Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby's latest content is so boring. It's just pictures of her window and her room. I wonder if she's having some kind of private meltdown. And she posted the Oxford picture on her story a few days back but hasn't uploaded any more pictures or a video about her time there??

Reactions: 23
Ruby's latest content is so boring. It's just pictures of her window and her room. I wonder if she's having some kind of private meltdown. And she posted the Oxford picture on her story a few days back but hasn't uploaded any more pictures or a video about her time there??
I get the same feeling, maybe it’s because she deleted stuff on her food insta and took it off her bio, but I feel like she may be dealing with some stuff.

Then again, this may be wishful thinking. But she could really do a lot worse than take a step back and take stock of her life and actions a little bit, and change things. And I say this as someone who thoroughly enjoys the train wreck.

Reactions: 15
I know that British students can’t apply to both Cambridge and Oxford for undergraduate studies, but is she able to apply to both for her Master’s? Is there any limit on how many she can apply to in general? I could totally see her just going nuts and sending off master’s applications without any thought to whether the university is actually a good match for her

Reactions: 5
Yes, you can apply to both Cambridge and Oxford for masters/postgrad. I don't believe there's any limit on how many other unis she can apply to; it's a different system compared to that for undergrad apps.

Reactions: 11
Yes, you can apply to both Cambridge and Oxford for masters/postgrad. I don't believe there's any limit on how many other unis she can apply to; it's a different system compared to that for undergrad apps.
I was going to say what if she applies to Harvard like Vee did but I can’t see Ruby moving to America and not being able to go home when she wants.

Reactions: 15
I was going to say what if she applies to Harvard like Vee did but I can’t see Ruby moving to America and not being able to go home when she wants.
I’m working in graduate admissions in the US while applying to PhD programs. Trust me: I would be VERY surprised if a top-tier American graduate program let her in.

Reactions: 16
I’m working in graduate admissions in the US while applying to PhD programs. Trust me: I would be VERY surprised if a top-tier American graduate program let her in.
This might sound like a silly question but are they a bit like Oxford/Cambridge? Do they want you to think on the spot at the interview and not just say stuff that might impress them and do interesting things outside university like having a job/volunteering?

Reactions: 5
This might sound like a silly question but are they a bit like Oxford/Cambridge? Do they want you to think on the spot at the interview and not just say stuff that might impress them and do interesting things outside university like having a job/volunteering?
So I went to the University of Chicago for my Master’s in History and I’m applying to Ivy League schools for my PhD, so I feel like I can speak to this lol. There are no interviews for top-tier Master’s programs in the US. You need to have consistently high grades (which, admittedly, Ruby has), a 30ish page research paper that’s original and well-grounded in the current scholarly dialogue (I don’t think Ruby has this), and a KILLER statement of purpose that clearly articulates what she wants to study, why she wants to study it, who she wants to study it with, and why she wants to study it THERE. I don’t think Ruby could write something like that. It’s brutal out here.

• Wow
So I went to the University of Chicago for my Master’s in History and I’m applying to Ivy League schools for my PhD, so I feel like I can speak to this lol. There are no interviews for top-tier Master’s programs in the US. You need to have consistently high grades (which, admittedly, Ruby has), a 30ish page research paper that’s original and well-grounded in the current scholarly dialogue (I don’t think Ruby has this), and a KILLER statement of purpose that clearly articulates what she wants to study, why she wants to study it, who she wants to study it with, and why she wants to study it THERE. I don’t think Ruby could write something like that. It’s brutal out here.
Ok thanks, Yh I don’t think Ruby could do that, tbh neither could I, they’d see my grades and throw it in the bin lol

Reactions: 4
I really do wonder, too. I keep thinking she might upload soon but it looks like she’s on some kind of unannounced hiatus. Maybe the planner fiasco took a hit on her, and as someone else mentioned, she’s been deleting things. I genuinely hope she is indeed taking time to reflect. Maybe things have reached a boiling point for her and she realized she can’t keep things as they are any longer, because it’s not doing her any good. I know we tend to get quite cynical here and see her as greedy and purely self-serving. Maybe she is. Maybe she will reflect and learn and try to do better. One can hope.

Reactions: 13
sorry if I'm out of the loop I was stalking her good reads as I was telling my bf about the art of war debacle and saw it says she's written 2 books, obviously we have erimenthal parkers to-do list but theres also one called It was time to turn back: a short story. Has anyone ever heard of or even read it, I can't recall her even mentioning it

Reactions: 9
Found this old comment on one of her videos
Meanwhile, she has no problem at all promoting: Miss Patina; Abercrombie; Benetton; and, Boden. Which, I believe, are all "fast fashion". Let's face it, she will promote anything that she hopes to get some £s out of.

There's a huge difference between wearing clothes from when you were a girl - that you can claim you still fit into as an adult woman (which she wants to do) and actually investing in some clothes that you intend to wear for many years to come. Personally, I rarely buy clothes, because when I do, I make sure they are (a) built to last (b) supporting home industries such as traditional weavers/cottage industries. She is so faux.

Reactions: 19
Ruby’s mother is one of those people that buys those god-awful plaques in tat-shops that say things like ‘dull women have immaculate houses’, and who uses that as evidence that because the house is so messy, she must therefore be interesting.
You don't know how right you are:

Untitled897cvb9879fgiuoh99.png

This one's handmade (by Ruby judging by how half-assed it looks), so the family's clearly aware of the house always being a mess but it's just so fun and quirky!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
You don't know how right you are:

View attachment 972968

This one's handmade (by Ruby judging how half-assed it looks, so the family's clearly aware of the house always being a mess but it's just so fun and quirky!
Oh god, whatever about the cleanliness, the amount of clutter in that one room is making my teeth itch. I wouldn't last a week in that house.

Reactions: 8
Oh god, whatever about the cleanliness, the amount of clutter in that one room is making my teeth itch. I wouldn't last a week in that house.
The house also mirrors her "productivity" techniques - there's a dozen wasted, redundant rooms/planners that all serve the same purpose and just serve to house more needless clutter.

The house also mirrors her "productivity" techniques - there's a dozen wasted, redundant rooms/planners that all serve the same purpose and just serve to house more needless clutter.
For real, the house is wasted on them. The rooms that aren't messy are probably empty like all their heads are.
It's a disappointment to see such a lovely old property not taken care of well.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

(04:49)

On a relatively warm day, she doesn't open the windows to free the flies swarming on her window.

In the dead of winter, she'll happily sit with the windows open while wearing numerous layers of thick clothing, constantly complaining about being cold.

View attachment 970966

Nothing she does makes sense and there's permanent 'Be Back Soon' sign hanging where her brain should be.
Even the adverts are trolling her now 😂

Screenshot_20220107-223638_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.