Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby Granger #22: I can’t relate to Sun Tzu, and neither should you.
To be fair, why should anyone read this, when they can read the big book of wisdom authored by Rooby herself? It includes such gems as:

"If someone disagrees with you they are BULLYING you. Sometimes people ACSHEWLLY get bullied in the work place! The best thing tew dew whenever you are being bullied is tew be stoical like the ancient stoical race of stoical people of olden times who would wear wonderful bonnets and aprons and be bullied be candlelight. Afterwards, when you have stopped being bullied, you can become an anti-bullying advocate like me and make a lot of money."

"If you have an ASSAY tew write, go for a lovely walk in your country estate and when you return, your parlour maid should have completed the task. If she has not, then finger point, because she is a BULLY."

"Presents and other chattel are just for awful, common people and you should not condone such consumerism unless you are being gifted a laptop or have a sponsorship deal or a charity wants to make a personal donation to you to keep your family pile afloat. Anyone who doesn't want tew give you these things is probably BULLYING you."

But these won’t send her free stuff 🙈🙈🙈
Added to which is she not going anywhere near Turl Street, after the massacre of Lincoln College. (I'm sure she is still crying about that. These dreadful Oxford Dons were BULLYING her)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
After another week of laying low and avoiding comeuppance and criticism for the planner debacle, Ruby's back!

Has she learned the error of her ways? Is this a long-overdue apology video? Will she finally be paying back the money she owes to various charities and organisations that she deprived of money or claimed to be donating ad revenue to and never did? (Holocaust Memorial Trust, NHS, Unicef, Ditch the Label, etc., etc.)

View attachment 975499

Nope, just "another vlog". The intonation comes off as "Yes, another one..." as if she's finally aware that all her content is just an endless series of unrelated footage from random days cobbled together into a vlog.

The enthusiasm drips off the screen, much like the condensation on her mouldy windows.

Speaking of condensation, she's tried to hide the 'AD' text in amongst the fog on her window. I mean, Ruby wouldn't be crawling out of her Victorian steamer trunk to show her face and risk dealing with more backlash if she weren't getting paid for it now, would she?

This one's sponsored by 'Karma', which is ironic, since Ruby's had to deal with karma over the Christmas period when dealing with widespread criticism for her terrible business strategy of not sending products to people who paid for them, lying about it and then ignoring everyone. Did I say "criticism"? I meant "bullying", of course - sorry Rubes!

View attachment 975567

Ruby starts by "making her bed" - as usual, this does not involve changing the bedding or sheets that have been on there for a month now, or even adjusting the ill-fitting sheet hanging off her mattress. Just toss the duvet over it and tick it off the to-do list.

View attachment 975580

An outfit change later, she's apparently preparing for a meeting she has at 10. After suspiciously fiddling with the clock and checking that there are batteries in it for some reason, she places it facing the camera. Why? Because she has to prove to her audience that she spent a whopping ten minutes scribbling on her gifted UnreMarkable tablet. Such a majestic feat of productivity.

Digital and analogue clocks are laughably easy to change. This footage could've been recorded at 2:38pm on a Wednesday afternoon. Having a clock pointed at the camera proves nothing but how defensive Ruby is that she's been caught lying about the timescales of her videos on numerous occasions.

After her gruelling 600 seconds of toiling away with mindless scribbles, she's earned a break apparently.

"eeYoo knyow the drill..." Ruby says, "I like to go on a morning walk."

View attachment 975696

This is definitely the face of someone who's enjoying her morning walk. I've seen happier faces at funerals. Hell, I've seen livelier corpses at funerals, and they were better fed, too.

Is she miserable because she was forced to take the dog with her this time? Having to hold the dog's lead impacts her ability to run around frolicking and twirling, caressing the bramble bushes and staring with wonder directly at the sun, like all well-adjusted, mentally competent adults do, so it's entirely possible.

Is she miserable because taking something you enjoy and forcing it to be an habitual routine thing that you do without fail at a certain time every day whether you want to or not is a sure-fire way to wring the enjoyment out of it? Probably. But Ruby will never learn the lesson that rigid routines for every single thing is not beneficial.

Is she miserable because she's still recovering from a month of deserved criticism for her stupidity and misdeeds bullying? Maybe!

Ruby aimlessly wanders the woods with a gloomy look on her face again like she's in the first act of The Blair Witch Project.

View attachment 975935
(Same energy.)

View attachment 975789

Her dog is smart enough to avoid muddy puddles, but Ruby isn't. Instead of following the dog's lead and walking around it, Ruby does her usual childish, mindless thing of aiming for the puddles. Not only that, but she appears to kneel and/or lie down in it - the camera drops to floor level and there's an audible splashing sound. Either Ruby just had to get a close-up of some mud, or she just gave up and faceplanted.

View attachment 976381

View attachment 975783

After "about twenteee minutes?", Ruby's back and so is the clock. Also making a glaring appearance is her PETA-brand phone case, because while she's keen to try to disprove all those people who caught her lying in the vast majority of her videos, she has learned absolutely nothing.

"This call was with a...VIEWER acksually...we were working together on a PROJ-ACKT." By which she presumably means she's found someone to write her dissertation for her, in exchange for the planner they paid for.

Reminder: @Griftwood noted that Ruby was recently chumming the Instagram waters to find followers who've taken her upcoming 'Writing for Children and Young Adults' module so she could quiz them:

Related? Possibly. But Ruby has never treated her viewers like peers. They're the common scum she's here to "educate". They're a source of money and other valuable assets. They're not her equals as far as she's concerned. So if one of them's working on a "proj-ackt" with her, they're doing all the work and she'll take the credit.

After she's done milking some poor chump for essay ideas, she's off to put those ideas onto paper (and magically change outfits)!

View attachment 975839

"This was the farst toime I've evah written paht of an ass-ay downstairs in an armchaah," she lies. We've seen her doing uni work in that chair many times before, so this is a bizarre and dubious flex.

She leaves her giant Fortnum and Mason mug full of Fortnum and Mason tea perched precariously on the edge of the chair's armrest, which is always a wise plan for someone with a proven history of terrible hand-eye coordination.

After plugging F&M so that she can pay tribute to her Tory brethren, she proudly proclaims, "I worked on this ass-ay for tyooo hours? and acksually managed to write a thahrd of the essay."

Now...this sounds like unbelievable bullshit. I'm not saying that's impossible, because it's absolutely possible to write an essay in six hours. It's not likely to be great, but it's doable. Ruby, however? She doesn't work that fast or that efficiently.

View attachment 975871

It's tough to make out clearly, because as well as the content of her videos never improving and becoming more lazily and incompetently made over time, they're also of visually worse quality, and Ruby has started uploading at a maximum resolution of 720p. What is this, 2008?

But when she celebrates being 33% finished with the essay, she shows that she's actually just thrown together an outline in Notion (of course).

The sections that can be made out all employ weird use of caps for some reason:

"CONTEXTS of the argument"
"BOTH BOOKS END WITH RESURRECTION"
"CRUCIFIXION IMAGERY IN TTC"
"CRUCIFIXION IMAGERY IN OLIVER TWIST"
"CONCLUSION"

It's another essay for her seemingly never-ending Dickens module, which it feels like she's been doing for the past three years, in which she compares Christian imagery in A Tale of Two Cities and Oliver Twist.

So she spent two hours cribbing from Sparknotes and threw together part of a rough outline.

To celebrate pretending to accomplish something, her narration awkwardly fades out before the sentence is over and she pretends to drink from an empty mug.

Then her nail polish spontaneously changes from this freshly-applied baby blue:

View attachment 975942

...to this fresh coat of off-white colour polish that's several shades whiter:

View attachment 975943

We know Ruby rides every coat of nail polish into the dust, so there's zero chance she took off a fresh coat and reapplied it.

View attachment 976382

"Syo today whoiylst oiym in Oxford OIYM gyowing to gyow and boiy presents for people," she says. Note that she hasn't mentioned Oxford at any point before this, so this is just bad storytelling. "YASS, Christmas is ovah, butifeelloike people need pick-me-ups in January."

Translation: Ruby wants more things, so she will give additional crappy gifts in January so that people will feel obligated to respond in kind and get her things. She also needs a flimsy excuse to post about the sponsored service she's advertising, so she's really just getting paid to buy things.

In her last video, she posted a massive disclaimer about how Christmas isn't about presents, and it's about treasuring your family, even as she avoided her family to brag about her presents on the internet. This only reinforces that Ruby's all about material tit. And if buying thoughtless gifts for people buys her some cheap goodwill at a time when her name is mud, then that's a bonus.

Ruby's relatives all getting late Christmas presents of regifted crap:

View attachment 976383

Here's a thought, Rubes: Why not give back all the charity money you took, and then make an equal donation on top of it for their troubles? What happened to donating 10% of your earnings? Why is that being postponed, but you're rushing to buy more presents as an excuse to buy stuff and inevitably get stuff in return?

Anyway, right on cue, Ruby segue-ways from her supposedly "spontaneous" gift-buying to advertising Hive again. If you've forgotten what Hive is, it's an online storefront that offers a small percentage of their sales to independent bookshops in their "network" - a maximum of 10% on online delivery orders and 25% if store collection from a given bookshop is selected. It's better than nothing. But you know what's better than buying at a place that gives a paltry slice of the proverbial pie to an independent bookshop? Buying directly from an independent bookshop.

Why does Ruby use Hive? Because she's an idiot, mostly. But also because this video is sponsored by the browser plugin Karma, and since Karma is an American app, there's very few options for UK-based sites for her to use when advertising it, so she always uses Hive. It goes without saying that she never uses Karma or Hive unless she's being paid to.

Ruby cranks the speed of her footage up far too much, to the point where all her words collide in one high-speed crash of barely-comprehensible word vomit.

View attachment 976030

Her unnaturally high-speed rambling makes it unclear if the person she's shopping for told Ruby she liked three books and so Ruby has bought them the exact same three books that the person presumably already owns, or Ruby has chosen three different books based on their similarity to the other three books this person likes. I honestly have no idea, since Ruby's talking like this:

View attachment 976384

Ruby claims to have read 'We Were Liars', 'The House Without Windows' and 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

There's almost no chance she's read 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

She likely skimmed through 'We Were Liars' after accidentally buying it thinking it was an instructional manual.

'The House Without Windows' she actually read, only because it was barely over 100 pages and was written by her hero: A random twelve-year-old girl.

Please take a moment to enjoy Ruby's hilarious, rambling, error-filled review of the book:

View attachment 976034

Reading about how a young girl was happy even owning so little and didn't need worldly possessions to be fulfilled caused Ruby to completely re-evaluate her life. She did this by committing to spending every single day doing whatever she can to get all the money she can and accumulate as many worldly possessions as she can fit into the hundreds of spare rooms in her parents' house, no matter how much lying and swindling she has to do to accomplish this goal. A truly uplifting, feel-good story.

Ruby after reading this book:

View attachment 976385

Ruby gushes how she's "genuinely so happy" to be working with Karma. Y'know, because they're paying her for it.

She claims to have been using Karma for years, yet has never been seen using it outside paid videos.

I've said it before, Ruby, I'll say it again: YOU DO NOT NEED TO LIE IN SPONSORED VIDEOS. THEY WILL PAY YOU THE SAME MONEY EITHER WAY. Just say "This video is sponsored by [insert sponsor here]. Here's what it is and how it works. Here's an offer code (if applicable)." Boom. Done.

Much like your teachers and lecturers, sponsors will not reward you for sucking up to them. The only thing this affects is your integrity, which is now non-existent.

View attachment 976386

Ruby continues lying when advertising Karma. She claims Karma "ensures that you always get the best price when shopping online". This just isn't remotely true.

I shot holes in this claim in her last Karma-sponsored video here:

(All prices were correct at the time of posting that.)

But suffice it to say, Karma does not ensure that you always get the best price when shopping online. Karma just ensures that you might get a publicly-available discount code for one of the select few stores that it supports, and even then, the discounted price will undoubtedly still be far more expensive than if you just shopped around a little online.

View attachment 976076

Ruby cuts in with some short footage of herself using Karma on her filthy laptop screen, and she sounds like she's dying. Her voice is so hoarse and she's clearly ill. But given how much Ruby uses footage from weeks, months and years ago, who knows when that was actually recorded. Does she have the 'rona as we speak? Was this recorded last time she had Covid symptoms and still going out in public and not taking tests? It's anyone's guess.

Back to present, or possibly the past, and Ruby raves about how Karma will alert you if there's a sale offering "fifty PRUH-cent off or twenteee-five PRUH-cent off". And oh, the "KEEYOO-PON" feature is her absolute favourite.

View attachment 976092

Okay, shall we do this again? Maybe last time I got lucky and Karma usually does give the best deals ever.

So her order with Hive, with whopping £1.06 discount voucher applied, comes to a total of £20.13.
(No postage is listed, but we'll assume Ruby picked the free postage option.)

Same order delivered at Amazon? £18.66.

But maybe you don't want to support Jeff Bezos, and who can blame you?

Same order at eBay (books in 'Brand New' quality): £19.13.

Let's say you're happy buying used books as a gift. I know I'd be happy and grateful to get a second-hand book as a gift. Ruby herself seems to advocate for it when recommending charity shops as a source of books for gifts in her previous videos, and that definitely wasn't just a bit of performative virtue signalling now, was it?

That same order, with We Were Liars and To Kill a Mockingbird in "Very Good" condition and The House Without Windows in "New" condition from Abebooks (a storefront that's comprised of mostly - shock! - independent book sellers): £15.26.

If you're a stickler for buying new things when you're buying gifts, the cheapest combination of 'New' items above (We Were Liars and To Kill a Mockingbird new at Amazon and The House Without Windows new from Abebooks) comes to (including delivery): £17.63.

And that was a quick search of a few places I usually shop from. There's undoubtedly far more, potentially cheaper options around.

View attachment 976101

"This has save me SYO mOch money online, and I'm gyowing tyoo use it RIGHT NOW for PAR-chuh-sing these BOOKS." And then never use it again until the next paid video.

And there you have it - her entire reason for this "spontaneous", "selfless" gift-buying session: To advertise Karma.

Karma is dogshit. Don't clutter your browser with potential spyware crap when a few minutes of shopping around online will save you far more money.

View attachment 976104

She has a wheatgrass shot instead of breakfast, because that'll help the brain situation.

And after this latest outfit change - her fifth overall outfit of this "day" - it's time to jump in the back seat and go to Oxford with mummy and daddy.

View attachment 976134

Oxford is a city of culture and history, full of great independent and used book shops. So, naturally, Ruby's first stop is Waterstones:

View attachment 976115

Her sponsor-chasing obsession with Waterstones would be completely hilarious if it wasn't so embarrassing at this point. That's not to say it's not still pretty hilarious.

Ruby, even if Waterstones were going to sponsor you, which they never, ever will...if you keep advertising them for free, why would they ever want or need to pay you for it?

To add to the hilarity, Ruby starts raving about how Oxford is one of her favourite cities and how much she loves the "unrivalled" architecture...while filming inside a bleeping Waterstones, whose layout and decor is practically identical from city to city.

View attachment 976117

"This Waterstones is my FAVOURITE Waterstones," she says as she picks up an Oxford University keychain.

Ruby, the Oxford University is for Oxford University students. Are you an Oxford University student? No, you are not.

View attachment 976387

Also, note that her nail polished has magically changed once again. From bright baby blue, to off-white, to bright blue again...

After a trip to Blackwells, which is better than Waterstones, but still not exactly a sampling of the unique variety of bookshops that the city has to offer, Ruby goes to Anthropologie as it gets dark, because why not just hit up every bland mass-market chain you can in a new city?

View attachment 976120

Ruby probably just shops there because they're very sustainable and eco-frie--

Oh.

Well, anyway...

After a trip to a shopping mall Krispy Kreme for possibly-vegan-but-knowing-Ruby-probably-not donuts, she's outside and it's suddenly daylight again:

View attachment 976130

She's clearly put on a mask just to take it off on-screen - we know Ruby avoids wearing them wherever possible. Let's not forget the uni cafe fiasco.

"I always forget how much I hate flogging in pubic," she says, and I'm honestly not sure if she mispronounced "vlogging" or if she's gone too deep down the Victorian rabbit hole, but she 100% says it with an 'F'.

She does some sightseeing around local landmarks like the Bodleian Library and Radcliffe Camera, but it's pitch black by the time she's done bleeping around with mass-market retail, so it's all a little pointless as everywhere's shut. Ruby notes that she only had two hours in Oxford, and half of that was spent shopping.

What was the point in this trip? Why didn't they go in the morning to have the full day there? Why waste half of a two hour trip in shops you can see anywhere?

Ruby hides her parents off-screen to fake this being a solo trip as much as she can, so I would assume - at best - her parents were going for a meal with friends (hence the two hour timeframe) and Ruby tagged along to walk around alone in close proximity to the restaurant. So outgoing! Such independence!

View attachment 976135
View attachment 976136
View attachment 976138

As she rambles factoids about random buildings, she films herself skulking around a carpark and walking along a 6 foot section of street as passers-by eye here like she's a lunatic. They're not wrong.

We're then treated to more shots of her walking, but they're completely out of focus. She included them anyway.

View attachment 976139
View attachment 976141

At this point, the restaurant staff probably had to ask Ruby's parents to leave because the mentally challenged child they left roaming and frolicking in the car park was scaring the customers, because it's home time!

View attachment 976148

Ruby shows her haul to her mum, even though she was there, shared a car ride back and will probably get six letters in the post from Ruby about this trip in the next week and a half.

"I had lots of fun cheesing out little gifts for people." Ruby is still incapable of saying the word "choosing" properly, in addition to 74% of the rest of the English language.

View attachment 976146

After taking the world's smallest bite of a "vegan" donut, Ruby proclaims that we all need to try this, if we're vegan or not. I mean, we know Ruby isn't.

View attachment 976150

Ruby decides that the first week of January (or so she claims) is a great time to start adding Christmas ornaments to the tree, as Daddy Bones creeps about in the hallway.

View attachment 976155

And then after yet another outfit change - her sixth outfit! - she writes three letters. Presumably all to her mummy.

A new day dawns!

As her hairline recedes before our very eyes due to prolonged malnutrition, Ruby helps it along by eating porridge that barely fills the bottom 1/5th of the bowl and a stupidly small fruit cup with four frozen blueberries and a small smear of yoghurt.

This is not food. This is food's newborn baby brother. When it grows to be three times bigger, it may qualify as a snack.

View attachment 976157

The fact that Ruby is still showing this tit and by extension encouraging it as a healthy meal is dangerously stupid.

Ruby reads The Art of War, and her thoughts in the video are almost word-for-word her flimsy, dismissive review on Goodreads verbatim:

"I thought this would contain more wisdom than it did. I’ve heard so many people rave about it that I expected it to be more readily applicable to modern-day conflict. It’s interesting because of its age, but not for much else."

Her complete inability to apply critical thinking to a relatively simple text is astounding.

Sun Tzu's collected advise is timeless. There's a reason it's been used for centuries in countless different fields.

It's not beyond criticism, sure - you can argue that some ideas contradict others, or that the messages put forth in them have been so often parroted over the ages that they've become almost trite platitudes.

But to say that the book is completely worthless and cannot be applied to modern-day conflict just shows how feeble Ruby's brain and it's ability to interpret and apply and recontextualize information truly is.

I mean: "Anger may in time change to gladness. But a kingdom that has once been destroyed can never come again into being." That's as true as it ever was, and applies to all sorts of modern-day conflicts, big and small. Don't act while you're pissed off. You might feel better in the morning, but the damage you did while your thoughts were clouded by anger can't be undone, as much as you regret them. The Art of War is full of such timeless idioms.

She's clearly gone into this book, taking what little she read with a very literal interpretation and then got bored and bailed.

It's not hard to see why Oxford Uni rejected her as fast as they could.

View attachment 976181

An outfit change later, Ruby's wasting her time planning.

"I just used my master to-do list and then transferred that onto a timetable because I had quite a lot of things I wanted to do today..."

I know when I have a lot to do and a finite amount of time to do it all, the first thing I like to do is waste a significant portion of that time on repetitive, redundant tasks that serve no meaningful purpose.

I thought this was what your planner was for, Ruby? So that you could remind yourself ahead of time what you needed to do? Why are you always doing this tit the morning of?

She decides she hasn't started any fires in a while and uses it as an excuse to show off another Christmas gift.

View attachment 976188

With no further explanation, she holds a candle at the camera. It's too blurry to see. Does Ruby record a second take? duck no - has she ever?

View attachment 976191

"I am one with the fire, the fire is with me," she probably mutters subconsciously.

View attachment 976195

"My bullies will burn in the fires of Hades," she thinks to herself, mindlessly burning more things.

Failing to like the second candle on her first try, she tries again.

View attachment 976199

Only her hand-eye coordination is completely shot, and she holds the rapidly blazing candle like half an inch away from the wick, as if she somehow thinks lighting fires from a distance will work. She gets confused why this insane display of stupidity isn't working, and then awkwardly cuts away. When she cuts back, the candle is lit. Apparently lighting a candle required both hands and all her concentration.

Ruby, this is your latest reminder that the body requires nutrients for the brain to function.

View attachment 976212

Ruby is back on that Dickens essays again, and whips the clock out to prove...something? Without seeing your screen, all this proves it that you spent a chunk of time at your laptop. Anyone can do that, Ruby.

But apparently her Dickens essay is complete! So it's time for an outfit change/some footage from a random new day!

View attachment 976223

"I literally change outfits twice in the space of an hour this day haha!"

View attachment 976388

View attachment 976292

Quick to try to distract us from her blatant lies and the three different outfits in less than a minute, Ruby shrieks that it's snowing.

Only there doesn't appear to be any snow. Not that we can see through the foggy windows of Ruby's swampy sweat-trap of a room:

View attachment 976233

Ruby shows all the condensation, and for some reason she's written "Look at you, playing with your cards. Pathetic! - Hermione" on one of the panes. Such an inspirational message of...judgemental, dismissive bullying?

View attachment 976235

View attachment 976236

Hmm.

Anyway. Ruby claims the snow "Must've just stopped." But there was no snow. It was merely Ruby's brain malfunctioning.

Ruby, this is your latest reminder that the body requires nutrients for the brain to function.

Those gifted flowers are still on her windowsill and crumbling to dust faster than Ruby's future prospects.

View attachment 976247

Ruby claims she's going to clear under her bed, but it's just a flimsy excuse to show more books she hasn't read.

"I ALWAYS just seem to end up with a MASSIVE pile of books BY. MY. BED." She points at a very small stack of around five or six books, two of which are pocket-sized. "WHO ELSE?"

Who else?

View attachment 976389

She doesn't clean under the bed. Instead she fucks around putting away Christmas decorations.

She heads towards the dead flowers on the windowsill...

"The one thing I really don't want to take down is..."

She reaches for the dead flowers on the windowsill...

Is she finally gonna toss them?!

She veers hard right: "...My nutcracker!"

View attachment 976255

Those flowers are going to be there as long as the house is.

View attachment 976257

Ruby is amazed that pine needles have fallen off a dead pine tree.

"THAT'S CRAYYYZEEEEE," she drones, running her hands through the mess.

She pulls more off the branches, as if we won't believe that pine needles have fallen off a dead pine tree unless we see it with our own eyes.

Ruby, this is what happens when you leave a dead pine tree in your room for far too long. The pine needles fall off. It ain't the aurora borealis.

After making a massive bleeping mess in this area of the room, she then decides it's time to divert her attention under the bed.

View attachment 976262

She doesn't hoover or dust under there, or pull her bed out to clean behind it. She just pulls the easy-to-reach stuff out and transfers some of it from the dusty under-bed area to her mouldy trunk, which is like going from the frying pan to a dumpster fire.

After the dust is all stirred up from under the bed, there's black mould particles swirling through the air and pine needles occupying every crevice of the floorboards, Ruby decides it's a good time for putting wax seals on letters instead of cleaning anything.

View attachment 976271

Her wax stamp technique hasn't improved one bit. It's misshapen, the stamp design is off-centre and the seal itself is barely touching the envelope seal line. It's purely decorative, since the envelope is a self-sealing one, but that's all the more reason for this to not look like tit. I'm no wax seal expert, but this looks like melted ass.

And speaking of melted ass...

View attachment 976279

Ruby decided the pièce de résistance for this whole crappy affair would be to smear the front of the envelope with a strange brown trail of something distinctly...fecal.

View attachment 976390

Poor Emily.

View attachment 976290

Ruby adds a stamp of her favourite fictional child, with a note for...the postman, I guess?

She claims some "frAnds" are coming over, which sounds distinctly like bullshit. But it's a convenient excuse to show off the things Ruby bought for herself her "frAnds".

There's a teacup. Which, of course, isn't just a self-gift for Ruby.

And then a tea selection tin. Which, of course, isn't just a self-gift for Ruby.

View attachment 976297

Ruby sees, in distinct, white letters, "T2" and her brain just turns to gloop and struggles to parse the very clear letters.

View attachment 976308

"Twah--uhh--twotee--teetoo..."

Also on the gift list: A dragonfly pouch from Accessorise which Ruby says will be part of a Secret Garden themed literary box for "this person". Which, of course, isn't just a self-gift for Ruby.

View attachment 976321

Ruby claims this next gift - a notepad with a cover made from an upcycled vintage book cover that Blackwell's sell - was just too extravagant and expensive to justify buying for herself, so she only got it as a gift for someone else.

These notebooks sell for £17.

Now, let's break this down.

Ruby spends more than that in a couple of days on tea.

Ruby's planner that she sells is £16. It is also of terrible quality, may arrive defective or may not arrive at all. But that, she claims, is "essential". So what's the difference between a prohibitively expensive £17 and a "you have to bleeping buy this or your academic life will crumble before your eyes!" £16? Well, the obvious answer is that Ruby wants money.

But that's not a fair comparison, right? A planner serves a different function to a blank notebook.

You're right. But Ruby sells notebooks, too. They cost £9 for 80 pages and look like this:

View attachment 976338

That is to say, they look like tit. Flimsy, cheap quality and massively overpriced.

The About Blanks notebook is infinitely higher quality, is studier, is much more visually appealing and has much more personality. The page count for the About Blanks notebook isn't listed, but it appears to be 200-400 pages at a glance.

So, you'd need to buy 3-5 of Ruby's notebook for a cost of £27-45 (before shipping) to get the same amount of pages and hers would still be flimsy tit. But Ruby doesn't claim that's too expensive or extravagant.

This performative poverty act fools nobody, Ruby. It's insulting, and nobody buys it.

Ruby did this for two equally transparent, stupid reasons.

1. She thinks it makes her look especially generous if the gift she makes a big deal about how the gift she's buying is prohibitively expensive and "extravagant".
2. She think it makes her seem relatable to pretend to be poor.

Meanwhile she owns her own home while living with her parents and paying no rent, is the paid face of a business swindling it's customers for tens of thousands, gets lucrative paid deals to endorse and advertise products she never uses.

Ruby implies this is a gift for a viewer, and this is really crappy behaviour when buying someone who watches her content a gift. Would you hand someone a gift and say "This is SO extravagant and expensive! Like, I couldn't even justify buying this for myself." If the person didn't immediately see through Ruby's bullshit - and it's likely that Ruby's hardcore fans won't - that'd make them feel immediately guilty, like they couldn't accept it. And that's what Ruby just did.

"I have been speaking with this lovely person, and...speaking with her, I just feel like this is the kind of thing that she'd really like, BECAUSE SHE SOUNDS A LOT LIKE ME!" Oh. Never mind - Ruby just bought this for herself.

Ruby never shows the friends she was meeting, but says it was Felicity and Verity, the twins who're children of her parents' friends, because Ruby is incapable of making any social connections outside her parents.

View attachment 976365

Back home, Ruby starts scribbling inside a book which is apparently for a friend, defacing a page several pages in. Unless you wrote this book, Ruby, don't ruin this gift with your bullshit drivel. Just write a card to go with it.

View attachment 976371

Ruby writes an essay of a card in addition to defacing the gifted book. So not only does the poor recipient get a ruined book, they get to wade through Ruby's indecipherable scrawl without a dictionary that'll translate whatever nonsense language she's writing in.

And finally, the nightmare is over.
The plot thickens (aka I definetly don’t have better things to do than watch a Rooby video):
The candel she is lighting for the first time around 8:20 is seen already used at around 3:10, but I’m just a mean bully and Rooby can obviously time travel and that’s why the timelines in her videos are always messed up. We just can’t comprehend her adventures in time and space with our (frozen)pea brains guys…

Reactions: 9
Imagine if someone (like one of us) found her cottage and was able to rent it for a while. Imagine someone vlogging it 'I stayed in Ruby Grangers Cottage for week and here's what happened'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Imagine if someone (like one of us) found her cottage and was able to rent it for a while. Imagine someone vlogging it 'I stayed in Ruby Grangers Cottage for week and here's what happened'
I doubt you’d even know she’s your landlord, unless you knew what the house looked like. I’d imagine that everything is handled by an agency and it’s their address in the contact details - I can’t see Ruby (or Ma ‘n’ Pa Granger) having the slightest interest in managing a rental property so it’s probably all done at arm’s length and managed by the agency. Which is probably a good thing … I would say though that if I knew any Granger was my landlord the the quarterly inspections assessing how well I was looking after the property would grind my gears more than a bit.

Reactions: 17
I doubt you’d even know she’s your landlord, unless you knew what the house looked like. I’d imagine that everything is handled by an agency and it’s their address in the contact details - I can’t see Ruby (or Ma ‘n’ Pa Granger) having the slightest interest in managing a rental property so it’s probably all done at arm’s length and managed by the agency. Which is probably a good thing … I would say though that if I knew any Granger was my landlord the the quarterly inspections assessing how well I was looking after the property would grind my gears more than a bit.
Yeah, it’s almost definitely managed by a lettings agency. I can’t imagine any of Ruby’s family know the first thing about managing or developing a property considering what their own house looks like.

Given the fiasco over the planners, can you imagine how Ruby would handle complaints from a tenant about stuff that needs to be repaired?

Reactions: 16
Someone on a previous thread found the listing when it was to let - they knew where it was and what it looked like from Ruby's (now deleted) 'I bought a house' video, so it didn't take them long. Ruby's new desk chair and round table in her bedroom were actually in the photos!

Reactions: 5
1641763600836.png

"Nyooo! Stop bullying me about the dissertation. I'll do it in my own time! Mummy, the terrible tattlers are at it again!" *sniff*

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Her complete inability to apply critical thinking to a relatively simple text is astounding.

Sun Tzu's collected advise is timeless. There's a reason it's been used for centuries in countless different fields.

It's not beyond criticism, sure - you can argue that some ideas contradict others, or that the messages put forth in them have been so often parroted over the ages that they've become almost trite platitudes.

But to say that the book is completely worthless and cannot be applied to modern-day conflict just shows how feeble Ruby's brain and it's ability to interpret and apply and recontextualize information truly is.

I mean: "Anger may in time change to gladness. But a kingdom that has once been destroyed can never come again into being." That's as true as it ever was, and applies to all sorts of modern-day conflicts, big and small. Don't act while you're pissed off. You might feel better in the morning, but the damage you did while your thoughts were clouded by anger can't be undone, as much as you regret them. The Art of War is full of such timeless idioms.

She's clearly gone into this book, taking what little she read with a very literal interpretation and then got bored and bailed.
She could've used this book to do her usual smartest-person-in-the-room thing, showing how these quotes can be applied to modern political conflict or university, family life or even high school. Not that she would've had much to say, but it would have been more interesting than her Goodreads review. It's an endlessly fascinating book not just for its literal interpretation, but for the way that it's been applied and talked about for so long too. She has so much to work with, even if she didn't like the book! And yet she takes the path of least effort instead.

Reactions: 15
I believe that properly speaking the language the book was written in is a requirement for reading audio books. And she can't speak (or write) English.
She'd also only commit to narration gigs for literature that's 30 pages, max. So...nursery rhyme books and junk mail pamphlets.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ruby Granger #22: The kitchen's underwater and her parents forgot they have another daughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I‘ve recently watched the Harry Potter Reunion and I finally understood why people said she used to (?) imitate young Hermiones voice. Some sentences sound so similar, it is scary.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.