Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiya! Here to say as a climate activist, It’s fine to buy an actual Christmas tree, it would be great if it was from your country. Buying a plastic tree is only sustainable if you use it for longer than 30 years. Besides that, no one has to be a 100% sustainable, I’m not a 100% sustainable, but I do a whole lot within different action groups!! (Being a hypocrite is another thing)
I had to comment because I found the 30 year mark interesting. My family has been using the same plastic tree since 2001 and it still lights up and has even moved counties with us. So it's definitely possible or nearly possible. I'm going to see to it that our tree reaches 30 now.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Honestly, sometimes I see her house and I get SO MAD because I would love to live in such a gorgeous house and have that space. Growing up in a cramped house with a view of the main road and no desk....and she has all this but still manages to make it manky through her lack of hygiene and hoarding.

Screenshot_20220106-144113_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I had to comment because I found the 30 year mark interesting. My family has been using the same plastic tree since 2001 and it still lights up and has even moved counties with us. So it's definitely possible or nearly possible. I'm going to see to it that our tree reaches 30 now.
It's definitely easily doable, especially if you have a non-lit tree which has less breakable parts. Our family tree has been going strong as long as I can remember and doesn't look any worse for wear. You're only using it one month out of the year, so that's substantially less wear and tear than the average household decor items that are up year-round.

Reactions: 11
Honestly, sometimes I see her house and I get SO MAD because I would love to live in such a gorgeous house and have that space. Growing up in a cramped house with a view of the main road and no desk....and she has all this but still manages to make it manky through her lack of hygiene and hoarding.

View attachment 970216
In terms of space the house looks fantastic but the lack of hygiene and the weird furniture makes it look like they've absolutely got no taste. I mean, look at Ruby's desk - it strikes me as so impractical, when I write or work on my desk I want to spread out and have my computer/laptop on there as well as books, a mug of tea etc. Ruby's desk is so small nothing fits there (except her Macbook ) so she's got to park her stuff on the windowsills and on the floor. They have absolutely zero taste and sense.

Reactions: 23
In terms of space the house looks fantastic but the lack of hygiene and the weird furniture makes it look like they've absolutely got no taste. I mean, look at Ruby's desk - it strikes me as so impractical, when I write or work on my desk I want to spread out and have my computer/laptop on there as well as books, a mug of tea etc. Ruby's desk is so small nothing fits there (except her Macbook ) so she's got to park her stuff on the windowsills and on the floor. They have absolutely zero taste and sense.
The lack of modernisation for things like the windows and heating is baffling to me as well. I guess when money isn't an issue, cranking the antiquated heating system all day and night and letting all the heat escape through the single pane windows (which Ruby usually leaves open all over the house) isn't a concern.

Reactions: 23
Yeah I agree-how does she work on that? Oh wait, she doesn't- she sits and drinks tea and writes 'to do' lists all day, and probably has a little scroll through Tattle as a reward. Also, my back hurts just looking at that chair.

I'm a building surveyor and can only assume the building must be listed otherwise surely they'd have upgraded to double glazed lookalike replacements by now. With all that condensation that timber must be rotting to tit, it also must be freezing in there. Bet it stinks of damp (and therefore mould) too.

Reactions: 26
The lack of modernisation for things like the windows and heating is baffling to me as well. I guess when money isn't an issue, cranking the antiquated heating system all day and night and letting all the heat escape through the single pane windows (which Ruby usually leaves open all over the house) isn't a concern.
How the other half live! It is sad these richos are generating more wealth from social media 😢

Reactions: 5
They have air conditioning too since Ruby thinks it’s fine to leave the fridge and freezer doors open 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yeah I agree-how does she work on that? Oh wait, she doesn't- she sits and drinks tea and writes 'to do' lists all day, and probably has a little scroll through Tattle as a reward. Also, my back hurts just looking at that chair.

I'm a building surveyor and can only assume the building must be listed otherwise surely they'd have upgraded to double glazed lookalike replacements by now. With all that condensation that timber must be rotting to tit, it also must be freezing in there. Bet it stinks of damp (and therefore mould) too.
It doesn't appear on any listed building directories, so Ruby and her family seemingly just enjoy living in cold, damp squalor too much to consider things like saving money on heating bills or increasing the value of their home.

Reactions: 7
It doesn't appear on any listed building directories, so Ruby and her family seemingly just enjoy living in cold, damp squalor too much to consider things like saving money on heating bills or increasing the value of their home.
Wow, it's not like they don't have the funds!! Those windows should be their absolute priority anyway as once water's got in over a long period of time you're (speaking in purely technical terms of course) ✨fucked✨
Maybe they're looking to demolish and rebuild once they've ruined what they've got, then rinse and repeat. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, I'm pretty sure live trees are more environmentally friendly unless you use a plastic tree for 30+ years.
I mean, my family has been using the same plastic tree for like 25 years at this point bc getting live trees was never really a thing in my country. So yeah they do last that long

Reactions: 12
Ruby might be laying low on the video front, but she's offering up more terrible/dubious book reviews on Goodreads!

View attachment 967991

It's one star for Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War'. Ruby doesn't believe there's any value in this book that she likely didn't read, even though it's still used for strategy and motivation from corporate boardrooms to sports teams.

Ruby couldn't find a way to apply the timeless, multi-purpose motivational advice found in this textbook to "modern-day conflict". By "modern-day conflict", I presume she means getting deservedly criticised by swindled customers and those she's incessantly subjecting to lies and toxic content bullied online.

Since Ruby is incapable of understanding anything more obtuse and metaphorical than a Buzzfeed listicle, here's a few quotes pulled at random and how she might apply them to her own disaster of a life:

Sun Tzu: “Be extremely subtle even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”

Here, Ruby, is a prime learning experience for you. To break this quote down into terms you'll understand: Say less easily-disproven lies about yourself online and your critics will have less ammunition to use against you.

Sun Tzu: "Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances."

Let's apply this to your endless assembly line of recycled content, Rubes. When you get a million views for releasing a video that's vaguely original for your channel, the lesson to be learned is that people want to see new content - something original and surprising. The wrong tactic is to just make the same Victorian routine video 500 times and expect the same viewer count, then cry on Instagram when you don't get it.

Sun Tzu: "Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley."

Now, apply this to your fans. If you treat them with respect, honesty and kindness and work hard to entertain them, they'll stick with you. But if you subject them to endless triggering content, lie to them about every single thing, swindle them out of the money they spent to support your business and only provide them with the most embarrassingly lazy, amateurish content, they're not going to remain loyal for long, are they?

Sun Tzu: "Rewards for good service should not be deferred a single day."

Give back the charity money, Ruby. Do it now.

Ruby claims to have read this 273 page book in a day. Knowing Ruby, she read a paragraph, got bored and marked it 'read'.

Ruby was disappointed that a text dating back to 5th Century BC wasn't modern and relatable enough for her, but dropped a 5 star rating on outdated instructional text for archaic letter-writing techniques:

View attachment 968056

This was only 26 pages long, so much more Ruby's speed. No wonder she loved it! If it contained storybook pictures and pop-up sections, this would've been her favourite book of all time.

View attachment 968070

And she continues skimming books for dissertation quotes. She notices superficial aesthetics above all else, but the letters are sometimes uncomfortable. Uncomfortable how? Ruby gives no examples. That's tough to do when you only flicked through the book without reading it.
I am DEAD she gave Sun Tzu a one star 🤣 could not make this up

Reactions: 11
Earlier this evening I watched Spiderman: Far From Home and I swear to God I kept thinking of Betty as "Ruby" because they're literally identical.

Betty_Brant.png

Look at this

Wow, it's not like they don't have the funds!! Those windows should be their absolute priority anyway as once water's got in over a long period of time you're (speaking in purely technical terms of course) ✨fucked✨
Maybe they're looking to demolish and rebuild once they've ruined what they've got, then rinse and repeat. Nothing would surprise me anymore.
The building they live in is actually split in three, so I doubt that’s in the plans. They’re just generally inept.

Reactions: 7
Ruby: In one of her Live Study With Me, a bug entered her room through the open window then she ran downstairs holding her MacBook and her camera like a maniac.
Also Ruby: Kills every fly she sees in her room and decorates their corpses on her window-sill.

• Haha
Ruby noted down Jack's recommendations right after his video. Let's see how many she reads because these are some serious ones and cannot be categorized within children's books.

Ruby-Granger-Author-of-Erimentha-Parker-s-To-Do-List-Goodreads.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ruby: In one of her Live Study With Me, a bug entered her room through the open window then she ran downstairs holding her MacBook and her camera like a maniac.
Also Ruby: Kills every fly she sees in her room and decorates their corpses on her window-sill.

(04:49)

On a relatively warm day, she doesn't open the windows to free the flies swarming on her window.

In the dead of winter, she'll happily sit with the windows open while wearing numerous layers of thick clothing, constantly complaining about being cold.

Runtitled07.jpg

Nothing she does makes sense and there's permanent 'Be Back Soon' sign hanging where her brain should be.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
where her brain should be.
It is already rotten.

Imagine Ruby getting bullied by Bully Maguire 😂

( Both of them are in Ruby's kitchen)
Ruby: Helloooo it's Rooobeeee...and you are...ah, yes...Balle Mango!
Bully Maguire: You got my name wrong!
Ruby: NO! I am right your English is poor.
Bully Maguire: Err...leave it! Oh...that's a cute outfit! Did your husband give it to you?
Ruby: No, I am unmarried because I am still 12. By the way, thanks, hot legs!
Bully Maguire: That's my line...
Ruby: Sewry!
Bully Maguire: You want forgiveness? Get religion.
Ruby: Well, I am an atheist but follow Buddhism. (she mentioned this in one of her QnA)
Bully Maguire: Go flock yourself, feather face!
Ruby: Ohhhhh...that's such a nice compliment. AND I suddenly remembered that you have come to rent a room in our super-organized house...
Bully Maguire: I am really gonna enjoy this...
Ruby: BUT! You would have to give me one month's rent in advance because every time someone comes here to rent a room, they leave the very next day throwing a book of house cleaning tips at my face.
Bully Maguire: (Kicks the open gate of her refrigerator) You'll get you your rent when you fix this damn door!
Ruby:
4F15432E00000578-0-image-m-4_1534243722249.jpg

Bully Maguire: You're trash!
Ruby:
sddefault.jpg

Bully Maguire: Gonna cry?
Ruby: No, no, noooooooo...
Untitled0000 (2).jpg

Bully Maguire: I'd love to shoot you sometime.
Ruby: Mummyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.