I know there are genuine and often very sad reasons why a person’s living space might not be clean or tidy, but in this case I just think it’s laziness and cultivated incompetence. It just seems so sad (and disrespectful, somehow) that the family simply cba to look after their million-pound house, even down to not mopping up a flood and just hoping that it’ll ‘evaporate’. It also annoys me that when wealthy people live like this, it’s seen as charming and eccentric, and something to giggle and write a blog post about but if someone in a council house just left water pooling on the floor they’d be judged much more harshly. It does such a disservice to your kids too, to let them grow up not really knowing the basics of how to take care of themselves and their surroundings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
It does baffle me occasionally how we get through so many threads discussing a family so boring...

Cathy is definitely the Blakeney to Clare's Ruby.
We need some more drama coming up, I noticed that she recently re followed the holocaust memorial charity… the day is coming up, wonder if she’s planning to take some more money off them in return for a promotion
412B44F6-E685-4E27-8B4A-277365F013FA.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I wonder if Ruby's mum knows that most of her blog post views are from exasperated Tattlers who think her and her family are a mess 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Exeter term starts on Monday, let’s speculate!

Is she finished with her Dickens essay?
Is she actually taking the children’s lit module, or has she switched to whatever Blakeney is taking? (I mean Blakeney could be taking that as well, I have no idea)
Does she have a dissertation topic yet?
Is she going to actually stay in Exeter? Even if they switch to remote learning?

Above all, are we getting a new video in 13 minutes?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 972165
I have tried to think of a caption, but nothing is more hilarious than the post itself.
Wow, what a phase that girl had.

“as a dental hygiene enthusiast”… she literally said that in a video! Having clean teeth is a personality trait, apparently 🙄
Was the “I like dental hygiene because Hermione’s parents are dentists” the weirdest part of her Hermione obsession, or is there something stranger I’m forgetting?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ruby is the Wonderland System of Tattle, because every day we reveal more weird stuff and lies. I've been here since thread #5, probably will see thread #50.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I initally thought Roomba was meant to be 'Rumba' and she was talking about playing music to welcome her guests.

I love Roomba as a nickname for Ruby btw.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.